Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2009, 07:13 AM   #46
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
And I'll have you know that Florida cold is different from normal cold. It's damp. It's biting. It really goes right through you!
I can vouch for that after watching Illuminations in a cold drizzle in December.

Great update!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 12-27-2009, 09:01 AM   #47
nettii
DIS Veteran

I hope you had a great Chrismas! Im loving the tr wilderness lodge looks great. Do the villas have a seperate pool?
Anxiously waiting for more

1st trip 2006 ALL Star SPORTS (fell in LOVE )
2007 POP (Pure magic )
2007 POFQ (A Merry Mickey Holiday adventure):3
2008 POP (My Moms 1st trip-Had a blast)
2009 ALL Star MoviesHappy Haunts in the MK
2010-(Mom & T conquire the Mts of MK)
2011- DREAM CRUISE!
2012-Thanksgiving at CBR!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2009, 09:03 AM   #48
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Good point about Idol. My mom and I saw two different shows and the first show everyone was terrible and the second show everyone could've made it to the REAL show if they wanted!
Old 12-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #49
celeste.
DIS Veteran

i love your TR.
the story about you guys waiting for a DHS bus happened to me almost every morning at the WL. their bus system was really bad this year!
can't wait to read more!! :]
Old 12-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #50
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

COLD !!!! It is SNOWING and Freezing cold here !! Cold at 67 Hah!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 12-29-2009, 06:31 AM   #51
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emser View Post
You really AREN'T talking about the "cold" again, are you?!?
I see 40 degrees and get soooooo excited!!
Huh, maybe we should wait and go to HS on Saturday when we meet you...you and Spencer can act like your gonna ride RnR, but chicken out at the end. He can learn how to be "tough" from Aunt KJ!!
But will he ride ToT with me???? I would even ride RnR with you guys..... just wasn't feeling it last trip....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Loved your last two updates. I enjoyed reading your impressions of the villas vs. the lodge. Since I'm DVC I have no choice but to stay in the villas. I hope I don't feel too far removed from the lodge. I don't think I will. I am an early morning explorer and I will seek out every nook and cranny.

I don't like the idea of the buses going to FW, but what are you going to do? My DH usually likes to rent a car, so I guess it won't be an issue.

I think I would have freaked a bit with a tuck ToT elevator. I have a love - hate relationship with that ride. I love it, but it always makes me a bit nervous!

As far as AI - I definately think they plants ringers in the show. they have to - its a show and the bottom line is they have to keep people entertained.
Don't get me wrong - the villas are still beautiful and decorated just like the lodge. And the bus stop is just outside the main villas entrance, which is nice.

Oh, the ToT elevator - I know what you mean about a love/hate relationship - I get really nervous waiting in line, but I giggle like a school girl when it's bouncing up and down!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
I can vouch for that after watching Illuminations in a cold drizzle in December.

Great update!
Yes, I'm complaining about the cold again...... High today only in the 50's but keep in mind we are only about 30 miles from the coast and it's ALWAYS breezy here! Great in the summer when it's 98 but not so great when the damp ocean air is blowing around and it's this cool...... Brrrrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettii View Post
I hope you had a great Chrismas! Im loving the tr wilderness lodge looks great. Do the villas have a seperate pool?
Anxiously waiting for more
They do have a separate quiet pool. And it's only a very short walk out by the beach to get to the mail pool. Really, I like the way the villas are set up - they are very convenient to everything since I find the lodge "compact." I guess the CS place, Roaring Forks, is a bit removed, but that's about it..... The gift shop was right inside the lodge doors that face the villas, so my shopping was quite convenient!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaPolynesian View Post
Good point about Idol. My mom and I saw two different shows and the first show everyone was terrible and the second show everyone could've made it to the REAL show if they wanted!
First time we went, all three were "ok" but wouldn't have really made it to Hollywood. Not even bad enough to make the show. But this time that one guy was REALLY good which surprised me. I need to figure out how to get the video on here.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by celeste. View Post
i love your TR.
the story about you guys waiting for a DHS bus happened to me almost every morning at the WL. their bus system was really bad this year!
can't wait to read more!! :]
I know that any resort can have bus service on any given day. I'd still rather be waiting at a Disney bus stop than working......

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
COLD !!!! It is SNOWING and Freezing cold here !! Cold at 67 Hah!!!
Oh, Rosie, are you trying to show me up?????

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 12-29-2009, 06:57 AM   #52
karajeboo

Hollywood Brown Derby......

We were off to try Hollywood Brown Derby for the first time, and sadly, probably the last. This is a two TS credit if you are on the dining plan, and there is no way I'd waste two credits on this.

The food was good, but nothing you can't get anywhere else in the world. And the theming, while pretty, was what we call a "fern and rail." Basically a bit of an upscale Applebees. You know, the brass rails and hanging plants???

I started off with the Joodie Patootie which was YUMMMMMM!

Jeff ordered the Cobb Salad as an appetizer. Our server mixed it at the table, so it wasn't as pretty once it was mixed, but it was very yummy. And Jeff determined he now likes guacamole. He's a nut case!

Ally ordered the Beefy Macaroni, which to her is fine dining. She thinks if its not a finger food, it's high cotton!!!!

AND it came in a plate NOT shaped like a mouse head!!! Dat girl so classy!!!

I ordered the filet, which is so unlike me to order this at lunch, but nothing else really appealed to me. And I like food so that is rare.....

My filet was cooked just right but wasn't a great cut of meat. A bit too much gristle for a filet.....

Jeff got the tuna, rare, but really did not care for it. It was cold inside and out, which is not right. Should have been cool in the center but seared on the outside.

After dinner I had to try the The Diva. Cause, well, if the shoe fits.....

It was definitely a dessert drink!!!!

Overall, the meal was satisfactory. But WITH our TIW card, we dropped $120 on lunch here. Now usually I don't complain about Disney dining prices. You can get some great food and even greater atmospheres anywhere in the World, but this was just average food in a very average atmosphere that you can find in any retail shopping district in Anytown, USA. To think we could have eaten at Le Cellier for the same price, or even California Grill. I'm glad we tried it, but will not be going back.

After HBD, I was feeling quite "happy" after my two drinks. Whoever says that Disney waters down their drinks did NOT sip mine at lunch! Wooooo! We headed straight for Star Tours, and I was a bit worried about this. I was worried that Joodie Patootie might not like it!!!!

I heard that this attraction is up for a renovation soon - anyone else hear this????

Next was time to use our FPs on TSM. This is just such a fun attraction. I wish people didn't like it so much so the standby line wasn't always over an hour!!!!!!

Since Jeff and Ally rode together, Jeff and I made a pact that we would snap photos of our scores to compare. Not like either of us would LIE about it, would we????

OK, so he beat me. But just barely!!!!! And we left Ally in the dust! Poor kid.

It was still gloomy and chilly out, and I had already gotten my text from WL that our room was ready, so we decided to head back and get into our room.

We got to the bus stop and met a "lovely" family from NJ. Grandpa was the typical grumpy old man. Not happy with anything at Disney. His daughter said he's already been yelled at 3 times THAT DAY by CMs. Seriously? How miserable do you have to be to not enjoy WDW????

And it didn't help that we had bus issues again. Bus after bus after bus stopped at the resort pickup spots all around us. We waited about 30 minutes this time. Wouldn't have been so bad except we were in some sort of wind tunnel. That was the only time all day I was cold. And of course Gramps had to complain the whole time, too......

We got off the bus at WL and grabbed our bags from the car and got right into our room. We stayed all of 5 minutes, just long enough for Jeff to make a "pitstop" and Ally and I to get pics, then we were back out again.

Heading back to DHS to see FINALLY the Osborne lights!!!!

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 12-29-2009, 08:51 AM   #53
mom2shayleeandlogan
Mouseketeer

I also heard that Star Tours was getting an update, it needs it! Thank you for the lunch review, it was very helpful.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #54
Must C Mickey
Mouseketeer

I was able to find a lil info on updating the Star Tours ride. Also, Kara you'll be happy to know that they are updating the Soarin' video in the ride!!! Didn't I read in one of your other TR's that you hated to admit it but have become kinda bored w/ Soarin' Here's the link that mentions both.

http://www.disneyorama.com/2008/08/d...-soarin-films/

1/1995 Offsite, 1/2008 Pop Century, 3/2009 Pop Century, 1/2010 CBR, 1/2011 AS Sports, 2/2012 AS Sports, AofA 12/2013-1/2014.

Around 'The World' in 7 Days - A 2 Family Vaca! (A Jan 2010 TR)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437043
Old 12-29-2009, 08:58 PM   #55
emser
Earning My Ears

KJ - Spencer says he will ride ToT! Emma is not too keen on it, so I can, uh, sit with her while you and Boo go on...OK?!?
4 days wil we leave!!!
See you at breakfast in 11 days!!!

Yes...the woman who is at WDW at least every other month will be there for another day next weekend. I guess when family is traveling all the way from Ohio you have to meet them! Right?!?
Old 12-29-2009, 11:38 PM   #56
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Kara Glad you rviewed BD !! I haven't eaten there and now wont !!!Well actually I might do an oop lunch of the Cob Salad and the grapefruit cake !! ut 2 TS NO WAY Jose!!!Oh and Kara I'lllet you know whe we havea Heat Wave here in the North meaning if it hits 67!!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 12-30-2009, 06:41 AM   #57
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2shayleeandlogan View Post
I also heard that Star Tours was getting an update, it needs it! Thank you for the lunch review, it was very helpful.
Read the link that Must C Mickey posted!!!! Dates are off but looks like it's gonna happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Must C Mickey View Post
I was able to find a lil info on updating the Star Tours ride. Also, Kara you'll be happy to know that they are updating the Soarin' video in the ride!!! Didn't I read in one of your other TR's that you hated to admit it but have become kinda bored w/ Soarin' Here's the link that mentions both.

http://www.disneyorama.com/2008/08/d...-soarin-films/
Hmmmm, both to be completed in '09...... I think they are a little late. But the queueing area of Star Tours was getting a facelift while we were there. I would guess that the movie is done somewhere else and it's merely a computer update to get everything to move right, so that can probably be done in a short time. Hopefully by next summer.

Me? Bored with Soarin? Maybe..... but I can't admit that too openly or I'll be forever known as a Soarin hater.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by emser View Post
KJ - Spencer says he will ride ToT! Emma is not too keen on it, so I can, uh, sit with her while you and Boo go on...OK?!?
4 days wil we leave!!!
See you at breakfast in 11 days!!!

Yes...the woman who is at WDW at least every other month will be there for another day next weekend. I guess when family is traveling all the way from Ohio you have to meet them! Right?!?
Y'all are WIMPS!!!! Ally actually finds ToT "boring!" So what park will we be at that day? I vote for DHS or Epcot! Even AK - we haven't been there in several months...... Check out TGM and see what he says for that day, too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Kara Glad you rviewed BD !! I haven't eaten there and now wont !!!Well actually I might do an oop lunch of the Cob Salad and the grapefruit cake !! ut 2 TS NO WAY Jose!!!Oh and Kara I'lllet you know whe we havea Heat Wave here in the North meaning if it hits 67!!!!!
HBD wasn't "horrible" but $120 for basically an Outback quality meal. I love the food selection at WDW, and I love the theming even more. We did a day in November and at at Biergarten for the first time! Loved it!!!! It was so pretty in there and you really felt like you were eating on the streets of a little village in Germany. Marrakesh, beautiful and yummy. Le Cellier, cozy and double yummy. San Angel Inn, absolutely gorgeous and sorta yummy. Akershus, princesses, what more can I say? Sci Fi, FUN theming you can't find anywhere else, food ok. But when the atmosphere is so awesome, you can overlook mediocre food. When both are average, why pay Disney prices???

Did any of that even make sense????

Old 12-30-2009, 07:23 AM   #58
DizzyErin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Hmmmm, both to be completed in '09...... I think they are a little late. But the queueing area of Star Tours was getting a facelift while we were there. I would guess that the movie is done somewhere else and it's merely a computer update to get everything to move right, so that can probably be done in a short time. Hopefully by next summer.
Well as long as they leave it till after we have been or get it finished and ready in the next 4 weeks i'm happy hahahah

Old 12-30-2009, 07:45 AM   #59
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Kara - loving your report. You are so funny! Can't wait for more.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:36 AM   #60
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyErin View Post
Well as long as they leave it till after we have been or get it finished and ready in the next 4 weeks i'm happy hahahah
Erin, the only thing was a few things covered up in the queue. Otherwise it was the same as ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Kara - loving your report. You are so funny! Can't wait for more.
Thank you!!! It's so funny that Jeff and Ally are constantly rolling their eyes at me while we're there, and sometimes when something happens or someone makes a funny comment, they look at each other and say, "that will be in Mommy's trip report!"

Just wait til I get to our meal at Cindy's castle - even a little toilet humor!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: