Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2010, 08:03 AM   #31
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Really enjoying every minute of this wonderful report ... your photos of Castaway Cay are stunning ... I so wish I was there
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:43 PM   #32
King Charming
Mouseketeer

The Beard

I never did like shaving in the summertime, so getting scruffy was easy. Then DW suggested(?) trimming it up, so it was longer in the chin area than the rest. A while later I got a wild hair up my, I mean this crazy idea to grow a pirate beard. ONLY for the cruise was her responce, and from there it was easy. By Nov. I had 4 inches or so of chin hair, so I shaved everything else off. But now I had a King Tut beard; a style my poker buddies quickly pointed out had been dead for centuries. Not really a problem I thought, heck, even I can braid hair. Yeah, right, you've seen the pics, it never got done. The closer to cruise week, the busier I was, and the smaller a priority it became. I know I should have had it done at CC that first day, or during the first sea day up on deck, but...

Finally in Cozumel, as we were walking the two blocks to the Megastore (think giant superwalmart), we stopped along the way. 4 braids for 10 dollars. We said no and kept walking. But we talked about it and agreed it was worth 5-7 bucks, and I'd get it done on the way back. First words out of the lady's mouth were '$6 U.S.'. Sold! I assume the position and now understand why little girls cry when they get their hair braided. Yeah, they pull your hair hard to weave it tight. (Nope, not a tear here). So I'm sitting there and Mr Polite comes up asking if I'm the dude with the two dollar bills. I had spent a few next door, and they are rather different. He was so nice about asking I traded him my last 3 bills and 4 dollar coins for Mr Hamilton. Braid lady got a 5 and the last 2 dollar coins in my pocket. They couldn't stop talking about how pretty the coins were.

I'm telling you people, these brand new dollar coins make excellent tips. Although I burned through 50 of them, I was also frugal. It worked real well for me since I'm not overly fond of giving my money away. The two dollar bills didn't go over nearly as well, even though they are worth twice as much.

Anyway, I really liked this new style, with the beads, so much so I kept it for a few weeks after the cruise. I'd probably still have it, but it's not really a style that goes over well during job interviews.
King Charming is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2010, 10:41 PM   #33
King Charming
Mouseketeer

Monday

After staying up way too late last night on the V, I was up at the crack of dawn. Yeah, right... My eyes opened at 10, and I was moving around by 10:30. Really, what AM I missing during the am hours? So darn easy to justify. I left the room around 10:45 and got into Topsiders before they closed down Bfast. I had a quick meal, then brought some bacon back for the other sleepyheads in the room. With the kids club keeping the boys up past midnight every night, they slept late most mornings. Thankfully there were only two early morning to deal with, the character Bfast and the last day. Since today wasn't one of 'em, I was in no hurry at all.

DW finally got me up on deck around noon. We watched a tour of the ship on the big screen (now that's lazy!), then did more similar thrilling things. Even when you are doing nothing the time flies by. We sailed around Cuba all day, close enough to see the mountains. I lost track of how many times I asked DW a variation of 'Is that Fidel sitting on that hill over there?'.

Dinner was again fabulous. Granted, the food was very good; of a quality and service I seldom spring for. But I'd forgotten how much fun conversation with interesting folks can be. The food was almost an interruption we were having such a good time.

Tonight was the night we took the neat sunset photos. It didn't start off promising, as there was a thick layer of clouds almost to the horizon. This resulted in a rather strange top and bottom that looked very similar. We took dozens of pics at various settings, and a couple of the zoomed in shots made my top 10 for the week.

I didn't see any of the shows last time, so to get that monkey off my back we trucked over to the theatre to see comedian/ventriloquist Mike do his show. He was very entertaining, did a funny cruise related routine (Big terminal, big ship, big theatre, but stateroom?). He had a oversized tennis ball, cut along a seam so that when squeezed, it's mouth would open. Attaching a pair of eyes, he quickly gave it personality. We had a lot of fun.

My notes say yet a few more drinks were consumed, then back to the room to be in bed by midnight. According to the TV, we are already at Grand Cayman, just 7 miles away. Only we are still sailing at a steady clip, and I can't see anything. That was too much for me to dwell on at that point, so I went to bed.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:56 AM   #34
Hypermommy
Dreams of being a local on Castaway Cay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
Really enjoying every minute of this wonderful report ... your photos of Castaway Cay are stunning ... I so wish I was there
Thanks! Yep, it is a wonderful place isn't it? I wish I could be there forever!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Charming View Post
Anyway, I really liked this new style, with the beads, so much so I kept it for a few weeks after the cruise. I'd probably still have it, but it's not really a style that goes over well during job interviews.
It really did look great with the beads and such!!! And we had several "discussions" about it after the cruise. But that's my man -- whatever it takes to be a bit different and stand out from the crowd. I guess that's the difference between a prince and a KING!

Quote:
Tonight was the night we took the neat sunset photos. It didn't start off promising, as there was a thick layer of clouds almost to the horizon. This resulted in a rather strange top and bottom that looked very similar. We took dozens of pics at various settings, and a couple of the zoomed in shots made my top 10 for the week.
I do so love digital photography. I counted the pictures I took of the sunset and I do believe it was like 43. And out of those, 9 turned out acceptable and 2 or 3 were really good (i.e., I got lucky!).

Quote:
My notes say yet a few more drinks were consumed, then back to the room to be in bed by midnight. According to the TV, we are already at Grand Cayman, just 7 miles away. Only we are still sailing at a steady clip, and I can't see anything. That was too much for me to dwell on at that point, so I went to bed.
Oh, y'all just don't know. When you tell the kids to turn Daddy's channel on and they know that means the map and ship's info channel, that tells you something doesn't it? But I was realy happy that they make the info so very easy to obtain. It truly fascinated KC and he'd check the channel any time we were in the room. It worked out well, though, because I loved the smooth jazz they play on that station so I could get things done in the room while he enjoyed his channel. What? Hypermommy straigtening up and "working" during the cruise? Moms, you've been on vacation right? Nahh, Ii have to admit everyone was absolutely wonderful! Mostly what I was doing in the room was just putzing around.

Okay, so when last we talked I was regaling (boring) you with activities on Castaway Cay. Well, we got back on the ship and tried to take a nap but the ship's maintenance guy came. We'd spoken to our stateroom host that morning about a light fixture on the veranda that was loose and looked like the electronics could get wet. So of course the precept of Mr. Murphy required that the ship's maintenance guy shows up while we're trying to nap. Turns out EM#2 was there and answered the door and almost didn't let the man in because his parents were sleeping (good boy!!!). But I heard something of what was going on and jumped up to let the man in. I'm just impressed that they came so fast!!!!

Then it was time to get ready for dinner. And the kids were late. Now my note says "kids late" so I guess it must have been both of them. But that wasn't the pattern for the week. I have to say that EM#1 did a much better job this time. EM#2 on the other hand... well get to that. But we got into a "discussion" about curfew tonight and whichever one was mad at me at dinner time had his butt firmly planted up on his shoulders by the time we got to the dining room. Ah ha ha... not a problem. There's a teachable moment in this (oh, these poor boys have SUCH a PITA for a mom). I took the child aside and reminded him that in social situations he's as responsible as everyone else for making sure everyone has a good time. Wow! You mean the world doesn't revolve around me and what I'm feeling?!?! I know it's a difficult thing for a teenager to understand but he seemed to get it.

Like KC said we changed the seating arrangements for the night. One of the things we always did in Scouting was to put all the boys down at one end of the table and all the adults at the other. That way we could carry on a reasonable conversation and so could they and we wouldn't have to bore each other. It worked out really well and I thoroughly enjoyed our wonderful dinner companions!

After the comedian we went for a walk and ended up playing shuffleboard on Deck 4. That's something I missed out on doing last time. But it had to be done because even I know you need to play shuffleboard when on a cruise. It was fun! Of course KC beat me. He usually does. But that's what I'd expect from my own personal Rhett Butler. He keeps me on my toes... or as this quote from the book Scarlett puts it ... "Rhett was [in her heart]. Laughing at her, outwitting her, challenging her, surpassing her, dominating her, sheltering her." That's the King that I love and the wonderful man I married.

So we finally get back to the room and curfew for the boys comes around. Now my rules were simple. You will show up at X time for dinner and you will be in the room 10 minutes after the Stack closes. Believe you me, it doesn't take long for my overactive imagination to start imagining some group of 14yo boys playing a roughhousing game that ends up with one of them (my son) going overboard and the rest of them being too scared to say anything becuase they know how much trouble they'll get into. So I head out to guest services to see if they can page him or something. The whole way I'm freaking out. The very nice CM at guest services says it happens every cruise (like I care! MY CHILD is not on every cruise!!!) and that they have a process. He paged all the cleaning people that crawl the ship at night and ask them to look out for the child. I didn't even know what he was wearing becuase the last time I saw him he was heading to the swimming pool. So I guess that's all I can do on that front so I head back to the room. As I walk in I'm telling KC that he has to get up and help me look for the boy. I tell EM#1 to stay by the phone in case anyone calls. KC had time enough to swing his legs over the side of the bed (yes, he was already in bed... I swear we are definitely different in how we handle things ) before the phone rang. It was guest services telling me EM#2 had been found and was on his way back to the room. When he got there I growled at him to get in bed and we'd talk in the morning. Then I sat on the veranda for a while trying to calm my racing heart before I could head to bed. Ugh.. teenagers!!!

Okay, now that I've rambled long enough, lemme see what pictures I have from Sunday.

This boy will eat any and everything!

Oh, I forgot one thing we did was EM#1 and I went and did kareoke. He did a great job!!!!

If you look carefully you can just about see Fidel hanging out on the mountains

Here's KC hanging out on the veranda. Don'tcha just love the beard!

Here's a few of those sunset pictures we talked about:

Here's my menfolk. I'm not sure where we're going but everyone looks happy.

EM#2 enjoyed figuring out how to do the napkin folding

Look what I found! I need new stuff for my kitchen anyway, huh?

I guess that's about it for now. Time to get ready for work anyway. See y'all later.
Hypermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:43 AM   #35
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Great updates! Sorry to hear you were in panic mode...I would have been, as well.

Great pics!!!
Old 01-23-2010, 12:52 AM   #36
King Charming
Mouseketeer

Tues (AKA Grand Cayman)

This old man was up at 7 and went straight to the V. We idled into port next to the Carnival Legend. It seemed to take two tries, but we were anchored and stopped moving by 7:30. The steady tendering began when the 1st one pulled away at 7:52. They had three boats going back and forth, and I watched them for a long time. We had no excursions planned for today after our do it yourself trip to Hell got cut in a cost cutting move. DW showed up with some bacon at some point, and I came back in around 10:30. Ready by 11, our first stop was to Guest Services to replace another lost key. Again they changed out all 4 after I confessed to having more than one clueless family member who couldn't keep track of their room key if it was tied to their neck (oh yeah, a lanyard!). A full search was conducted (again), really, but after 15 minutes or so of looking around a small room, getting a new set is so much better then the mounting frustration of looking for another few minutes in the same places. We missed the folks at the Excursion Desk again. They are only open a few hours a day, and we had questions about tomorrows stuff. Next was Topsiders for lunch, only they were closed too. I got totally bummed, let it ruin my whole... nah, just popped outside for a nice Goofy meal.

We asked the boys what they were looking forward to here, and got similar responces. With a been there, done that attitude, they said there was nothing to do there but shop, and didn't want to go ashore. They were having a good time at the Stack, and didn't feel they were missing anything.

Done deal, we were off to deck 1 to a waiting tender (no lines by now), and were islanders 10 minutes later. We slowly strolled by the library, turned right and went on over to the post office. A 75 cent stamp (for a letter) cost 94 cents U.S., so I traded a dollar for the stamp and a GC nickel (dime sized). The lowest of the 4 slots is for foreign mail, clearly marked.

Then the quest began as we walked further inland and away from the port area. After 6 or 8 blocks it began to look hopeless, so we walked over to the cop who had been eyeballing us something fierce. I guess he thought I was one of those dorkey tourists looking for the seedier side of town. When I explained our mission he was all smiles and confused us with options. I was quite impressed with the large number of uniformed law keepers around the port. I guess they decided long ago that tourists are sacred and must be tended to. Of course the further out you go, the less there are, but they seem to be all over the place. Anyway, about another 10 blocks in (careful, no sidewalks anymore), we struck gold! A mini-mart that even had a Pepsi sticker on the door!! Three 2 liter bottles could get darn heavy if the stuff didn't keep me alive so well, so we trudge back. Heading back in we find the corner that our bus driver from last time dropped us off at, so I head straight to the cigar shop. Only been here twice and already know my way around. Dang, I would have patted myself on the back, but I couldn't lift my arms.

Three various Cubans were $81US, then we resumed our journey back. Even though we had NO plans to buy ANY windows, Hyper insisted on shopping for them the whole time. We got back on the ship at 2 (again no tender lines), and I became one with the V again. It is again a picture perfect day, 77 degrees, light breeze, light chop. There was no sign of the tropical storm/hurricane Ida that came by 10 days ago. Oh, this is the life...
Old 01-23-2010, 05:03 AM   #37
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member

Quote:
We got back on the ship at 2 (again no tender lines), and I became one with the V again. It is again a picture perfect day, 77 degrees, light breeze, light chop. There was no sign of the tropical storm/hurricane Ida that came by 10 days ago. Oh, this is the life...

Ahhh, KC...you're starting to make me regret my cost-saving strategy of not booking a CAT5 or 6 for our next cruise. We did spend quite a bit of time there, but of course I'm being cheap...I loved sitting out there just gazing at the scenery.

Off cruise topic, though I must have you and your wife's opinion on something...when you decided to move did you already know the neighborhood you wanted to move to? Or did you just take a chance when house-hunting?
Old 01-24-2010, 02:45 PM   #38
nashville_minnie
Mouseketeer

Hello! I just found your TR & am joining in. We took a Western in Dec, so it is neat to read what you did in the ports.

Great job, keep it up!

ps- i am so jealous that you moved to Orlando, i lived there from '99-'03 & miss it so much! i was in the Hunter's Creek area. enjoy O-town!
thousands of visits to WDW (former WDWCP & FT cast member)
nashville_minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:34 PM   #39
King Charming
Mouseketeer

The job is in NE Orlando, and I assumed that the further out you go, the more affordable the area is. DW was able to scout out the neighborhoods during the two months she was here and I was still in Tally. We ended up almost an hour away from Mickey's house.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:57 PM   #40
King Charming
Mouseketeer

Tues PM

I made the mistake of lying down at 3:30 and lost an hour. I went outside to see we had done a 180 in the bay and were headed out. DW said the Legend left half hour ago. The NCL ship on our other side followed us out as I watched GC shrink away.

Tonight we are in AP for the show. Contrary to what has been widely reported, Mickey's head does NOT explode, although most of the other stuff was true. The disappearing walls was a neat trick when you looked across the room, and having Mickey around is always fun. Our rotation was PLAAPLA with the show only on the second night.

Around 9 I headed up to deck 9 to smoke one of my new cigars. I also brought along my rolling cooler full of beer as I intended to camp out a while. Our mini-navigators (delivered w/ the lanyards) had all the latest updates and listed the gathering as yet another potential meeting place. A couple of guys showed up for a while, and several more DIS'ers stopped by to say hello. The evening treats served at the Cove Cafe were alot less impressive this time, as only grapes and cheese were available.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:37 AM   #41
Hypermommy
Dreams of being a local on Castaway Cay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
Off cruise topic, though I must have you and your wife's opinion on something...when you decided to move did you already know the neighborhood you wanted to move to? Or did you just take a chance when house-hunting?
Like KC said, the job is in the NE suburbs of Orlando, so we kept our search on the NE side of town and some on the E/SE. I moved down in September (yeah, before the cruise... remember that our move-in day was 3 days before the cruise ) and quickly found that many rentals do not list in the paper. The only way to find them is to drive around. So I got out on the road with a good audiobook and spent several evenings just driving around. Ended up not actually finding this place until KC came down to help me hunt. Hope that helps.... you moving down???

Quote:
The evening treats served at the Cove Cafe were alot less impressive this time, as only grapes and cheese were available.
I guess the recession is hitting everyone, huh?

Okay, so let me see if I can get caught up a bit. As I left off, it was Sunday night and EM#2 "forgot" what time it was and freaked me out! Well, Monday morning being a sea day there was no need to wake anyone up. I had a leisurely morning drinking coffee and trying to get the fish extender stuff done (nope,.... finishing the goodies that we were distributing was one of the things that just didn't get done before we left).

After the guys got up, the kids went to the Stack and did whatever kids do there and KC and I went bumming around. As he mentioned we saw the ship's tour on the Ariel TV. That was cool!!! We were supposed to meet some folks from our cruise thread at the Cove Cafe but it turned out he was sick, poor thing. Never did get to meet ya Kevin. Bummer!

But then we headed back to the room. We met the kids there and finished the fish extender stuff. It was a lot of fun just hanging out with the family while we got this done. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

That night was formal night and we didn't bring any formal stuff. Now I know that everyone says we could have gone to the dining room anyway, but I just didn't feel right about that. I remember last year dressing to the 9s for formal night and it being my totally be a princess night. I figured us in non-formal clothes might spoil it for someone else. There's so many other places to get food that we could afford to miss one night and not even feel it. Well, almost not feel it. We had our dinner at Topsiders. The steak was EXCELLENT but it took quite a while to get our food.

After dinner we cut the kids loose and KC and I went to see the ventriloquist. He had some funny bits. I thoroughly enjoyed him making the tennis ball come to life. But then he went downhill after that. No problems.... we just left. There's plenty else to do ;-).

And the kids were on time tonight. Whew!

KC pretty well covered what we did at Grand Cayman. Not much except the search for Pepsi. It was kind of fun seeing the non-touristy areas of the place. Sad too, though. A few blocks away from the port everything starts looking rundown and seedy. It's quite a shame.

That night while KC did his cigar night thing I went to the Promenade Lounge and played music trivia. It was a lot of fun but I didn't do near as well as I thought I would. I figured I'd do pretty good because I listen to a lot of Disney music on i'net streams. But there was a team of young adults that just out and out KNEW their stuff. That's okay... I had more fun on the team I was on. The little 4yo girl on my team was just adorable!

Okay, now that I'm sort of caught up, time for some pictures, eh?

Snoozing boys... since they weren't going ashore at Grand Cayman there's no need to wake them.

Welcome to Grand Cayman

Some of their areas down by the port are just beautiful

The post office

A pretty spot we passed in our quest for Pepsi

Away from the port areas look more like this

KC in the cigar shop

Didn't go in but just loved the way the sign looked with the beautiful sky behind it

She sure is a beauty isn't she?
Hypermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:41 AM   #42
Kay1
Check out Ricki's hidden Mickey!
The only tricky part is judging when the actual boiling begins

Just now tuning in. Your report is fantastic and those sunset pictures are amazing.

Thanks so much!

Old 02-05-2010, 10:54 PM   #43
King Charming
Mouseketeer

To V or not to V

I think the only valid comparisons come from folks who cruise both ways. I therefore feel qualified to babble on about it. With the V you get privacy and convenience, and maybe a bigger room. If you go to deck nine like I did the other time as a substitute, you get 2 minutes of exercise getting there, the same view (actually a choice of views), and the opportunity to meet new friends. About the only time it would make a BIG difference would be getting stuck in the room for illness, mobility issues, or a place to wait while children napped. While both cat 10's and 4's have nice decors, I didn't get on a boat to watch TV. Seeing other ships, passing islands, or just the horizon, I want to be outside seeing the stuff I can't see anywhere else. But you can see all these things from both places, so...

Was the V enjoyable? Oh very! and convenient too. Was it worth the extra money? Well, sorta. I know I will never be in a larger cruise ship room, on any line, and the privacy was nice. I can say been there, done that, and have something to brag about. Will I ever pay for another one? No. Aside from the fact that it will be years before we sail again, I sure could have used the extra $1K (GTY 6 v GTY 9) on stuff we missed. That kind of dough buys alot of Bingo, Shutters, and spa time PLUS a few tables at Palo's. While you could see alot being on the upper decks, it's almost the same view as deck 9. I'm a value kind of guy, and after hanging out on deck 9 for a week (Apr 08) and this week, deck nine wins.

I think it all boils down to privacy verses value. Convenience doesn't even enter the equation because I refuse to believe folks wouldn't walk an extra few minutes several times a day to save that much money. And here's the value question you should ask yourself to help you decide. If you used the money you would have spent on a V by getting a lower cat and an OBC that equals the difference, would you change your mind? If, after a couple of weeks, you can't think up stuff you could do, but MIGHT not otherwise using the OBC, go ahead and get the V.

And while I'm on the topic of room location, I want to weigh in on which side of the ship is best. We stayed in 8588, on the good side, er, right side of the ship. I thought it was the better side for the following reasons. When we first got there, we could see our car in the parking lot, the terminal, the drawbridge, yep, everything! The other side got the refueling barge. We waved to the gloved hands from the V as we sailed off. When we backed in to CC (both times), we could see the island, family beach, the excursion boats and jet skis go by. The other side saw pier construction. Grand Cayman was a wash, as both side saw the same thing pretty much. At Cozumel we again backed in and our side could see the island and pier, the other side saw a cruise ship parked 35 feet away.

What I can't include on this list is the fireworks they shoot off our side of the boat. I'm not sure if it was our location of being high and towards the rear, or what the rule is, but we were asked NOT to watch the show from the V for safety concerns. (Or was it just Mickey pulling my leg?) According to DS 14, who was on restriction that evening, a CM stopped by to check.

The very best part was that our room was only 25 seconds away from Topsiders, or 30 seconds to the drink station (not using the elevator). I highly recommend this room, the ones near it, or a room near the elevators on any deck. Your fish hanger and door magnets will help you find your room. I hope this helps.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:44 AM   #44
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermommy View Post
Like KC said, the job is in the NE suburbs of Orlando, so we kept our search on the NE side of town and some on the E/SE. I moved down in September (yeah, before the cruise... remember that our move-in day was 3 days before the cruise ) and quickly found that many rentals do not list in the paper. The only way to find them is to drive around. So I got out on the road with a good audiobook and spent several evenings just driving around. Ended up not actually finding this place until KC came down to help me hunt. Hope that helps.... you moving down???

Yes, we are.
We are juggling two scenarios. 1 - townhouse in Orlando area that we rent out most of the year (vacation rentals) but stay in for about a month of the year ourselves. 2 - pick up and completely move to the Vero area. We're coming down in May sans kids to start looking around. Hopefully that'll help us decide our next move in this crazy plan. We've been talking about getting out of the northeast for some time now and are ready to do something about it.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:54 PM   #45
CastawayTink
CastawayTink

Smile January 2005 WDW and Eastern Cruise

We are planning a Disney Cruise in April of 2011 on the Wonder to the Mexican Riviera and that has me thinking of my last trip. It was our first cruise and just had to be Disney!
We went on the Eastern Caribbean Cruise in January 2005 and LOVED it!!! We had planned to spend 7 nights at WDW and 7 nights on the Disney Cruise. It was a big trip for us for several reasons. We were going to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, it’s now 30 years and still counting. We fell in love at Disneyland and felt it the best way to celebrate! Also we had never taken a trip this big nor had I ever been out of the country. The trip was full of firsts!
When my parents heard about the trip they decided to join us. They quickly decided that the entire family should come and they paid for everyone to go! 15 people in all with 12 family members and 3 tag along friends.
We stayed at the Port Orleans French Quarter at WDW and had a wonderful time. Lots of good memories were made there. The staff at the hotel was wonderful taking care of a missing power cord for my husband’s C-PAP machine. The power cord got left at home and my husband needed it badly. The head of maintenance tried to find a power cord that would work and when he could not he took my husband all over Orlando looking for a cord. It was amazing the way they made sure he had what he needed!
My parents are handicapped and needed lots of extra attention. The Cast members at the hotel and in the parks made sure they were taken care of. They felt so special there.
On the cruise they were quick to get an extension cord so my husband could plug in his C-PAP when he slept. Our daughter, who was 10 at the time, was made to feel safe on the ship. She felt like she could wonder the ship and if she needed us she could page us. Anything my parents needed was quickly attended too.
All the shows were wonderful and we wished we could have seen them all several times! Next time we will go to manatee show and then go again in the evening! The food was wonderful and our server, Raman, was great and made us all feel special. The rotational dining was fun and kept things very exciting and interesting. We enjoyed just walking around the ship. It is beautiful and romantic.
St. Martian was drab. We wished we had stayed on the ship! We took the 2 flags tour and the Dutch side of the island was poor but clean. The French side was dirty. They took us to the “Big Mall” on the French side. It was nothing more than a flea mart! Not much fun and I don’t suggest it. Maybe another excursion would have been better.
St Thomas was beautiful! We did not stay there long enough! We had a short time to walk around a few blocks away from the port but loved the feel of the island.
Castaway Cay was the best part of the trip!!! We thought we would snorkel for an hour or so and then explore rest of the island. We had so much fun snorkeling in the family area we hardly got out of the water the entire day!! When we first started snorkeling our daughter was scared to death of the fish! She had a panic attack and climbed onto her dad’s back! That did not last too long as she found too many fun things to look at and realized the fish were not going to hurt her. About the only time we were out of the water was to go to the BBQ for lunch. Even my parents had fun exploring the island on their electric scooters.
We were sad when the trip finally ended and wished we could steal some Pixie Dust from Tinker Bell so we could stay on the ship forever!
CastawayTink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: