Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2010, 11:41 AM   #91
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Woohoo! More great updates! I'm so glad to hear that you and Sean had such a good day at DTD! And I have to say that I'm shocked that this was your 1st time trying EOS!! Wow...it is good isn't it?! I can't wait to hear more about MK!!
Old 01-11-2010, 01:20 PM   #92
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Osprey Ridge Golf

While Sean and I were having a great day, Pods and T&T were having a wonderful time themselves! Our original plan was that they would play 9 holes at Oak Trail, the 9 hole walking course. But, that course, along with the Magnolia and Palm courses, was closed because of a huge tournament that would be taking place after our stay.(The Children's Miracle Network, i think?) That left LBV and Osprey Ridge. Since Pods & I had absolutely LOVED playing OR, with its abundant wildlife and far-away feel, back in October, we chose that course for the boys. And.....they loved it!! Even better, they got to play 18 holes instead of 9, which all worked out very well. The three were allowed to ride in one cart, with the two smaller bags and DH's regular one. Pods says they had a beautiful day out on a beautiful course. Here are a few of the pics DH took of our young golfers-

You can see the Four Seasons "construction" on this hole-

Both boys have very powerful swings, they are a lot of fun to watch.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #93
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

OH fantastic updates Ellen! I'm with Sean, McD's french fries are so delicious! It sounds like everyone had a great day!

OT - I started my NEW Pre-TR! Link is in my sig!
Old 01-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #94
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
OH fantastic updates Ellen! I'm with Sean, McD's french fries are so delicious! It sounds like everyone had a great day!

OT - I started my NEW Pre-TR! Link is in my sig!
I went right over and subbed! We're going to Jellyrolls on our last night in May- I've never been- so I'll let you know how it goes!

And I have to say....McD's ffs are the best!
Old 01-11-2010, 05:11 PM   #95
MEK
DIS Veteran

Wow.....that was the mother of all updates today. Good job. I love EOS and, you're right, that line really moves. I hope I get to eat there in May cause they have some yummy sandwiches.

Sorry to see you leave Kidani so soon. Your view was beautiful.

I hear ya on the packing and unpacking. In June I had a terrible time packing up and moving from Kidani to CSR. It just seemed like everything had multiplied 10X over, plus we had food to get rid of. Then after we got home we left 4 nights later to go to Niagara Falls. I was hoping to never see another suitcase after that!

It looks like the boys had a great time golfing at Osprey Ridge. I am still blown away by how beautiful that course is.

Really looking forward to hearing about HRH and Universal.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #96
WannaBeADisMom
WDW...it's my "happy place"....

Hey Ellen, I'm sitting here, post-Bunco, reading your post about your time at DTD with Sean. I'm SO happy that you had such a great day together. He looks really, really happy! Can't wait to read about your time in MK. It sounds like you and Pods both spent some really amazing quality time with all your boys that day.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:24 AM   #97
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Woohoo! More great updates! I'm so glad to hear that you and Sean had such a good day at DTD! And I have to say that I'm shocked that this was your 1st time trying EOS!! Wow...it is good isn't it?! I can't wait to hear more about MK!!
I know...can you believe it took me so long to become obsessed with their sandwiches like everyone else is around here?? There are probably a couple of reasons why....I usually prefer TS over CS, and I had not been near DTD for years until I started on these boards and went on my first DVC trip in June 08. When I ate at RR and Fultons. But I really loved it!! I will most definitely be checking out their offereings on all my visits from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wow.....that was the mother of all updates today. Good job. I love EOS and, you're right, that line really moves. I hope I get to eat there in May cause they have some yummy sandwiches.

Sorry to see you leave Kidani so soon. Your view was beautiful.

I hear ya on the packing and unpacking. In June I had a terrible time packing up and moving from Kidani to CSR. It just seemed like everything had multiplied 10X over, plus we had food to get rid of. Then after we got home we left 4 nights later to go to Niagara Falls. I was hoping to never see another suitcase after that!

It looks like the boys had a great time golfing at Osprey Ridge. I am still blown away by how beautiful that course is.

Really looking forward to hearing about HRH and Universal.
Hi ME! I was trying to get a bunch out yesterday, I guess that was alot of updates!! Well, I leave for STJ soon so I'm trying to do alot before I go...

I'll be on to Universal soon...but I HATED leaving the bubble- even though HRH was very nice, it's not the same for me, we all know where my heart is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeADisMom View Post
Hey Ellen, I'm sitting here, post-Bunco, reading your post about your time at DTD with Sean. I'm SO happy that you had such a great day together. He looks really, really happy! Can't wait to read about your time in MK. It sounds like you and Pods both spent some really amazing quality time with all your boys that day.
Hi Joan! I'm always so happy when you post! It was a really excellent day...which was very good, because the night was HORRIBLE!!! But I'm not there yet....

I still can't get over that lucky chair at Bunco last night- every single person who sat in it rolled bunco, and Lynn THREE TIMES???? It must be the nexxus of the universe, that chair! Jackie is CRAZY if she doesn't march her butt and her chair into the 7-11 to buy lottery tickets...or at the very least, buy an armload of scratch offs and sit there in the chair at her coffee table and start scratchin' for cash!! Too funny!!
Old 01-12-2010, 08:44 AM   #98
mom2shayleeandlogan
Mouseketeer

It's always nice to hang out with one of your children. It looks like you and Sean had a wonderful afternoon!

Old 01-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #99
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

What a great morning with Sean. Cant wait to hear about the rest of the day at MK.

EOS is hands down my favorite CS restaurant at Disney. Well probably anywhere for that matter. It's a must do every trip for us. Welcome to the EOS fanclub!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #100
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2shayleeandlogan View Post
It's always nice to hang out with one of your children. It looks like you and Sean had a wonderful afternoon!
One on one time is REALLY a beautiful thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
What a great morning with Sean. Cant wait to hear about the rest of the day at MK.

EOS is hands down my favorite CS restaurant at Disney. Well probably anywhere for that matter. It's a must do every trip for us. Welcome to the EOS fanclub!
Thanks for the welcome- I think Pods is a fan, too- just based on the fact he loves that I actually really LOVE a meal that costs $6!!
Old 01-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #101
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

So Sweet - "you've got a friend in me!"

And I was so happy to see that he STILL loves Buzz. We went inside, where Sean played with the Mr Potato Head computer-

Looks like the friend next to him is wearing a matching shirt

Where he was an absolutely perfect window shopper- about a million times better than any of the other men in the family would be!!

So great you found a shopping partner!

I'm so happy you and Sean had such a good time in DTD! He is doing so well! It's good that the other boys had fun too.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #102
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great Updates Ellen !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 01-13-2010, 08:47 AM   #103
podsnel

We're walkin' right down the middle of Main St USA....

Sean and I walked over to the MK from the Contemporary bus stop and within minutes we were "walkin right down the middle of main st usa"...anyone else have this video tape? Sean has been watching the Disneyland Fun tape since he was 2, so whenever we enter the MK that song plays in my head... Anywho....I asked him to stop for pictures at least 20 times- and can I just tell you, that once again, he proved himself to be the BEST man in the family for the job (the rest of them would have been complaining after photo number 2!). Notice the Christmas garland? It must have been a busy night- as it was not there the night before-

We snagged a Photopass photographer, who took a picture of the 3 of us! (Hey- who's THAT guy???)-

I just remembered! I forgot to mention- my birthday is at the end of November, so upon Check-in at Kidani, I was presented with a birthday button. I LOVE the birthday button! CMs and characters EVERYWHERE made me feel extra special this entire vacation, wishing me "Happy Birthday". Which is kind of a big thing for me....because my birthday is right after Thanksgiving, most people usually forget about it. Never have I EVER been greeted with Happy Birthday SO MUCH (although this year on my actual BD on FB was a close second. ). Birthday buttons ROCK!

We were headed to Tomorrowland, and our usual first stop at Buzz (especially when the TEA cups are still being refurbed)

Do you notice how Sean is always holding something? We call these his friends- Blue from Blue's Clues, Thumper, and a book (which on other trips has been Green Eggs and Ham, but on this trip was PB Bear's Birthday Party). Well I said, "Sean- let's take another picture with your friends" and he pulled everything (or everyone) out of the backpack and started walking around with all 3. It was pretty funny (the big book makes this a bit cumbersome!).

Our Buzz Cheating Pic-

And one we actually bought of us from 2 years ago-

I asked him if he would go on the COP with me (yes, I am one of the ones who loves this ride because it is so nostalgic!) and he flat-out REFUSED!! I even asked him TWICE just to be sure, but the answer was still no. What about the TTA (which I still call the WEDway People Mover)- sure! He charged right up that ramp!

Over the TS-

Into SM-

Back over TS-

Oh, and in case you're wondering, the new "voice from above" STINKS!!! I hate this new guy- he doesn't sound SPECIAL!!!! He doesn't say anything FUN!!! May as well be on NJ Transit! BRING BACK THE OLD VOICE, WDW!!!!

Next up, we went to the TS- all kids love, love, love this ride, and Sean is no different-

After that, it was over to Toontown- we wanted to see the "houses" again before they're taken down.

Which leads me to a big part of our day that I forgot to mention. It occured to me in the morning that Sean would eventually need to "use the facilities" during the course of the day...and I would, too. How were we going to manage that? Sean can go into the bathroom by himself at home or at school, but in a public place? I just don't think it's a good idea for him. Fortunately, although I had never noticed (or needed) them before, there are companion bathrooms located all over the parks- they were in DTD, and they were here, in MK. Thanks, Disney, for once again making our vacation just a little less stressful, and just a LOT more enjoyable!

Cont'd next post-

Old 01-13-2010, 09:43 AM   #104
podsnel

More MK with my Sean

We entered minnie's house, and for the first time EVER we actually looked around and touched stuff (the other MEN like to get through here as fast as possible, if they come in at ALL). Sean liked the livingroom, and had a seat on the couch-

In the kitchen, he spotted her calendar- Sean is a big lover of calendars. He actually has some savant abilities, and one of those is an extraordinary ability to remember dates and the days they fall on. As in, if I ask him what day of the week I was born on in 1962, he will think a minute and say Thursday- which is absolutely correct! He can do this into the future as well, although there's a cutoff point where he refuses somewhere after 100 years. So when he sees a calendar, he always needs to stop and have a look!

Then we went over to see Mickey's-

This reminds me of Big Murgie's Den in HHI (even though there's a pool table in BMD's, not ping-pong)-

I thought we might go say hi to some characters, but even Sean has his limits, as you can see in this pic he was not all that jazzed about anymore of this-

I think we started to leave the park, but the parade was going on, and by the time we got to Main St, Sean was feeling better ( not that he was having a tantrum, or anything close to it, I think I was just being cautious), so we turned around and once again we were headed right down the middle (sort of) of Main St USA.

We spotted Jesse and Woody, and kind of walked along, keeping pace with them-

And then my favorite princess, Cindy. Although I wish they would go the other way- a photo of them in front of the castle that shows their faces and not backs would be much, much nicer-

Through the castle and into Fantasyland, where we rode on Winnie the Pooh and PP- he refused to go on SWSA, CGC, MP (I was really bummed about that one!) and, most emphatically, he did NOT want to ride on IASW!!! So, we walked over to Frontierland, and saw the new Princess and her show, which was REALLY, REALLY good-

Then Sean made a beeline for SM- not to ride it, but to watch it!! I guess he is so used to standing there waiting for his brothers and father to come down the mountain that he thinks it's a MUST-DO on every visit- even when they're not there!

Walking on towards Adventureland, we stopped at the Outpost for a much desired ff snack-

I decided I'd like something too....something I had read about....something I had never tried before....a dole whip! It took me a little while to figure out where to go for it, but once I found it....I was in heaven!

Hey dole whip...where you been all my life??

While all this was going on, Pods called to say, "Where are you guys???" They had finished up golfing, got the rental car, and were waiting impatiently at Kidani for us. "What should we do? Where should we wait? How do I blow my nose?" Well, ok, maybe not that last one, but he was pretty much clueless as to what he should do without me...isn't it nice to be sooo needed? I told him where to go .....
and that Sean and I were on our way to the bus. I guess we were having so much fun together enjoying the park that I let time slip away....that's ok- there's not enough of that in anyone's life.

Back at Kidani, we got the luggage from BS, threw it into the minivan, took one last look around....

I always love a good hole with a couple of trees through it!

And said bye-bye to Kidani and WDW for the next 48 hours....

Up next..."Come to the DARK SIDE, Luke....."

Old 01-13-2010, 09:51 AM   #105
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I'm so happy you and Sean had such a good time in DTD! He is doing so well! It's good that the other boys had fun too.

Thanks Tammie!! It was all going along so well at WDW....but there's a meltdown on the horizon....

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great Updates Ellen !!!
Thanks Rosie!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: