Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2009, 07:43 PM   #31
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

ellen--my vote is naught. It sounds like the mcSparklsons were opening cans of whoop

Old 12-21-2009, 07:42 AM   #32
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stich626 View Post
Subbing, but please don't hate me as I am a Michigan fan. lol
Who are you and what are you doing on my TR? Oh, funny story.... we have some great friends who are UM fans and I love to remind them of this.... two years ago Santa brought Ally a puppy for Christmas and we named him Buckeye. In honor of Bo Schembechler, when he goes potty outside we taught him to go BoBo. And to do #2? We taught him to.... are you ready? We taught him to.... this is good.... we taught him to..... "M Go Poo"!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneysRedhead View Post
Ooo yeah! I was reading your other TR and now I can read this one! Can't wait for the rest of the 12 days of x-mas!
I've got the first 5 figured out, but I'm stuck on the rest - hopefully I'll be inspired and it will come to me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
The Wilderness Lodge is so pretty. I really want to stay there someday!
It really was beautiful. Especially since it was very damp and chilly the first day, and the lodge was so warm and cozy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Born Nuts !!!!The insults continueI hveonly stayed at Popand have to agree their buses are great from th resort, however at MK you need to pack a bag for the LONG haul to the last bus stop !!!I don't find POP spread out but then I've only been in 50's ad 60's!I almost styed at POFQ and that is still one want to try!
Actually, I think CSR has the best bus stops. They are all so close to the entrance of the parks except for one (can't remember which one though). Insults? Who, me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Joining in. WL looks so beautiful.
It was! The tree in the lobby was HUGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Hi girlie!! I am very anxious to see all the Christmas stuff- I am dying to go at Christmas time, but Pods is just not into it- he says it won't be warm enough (this from the man who complained CONSTANTLY about the heat when we were there in September). Sheesh- he's freakin' Goldilocks, there's no pleasin' him!!

Can't wait to see what you did. And whether you were naughty or nice!
Tell Pods it was 85 and sunny on our last day - it got HOT! December-Feb in Florida is a crap shoot. You just don't know what you're gonna get.

Quote:
Oh Good Ellen you are here to defend me !!! Kara is spreading rumors about me
I know you are but what am I????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post
I'm in! Visited Wilderness Lodge for the first time this year and thought it was beautiful. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.
Lx
Again, even MORE beautiful at Christmas! But think about it. Disney. Christmas. Two of the most beautiful things alone, and when you put them together it is pure BLISS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Yay another TR!!
I think if I put this much effort into cleaning my house it would be spotless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
ellen--my vote is naught. It sounds like the mcSparklsons were opening cans of whoop
And you would be right! We were quite naughty a couple times this trip - but it was in response to REALLY naughty people and yes, we did have to open a can of whoop a$$ a couple of times!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2009, 11:06 AM   #33
mom2shayleeandlogan
Mouseketeer

WL looks beautiful! Can't wait to read more!

Old 12-21-2009, 02:05 PM   #34
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Ellen she is claiming innocense !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 12-21-2009, 02:52 PM   #35
ICanFly!
Earning My Ears

I am loving reading about your adventure! We went to WDW last Christmas (19th thru the 29th) and loved it! We stayed at the WL. They upgraded us from a room with a queen and a set of bunkbeds....we have a 16yr old son..his feet hung out the end of the bunk beds by almost a foot! lol...anyways we were on the side closest to the water and the GF and Polynesian. So a tree view. Well, they upgraded us to 2 queen beds and we had a view of the pool court area! it was awesome! The tree in the lodge was huge and beautiful! And the weather was perfect in December. I so want to go back in December again.

Loved the WL so much that this last July I took my best friend there after we went to the 4th of July Daytona race. Now that was a hot muggy week we were there! It thundershowered every afternoon. And we got there the afternoon after the monorail worker was killed. So no monorail for a day and a half. The buses were moving rather well and fast considering.

We must have been lucky...no issues with transportation for us. We got everywhere in great time...and no rude people.

Can't wait to hear more.....
Old 12-21-2009, 03:59 PM   #36
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2shayleeandlogan View Post
WL looks beautiful! Can't wait to read more!
A four day weekend and no family in town until AFTER Christmas, means I should have more time to update my TR!

Quote:
Ellen she is claiming innocense !!!
What, is Ellen the mom now??? Rosie is telling on me!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICanFly! View Post
I am loving reading about your adventure! We went to WDW last Christmas (19th thru the 29th) and loved it! We stayed at the WL. They upgraded us from a room with a queen and a set of bunkbeds....we have a 16yr old son..his feet hung out the end of the bunk beds by almost a foot! lol...anyways we were on the side closest to the water and the GF and Polynesian. So a tree view. Well, they upgraded us to 2 queen beds and we had a view of the pool court area! it was awesome! The tree in the lodge was huge and beautiful! And the weather was perfect in December. I so want to go back in December again.

Loved the WL so much that this last July I took my best friend there after we went to the 4th of July Daytona race. Now that was a hot muggy week we were there! It thundershowered every afternoon. And we got there the afternoon after the monorail worker was killed. So no monorail for a day and a half. The buses were moving rather well and fast considering.

We must have been lucky...no issues with transportation for us. We got everywhere in great time...and no rude people.

Can't wait to hear more.....
Living in Florida, I know how hot and humid it can be in the summer. That's why we opted for the Florida resident season passes which have us blacked out from mid June through mid-August. I can't imagine fighting the crowds AND the heat then! And our weather was very cool and damp the first day. High in the upper 50's which isn't bad but it was so damp that it just chilled us to the bone! Then the next two days were Florida chamber of commerce days. 70's one day and then mid 80's the next but sunny and dry!!!

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 12-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #37
ICanFly!
Earning My Ears

Living in Florida, I know how hot and humid it can be in the summer. That's why we opted for the Florida resident season passes which have us blacked out from mid June through mid-August. I can't imagine fighting the crowds AND the heat then! And our weather was very cool and damp the first day. High in the upper 50's which isn't bad but it was so damp that it just chilled us to the bone! Then the next two days were Florida chamber of commerce days. 70's one day and then mid 80's the next but sunny and dry!!![/QUOTE]

Actually the crowds weren't bad I was amazingly surprised! For July 5th thru the 12th. I mean even walking in Epcot the walkways were very bare! We knew that about 2pm the rain would hit so we started planning our days to do outside stuff until then. Around 2 we would do inside rides, a nice lunch or the shows. One day we even did a hotel tour! That is all we did...toured all the hotels! It was so fun! It rained off and on all that day tho'. We were never cold just usually wet, which after a while you get crabby especially when your wet and hot from the mugginess. Is that a word? If not it is now Christmas week was definately busier with people, but you learn what parks to stay out of on christmas day. Mainly MK. AK wasn't too busy Christmas day...great day of fun and not bad on the crowds. We did have one day where the wind blew and I had to buy a sweatshirt it was so cold- upper 50's low 60's. Otherwise it stayed in the 74 to 82 degree range the whole time.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:02 PM   #38
stich626
Mouseketeer

M went poo alot this year. lol

Is it October yet?

Old 12-21-2009, 06:42 PM   #39
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Nice update. WL is one of the few resorts I'd never stay at...the rooms are just not appealing to me at all for some reason. Of course, I also said that about the BoardWalk last year and I just got back from a trip there and loved it so I guess I should never say never!
Old 12-22-2009, 08:31 PM   #40
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Just dropping in to say that I'm subscribing! How nice to be able to just take a two hour drive to WDW for the weekend. I would LOVE that!! We were in WDW that same weekend. :-) That was the weekend it really warmed up and I was wishing I had packed more shorts & t-shirts! Look forward to reading more.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
Old 12-22-2009, 10:03 PM   #41
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas to all the Karajeboos !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 12-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #42
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICanFly! View Post
Living in Florida, I know how hot and humid it can be in the summer. That's why we opted for the Florida resident season passes which have us blacked out from mid June through mid-August. I can't imagine fighting the crowds AND the heat then! And our weather was very cool and damp the first day. High in the upper 50's which isn't bad but it was so damp that it just chilled us to the bone! Then the next two days were Florida chamber of commerce days. 70's one day and then mid 80's the next but sunny and dry!!!
Actually the crowds weren't bad I was amazingly surprised! For July 5th thru the 12th. I mean even walking in Epcot the walkways were very bare! We knew that about 2pm the rain would hit so we started planning our days to do outside stuff until then. Around 2 we would do inside rides, a nice lunch or the shows. One day we even did a hotel tour! That is all we did...toured all the hotels! It was so fun! It rained off and on all that day tho'. We were never cold just usually wet, which after a while you get crabby especially when your wet and hot from the mugginess. Is that a word? If not it is now Christmas week was definately busier with people, but you learn what parks to stay out of on christmas day. Mainly MK. AK wasn't too busy Christmas day...great day of fun and not bad on the crowds. We did have one day where the wind blew and I had to buy a sweatshirt it was so cold- upper 50's low 60's. Otherwise it stayed in the 74 to 82 degree range the whole time.[/QUOTE]

I'll tell you what else helps to determine which parks to go by - Tour Guide Mike.... I swear by his recommendations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stich626 View Post
M went poo alot this year. lol
Very true! But I look forward to them getting stronger - I love the rivalry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaPolynesian View Post
Nice update. WL is one of the few resorts I'd never stay at...the rooms are just not appealing to me at all for some reason. Of course, I also said that about the BoardWalk last year and I just got back from a trip there and loved it so I guess I should never say never!
TOTALLY different from BW! I'm partial to all the Epcot resorts, just because that is my favorite park. But WL did have its benefits too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Just dropping in to say that I'm subscribing! How nice to be able to just take a two hour drive to WDW for the weekend. I would LOVE that!! We were in WDW that same weekend. :-) That was the weekend it really warmed up and I was wishing I had packed more shorts & t-shirts! Look forward to reading more.
I ended up in a skort with leggings under it on Saturday and shorts on Sunday. I couldn't believe the temperature change between Friday and Sunday!

Quote:
Merry Christmas to all the Karajeboos !!!
Same to you Rosie!!!

Old 12-23-2009, 02:42 PM   #43
karajeboo

On the 3rd Day of Christmas.....

On the 3rd day of Christmas, Walt Disney gave to me.....

3 Season Passes
2 and a half hours drive time
And a room at the Wilderness Lodge.

When we moved to Florida in late 2007, we already had a grand gathering scheduled for the following May with Jeff's family. His parents picked up the tab for rooms, tickets, and dining plan for the whole trip!

It was while on a bus from the resort that we started talking with some folks from Tampa who suggested we visit Guest Services to check on upgrading our tickets (paid for by my inlaws) into season passes.

Well as luck would have it, we not only upgraded at NO COST but ended up with a $200 Disney gift card!!!

So last year I figured I spent 24 days in WDW, and this year I'm well on my way.

Jeff laughs (well I'm guessing its tears of laughter) when he says that our FREE trip with his parents has cost him a lot of money ever since!

So here we are off to DHS with our passes and not a care in the world.

Well, except I DID care about rain. And the fact that Mr Weatherman was calling for it all day. And I DID care about cold. Well, Florida cold.

And I'll have you know that Florida cold is different from normal cold. It's damp. It's biting. It really goes right through you!

I'm sitting here typing right now and it's 67 outside (yeah, I know you all want to throttle me right through your monitors right now ) and I am freezing!!!

We were all bundled up in sweatshirts and jeans - first time I've EVER been in long pants in WDW! Hmmm, a first!

We hopped off the bus, ponchos at the ready, to marvel at the tree in front of DHS.

See the gray and gloomy skies?

First thing we did was head to TSM to grab fast passes for later in the day. Then off to the two biggies - RNR and ToT.

When we got in line for RnR, there was a HUGE group of high school kids from Argentina. Not really bad, but just so many and singing.... oy vey!

Now let me tell you a bit about my love/hate relationship with Rock n Roller Coaster. I love that it's a fun, smooth ride, with awesome music! I HATE the takeoff and the way it takes my breath away.

So.......

I took the chicken exit and let Jeff and Ally ride together.

Funny, when Jeff got off he said he can feel his age on these thrill rides now....

On to ToT - an attraction I can ride over and over. I just LOVE it!

So as we're in the queue, we are put in our positions to board the elevator. There are two wheelchairs that are in our group. So naturally it takes quite a bit longer to board.

This throws the whole timing out of whack.

The doors close. We go up. We see the "doo doo doo doo" of the Twilight Zone. The doors close.

And we sit there.

In TOTAL darkness. For a while. In all reality, probably 1-2 minutes. Go ahead. Try it.

Go to your closet and turn off all the lights and stay still for 1-2 minutes. I'll be here when you get back.

It's a LONG time to be suspended in an elevator that we all know already has some issues!!!! IN THE DARK!!!

There was a lot of nervous laughter in there, before we finally got moving again.

Finally, we fell. Up, down, repeat. Ride over. Loved it!!!!

By now we had about an hour to kill before our ADRs for a late lunch, so Ally and I checked out the times guide and we were just in time for.....

THIS..... is American Idol!

I actually took some video bursts, but I haven't figured out how to download those yet... I might work on that this weekend so you can see the kind of talent that rolls in here.

Let's just say that Jeff thinks Disney has some ringers on standby - cause the two that did NOT win, were not good at all. The one that DID win, would easily make it on to HOllywood. I don't know. He was awfully jovial, good with the camera, great stage presence. Too polished.

You can decide for yourself. Ringer?

American Idol ringer?

But it was lots of fun again! Love this new attraction!

It was now time to head to Hollywood Brown Derby for lunch. I'll be back with food porn and my review of our meal here!!!

If I'm not back before, I want to wish you all a safe and merry Christmas!!!

Last edited by karajeboo; 01-05-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:14 PM   #44
emser
Earning My Ears

You really AREN'T talking about the "cold" again, are you?!?
I see 40 degrees and get soooooo excited!!
Huh, maybe we should wait and go to HS on Saturday when we meet you...you and Spencer can act like your gonna ride RnR, but chicken out at the end. He can learn how to be "tough" from Aunt KJ!!
Old 12-27-2009, 06:23 AM   #45
MEK
DIS Veteran

Loved your last two updates. I enjoyed reading your impressions of the villas vs. the lodge. Since I'm DVC I have no choice but to stay in the villas. I hope I don't feel too far removed from the lodge. I don't think I will. I am an early morning explorer and I will seek out every nook and cranny.

I don't like the idea of the buses going to FW, but what are you going to do? My DH usually likes to rent a car, so I guess it won't be an issue.

I think I would have freaked a bit with a tuck ToT elevator. I have a love - hate relationship with that ride. I love it, but it always makes me a bit nervous!

As far as AI - I definately think they plants ringers in the show. they have to - its a show and the bottom line is they have to keep people entertained.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: