Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2010, 12:13 PM   #256
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

tonga toast is on my to do list!

Old 02-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #257
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

btw are you going to MK in Oct or just the cruise? We'll be there from 10/16 to 10/23. We may just miss each other

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2010, 12:24 PM   #258
areck
Earning My Ears

We had about 16- 18 inches here. Very heavy snow with ice encrusted sections here and there. Our snow blower's pull cord broke today and we had to shovel out the bottom of the driveway . The snow plows leave piles of snow from the road that you can't throw back into the street. Therefore, the sidewalk has mini-mountains on either side of the driveway. There's more snow for Monday???? Ugh. Our district had off yesterday and today. I'm thinking Friday will be a delayed opening. I don't know how any student will be able to get to any bus stop safely. Jordan gets the bus at the bottom of the driveway (thank goodness). We have off on Monday and Tuesday for the holiday and a teacher's professional day.

Uuuummmmm, I love Kona Cafe for breakfast. I've had the Tonga toast. Nice flavor but very sweet. Too sweet for me to finish. I will be ordering the macadamia pancakes next time. And how 'bout that pressed pot coffee. The word ZOOM comes to mind. If that doesn't start you out running, I don't know what will.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #259
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Watch, give it some time and all the hype on the DIS about KC will have that place hopping!
Yea...that could very well be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
tonga toast is on my to do list!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
btw are you going to MK in Oct or just the cruise? We'll be there from 10/16 to 10/23. We may just miss each other
We just miss you! We arrive late Thursday afternoon, the 28th- pulling the boys out of school around lunchtime so they get credit for the whole day, but we'll get to enjoy WDW that night. Think we might go to MNSSHP....but, maybe we'll just hit Epcot. Still have a while to decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areck View Post
We had about 16- 18 inches here. Very heavy snow with ice encrusted sections here and there. Our snow blower's pull cord broke today and we had to shovel out the bottom of the driveway . The snow plows leave piles of snow from the road that you can't throw back into the street. Therefore, the sidewalk has mini-mountains on either side of the driveway. There's more snow for Monday???? Ugh. Our district had off yesterday and today. I'm thinking Friday will be a delayed opening. I don't know how any student will be able to get to any bus stop safely. Jordan gets the bus at the bottom of the driveway (thank goodness). We have off on Monday and Tuesday for the holiday and a teacher's professional day.

Uuuummmmm, I love Kona Cafe for breakfast. I've had the Tonga toast. Nice flavor but very sweet. Too sweet for me to finish. I will be ordering the macadamia pancakes next time. And how 'bout that pressed pot coffee. The word ZOOM comes to mind. If that doesn't start you out running, I don't know what will.
Our professional day is tomorrow. You heard there's snow on monday? I thought it was for Weds- well, either way .

And I LOVED that pressed pot!! Especially since I wasn't sleeping well (I was sick and woke up all night long). That was some super-STRONG coffee!
Old 02-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #260
areck
Earning My Ears

The National Weather Service did change the forecast to Tues/Wed. Snow showers don't sound so bad anymore!!
Old 02-11-2010, 05:23 PM   #261
areck
Earning My Ears

MIDDLETOWN BOE POSTED ANOTHER DAY OFF TOMORROW DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #262
podsnel

Quote:
MIDDLETOWN BOE POSTED ANOTHER DAY OFF TOMORROW DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER.
Congratulations on your unexpected extended vacation!!

We are supposed to go skiing this weekend- still hoping for the best- but Sean came down with the stomach flu on Tuesday night (ugh- it's like a toddler having stomach flu except in MUCH LARGER PROPORTIONS ), Pods came home with it this afternoon, and 10 minutes ago, Timmy went down for the count.

And then there were two.

I wish Tyler & I would just get it in the next 8 hours because it really is a 24 hour (or less) thing, and then we could probably still go. UGH. I have not gotten it the past 2 times the rest of the house has, so maybe that will happen again? Even MORE upsetting (or equally upsetting), Sunday night is Chinese New Year at my girlfriend Fiona's house- and i LOOOOOOOVE Chinese New Year! What if we miss that?

Oh bother......
Old 02-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #263
areck
Earning My Ears

How does Tyler feel about that?

I'm so sorry about that nasty virus circulating. I'm confident you'll be celebrating the Chinese New Year. Will 'Rita be there too?
Old 02-11-2010, 08:36 PM   #264
podsnel

Quote:
How does Tyler feel about that?

I'm so sorry about that nasty virus circulating. I'm confident you'll be celebrating the Chinese New Year. Will 'Rita be there too?
He feels the same way I do- get it now and be done!!

And no, Rita has never come to Chinese New Year. I believe her favorite holiday is Cinco de Mayo! But her girlfriend, Saketini, usually makes an appearance!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:28 PM   #265
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

just a quick post to let you know I am back!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 02-12-2010, 12:24 AM   #266
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Welcome Home, Rosie! Looks like you had a great time - are you tired?
Old 02-12-2010, 06:56 AM   #267
MEK
DIS Veteran

Every trip I say I am going to eat breakfast at Kona and then I never do. I think May will have to be the trip to remedy that. May 7th. I've made up my mind. It's affirmative!

BTW - I have decided NOT to arrive early for the May trip. I am going to arrive with the rest of the crew on May 2nd. We should arrive in the afternoon around 3pm. That will give us time to get checked in, nose around, and then head over to the Contemporary for dinner. After that EMH at MK.

I am disappointed about not arriving early, but made the decision because I really feel like I should be the one at home to corral in the teens and give them final instructions. My oldest son is pretty challenging right now. He thinks he can just come and go as he pleases.....NOT! I want to make sure he is present and accounted for BEFORE all parental units leave the premises.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-12-2010, 06:58 AM   #268
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
just a quick post to let you know I am back!!!
Welcome back!!! How were all the DISmeets? And the hot italians? So missed you!! Looking forward to the TR!
Old 02-12-2010, 07:00 AM   #269
podsnel

Oh- and for those keeping score in Puke Fest 2010-

The cheese stands alone. (well, I stand with a mop and towels and disinfectant, but, essentially, alone).

Fun night at our house last night kids!
Old 02-12-2010, 08:38 AM   #270
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Welcome back!!! How were all the DISmeets? And the hot italians? So missed you!! Looking forward to the TR!
Ellen the Meets were NON STOP !!! We pole danced, Took Peep pix and I had a lot of help with "THE HOT ITALIAN QUEST"
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: