Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2010, 07:54 AM   #46
tinkandonaldfans
DIS Veteran

OK, so Disney decided to mess with my carefully thought out plan by sticking a stupid minimum of $7,500 on any private catered meal including Dessert Parties!

So I have had to rethink a few things! On our original budget we were going to spend $1,000 on the DP and around $1600 for the dinner and drinks so a $7,500 could be easily covered! But my original plan was to eat at the Yachtmans Steakhouse which apparently doesn't count!

So in a bid to keep to budget I have been scouring to find an alternative reception venue. I wanted to keep the plans the same and have minimal gaps in between things but this just didn't work so I have had to compromise! (compromise and weddings don't go together do they?)

So here is my new idea (james hasn't paid much attention to this part yet)

12pm Ceremony at SBP
1-1:30 - Remaining photos (thinking of extending package by an hour, but don't know yet)
2/2:30 - 4/4:30 - Reception at The Attic
5-7:30- A break for anyone who needs it or a drinking session somewhere
7:30pm Meet for DP at Morocco

Picking the food for the buffet is going to be hard as I want the food to be as nice as possible but can't taste it before hand. So if anyone wants to advise me of dishes that they really enjoyed and ones that were not so nice then please feel free to mention!

Oh and I promise to get a picture of our STD. James has been hijacking the laptop to prepare for job interviews so have not chance to upload the photos!

Our Disney Wedding Planning Journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2346010
tinkandonaldfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:17 AM   #47
Boardwalk_bride
Married in WDW :)

I'm glad you found an alternative plan! The Attic looks so amazing in all the pics I have seen, so I am sure you'll be really happy in the long run!
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2010, 09:24 AM   #48
weedee
I wanna go back to Disney already...

the dress is gorgeous. I'm glad you were able to find an alternative that fits Disney's new rule. I think it sounds wonderful!
Old 03-01-2010, 10:43 AM   #49
Sarah84
DIS Veteran

Glad you have managed to think of something that will work for you know this new stupid min spend is in place.
April 2012: Disney World wedding & Mexico honeymoon
March 2013: Disneyland Paris July 2013: Las Vegas Jan 2014: Disney World & Disney cruise on The Magic
Sarah84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:27 AM   #50
*Pixiedust1438*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkandonaldfans View Post
OK, so Disney decided to mess with my carefully thought out plan by sticking a stupid minimum of $7,500 on any private catered meal including Dessert Parties!

So I have had to rethink a few things! On our original budget we were going to spend $1,000 on the DP and around $1600 for the dinner and drinks so a $7,500 could be easily covered! But my original plan was to eat at the Yachtmans Steakhouse which apparently doesn't count!

So in a bid to keep to budget I have been scouring to find an alternative reception venue. I wanted to keep the plans the same and have minimal gaps in between things but this just didn't work so I have had to compromise! (compromise and weddings don't go together do they?)

So here is my new idea (james hasn't paid much attention to this part yet)

12pm Ceremony at SBP
1-1:30 - Remaining photos (thinking of extending package by an hour, but don't know yet)
2/2:30 - 4/4:30 - Reception at The Attic
5-7:30- A break for anyone who needs it or a drinking session somewhere
7:30pm Meet for DP at Morocco

Picking the food for the buffet is going to be hard as I want the food to be as nice as possible but can't taste it before hand. So if anyone wants to advise me of dishes that they really enjoyed and ones that were not so nice then please feel free to mention!

Oh and I promise to get a picture of our STD. James has been hijacking the laptop to prepare for job interviews so have not chance to upload the photos!
I think this sounds great! The attic looks really cool. I am having a buffet and will be going down in December for a PS and to taste the food.. so I will take pictures and let you know what I thought about everything. I wasn't originally too thrilled that we had to have a buffet at first either, but then I saw pic's and menus of what is offered... and it put my mind at ease. The food will deff. be nice!
89'Polynesian 91'Caribbean Beach/Polynesian 95'Polynesian 99'BeachClub/Polynesian/Contemporary 00'Polynesian 02'Caribbean Beach 05'Contemporary 06'All Star Sports 08'All Star Movies 09'Disney Wonder 10'Pop Century 11'Grand Floridian/Wilderness Lodge & Wedding
13'All Star Movies
*Pixiedust1438* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:30 PM   #51
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

I'm sure you'll get great food without the tasting.
Chilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:47 AM   #52
tinkandonaldfans
DIS Veteran

Well after showing some pictures of possible locations for a reception I have been slightly persuaded against the attic. Nobody seems as keen on it as I am even James.

So I kind of think that it will be funny to have our reception at the St James' patio. James already thinks he's king of the world so to have room dedicated to him could be quite fitting. The room itself wasn't my idea of a location as I was worried it would too convention roomy but the outside might work. I showed a picture to my FMIL and she was keen on having it outside. I said I thought it was a little plain and that it would need a lot of money to decorate it but she said that she would like to help pay for it! So it might work after all and the plus side we could keep out 2:30pm ceremony time so we wouldn't have to worry about a massive break

Old 03-27-2010, 09:23 AM   #53
*Pixiedust1438*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well after showing some pictures of possible locations for a reception I have been slightly persuaded against the attic. Nobody seems as keen on it as I am even James.

So I kind of think that it will be funny to have our reception at the St James' patio. James already thinks he's king of the world so to have room dedicated to him could be quite fitting. The room itself wasn't my idea of a location as I was worried it would too convention roomy but the outside might work. I showed a picture to my FMIL and she was keen on having it outside. I said I thought it was a little plain and that it would need a lot of money to decorate it but she said that she would like to help pay for it! So it might work after all and the plus side we could keep out 2:30pm ceremony time so we wouldn't have to worry about a massive break
I'm not familiar with the St. James room, do you have any pictures you could post? I think it sounds very fitting for your df! It would be funny!
89'Polynesian 91'Caribbean Beach/Polynesian 95'Polynesian 99'BeachClub/Polynesian/Contemporary 00'Polynesian 02'Caribbean Beach 05'Contemporary 06'All Star Sports 08'All Star Movies 09'Disney Wonder 10'Pop Century 11'Grand Floridian/Wilderness Lodge & Wedding
13'All Star Movies
*Pixiedust1438* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:09 AM   #54
Buzzbride
Earning My Ears

Hi Laura,

This is my first post as new on here.
Really thought I should drop you a line as I am also planning to get married on September 12th 2011. We would like to get married at WP.
I've been been loving reading your posts, the proposal had me in tears.
Be really good to see what planning stage your up to as it gives me an idea of what I should be doing.

We have just started our evening invitations as we are having a reception when we get back to the UK.
We are also going on a 3 night Disney cruise, but going on the 15th as our reception is on the 24th.
We were thinking about the yachtsman at night but are undecided.
Might have bumped into each other in our dresses!
We seem to have similar ideas.
The dress you like is stunning.
I have chosen mine already, first one i tried on, it's a huge princess dress but i'm only doing it once so want the works.

In relation to your save the dates, no-one was really excited about ours either. My partners mum just took at and put it in her bag, never even said thanks, i was not a happy bunny.
But since my mam came to view our reception venue and I tried on my dress she's starting to get excited. My dad keeps buying things i like on ebay for me so he's also coming round to the idea.
Don't think anyone will be as excited as us but once we can all book i think i'll start to see some enthusiasm.
Well i can only hope!

Diane
Old 05-08-2010, 02:27 PM   #55
tinkandonaldfans
DIS Veteran

Our STD!

Well I have finally managed to get our pictures up of our STD's. After reading Hayley and Els planning journal I feel in love with their idea and asked James to help me. He bascially copied it but I loved it so much I didn't want to change it so I apologise to Hayley in advance!
[IMG]

Old 05-08-2010, 02:40 PM   #56
tinkandonaldfans
DIS Veteran

Well since I last popped in I have been doing some adding up and it seems I may have added a few too many things to our list becuase when I showed the total he did this

We were hoping to have 90% of our wedding money saved by this Christmas but now we are not so sure. My dreams of staying at the Yacht Club are being compromised at the moment! I guess we will have to see what happens.

I contacted Beaute Speciale for prices and am thinking of going for the airbrush makeup and getting my hair done with them. I don't when to book as I know she get booked up quick but if our dates change I am little worried about putting a deposit down.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #57
tinkandonaldfans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbride View Post
Hi Laura,

This is my first post as new on here.
Really thought I should drop you a line as I am also planning to get married on September 12th 2011. We would like to get married at WP.
I've been been loving reading your posts, the proposal had me in tears.
Be really good to see what planning stage your up to as it gives me an idea of what I should be doing.

We have just started our evening invitations as we are having a reception when we get back to the UK.
We are also going on a 3 night Disney cruise, but going on the 15th as our reception is on the 24th.
We were thinking about the yachtsman at night but are undecided.
Might have bumped into each other in our dresses!
We seem to have similar ideas.
The dress you like is stunning.
I have chosen mine already, first one i tried on, it's a huge princess dress but i'm only doing it once so want the works.

In relation to your save the dates, no-one was really excited about ours either. My partners mum just took at and put it in her bag, never even said thanks, i was not a happy bunny.
But since my mam came to view our reception venue and I tried on my dress she's starting to get excited. My dad keeps buying things i like on ebay for me so he's also coming round to the idea.
Don't think anyone will be as excited as us but once we can all book i think i'll start to see some enthusiasm.
Well i can only hope!

Diane
Glad you can make it to my planning journal. What time are you thinking of getting married on the 12th? Do you think you will definitley get married at WP. I would love it there its so pretty but just don't think I can afford it

Old 05-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #58
pink_tink8i8
DIS Veteran

very cute STDs!

pink_tink8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:41 AM   #59
tinkandonaldfans
DIS Veteran

Well I spoke to my anti Disney older sister the other day and she was surprisingly excited about the wedding. She has already picked her dress and when I told her about a potential fajita station at the reception she sounded very pleased.

As children we used to visit Disneyworld and she said the only thing she can remember about these holidays was having a character meal on a ferry boat where all the characters come to see you. Then I said that we could do one during the trip. She's so anti everything normal I thought this would never appeal but she got very excited!

This got me thinking about perhaps the wedding morning and an early ADR at Cape May Cafe for all the ladies! I think we will be staying at the Yacht or Beach club so not far to travel. Our ceremony is likely to be at 2:30pm and so far I am the only one getting my hair and makeup done so I reckon there will time to slip in some Mickey Waffles!

A lot of people are too nervous to eat on their wedding day but me and food could never be separated and my wedding day will be no exception! I think we could get a lot of great photos and the interaction will be fun!

DF doesn't like breakfast much so it might be a nice opportunity to stuff my face of waffles!

what do you all think? is it too much to add onto the wedding day?

Old 05-14-2010, 03:25 PM   #60
Buzzbride
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Glad you can make it to my planning journal. What time are you thinking of getting married on the 12th? Do you think you will definitley get married at WP. I would love it there its so pretty but just don't think I can afford it
Hi Laura,
Love your save the dates.
We would like to get married at 12pm or 10am, definitely having the wedding pavillion, so i promise not to steal your time at SBP!
As we aren't having a reception in Disney, we can justify the extra cost for WP.
Love SBP though, all the photo's i've seen are amazing.
I worry that WP is gonna look empty with just a few of us there but can't imagine marrying elsewhere.
Just can't wait till i can ring up and request our date.

Love your idea of a breakfast at Cape May, I love it there.
I quite fancy ohanas, but if we have to get married at 10am it'll be too tight.

Can't wait to hear all your other ideas, especially as we have the same time frame

Diane x

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: