Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #16
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Pixiedust1438* View Post
Hi Sam! I just joined the boards also and am enjoying reading other brides who just started PJ's. Your plans sound great! You have so much done already! Congratulations on your LOA! I love your dress!
THANKS!!! I LOVE red so I knew I was going to have red in my dress, I nearly went for an entirely red dress but we all loved this one when I tried it on.

I've been planning since about June last year when I brought the idea up to my parents and they it which kinda shocked me but I'm so happy we can actually do stuff now

I'll post pics (or links as I have SUCH good luck with pics see above) of the shoes I ordered to go to go with my dress. They're higher heels than I had planned but I really like them and they were on clearance
Old 12-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #17
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Shoes and Invitations

So I got the shoes I ordered and they're really pretty. I don't have a photo of them yet but as soon as I do I'll post it here. (if of course I can actually make it work fingers crossed)

We also went to Michaels and I had WAY too much fun picking out stuff to make our invitations with.

I have never been a scrapbooker but OMG I could spend WAY too much money there if I was... and I think I'm going to have to make a scrapbook for the wedding as there is too much stuff I would love to buy there.

Last edited by TinkLoverSam; 12-26-2009 at 01:57 PM.
TinkLoverSam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #18
weedee
I wanna go back to Disney already...

Hi Sam! Just started reading your PJ, everything sounds great - congrats on the engagement! Yay for your dress coming in!
Old 12-26-2009, 01:57 PM   #19
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Yay! I have pictures now.. Whoops gotta learn to size!
Old 12-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #20
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Hair and Make-up Changes

I am now having my hair and makeup done in my room by Patricia LeJeune and my sister will have her hair and makeup done in my room by her as well.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:51 PM   #21
*Pixiedust1438*
DIS Veteran

I really like everything you bought for the invitations! You will deff. have to post a picture of one when it is complete. I like the idea of doing your own. I also plan on doing a lot of my own stuff. It is cheaper and fun!
89'Polynesian 91'Caribbean Beach/Polynesian 95'Polynesian 99'BeachClub/Polynesian/Contemporary 00'Polynesian 02'Caribbean Beach 05'Contemporary 06'All Star Sports 08'All Star Movies 09'Disney Wonder 10'Pop Century 11'Grand Floridian/Wilderness Lodge & Wedding
13'All Star Movies
*Pixiedust1438* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #22
Boston Disney Bride
DIS Veteran

You are so organized! Congrats on engagement...it's hard when you are not close with DF family...I have the same issue....your attitude of c'est la vie is the best to have because we can't do anything to change them. It is definitely frustrating and difficult at times thought, I know first hand.

I look forward to following your progress! Happy new year!!

Childhood Trips 1987-2008 <Original Port Orleans, All Star Sports, Pop Century>
Married on Disney Boardwalk June 2010 <POFQ>
Babymoon Trip Dec 2010 <Pop Century>
First trip as family of 3 April 2013 <PORS>
5th Anniversary Trip Sept 2015 <BLT>
Boston Disney Bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #23
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Pixiedust1438* View Post
I really like everything you bought for the invitations! You will deff. have to post a picture of one when it is complete. I like the idea of doing your own. I also plan on doing a lot of my own stuff. It is cheaper and fun!

Quote:
You are so organized! Congrats on engagement...it's hard when you are not close with DF family...I have the same issue....your attitude of c'est la vie is the best to have because we can't do anything to change them. It is definitely frustrating and difficult at times thought, I know first hand.

I look forward to following your progress! Happy new year!!
Thanks you guys! I am nervous about making the stuff as I feel I have a really good eye for picking stuff out but the actual artistic stuff... Not so great. Hopefully they turn out ok. Thanks for posting.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:27 PM   #24
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

No real updates as I am waiting to hear from Disney after the Holidays for my planner. I want to let them know I'm also going to have Randy photographing the wedding (hopefully) before I book Randy.

I received a call just before Christmas from the LeJeunes so they are definate for hair and makeup for my sister and me and I'll have to send them a deposit in the first few weeks of the New Year (where did my money go???)

We have sent a deposit to Ron Rosenzweig for the ceremony with a hopeful change to his standard ceremony. So that's mostly paid for. I got an email from him today confirming he had received the money order. Which is good as I had forgotten to keep my part of the money order and if it got lost we wouldn't be able to trace it... well at least I'm pretty right?

Now to hit the gym before the wedding dress store opens in about a week so the dress looks even better
Old 12-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #25
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

I just had to post because I FINALLY figured out how to put my PJ in my siggy... yeah and again with the pretty.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:09 PM   #26
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Our Engagement Story

I was bored at work so I thought I'd post a little about us as I realize everyone else has. Whoops too excited about planning to tell about the people

I'm 24 and DF is 29 (30 in Feb). We met in Ottawa where we were both going to college, he is from the Niagra falls area (or that's where he did most of his growing up) and I'm born and raised in Ottawa. We had to volunteer at a function for one of our classes so we were helping pass out a toast for a theater's anniversary and went out for drinks after.

He asked my friend Sam (yes I know) for my number but as he was exiting a turbulent relationship at the time she wouldn't give it to him. The next semester we had ALL of our classes together so we started hanging out and then dating. We moved across the country and in together about 7 months later and have been together in calgary ever since!

And now for the porposal...

We were going to spend a long weekend in Wistler and Vancouver and the day before we were leaving I checked our (joint) credit card to make sure it was all paid off before we left. I started freaking out as there was a charge from a jewlery store I hadn't been to in almost a year on the card. He pulled me aside (we were both at work - we worked together at the time) and told me I had ruined the surprise and pulled out a ring box.

Yeah I don't think I'm going to have many surprises... but maybe he'll surprise me!
Old 12-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #27
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Why a Disney Wedding

I had been looking into Disney Weddings for a while before we were actually engaged. Once we were engaged we started talking about locations and we were thinking about a Vegas wedding (as the hotel that I work for also runs the Planet Hollywood resort there) and I said hey then we can honeymoon in Disneyland, but you know it's small so then maybe we can go to Disney World for the rest of the honeymoon. Then DF utteres the words that made my dream come true, "why don't we jsut get married at disney world".

Done! and the rest is history, or at least my PJ.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:05 PM   #28
*Pixiedust1438*
DIS Veteran

Your engagement story sounds like something I would pull, I completley contol DF's money! lol. I pay all his bills and always know his account balances! I know it's a little overbearing, but he's a little shall we say irresponsible with money. Dinner at Victoria and Albert's sounds so nice. I haven't came across any other disbrides doing that after. Will you and your guests just be having dinner, or will there be dancing, cake, etc.? Can't wait to here more!
89'Polynesian 91'Caribbean Beach/Polynesian 95'Polynesian 99'BeachClub/Polynesian/Contemporary 00'Polynesian 02'Caribbean Beach 05'Contemporary 06'All Star Sports 08'All Star Movies 09'Disney Wonder 10'Pop Century 11'Grand Floridian/Wilderness Lodge & Wedding
13'All Star Movies
*Pixiedust1438* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:04 AM   #29
Nitsa
All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them

Congratulations from a fellow Canadian bride I was really excited when you posted on my pj about you being another V&A bride...I can assure you after the meeting that I had with them that your evening will be absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to hear more about your plans!
Nitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:58 PM   #30
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsa View Post
Congratulations from a fellow Canadian bride I was really excited when you posted on my pj about you being another V&A bride...I can assure you after the meeting that I had with them that your evening will be absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to hear more about your plans!
Thanks! Your plans look beautiful as well. I believe we will be doing the Chef's Table at V&As now as neither of my grandmothers are going to make it. Have you been to the Chef's Table before?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: