Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2010, 05:16 PM   #46
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

I am going to try on my dress tomorrow!!! No real fitting just seeing my actual dress in the colours I want for the first time I'll have pictures up soon of me in my dress instaed of the lovely model lady

So excited!!
Old 01-21-2010, 06:47 PM   #47
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.

Can't wait to see the dress! Good luck tomorrow.
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2010, 04:59 PM   #48
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Me
and my sister

did I forget to mention she's my identical twin?
Me from the side
and me from the back
Old 01-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #49
*Pixiedust1438*
DIS Veteran

I love the back, it looks so nice on you. I like the BM dresses also, they complement your dress perfectly!
89'Polynesian 91'Caribbean Beach/Polynesian 95'Polynesian 99'BeachClub/Polynesian/Contemporary 00'Polynesian 02'Caribbean Beach 05'Contemporary 06'All Star Sports 08'All Star Movies 09'Disney Wonder 10'Pop Century 11'Grand Floridian/Wilderness Lodge & Wedding
13'All Star Movies
*Pixiedust1438* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:57 PM   #50
redlight
DIS Veteran

Hi Samantha! I like your dress! I'm also jealous of your hair. When I saw the picture of your sister, I thought it was another of you.

Amy
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:19 AM   #51
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Samantha! I like your dress! I'm also jealous of your hair. When I saw the picture of your sister, I thought it was another of you.
Thanks! I love my hair I'll have it down and curly (like it isn't always) for the wedding!

I realized a few days ago that I had not mentioned that my sister was my twin so I thought it would be fun to introduce it with a picture!
Old 01-23-2010, 06:15 AM   #52
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.

Haha that was a good way of introducing your sister. It was totally a " what the? " moment. Lovely dress choices.
Pirate's Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:09 AM   #53
Bridie1996
Mouseketeer

HI! I thought I'd stop by here after I saw your comment on my TR. Congrats and it looks like you're moving right along with your plans.

You'll love Patricia, she is great. If you're not having a trial run, be sure to bring inspiration pics from magazines or the internet. I actually took my pictures to my own hairstylist and discussed them with her and asked " so what do I tell the lady @ disney, what words do I use in hair stylist lingo?" I told Patricia exactly what my stylist said, and my hair came out perfect.

ANother tip- to get the most bang for your buck. You said you're using Randy. We had to okay it with him first, but so as not to lose the Disney photographer we got with the escape package we used him as primary and Regina as the secondary. She focused on photojournalisitc shots of the ceremony and the guests. Not all outside photographers are okay with having a disney photographer there as well, but Randy is. So when you discuss photography with your planner, you might want to see if you can keep your Dis photographer while also using Randy! Then, when you talk to him make sure he is still okay with doing this.

And as for commemorating a lossed loved one... we didn't mention ours in the ceremony, but we did mention them in our program. We made our own, and on the last page there was a "we remember" section. My younger sisteer was listed there along with DH's grandfathers, my grandfather and uncle. It worked out well. One thing I've seen before is people have had photographs of loved ones on a side table with a vase of flowers at the ceremony.

Just some thoughts. Good luck and enjoy the planning!

Escape Planning Journal

]
Bridie1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:12 AM   #54
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Love the dress!! You looked beautiful!!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #55
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Love the dress!! You looked beautiful!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Haha that was a good way of introducing your sister. It was totally a " what the? " moment. Lovely dress choices.
It was my only chance for a slightly evil twin moment!

Quote:
You'll love Patricia, she is great. If you're not having a trial run, be sure to bring inspiration pics from magazines or the internet. I actually took my pictures to my own hairstylist and discussed them with her and asked " so what do I tell the lady @ disney, what words do I use in hair stylist lingo?" I told Patricia exactly what my stylist said, and my hair came out perfect.
I am doing a trial on Friday before the wedding and I do plan on talking to my hairstylist here before as well. As you can tell from the pictures I have a LOT of hair.

Quote:
ANother tip- to get the most bang for your buck. You said you're using Randy. We had to okay it with him first, but so as not to lose the Disney photographer we got with the escape package we used him as primary and Regina as the secondary. She focused on photojournalisitc shots of the ceremony and the guests. Not all outside photographers are okay with having a disney photographer there as well, but Randy is. So when you discuss photography with your planner, you might want to see if you can keep your Dis photographer while also using Randy! Then, when you talk to him make sure he is still okay with doing this.
We are using both Randy and Disney's photographer with Disney's photographer doing the photojournalistic style just like you did.

Quote:
And as for commemorating a lossed loved one... we didn't mention ours in the ceremony, but we did mention them in our program. We made our own, and on the last page there was a "we remember" section. My younger sisteer was listed there along with DH's grandfathers, my grandfather and uncle. It worked out well. One thing I've seen before is people have had photographs of loved ones on a side table with a vase of flowers at the ceremony.
I think we're now doing an empty chair with an extra bouquet on it for everyone who can't make it, living and dead. I stole the idea from a pj I read (can't remember who's sorry!) We're not doing any programs as there will only be 8 guests total an I really don't want to name names as I want the day to be as much about happy and us as it can be... not sure if that's selfish but I cry trying to explain what I want to do for those not present and I want to cry as little as possible on my wedding day!

Last edited by TinkLoverSam; 02-05-2010 at 11:48 PM.
TinkLoverSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:44 PM   #56
CelticBelle
I think my favorite is a phone ringing
Thats me too! the cat herder!

hi there!

I love your dress. it looks great!

I loved the introduction of your sister. I immediately thought...whoa they look so much alike, i wonder if theyre twins.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:48 PM   #57
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
hi there!

I love your dress. it looks great!

I loved the introduction of your sister. I immediately thought...whoa they look so much alike, i wonder if theyre twins.
Thanks!
Old 01-31-2010, 08:33 PM   #58
pink_tink8i8
DIS Veteran

Everything looks great so far!

pink_tink8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:38 PM   #59
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_tink8i8 View Post
Everything looks great so far!
Thanks!
Old 02-05-2010, 11:39 PM   #60
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Tomorrow (today according to the time post on my post ) is my ADR booking day... well it's my first ADR booking day, then I have another one as I am there for 5 nights at the YC then 18 nights at Pop, and then I'm not sure if I can do mroe than 1 booking a day or if I'll have to do the last 8 days day by day... we'll see.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: