Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #91
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

I feel so so so bad for everyone at Disney this week. My sister has been there all week with her family and I think the nicest day there was about 55. Most days have been highs in 30's and 40's, and not even very sunny.....

We were supposed to drive down tonight and meet them tomorrow morning for breakfast at Cape May Cafe (to surprise my niece and nephew who didn't know we were coming) and then spend the day at Epcot with them. But the forecase for tonight and tomorrow is for a snow/sleet/rain mix and high of only 38!!!

So we cancelled our reservation tonight and Ally is devastated!!! When Jeff picked her up from the school bus today, she said, "so I was excited all day for NOTHING!"

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 01-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #92
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Awww...I hope Ally is getting over it- it would be absolutely MISERABLE there tomorrow- you did the right thing, hard as it may have been to do. Sooo, anyway...

I am so glad you posted about all the Santas around the world- I never knew that went on until this year, and it looks pretty cool!

As far as CRT & the potty goes.....

What are the odds that kid grows up to be one of those freaks who says " I HATE Disney!!! It STINKS!"

You're always a great adventure, Kara! You crazy, smelly girl!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2010, 07:22 PM   #93
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
What are the odds that kid grows up to be one of those freaks who says " I HATE Disney!!! It STINKS!"

Sorry you had to cancel your day trip but it's safer that way. Would hate to see you out there on slippery/icy roads.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:29 AM   #94
karajeboo

Quote:
Awww...I hope Ally is getting over it- it would be absolutely MISERABLE there tomorrow- you did the right thing, hard as it may have been to do. Sooo, anyway...

I am so glad you posted about all the Santas around the world- I never knew that went on until this year, and it looks pretty cool!

As far as CRT & the potty goes.....

You're always a great adventure, Kara! You crazy, smelly girl!
Oh no, I've scarred that poor kid for LIFE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post

Sorry you had to cancel your day trip but it's safer that way. Would hate to see you out there on slippery/icy roads.
I just checked the radar and it is POURING in Orlando right now with no end in sight. And there is a wintry mix coming down between here and there (and yes, we had snow last night, but didn't stick!). I'm glad we didnt' go and still hoping Kami will convince her DH to stop by here for the night......

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 01-09-2010, 08:48 AM   #95
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Morning Kara !!!! I sure hope it warms up by February!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 01-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #96
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
The street vendor in Japan was that country's "holiday tale." So I think I will only have three left - but they are the three BEST ones!!!!

Actually, we DID kind of get an upgrade at VWL - we were not looking at the parking lot out our window!!! So we got a nice wooded view, AND when they texted me during the day that our room was ready, Jeff thought that I had really pulled some strings! I had to fess up that they ask everyone for their cell phone# so they can text when the room is ready. Poor silly Jeff thought I was special. Well, I AM special, just not that way!
Oh, I forgot, you did say you got an upgrade - of course they knew they were dealing with the McSparklesons!! We all know how special you are!

Quote:
I feel so so so bad for everyone at Disney this week. My sister has been there all week with her family and I think the nicest day there was about 55. Most days have been highs in 30's and 40's, and not even very sunny.....

We were supposed to drive down tonight and meet them tomorrow morning for breakfast at Cape May Cafe (to surprise my niece and nephew who didn't know we were coming) and then spend the day at Epcot with them. But the forecase for tonight and tomorrow is for a snow/sleet/rain mix and high of only 38!!!

So we cancelled our reservation tonight and Ally is devastated!!! When Jeff picked her up from the school bus today, she said, "so I was excited all day for NOTHING!"
I'm so sorry for your change of plans. I can't believe how cold it is. Global warming stinks! I was thinking, hey, put on a coat and NO LINES! But the pouring rain would seal the deal for me - I'd have to stay in by a fire somewhere. Sorry for your sister's trip.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:02 AM   #97
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I just hope it warms up by tomorrow!!! My blood has thinned and I can't take this cold!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Oh, I forgot, you did say you got an upgrade - of course they knew they were dealing with the McSparklesons!! We all know how special you are!

I'm so sorry for your change of plans. I can't believe how cold it is. Global warming stinks! I was thinking, hey, put on a coat and NO LINES! But the pouring rain would seal the deal for me - I'd have to stay in by a fire somewhere. Sorry for your sister's trip.
I was practically in tears for my sister and her family.... until we met them for lunch yesterday. Yes, it was cold, but she is such a happy person that they just didn't let it get to them. We could tell that they still had a good time. I firmly believe that if you are truly happy, then you find a way to make things work. Everyone seemed in good spirits, despite the horrible weather. And unfortunately, the lines were still long! I guess if you pay for a trip to Disney, you are going to the parks no matter waht!

Old 01-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #98
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

so did you drive down or did Kami come up to meet you?

Old 01-10-2010, 12:36 PM   #99
DizzyErin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh me too it's cold enough here .. i do not want 2 1/2 weeks more when i should be warmer hahaha

Quote:
I was practically in tears for my sister and her family.... until we met them for lunch yesterday. Yes, it was cold, but she is such a happy person that they just didn't let it get to them. We could tell that they still had a good time. I firmly believe that if you are truly happy, then you find a way to make things work. Everyone seemed in good spirits, despite the horrible weather. And unfortunately, the lines were still long! I guess if you pay for a trip to Disney, you are going to the parks no matter waht!
Oh Kara i am so glad you got to see them and that they enjoyed it anyway

Old 01-10-2010, 12:42 PM   #100
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

So glad you got to see them for lunch!! How wonderful your sis is such a happy one, attitude is everything!
Old 01-10-2010, 12:53 PM   #101
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Everyone be thinking warm !!!! I want WARM for February 4th thru 11th!!! But I will have a good time any way !!! Heck I'll be in Disney !!! Last May didn't stop us !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 01-10-2010, 01:06 PM   #102
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Sorry I've been MIA...I went to Cali to cheer on our Buckeyes at the Rose Bowl!! What a great game! Anyways, I love all the pictures from Epcot with the characters. And that Cinderella you had is SO CUTE - she looks perfect!
Old 01-10-2010, 02:04 PM   #103
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
so did you drive down or did Kami come up to meet you?
Oh, no, we stayed home.... but we met them on their way home at a fun little Jacksonville hole in the wall for lunch. The kids all had fun and it was nice to spend a relaxing hour with them since we couldn't do Disney together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyErin View Post
Oh me too it's cold enough here .. i do not want 2 1/2 weeks more when i should be warmer hahaha

Oh Kara i am so glad you got to see them and that they enjoyed it anyway
It is already warming up this week so you should be fine when you're here Erin. Don't forget to give me the dates again, and a way to reach you while you're here. Ally REALLY wants to meet Chloe and have a British pen pal!

Quote:
So glad you got to see them for lunch!! How wonderful your sis is such a happy one, attitude is everything!
It's true, and I do believe that good things happen to good people.

Quote:
Everyone be thinking warm !!!! I want WARM for February 4th thru 11th!!! But I will have a good time any way !!! Heck I'll be in Disney !!! Last May didn't stop us !!!
I hope it will be nice - it's already going to be in the 60's this next week. Last week was just a once in 20 year fluke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaPolynesian View Post
Sorry I've been MIA...I went to Cali to cheer on our Buckeyes at the Rose Bowl!! What a great game! Anyways, I love all the pictures from Epcot with the characters. And that Cinderella you had is SO CUTE - she looks perfect!
No you did NOT!!!!! That is AWESOME!!! I was cheering loud and proud from the comfort of my family room on New Years Day!!! The Rose Bowl is on my bucket list.... to see the Buckeyes win there!!! Even my Michigan friends were cheering for OSU - that is what I love about the Big 10!!!

Old 01-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #104
DizzyErin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is already warming up this week so you should be fine when you're here Erin. Don't forget to give me the dates again, and a way to reach you while you're here. Ally REALLY wants to meet Chloe and have a British pen pal!
I will do, i'll send you a message on fb with all details .. i showed Chloe your message from fb earlier and she screeched and cheered, she is excited to meet Ally too!

Old 01-12-2010, 12:06 PM   #105
karajeboo

On the 7th Day of Christmas.....

On the 7th Day of Christmas Walt Disney gave to me....

7 bathroom pit stops
6 Epcot "Santas"
5 million dancing lights
4 parks one world
3 season passes
2 1/2 hr drive
and a room at the Wilderness Lodge

As we left Cindy's pad, it was just beginning to get dark.... So we headed over to Tomorrowland to check the wait for SM..... 50 minutes. Too long for me.... Plus, we knew we would be coming back to MK the next day.

So back through the hub.....

And right as we arrived, the Move It Shake It Celebrate It parade was coming by.

I LOVE this parade!!! Once I see it I can't get the song out of my head and I'm movin it, shakin it, and celebratin it all white girl style!!! Ally is mortified when I do this, which makes it all worthwhile!

What I never realized, however, is that the parade STOPS in front of the hub, and the characters hop off the floats and grab kids to dance!

Now this is great during the day, but at night? They form a conga line and take off!!!! So imagine darkness, crowds, and your child is in the hands of Mr Incredible! No problem!

Ally Dancing with Mr Incredible!

It was crazy crowded in the hub, and I was a nervous wreck! But Ally had fun being chosen and that's all that matters.... well, since we got her back!

As soon as this party pulled out, everyone stayed in the hub and I realized it was for the castle lighting.... so we waited along with everyone else and we were AMAZED!!!! I don't think I ever watched it lit up little by little like this!

Before....

After.....

And the transformation.....

Castle Lighting

After that, as beautiful as it was, I was um, er, in dire straits. I needed a ladies room. A little girls room. You know the drill.

So there I headed.

As soon as I emerged, we all headed to POTC. But then it hit... again. So I told Jeff and Ally to go without me. They came off the ride, I told them to go somewhere else, ANYWHERE, just leave me to my own plans for awhile!

They went up the treehouse. Can you believe in all my trips to Disney I've never made it up there? And tonight was no exception.

Then we met up outside Jungle Cruise. Got in line. Nope. Got right out of line again..... This was NOT turning into a fun night in MK!

Finally my tummy settled enought to ride JC - and we had a pooper (pardon the pun!!!) of a skipper. And the skipper makes all the difference on this attraction! But I love riding JC at night, and I loved being able to make it all the way through without, well, you know....

It was just about time to find our spot for Spectro and I love watching from Liberty Square. So we did! Jeff and Ally ran off to get snacks and drinks, and I think they even went and watched Hall of Prez (right behind us) while I held the spot. I just did not want to move.

This is the part I just love. Getting a spot, and watching all the latecomers try to weazel their way in. Even Jeff and Ally got back about 20 minutes before it started our way.

Up next, Specto and Wishes.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: