Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2009, 07:13 AM   #1
tinkandonaldfans
DIS Veteran

Laura and James' SEPT 2011 Planning journal!! Updates 15th Jan

Introduction

Well as some of you may already be aware me and James have decided on a Disney Wedding but before I tell you all what we have planned I think we should introduce ourselves.

As the title suggests my name is Laura (25) and I live in the UK with my fiance James (26). I work at one of the English theme parks, Thorpe Park. My job is to answer all complaint letters and emails. You cannot believe the type of complaints I receive! This job was a result of being made redundant two years ago before everyone else started to get the chop here! Its not my dream job but it helps to pay the bills until I can learn to be a teacher!

James is a web developer who works in central London and is very talented! He is very dyslexic but computers just make sense to him and is always the one on call when someone needs to fix their computer.

We met just under 7 years ago at University and have been living together for around the last 4 years. We recently bought a flat (aka an apartment) and couldn't be happier.

In September we enjoyed our third trip to the world together and ate until we burst( ahh the joys of free dining)! After dinner at MK it started to rain and so we took cover in the rose garden while we waited for spectromagic to begin. A disney photographer came down to get out the rain and James suggested we had our picture taken and then this happened.......

As soon as I saw that little blue box I cried like a baby! It was really wonderful and I love that we managed to get photos as well! After I eventually composed myself we watched spectro and Wishes which made me cry again. I now can't watch wishes without crying even if i hear the music or see a clip on youtube i start welling up! When we got back to the AKL these were waiting for me

James likes to remind me just how much these cost when he's in trouble!

Our Disney Wedding Planning Journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2346010

Last edited by tinkandonaldfans; 01-15-2011 at 12:32 PM.
tinkandonaldfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:14 AM   #2
tinkandonaldfans
DIS Veteran

The Wedding

When we were trying to decide where to have our wedding the key things that were important to us were that it was a small wedding and something very different. I had it in my head that I didn't want to spend all this money on something that everyone has seen time and time again. I wanted a wedding that everyone talked about years later.

Unfortunately my dad has a very serious condition of long pockets and short arms so we will be paying for our wedding ourselves! Our budget is very important but I do want to embellish on a few things to make it the unforgettable wedding I had in mind!

So here is what I have in the running (James has been a typical man and has been very uninterested so had to make a few decisions myself- I did ask for his input but Call of Duty was seemingly more interesting)

We hope to have:

-An Escape Wedding
-Our Location will be Sea Breeze Point
-Our Ceremony time will be 2:30pm( how will i cope with waiting so long)
-After the ceremony we will all walk over to the Yacht Club and have a few drinks followed by an early diner seating at Yachtmans Steakhouse
- Hoping our guests don't eat themselves sick with steak we will then have a Dessert Party in Morroco
-There will be 13-16 guests including us (this depends on whether James' dad will come with James' younger half brother and sister)
-All the guests will be family and their partners. No young children but there is still 18 months before our wedding so you never know! That will bring a question mark to the plan!
- Oh and we will be having it in September (love going this time of year- always quiet and hot) and hopefully we will be able to get free dining for everyone!

I really like this plan as we will be able to go from one thing to the next and not have too much time hanging around. Plus I will be able to wear my dress the entire time! Very excited about that. Im not a attention kind of person but going into Epcot in my dress and everyone looking sounds like fun!

Now it may seem like I have already planned everything but I needed to work out how much this would cost so we could save accordingly! You might be able to tell that I'm the sensible one in the relationship. If James had it his way he would spend all our money on a Lego robot and an another apple laptop!

Hayley and Els pj has inspired me with her Save the Date plane ticket idea so I have showed James and asked him to come up with something similar! This is where he comes in handy!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
Sarah84
DIS Veteran

Hello from another (hopefully) UK Disney bride

Congratulations on your engagement & upcoming Disney wedding, I also got engaged this september Like you i'm planning on an Escape wedding at Sea breeze point.

James does remind me of my finace Darren who has also shown no interest in thinking up plans or even helping with decisions, his normally too busy on the PS3 so it's all down to me but i'm not one to complain i do like doing the planning so it kind of suits me that way

Look foward to reading more...
April 2012: Disney World wedding & Mexico honeymoon
March 2013: Disneyland Paris July 2013: Las Vegas Jan 2014: Disney World & Disney cruise on The Magic
Sarah84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
tinkandonaldfans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
Hello from another (hopefully) UK Disney bride

Congratulations on your engagement & upcoming Disney wedding, I also got engaged this september Like you i'm planning on an Escape wedding at Sea breeze point.

James does remind me of my finace Darren who has also shown no interest in thinking up plans or even helping with decisions, his normally too busy on the PS3 so it's all down to me but i'm not one to complain i do like doing the planning so it kind of suits me that way

Look foward to reading more...
Congratulations! You are my first poster! Glad to hear about another UK bride

Old 12-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #5
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink

Awwww lovely! Another uk bride here! Were planning an escape wedding for the 9th December 2010 and were also hoping to have a dessert party in Morroco too :-) I'm looking forward to Reading more!
gemmybear83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:58 PM   #6
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good

Hiya!

Fellow London Bride here! I love thorpe park! Not as good as Disney though hehe!!

Cnat wait to hear all your plans!
malibustacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:48 PM   #7
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Another 2011 bride!

Congrats on your engagement, it sounded lovely. Did James organise for the photographer to "appear" or was that just lucky?

My DF is a call of duty fan too, he gave me a wii for my birthday, so I've bought him a heap of Call of Duty games to go with it for Christmas (It's so close now! Yay!) So I'm expecting to get a lot of planning done while he's shooting away!
Old 12-09-2009, 04:15 AM   #8
tinkandonaldfans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemmybear83 View Post
Awwww lovely! Another uk bride here! Were planning an escape wedding for the 9th December 2010 and were also hoping to have a dessert party in Morroco too :-) I'm looking forward to Reading more!
Thanks for joining. Was slightly concerned no one would read it!

Old 12-09-2009, 04:23 AM   #9
tinkandonaldfans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibustacey View Post
Hiya!

Fellow London Bride here! I love thorpe park! Not as good as Disney though hehe!!

Cnat wait to hear all your plans!
It is definitely not as good as Disney! Thanks for joining

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
Another 2011 bride!

Congrats on your engagement, it sounded lovely. Did James organise for the photographer to "appear" or was that just lucky?

My DF is a call of duty fan too, he gave me a wii for my birthday, so I've bought him a heap of Call of Duty games to go with it for Christmas (It's so close now! Yay!) So I'm expecting to get a lot of planning done while he's shooting away!
James dragged me around all day to different spots in MK like the fountain etc as apparently he wanted to ask that day but hadn't decided when or where. He was taking me to all the places that he thought were romantic but said nothing felt right until he saw the photographer come down. He hadn't organised it, it just was luck! Who would have thought rain in Disney would be a good thing?

Once he has call of duty you will definitely not get any sense out of him.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:43 AM   #10
ChocoKat
Is there a 12 step program for Disney Addicts?

Congratulations and welcome!
I love your engagement story, you two are so cute together!
Your plans sound lovely, can't wait to hear more!
ChocoKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:21 AM   #11
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Looking forward to hearing more.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:17 PM   #12
*Pixiedust1438*
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! Sounds like you already have a lot planned! I am hoping for 2011 also. Everything sounds great, looking forward to hearing more!
89'Polynesian 91'Caribbean Beach/Polynesian 95'Polynesian 99'BeachClub/Polynesian/Contemporary 00'Polynesian 02'Caribbean Beach 05'Contemporary 06'All Star Sports 08'All Star Movies 09'Disney Wonder 10'Pop Century 11'Grand Floridian/Wilderness Lodge & Wedding
13'All Star Movies
*Pixiedust1438* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:34 PM   #13
mcarthur205
DIS Veteran

Your engagement story is lovely, rain can be good sometimes! We had an escape VR at SBP in April this year, dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse afterwards and a Wishes Cruise on the Grand 1. It was an amazing day!

Looking forward to hearing more about your plans.
1991 & 1993 offsite 1997 Caribbean Beach Resort 1999 Coronado Springs Resort 2000 Port Orleans Resort 2002 Wilderness Lodge 2004 Dolphin 2006 Boardwalk Villas 2007 Dolphin 2008 Saratoga Springs Resort 2009 Beach Club Villas 2010 Saratoga Springs Resort 2011 offsite

mcarthur205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #14
weedee
I wanna go back to Disney already...

Congrats on your engagement! Your plans sound awesome, can't wait to hear more!
Old 12-26-2009, 02:11 PM   #15
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Your plan sounds lovely! Another Boardwalk Area bride here as I have chosen the Wedding Gazebo at the Yacht Club for our Escape Wedding.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: