Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2010, 12:04 PM   #16
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Dec 9th: Chef Mickey, Resort Touring, MORE lost kids and some Pool Time

So it's time for our traditional Chef Mickey meal this morning. All is well of course with lots of great photos.

Our plan after breakfast is to check out the monorail resort decorations. I want to see the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian...so we catch the monorail over for that:

I think I'm probably the only one excited about this:

I head over with the younger two kids to check it out up close.

As we are walking around the house I give my camera to Noelle and she takes photos around the house. I get in line to check out some stuff. Frank is off with his parents and Nicolas waiting for us. Once I'm done I head over to where the rest of the group is and I notice I don't see Noelle and Noah. I assume they have gone off with their dad to the restroom. Nicolas says that is not the case. Just as I'm processing this I hear a crying Noelle and Noah approach me from across the room with a cast member. She says she is the one who has left messages on my phone...which I have not checked yet. Sure enough, as we were at the gingerbread house the two little kids didn't see me in line and I guess approached a cast member where they showed her Noah's arm (remember the previous day I had written my cell phone number on his arm?) and they told her to call me. Now this all took place in about 10 minutes or less and we were all in the same general area...but it was enough to scare them for sure. At least they knew what to do!

If you are keeping track, that is three times of losing Noah (sorta) and one lost time for Noelle. Did I mention I've been doing this trip for years and this is the first time for losing children?

After this we head back to our room. It's a pretty nice day so perfect for the pool...probably our only real pool day of the whole trip. We take the kids over where they enjoy some much-needed relaxation in the pool:

Next up: EPCOT Candlelight Processional evening!

The past:*Jan'14: DCL MAGIC*Sep/Oct'13 DCL WONDER*Aug'13:DLR*Jan'13: POP/SSR*Nov'12:VWL/DCL DREAM/THV*Jun'12:SWAN * Mar '12:BDWLK * Jun'11:BLT * Dec'09:SSR * May'09:BC&AKV *Oct'08:BCVDINING REPORT*Jun'08:POP* Nov'07:OKW&SSR*Oct'06:AKL*Jan '06:CR*Feb'04:BDWLK *Oct'03:POLY*Sep'01:CR*Oct'99:POR*Feb'97:ASM
Old 04-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #17
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Dec 9th: Candlelight Processional!

After some downtime at the pool, it's back to the room to get cleaned up and relax a bit before dinner in the evening. We have purchased the Candlelight Processional Package so it will be our first experience for this. Dinner is set for the San Angel Inn at 5:15pm and then we will see the 8:15pm showing of the Processional. We have really been looking forward to this.

We head over to EPCOT and have a little bit of time before dinner so Noelle finally gets to ride Mission: Space. She is ecstatic...I stay in the play area with Noah for this one. She emerges from it and it is clearly Mission: Success for her!

Next up is dinner. I had read the menus ahead of time here and the many dishes that included chorizo were exciting to me. We get our menu...nothing with chorizo on it and the rest of the meal selections are just sorta blah. We each get an appetizer, meal, drink and dessert as part of the package. The food is okay, the atomosphere is nice despite the fact that we get a table as far away from the volcano as possile...but I don't feel a need to go back here in the future for dinner.

After dinner we pause for a photo with Donald:

Then the kids stop at the Kidcot table and decide to do some masks.

Nicolas isn't happy with us and tosses it soon afterwards. The other two are very excited and we spent the rest of the evening visiting a few more countries to get the stamps and charms for the masks and collecting some coins at the coin machines in those countries. I figure we have until 7:30pm or so to get in the line for the Processional...then we spot a line and it's closer to 6:30pm. We hop in line to wait even earlier than planned.

The processional is beautiful. Even the kids seem to enjoy it. Andy Garcia does a great job as narrator:

However, I realize I have not checked my video camera battery...and it is low. I spend the entire time recording the show between THREE different cameras...the good video camera and my two other digital cameras. It's insane...and I still haven't pieced it all together but hopefully it will work.

Afterwards I really want to stay for the special viewing of Illuminations...we have preferred seating. Unfortunately nobody else is that interested...and they don't want to deal with the crowds leaving the park afterwards. I venture into the viewing area with Noah alone. We watch for a while but it's hard to enjoy it when I think about he rest of the group waiting for us. They start walking back to the car before it ends. I eventually catch up to them, leaving earlier than I wanted to and not happy about it.

Next up: A rainy adventure at Hollywood Studios

The past:*Jan'14: DCL MAGIC*Sep/Oct'13 DCL WONDER*Aug'13:DLR*Jan'13: POP/SSR*Nov'12:VWL/DCL DREAM/THV*Jun'12:SWAN * Mar '12:BDWLK * Jun'11:BLT * Dec'09:SSR * May'09:BC&AKV *Oct'08:BCVDINING REPORT*Jun'08:POP* Nov'07:OKW&SSR*Oct'06:AKL*Jan '06:CR*Feb'04:BDWLK *Oct'03:POLY*Sep'01:CR*Oct'99:POR*Feb'97:ASM
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #18
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Love all the pictures! Great job!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #19
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Love all the pictures! Great job!
Thanks! It's only taken me forever to get back to working on this. Nothing like planning out your NEXT Disney trip to start you thinking about the previous one I guess!

I should finish it up in the next day or two!

Old 04-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #20
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

You have done a GREAT job in pulling this trip report together from memory and photos! Your kids are adorable and I think it is so brave of Noelle to ride the more scary rides at her age!

It's too bad you didn't get to view the Holiday Illuminations - we saw it for the first time in December 2008 and I actually got to video tape it twice. I videotaped it the first time from Teppan Edo up at the balcony and it is awesome to see it from that vantage point (I was solo the first four days of our trip). The second taping was in Germany which I think that was the best view overall but my legs got cramped crouching down during the whole thing My grandson was only 14 mos old then and fell asleep during Illuminations, during the Stunt Show at HS and wasn't interested in Wishes Hopefully he will be more enthused when we go this year after Thanksgiving!

You really got some great pics and especially of the kids at MK!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 04-22-2010, 11:35 AM   #21
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
You have done a GREAT job in pulling this trip report together from memory and photos! Your kids are adorable and I think it is so brave of Noelle to ride the more scary rides at her age!

It's too bad you didn't get to view the Holiday Illuminations - we saw it for the first time in December 2008 and I actually got to video tape it twice. I videotaped it the first time from Teppan Edo up at the balcony and it is awesome to see it from that vantage point (I was solo the first four days of our trip). The second taping was in Germany which I think that was the best view overall but my legs got cramped crouching down during the whole thing My grandson was only 14 mos old then and fell asleep during Illuminations, during the Stunt Show at HS and wasn't interested in Wishes Hopefully he will be more enthused when we go this year after Thanksgiving!

You really got some great pics and especially of the kids at MK!
Thanks so much! I'm sure I'll get my chance to view the Holiday Illuminations sometime in the future. Plenty more Disney trips ahead of us!

Old 04-22-2010, 12:00 PM   #22
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Smile Dec 10th - A Rain-Soaked adventure at Studios

We decided today would be our day to hit Hollywood Studios once again since we had YET to ride Toy Story Mania this trip. The weather report was calling for it to get colder and rain but I was sure both of those events would take place later in the day.

It sucks being wrong.

My in-laws chose the day to stay at the room and rest, so it was just us and the 3 kids and we headed out. I did at least think to grab some of the jackets and the ponchos out of the van to take with us as we headed to the tram...but it would not be enough. Have I mentioned that I've had these Disney ponchos for years and I think I drag them with me on EVERY SINGLE DISNEY trip expecting the rain and I have never used them.

That would change this day.

No sooner did we board the tram but it started getting considerably colder...and rainy...and windy. It was all we could do to get through the gates where we headed for the first store we could find to purchase another ponch. We had only 2 (since I bought them on a trip when we only had 2 kids) and we needed a third one. DH and I had jackets but at some point one of the ponchos was just dragging on one of the kids (it was adult sized) and I gave up my jacket for the poncho.

We headed right for Toy Story Mania as soon as we got our poncho. There was a line that reached outside...and it posted a 60 minute wait...but we figured at least most of that would be inside where it was warm and dry. We jumped in line for the wait.

It was a little shorter than the advertised wait at least and it went pretty quickly. When we emerged it was still raining...and cold. DH decided to take DS 9 over to ride Rock N-Roller Coaster and I headed out of the park, back to the parking lot with the other two kids. We would be getting our other jackets and sweatshirts...the ponchos were keeping us dry but not warm. Noah was the only one without a sweatshirt, so I stopped at a shop on the way back in to search for one for him.

We got back in the park just as DH and DS 9 Nicolas were getting off Rock-N-Roller coaster. Perfect timing. All 3 kids (yes even Noah who hated the Tower the first time) decided they'd be up for a ride on Tower of Terror.

This is where my mind gets fuzzy. I posted on Twitter that we rode the TOT twice that day.

I can remember sitting outside of the ride with Noah, eventually bribing him to ride it with this:

What I don't know is if I sent DH on the ride with the other kids the first time...then got Noah to ride it twice after that...or if I got Noah on it once, then they rode a second time, then we got on it for the third time. The lines were definitely short that day due to the weather...which actually improved as you see from the photos. It was overcast, but the rain did stop. We ended up having a good day there.

I don't know if we did much else other than having some lunch there after the rides. With the rain, I didn't take too many photos that day. I think we made it a pretty early day.

To be continued....

Old 04-22-2010, 12:45 PM   #23
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Smile Dec 10th Cont'd - Relaxing at Disney

So my lack of Disney photos tells me the remainder of my day was pretty low-key. This is VERY RARE for us...we are in Disney we should be DOING something. Perhaps we did some shopping? It wasn't pool weather so I know that didn't happen. All I know for sure is that the evening for us was spent relaxing. We had brought along a new DVD to watch - Night at the Museum 2 - and after dinner (which I think was in our room...though what we had I don't know) we let the kids spread out on the floor and watch the movie while we relaxed.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #24
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Aww....I love movie night! It is fun to just have a relaxing down day sometime during the trip. The kids look so cute all settled in to watch their movie

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 04-22-2010, 01:20 PM   #25
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Smile Dec 11th - Our last full day...very sad

So next to the last ACTUAL day at Walt Disney World, the last full day is probably my least favorite part of any Disney vacation. Why does it go so quickly?

We decided to enjoy one last full day at the Magic Kingdom. It was a VERY chilly day and we ended up getting coffee and hot tea and some pastries at the little stand right near where you catch the boat at the TTC. Fantastic!

We arrived just as the opening ceremonies were happening, which is GREAT! I think we walked in the gates just as they ended...and as the park opened we went right for Fantasyland!

We manged to conquer Peter Pan and Snow White as well as a few shops for some gifts for the kids. Then it was off to the Speedway which is another favorite for the kids.

It was now around 11am...and we stopped at Space Mountain where the wait time was thirty minutes. DH took Noelle and Nicolas for one last ride on that.

Next we hopped on another favorite for all...the TTA:

I think she is mad here because I think we got on another time...she wanted to do OTHER rides!

Another fuzzy memory, but I think we did Buzz next:

For some reason we split up...and I ended up with MIL and Noah. Perhaps it was due to Space Mountain that he couldn't ride? I can't recall. He somehow got it in his head he wanted to do the Stitch attraction. I was sure he'd hate it and tried to talk him out of it. That wasn't happening. So we went on it...and he was actually okay with it. When we got out and met back up with DH and the kids...they wanted to ride it. Noah wasn't up for doing it again...so DH took those two. Nicolas (age 9) wasn't sure he wanted to go...but he did. They did fine. Amazing because this, like the A Bug's Life Movie, was another attraction that we were sure we would have to wait much longer to attempt with the kids. We ended up doing both this trip.

Next was Carousel of Progress...which was met with a LOT or resistance on the part of DD age 7. There were mommy threats and yelling that I'm not proud about. She was crying when we got on it and the cast member gave me fair warning that we could not exit once in the ride...and she ended up enjoying it. Of course.

I think after this we ended up heading for the front of the park as we had a 12pm reservation at Tony's Town Square.

This was our first time eating here and we were looking forward to some nice warm Italian food. While it was nice and the food was okay, I think for Italian we'd still prefer Mama Melrose or heading to EPCOT. Still it was good to finally try it.

After this I think we had one last ride on the Jungle Cruise, did some shopping and then said goodbye to the Magic Kingdom for good this year!

Old 04-22-2010, 01:23 PM   #26
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Aww....I love movie night! It is fun to just have a relaxing down day sometime during the trip. The kids look so cute all settled in to watch their movie
Thanks! I think your profile photo looks a lot like another photo I took at the MK that day:

Old 04-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #27
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Smile Dec 12th - Last day of the trip

Ah...the dreaded last day of the trip. At least our flight was not until about 6pm that day...but it still meant leaving the parks by 3:30pm or so to give us time to get to the airport.

Last park choices are always either EPCOT or Studios because they usually offer good choices in parking if there early enough. We decided on EPCOT.

So I don't remember what we accomplished at EPCOT. I'm sure there was some shopping...at Mousegear of course. I know we had a 12pm reservation with Chef Remy and that was what I was looking forward to the most...meeting the Chef! I seem to recall we did Spaceship Earth, the kids wanting to stay and play the games there, but us saying we had places to be and we'd come back to that. This would come back to haunt us later.

Lunch was very good...I do remember that. We all got the 3-course lunch and enjoyed it. Meeting Chef Remy was very cool as well. I was glad that we made the time to do that.

It seemed like we were heading back to the front of the park when the kids begged to ride Imagination...another favorite. No sooner did we get in the line but it broke down. We waited. And waited. Probably a good 15 minutes later nothing seemed to be happening...and we were in line watching. We started to leave the line and just as we did...the ride started to move. At that time we gave the kids a choice. We could stay and ride it...but then the promise of playing games at Spaceship Earth on the way out could not be kept. I'm pretty sure crying was involved...but we did ride it.

On our way out of the park, we took some photos:

Then it was off to the airport to catch our flight home!

Old 04-23-2010, 12:43 PM   #28
lledman
DIS Veteran

Great trip report - thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear about your laptop. I always hate the last day at the parks - I wish life could be just one big Disney vacation.
May 2011 with the in-laws
January 2012 - no husbands allowed

Best Friends Take on the World - October 2012 PTR

Old 04-23-2010, 06:15 PM   #29
J&K'sPrincessMommy
DIS Veteran

Great trip report Dina!
It sounds like we tour very similarly too- gotta be DOING sometihng when you are in the World!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: