Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2010, 03:42 PM   #46
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Oh so cute! I'm sure the boys were glad, in the long run, that you woke them up. They probably would have been pissed if they missed it!

Can't wait to hear where you went on Day 2!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #47
MEK
DIS Veteran

Two more stellar updates. I love you old photos, so please keep scanning them in! I will admit, that's a bit too much leg there on Pods, but that was the style back in the ! We were just watching some old basketball games where the uniform shorts were about that length with the strip down the side. Crazy! That's one style I hope never returns! HAHA!

Dinner at the Biergarten is a lot of fun! And the beer flight looks yummy - all those different colors of beer. Yum!

I'm glad Pods was able to get the boys up to see the end of the game. But poor Pods - sleeping on the couch! I hope he gets his bed back!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2010, 09:46 PM   #48
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Ellen Iam here !!! I need to go to work NOW so ill catch up later !!
Hi Rosie! Thanks for stopping by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Oh so cute! I'm sure the boys were glad, in the long run, that you woke them up. They probably would have been pissed if they missed it!

Can't wait to hear where you went on Day 2!
Yes, they were glad. They were really trying to wake up- they just couldn't do it! Finally, thankfully though they rallied. They would have been BEYOND pissed if they would have missed it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Two more stellar updates. I love you old photos, so please keep scanning them in! I will admit, that's a bit too much leg there on Pods, but that was the style back in the ! We were just watching some old basketball games where the uniform shorts were about that length with the strip down the side. Crazy! That's one style I hope never returns! HAHA!

Dinner at the Biergarten is a lot of fun! And the beer flight looks yummy - all those different colors of beer. Yum!

I'm glad Pods was able to get the boys up to see the end of the game. But poor Pods - sleeping on the couch! I hope he gets his bed back!
I am posting this TR on the DVC board, too, and one of my friends there made the comment that her Dh used to wear those short shorts but with knee high white socks. SOOOOO funny! I will keep posting the old pics, I am LOVING my new scanner almost as much as you love your new camera!!

I liked all the beer in the flight EXCEPT for the wheat beer- but that's just me, I think I just am not a wheat beer fan. It was a good time there- and I really enjoyed talking to our table mates- even though most of them spoke no English! Food & beer- the universal language!

You'll have to wait and see where Pods sleeps next- maybe I should have called the TR "Which pull out will Pods get tonight?"
Old 01-03-2010, 09:51 PM   #49
podsnel

Some old Scrapbook pages...

Here are some old scrapbook pages from that first trip with Sean & Tyler. Hope you like them!

Awwww......
Old 01-04-2010, 01:19 AM   #50
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

All caught up Ellen !!! I loved the Club Cool pix !!! Biergarten was very good when I went last year !!I definately wanna do it again !!! I am a fan of German food !
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 01-04-2010, 08:08 AM   #51
podsnel

EE inthe FRONT row!!

On Thursday morning, we were going to head to DAK for some fun. The regular bus stop was getting a lid the whole time we were there, so we just had the very quick walk out front under the Port Cochere. So yesterday, we couldn't get a MK bus, and this morning, we waited forever for an AK bus. I think we were just getting to the bus stop right after the last bus had come, either that or consistently picking the wrong park! If we had been heading to AK yesterday and MK today, I would be writing that the bus service is FABULOUS!! Ah well, such is the life of the WDW bus system- you either hit it or you don't. I'm just glad that AKV doesn't share with a bunch of other resorts- dedicated buses are a GOOD THING!

Soon we were going for the quick ride to the park-

And in!

The first place we were headed was EE- we all love this ride, except Sean. Although he does enjoy watching it! I waited with him outside while the other 3 went first-

And when they came out, i rode with Tyler. Tim was being a little funny about riding again- which is how he is. Sometimes he wants every thrill, sometimes he wants IASW. Well, ok, he never wants IASW, but you get the idea. Tyler and I got up to the ride, and the CM asked, "Do you want to ride in the front row?" I've never done THAT before, and neither had Tyler, so we were SO EXCITED!!! MEK, I was thinking of you the entire time- your DH did a great job taking all those pics- after a certain point, I was having too much fun to take out the camera!! And, probably screaming too much as well! Anyway, here are a few that I did manage to take-

If you have never ridden EE in the front row, I have to say, it is a whole OTHER experience!! That drop looks a LOT bigger when there is noone between you and it! Just a really, really awesome/scary/fun ride- we are so LUCKY we got to do it.

I feel so bad my hand is covering that kid's face! Sorry kid!

After our big adreneline rush to kick off our day, we walked over to DinoLand to ride TS with Sean, one of the rides that was in the book and that he enjoys.

Then the others went on PW while we watched-

Those daredevils!

Everytime we watch them on this ride, Goofy comes out! He must wait for us to show up!

Then it was over to Dinosaur, where we saw the Photopass guy. This was with my camera, though- my pics just came out better here, and most all cases to be honest.

Notice the Yankees shirts? The day before, the parks were FILLED with Phillies fans- but not today! Not one Phillies shirt anywhere- guess all the Phillies fans went home Wednesday night! We went to ride Dinosaur, and as soon as we got to the front, they said they were having technical difficulties and gave us FPs for later. AGAIN! Just like TT! Oh well...the boys wanted to ride KRR, and Sean wanted some french fries, so we did that, Sean and I watching from the bridge while he enjoyed his snack.

They got a little wet, not too too bad-

It was time to head back to Kidani, anyway. Our first family trip as DVC members, and we were planning to try something new with the kids- called "Let's hang out and enjoy life at WDW." Would it work? You'll have to wait and see....

Old 01-04-2010, 08:27 AM   #52
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
All caught up Ellen !!! I loved the Club Cool pix !!! Biergarten was very good when I went last year !!I definately wanna do it again !!! I am a fan of German food !
Hi rosie! Club Cool is very funny- but I've run out of victims. I need some new unsuspecting recruits.... Guess I'll have to start hangin' out at Universal and draggin' people over!!
Old 01-04-2010, 01:52 PM   #53
mom2shayleeandlogan
Mouseketeer

Loved all the 80's pics, too funny! Great update, can't wait to read more

Old 01-05-2010, 07:33 AM   #54
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2shayleeandlogan View Post
Loved all the 80's pics, too funny! Great update, can't wait to read more
Thanks- I'll try to post more from the 80's later on- Pods had LOTS of short shorts all over WDW, it seems! Unfortunately, so did I...and worse, i also had a perm...
Old 01-05-2010, 08:25 AM   #55
MEK
DIS Veteran

Oh Ellen -

I love your update but I am pictureless again today at work. I promise to look at all the pretty pics tonight. Dang this restricted work computer!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-05-2010, 09:25 AM   #56
podsnel

Flying lessons at Sanaa

We were going to Sanaa for lunch. This would be my second visit here, and my family's first. I love this restaurant for so, so many reasons- the food is delicious and unique (I could live on that bread service), the restaurant itself is absolutely stunning, and where else in the world (and maybe not even just WDW, but THE world) can you dine and while enjoying zebras and giraffes right outside the restaurant? All of this adds up to a VERY one-of-a-kind dining experience. But why else do I love Sanaa? Flying lessons. They offer some wonderful wine flights!

The first thing I checked on when I got to the podium was the Sean/french fries situation. Sanaa has never served french fries to anyone. They can't- they don't have a fryer in the kitchen. So I wanted to be sure that dietary services had called the restaurant today and that we would still be able to eat here (as I had left a message for DS that morning telling them Biergarten didn't know anything about us coming last night and wanted to be sure the other restaurants would). Yes, they had been contacted! Excellent! This way to our table-

We ordered, including the fries- and the waiter, or someone, told us that he didn't know WHO we WERE, but that today the chef would be making FFs in Sanaa for the very first time- that the chef had come up with some way to cook them, as Sanaa does not have traditional cooking apparatus in their kitchen. WOW. They were doing all of this for our son- how AMAZING was that?? Sanaa is the BEST!!

Sean & I read "PB Bear" while we waited- in the way we always do, I read the words (he can read them, too, this is just what we do) and he "reads" the pictures (it is a rebus book, with pictures for some of the words).

The newish wine flight list-

I ordered the Richards Bay flight, because it came with 2 chenin blancs, and I love me some Chenin Blanc!-

I LOVE to fly!! Then the bread service came out- we had Naan, Onion Kulcha & Paneer Parantha with Coriander Chutney, Red pepper Hummus and Cucumber raita-

We tore into the breads. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....this is one of my favorite things to eat ever, anywhere. That chutney is soooo spicy and soooooooo delicious and those breads are so different....yummmmmmmmmmmmm!! DS12 decided to play some music on his phone, the "Chicken Song"- not the one you dance to, the one that's from Benny Hill. He thinks this song is HILARIOUS....and I was freaking out for him to shut it down....but he kept it really low and mostly was just acting stupid for his, timmy & Pods' amusement. And there was no one sitting anywhere near us, thank goodness.

The best behaved man in the family-

When the fries came out, we asked if we could thank the chef, so he came out to say hello and take a pic-

Love, love, LOVE Sanaa!! Love, love, LOVE Disney!!

Pods & I ordered the same thing- Slow cooked in Gravy, Shrimp with Green Curry Sauce and Short Ribs, I got them with Jasmine rice, he ordered the Five Grain Pilaf (which I told him not to order because it tastes like dirt. So then he told me this pilaf isn't very good- it tastes like dirt.). However, everything else is delicious, and we gobble up as much as we can, although clearly, after all that bread, we could have just shared one entree.

The thing about those shrimp- they are poached so perfectly in that curry...you know how when shrimp are cooked just right, and they snap! when you bite into them? That is what those shrimpies do. Ty & Tim had ordered pizza off of the kids menu-

which came with carrots and even MORE stupidity-

I focused on the friendly skies-

While Pods finished his African beer (sorry I forget which!). We enjoyed the OTHER animals that were outside-

Too bad we weren't at the window, but those are mostly tables of 4. We thanked our wonderful waiter, Christopher,

And then headed out. Cont'd next post-

Last edited by podsnel; 01-05-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #57
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

How awesome that Sanaa accomadated Sean soooooo well !!! Question does he eat anything else !! Cuz to me it sounds like perfect kid diet!!!!
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Old 01-05-2010, 09:57 AM   #58
podsnel

Hangin' at Kidani

As we left Sanaa, I took a few photos-

Time to go for a swim!! On the way back to our room to change-

Tim in the elevator-

Outside of the elevator-

Soon we were at the new pool- most important of all, would the slide at Kidani be better than the BORING snoozer slide over at Jambo?

What a relief, the boys agree, this slide is much, much better! I went for a walk-

And when i noticed the Maji bar had Tangerine Dreams, i ordered one to share with Pods- to me, this is the BEST frozen cocktail, it is not too sweet, and it tastes like a creamsicle. MMM!!

I was happy to see that animals could be seen from here, and the Red River Hogs, which had been in a cage being acclimated on my DISmom visit in the spring were now released and lovin' life. They are too cute!!

There was also a naturalist stationed there to answer questions. Nice! Back at the pool, the last round of bingo was going on while our boys swam, and Sean and Pods enjoyed the hot tub-

Then it was time for the usual, Sean doing laps around the perimeter of the pool and everywhere else in creation. Good thing I had my running flip-flops on!

When we left the pool, they were about to start some more games at the pool for the younger kids. Although I wouldn't trade my shoes for anyone else's, I am envious of those families who bought DVC with young ones and would be able to enjoy all this kid stuff together. We headed back to the resort, to go enjoy our savannah view-

Had a great 1st visit to Samawati Springs and Uwanja Camp, it is extremely well themed and lovely to look at, I'm sure we'll make loads of memories there in our life together.

Last edited by podsnel; 01-05-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #59
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Sean looks like he is having a BALL !!! Bless him !!
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 01-05-2010, 10:53 AM   #60
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Great update, Ellen! I loved your review of Sanaa. I have to say that it's not somewhere that I would normally try, but your review made it look very good. I am so glad that they were accomodating to Sean's needs...I know that makes all the difference in the world for you guys!
As always, can't wait to read more!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: