Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2010, 01:01 AM   #1
varganator10sq
Earning My Ears

Graycliff walking?

Is it possible to walk to Graycliff from the dock? How far is it? I know everyone has different distances that they are willing to walk. I am interested in going to the Cigar room.
varganator10sq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:25 AM   #2
IndyStarGazer
Jafar Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by varganator10sq View Post
Is it possible to walk to Graycliff from the dock? How far is it? I know everyone has different distances that they are willing to walk. I am interested in going to the Cigar room.
I walked there and back, but I'm not sure I would recommend it. It is a bit of a hike, very hilly in places, but the real issue was some of the neighborhoods I went through. Nassau is one of those cities that can transition from fairly nice areas to barbed wire and iron-barred windows in just a block or two. Even though it was a sunny afternoon I was getting a bit concerned.

There may be a better route than the one I took though. We had seen Graycliff while we were on one of the city tours so I backtracked the way the bus went. I didn't get lost but there was probably a safer/easier route on foot.

The other thing to be aware of is time. The folks at Graycliff were friendly but not exactly in a hurry to do anything! IIRC I made it back to the ship with about 10 minutes to spare but with some very nice cigars in hand.

Wonder Oct 19, 2008
Wonder June 28, 2011
IndyStarGazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:46 AM   #3
Graycliff
Earning My Ears

Graycliff walking?

Dear varganator10sq,

Sure it's possible to walk from the wharf, we're not that far, but if you're interested in a tour to the Graycliff Cigar Company - we have a tour offered via the Disney Shore Excursion desk on the Disney Wonder and it includes the transfers to and from the ship. The Graycliff Cigar & Rum Experience - You’ll learn from the masters how to sort, clean and roll a cigar.

As a cigar aficionado, you’ll love the history lesson with the secrets of where the best tobacco leaves come from and what blends of select leaves make the award winning Graycliff Cigars. Paired with the art of world class cigar making, is the appreciation of some of the Caribbean’s finest rums like Mount Gay, Barbacourt, Bacardi and many more. Participants are presented with a complimentary cigar and cigar cutter and you get to keep the cigar you’ve rolled.

We look forward to having you at Graycliff soon.
Graycliff is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: