Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2009, 09:25 PM   #31
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

It's time for Club Cool!

Ahhhh...Club Cool...well known to DISers as the place you take people who AREN'T DISers to have a refreshing beverage called the Beverly. It never disappoints! Karajeboo's DD Ally did it to Pods back in September-

That photo never gets old- that's the second time I've posted it today!! Anyway, on this trip there was only one shot for some Club Cool fun, my DS12, Tyler. I have posted these on facebook, and my friends have actually said, "I can't believe you did that to your baby!!" I'd like to show you, first, the baby to which they are referring...on his first trip to WDW, at 5 1/2 mos old (Sean was 3 1/2)-

His first Character meet- looks like I enjoyed torturing the little guy at an early age!!

First time at Stormalong Bay with Daddy-

At his first MK parade-

And at LTT with a certain Mouse who wanted to take him home with her!

Aren't baby boys great?? Ohh...I hate that they grow so fast. Except, it is nice that you can do so many fun things with them as they grow- like take them to Club Cool for a refreshing sodie-pop!! It's fun for the whole family!

Look kids!! It's Coca Cola from around the world!! Let's go Italian today!

What THE????

Well, looks like Club Cool is NOT fun for the WHOLE family!! After we all caught our breath from laughing so hard, we walked back across the park to go on TT...

Which was STILL having technical difficulties! Oh no! But Sean was still happy, so the other boys went to ride MS while Sean & I waited outside, Sean once again having the joy of running amuck in Epcot-

THIS- the allowing him space in places that weren't super crowded. and being able to let him burn off energy- THIS is one of the things that made this trip a success for Sean. When the boys came out of MS, it was time for us to head over to the Biergarten for dinner. But first, a quick stop to cool off-

I guess my boys can never pass up an opportunity to get wet! Next up- A FINE dinner in Germany! WITH french fries!!
Old 01-01-2010, 09:37 PM   #32
MEK
DIS Veteran

Great Christmas Card! I love that - its perfect!

I also love that you posted some of your older photos. It's so fun to see the teenage/pre teen boys when they were babies. ahhhhhhh!

Sounds like the evening is still going really well in Epcot!

Ewwwwww - the beverly! I have to tell you that Denny actually likes it. When I saw him drinking he said, "what? What's wrong with it?" I got a good laugh out of that!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #33
gellybean
DIS Veteran

Great update!!!

It is sad how fast little boys grow up but if those shots of your DS12 are any indication, I'd say there is a LOT of fun coming up !

The expressions on his face were hilarious!

So glad you guys figured out a way to get Sean back to Disney and to get your group shot all in your tie dyes!!

Read all about our special needs, miracle daughter Violet @ http://youjustmightfindyougetwhatyouneed.blogspot.com/

September 2012 PTR - I actually just squealed with excitement!! We are going back! Baby girl's 1st trip!! Nemo Suite at AoA

Last edited by gellybean; 01-02-2010 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Because I can't type.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:24 PM   #34
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Loving your tr. That is SO wonderful that Sean had so many successes this trip.

My granddaughter has autism (along with a million other things) and I think her difficuties have taught me a new appreciation for the "little things" that we so called 'normal' people take for granted. You're doing a great job!
you sound like a great grandma, Lindababe!!! I think YOU are doing a great job! And thanks so much for reading along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Great Christmas Card! I love that - its perfect!

I also love that you posted some of your older photos. It's so fun to see the teenage/pre teen boys when they were babies. ahhhhhhh!

Sounds like the evening is still going really well in Epcot!

Ewwwwww - the beverly! I have to tell you that Denny actually likes it. When I saw him drinking he said, "what? What's wrong with it?" I got a good laugh out of that!
Thanks about the card- I'm really glad that you liked the old photos- as I said (SOMEWHERE....I'm losing track!) I didn't want to bore anyone...but...now that I have the scanner, all bets are off!! Really, I'm glad you could appreciate them as a Mom of always-growing-neverending-boys...

And...I am OK with the bev- I kind of thought Ty would maybe like it....OOOPS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gellybean View Post
Great update!!!

It is sad how fast little boys grow up but if those shots of your DD12 are any indication, I'd say there is a LOT of fun coming up !

The expressions on his face were hilarious!

So glad you guys figured out a way to get Sean back to Disney and to get your group shot all in your tie dyes!!

Hi there, gellybean!

My DS12 is TOO much fun!!! He is a class clown kind of a guy- and i want to smush him with love and kisses every single second, much to his chagrin! He IS making the best of it, though!

And yea- it was the best thing EVER that Sean came with us to Disney- it's the best place for our family to vacation in, there is no doubt!!
Old 01-02-2010, 06:18 AM   #35
areck
Earning My Ears

You are too funny with the pics of Tyler. Excellent shots. Did he ever question why you were so "camera ready"? My 12 year old son would not have taken it as well, but it won't stop me from trying. It's those moments when we realize we did not have kids just to take care of them.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #36
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by areck View Post
You are too funny with the pics of Tyler. Excellent shots. Did he ever question why you were so "camera ready"? My 12 year old son would not have taken it as well, but it won't stop me from trying. It's those moments when we realize we did not have kids just to take care of them.

Very well put! No, he really didn't ask about the camera in his face- he's used to me being all snap-happy all the time, so it must not have occured to him. I'm thinking he'll be more careful in the future, though, if that situation comes up again!
Old 01-02-2010, 11:16 AM   #37
podsnel

A night in Germany- dinner at Biergarten

We took the boat over to the other side of WS (at my DH's request- we went on that boat the first time in September, and now I wonder if I'll ever get him or my kids to hoof-it again). The last time DH & I ate at Biergarten was waaaaaaaaaaayyyy back in 1985 when Pods brought me to WDW as a kind of a graduation present from college, I guess. I had never been before, and he thought that that was something that needed to be taken care of. ANyway, in case you were wondering, we ordered off of a menu and had a plate of what looked like baloney for $6.95! Here are some pics from the last time we were there, and from the EPCOT CENTER booklet- kind of cool to see, I just found this album this morning!

Who wears short-shorts? Pods wears short shorts!

Well, things have really changed in 24 years at WDW, huh? So in 2009, we walked up to the podium and got on line with all the others waiting to be seated for their ADRs. I asked if they had gotten notice that we had a member of our party who would need french fries for dinner. Nope. They knew nothing, it had not been noted anywhere. This always happens, but usually we can get it straightened out. See, there is a # you can call prior to vacation for WDW dietary services if you have an allergy or a special diet- in our case, the special diet requires Sean eating french fries at restaurants that don't really serve them. I also filled out a form they had emailed to me. Although they always assure me that all the restaurants have french fries, they are wrong as all the restaurant employees will tell you. But the woman at the podium was so nice, she got the MGR. for us, who was also SO nice, and said it was not a problem, that they would send someone next door to the US restaurant to get Sean some fries. We waited outside, and Sean was getting a little tired. So he did what he has always done when he's tired at WDW-

"Say Daddy- Pick me up!"

Which was not really a problem, until now! Sean's gotten a little bit too big for being carried around by Daddy!! So they sat on a bench-

Before long, we were sitting for the buffet. It was really, really good!! AND the entertainment was excellent, all of us thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It is so pretty in there- really does feel like you're in a little German village during Octoberfest. We were very anxious to go here because there is alot of German in our family's heritage, so it was great for the kids to experience.

Pods & I ordered the beer sampler- LOVED this!!! The group of 3 who were seated with us were chefs from Mexico- they liked the looks of ours, so they got one, too!

Timmy was bopping to the music the whole night-

I think we were in the same seats we had in 1985! How crazy is that? Here's the 2009 pic-

Here's 1985, if you can make it out-

Timmy having a grand old time-

I asked, but no one was willing to go up and dance the polka with me- which is pretty surprising from Timmy, because he is usually into that stuff. I think the troops were getting really tired.

This was a great first night, even Pods said so! I think it will have to become a tradition for us. So, we finished up, and we did what i have learned is the ONLY way to shop in WDW with my family. Send them back to the room, while I stay and spend some $$ by myself!! I needed to get a gift for Pods' Aunt Irma who we would be visiting later in the week, and I thought something from Germany would be nice-

Ummm... no, not that nice (I got her a cute cow bell to hang on her door). Then over to Japan for a Bonsai tree I had scoped out for her on our trip in Sept. On the way, I got to enjoy Billy Ocean performing "Caribbean Queen".

Then back to Kidani for....the last game of THE WORLD SERIES!!! But would we be able to stay up for it????

Old 01-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #38
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

MMM, love that beer flight! I had one of those on our honeymoon...followed by a large Optimator (the darkest one on the flight) which then was followed by silly World Showcase pictures, if you remember!

Sounds like you all had a GREAT day!
Old 01-02-2010, 11:48 AM   #39
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
So, that we are all wearing the tshirts together, in WDW, and the tshirts were made with only a glimmer of hope, and the hope became reality that day- well, it really was just very, very meaningful. Happy New Year, everyone-
What a great story! Happy New Year!

Quote:
Bad mommy!

Quote:
Who wears short-shorts? Pods wears short shorts!
Does he know you posted this?

Quote:
I think we were in the same seats we had in 1985! How crazy is that? Here's the 2009 pic-

Here's 1985, if you can make it out-
It really does look like you're in the same seat! Crazy!

I really enjoyed this update!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 01-02-2010, 12:20 PM   #40
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
MMM, love that beer flight! I had one of those on our honeymoon...followed by a large Optimator (the darkest one on the flight) which then was followed by silly World Showcase pictures, if you remember!

Sounds like you all had a GREAT day!
Oh yea...I DEFINITELY remember that day of your honeymoon TR...like I was there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
What a great story! Happy New Year!

Bad mommy!

Does he know you posted this?

It really does look like you're in the same seat! Crazy!

I really enjoyed this update!
Happy New Year to you, too!! And yes, he knows i posted the pic- we were laughing at it this morning when I scanned it in. We figure it was the 80's- everyone was looking stupid!!
Old 01-02-2010, 01:51 PM   #41
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

Only a few pages in and you've already brought tears to my eyes and made me laugh. I can't even tell you how happy I am for you that everything went fairly smooth with Sean.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #42
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
Only a few pages in and you've already brought tears to my eyes and made me laugh. I can't even tell you how happy I am for you that everything went fairly smooth with Sean.
Myst! I've MYST you!! (I think there's a lack of sufficient oxygen in my house, because I actually find that somewhat amusing). Thanks for being happy for us- I loved texting back and forth while we were at WDW! We still need that make-up lunch, though!!
Old 01-02-2010, 07:13 PM   #43
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

Quote:
Myst! I've MYST you!! (I think there's a lack of sufficient oxygen in my house, because I actually find that somewhat amusing). Thanks for being happy for us- I loved texting back and forth while we were at WDW! We still need that make-up lunch, though!!
Myst you too! No lack of oxygen here and I still find it amusing. Sent you a pm about lunch.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:46 AM   #44
podsnel

The yankees win the world series!!!!!!

Back at Kidani, the boys were all in front of the TV to watch the last game of the World Series. Now, we are BIG Yankees fans in my house, so this was a night we had been waiting for for a long time (being that as soon as my kids were old enough to follow a team, the Yankees had not made it near this series!). Only difference with tonight's game...was that today we had all woken up and been out the front door at 6am, so the troops were a wee bit sleepy. Sean had no problem going into the master bedroom and snuggling into that nice, oh-so-comfy king size bed, and was out like a light. But we could move him later, right? Ummm....maybe not so much. Anyway, my other two sons made it pretty far into the game, but as you may or may not recall, it was a very late game, so eventually, they were sawing wood just like their older brother.

Looks pretty comfy, huh? Well, we waited until the end of the last inning, and Pods started waking them up. I have to say, the thought of him hoppin' around the room, shaking the kids, telling them to get up, back and forth from the chair to the couch and back and forth, over and over...well, it still cracks me up, even now. Because the kids were zombies! They would sit up, eyes shut tight, then fall right back down and continue snoring. So, so hysterical!!

"C'mon! C'mon! This is it!! This is IT!!!!"

Yay! I got one out of bed!!

That's right Ty!! Open those eyes!! It's what we've been waiting for!

NOOOOO!!!! Not asleep again!!! GET UP!!! GET UP!!!!

I was laughing so hard at him the whole time. He had been waiting for years for this moment, he actually talked about it all the time, how excited they would all be watching the Yankees win the World Series- and here his favorite co-fans were too busy catchin' zzzz's to worry about catching the end of this important game. Well, fortunately, they eventually rallied, and were there to see the finish. Look at how proud Pods is of himself that he persisted and got them up!

WOO-HOO!!!!! GO YANKEES!!!!!!

Well, after all that, it was back to bed- with Pods & Sean & I sharing the king until 3 or 4 in the morning when Pods had had enough and crawled out onto the couch with Tyler. Poor, poor Pods. Works his tail off, pays for all the vacations, jumps around like a jack rabbit, sleeps on the couch.

In the morning, we were headed to DAK and were planning to spend a mellow day hanging around Kidani a bit after that. Hope you'll join us in the next post!

Old 01-03-2010, 03:17 PM   #45
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Ellen Iam here !!! I need to go to work NOW so ill catch up later !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: