Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
DaisyMom618
Earning My Ears

Will Disney World be busy or slow?

Hello all! I am new to the DISboards and still trying to navigate this site. Can anyone PLEASE tell me if Disney World will be extremely busy the second week of February?!? I am taking my DS5 to Disney World for his first vist on Feb. 8th (SOOOOOO excited! ). We will be there until Feb. 12th the Friday before Presidents Day weekend. We will also be there for his 6th Birthday (Feb. 10th)! I have done alot of research to make it the best possible trip and when I booked the trip I saw a lot of info saying that the time of year we are going is one of the least crowded. As I look around different site I'm seeing that maybe that time isn't the best as it is VERY crowded! Can someone please give me an answer from personal experience? Thank you so much! I love this site!
DaisyMom618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
Bob P
DIS Veteran

Hi and to the DIS!

Disney crowds are pretty easy to predict: when schools are closed through much of the country, WDW will be crowded. When schools are open, WDW will not be too bad. And in general, weekends are more crowded than weekdays.

President's Day week is pretty crowded; the week before President's Day is not. Enjoy your trip!

Sept/Oct 1986 Viscount....June 1990 Hyatt Grand Cypress.....Sept/Oct 1991 Howard Johnson's....June 1993 Polynesian...June & Dec 1994, Aug 1995, 96, 97, 98 Beach Club.....Mar & Sept 1999 Dixie Landings...Aug 1999 Disneyland....Nov 1999 Yacht Club....Aug 2000 & 2002 Boardwalk Inn....Nov 2001 All-Star Sports....Oct 2003 Port Orleans Riverside...Jan 2004 (Marathon) Coronado Springs...Feb 2004 Old Key West....August 2004 Yacht Club....May 2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge....Feb 2006 Boardwalk Villas...April 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge...June 2006 DL, DCA, Disneyland Hotel.... January 2007 Polynesian...August 2007 Beach Club... Sept 2007 DL, DCA, Grand Californian Hotel....May 2009 Boardwalk Villas....June 2010 Portofino Bay Hotel....January 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter/Grand Floridian/Disney Dream....May 2011 Boardwalk Villas...March 2012 Beach Club/Disney Fantasy...December 2012 Art of Animation...February 2014 Disneyland & DCA...NEXT TRIP: January 2015 Art of Animation
Bob P is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2010, 07:14 AM   #3
DaisyMom618
Earning My Ears

Thank you for your help! I was going CRAZY thinking that it would be busy!
DaisyMom618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:14 AM   #4
loganjared
Mouseketeer

We went at that time a couple of years ago. The crowds weren't bad compared to when we go in June. Pack a wide variety of clothing options though. When we were there in Feb. we had a high of 35 one day and hot with tornado warnings at Disneyworld the next day. They said those two scenerios never happen and the rest of our trip was warm and sunny, but it just shows you never know and we were not prepared for cold weather.

loganjared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:10 PM   #5
cglaura
I still love the smell of Love's Baby Soft

I think perhaps Friday the 12th might be a little busier, from people looking to make a 4 day weekend out of a Monday holiday. But if you are leaving that day it might not effect you.

But the rest of the week seems pretty good! It might get a wee bit busier as the week goes on, for the above weekend...people extending a holiday weekend.

But nothing like Christmas, Easter or summer crowds.

Have a great trip!

The hardest thing about having a plant-based only lifestyle is waking up at 5am to milk the almonds

************************************************** ****************************************

The pessimist complains about the wind... The optimist expects it to change... The realist adjusts the sails.

************************************************** ****************************************

A clever person turns great troubles into little ones... and little ones into none at all.

cglaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:53 PM   #6
luvvseeyore
Earning My Ears

I'm going the last week of Feb, doesn't look too bad, might want to joing tourguidemike.com (TGM) there are threads about his site too, under planning I think. I wondered if I should, but like someone said, you're spending over 3 grand on a vacation, isn't spending 20 bucks on the best advise ever worth it. He has great planning tips.

Good luck!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/c3uim3xnxeubp8e8.png[/img]

PAST TRIPS:
2006 POP ALL 4 DISNEY PARKS/WATER PARKS
2007 ISLANDS / BUSCH
2008 ISLANDS/UNIVERSAL/BUSCH/SEA WORLD/WET & WILD
2009 ISLAND / UNIVERSAL
2010 CBR ALL 4 DISNEY PARKS
luvvseeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:11 PM   #7
ScarlettinWonderland
Earning My Ears

We went around that time last year and it wasn't too crowded the first couple days, then it got a little more crowded and then it got even more crowded on Valentine's Day but you won't be there that day so it should be fine!
ScarlettinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:10 PM   #8
yourMaire83
SPA MARIE

The beginning of your trip it shouldn't be crowded at all. But President's Day weekend it's going to be a zoo!

Check www.touringplans.com for their crowd calendar and go to the park that is recommended for the days you will be touring the parks. Don't do Extra Magic Hours unless you have park hopping tickets and can leave to go to the recommended park when it gets very crowded the rest of the day. EMH parks will have twice the wait in lines once they open to the general public.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:24 PM   #9
ckdsnynt
DIS Veteran

We went that same time this past year and the first few days were great but the closer it got to the holiday, the more crowded it got, but not unmanageable. The weather was pleasant during the day but you needed a warmjacket at night.
ckdsnynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:28 PM   #10
lynnc1265
Earning My Ears

Our trip last year was 2/10 - 2/17, which encompassed Valentine's and President's Days. It was busier than I expected, especially as the weekend approached. I later found out from Tour Guide Mike that we went to the wrong parks on the wrong days based on the day of the week and various "special events" going in the different parks. Duh - maybe should have consulted him first! Might be worth consulting his Least Crowded Parks advice for the 2nd half of your stay.

We'll be there from 1/30-2/6, so we'll leave some lucky Pixie Dust behind for you! Enjoy your Magical Vacation!

June 1975 Off-site property
April 1997 Dixie Landings
February 2009 CBR
February 2010 POR

lynnc1265 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: