Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 09:09 AM   #256
RocklandRVers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Fish View Post
I reck'n it really does take a Rocket Scientist to figure out, "well, we finally over priced ourselves,,so lets LOWER prices (taxes,etc.) and that'll start them spending again"
But how in the heck can the smartest among these MORONS ,be it Disney or goverment, look at each other and say "wow, no one is spending, lets raise the prices" and honestly believe that will get people to spend !!!
THESE PEOPLE ARE FREAK'N NUTTS !!!
Can you imagine if they cut taxes by $800 billion and put that money directly into our hands? Talk about stimulus! WHOOSH! People would be buying new houses and cars and Disney would be full of guests. All they did was filter the money through middlemen who took a big chunk of it as their cut. The middlemen are sometimes called the government workers in the bureaucracy. People need to wake up that simple solutions are always the best. When anyone tries to tinker with something so complex as the economy with a little here and little there its just a waste and open to lots of mischief!
Old 01-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #257
MadFF
Mouseketeer

Stop, stop, stop! No political talk! Last thing I want to do when I come here is read political commentary.

(I know, I know... it is hard sometimes to keep on topic)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #258
RocklandRVers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadFF View Post
Stop, stop, stop! No political talk! Last thing I want to do when I come here is read political commentary.

Sorry was hoping cash for clunkers would expand to cash for new RVs.

Anyway TCD sure got our attention with this thread and some great undercover photos. Can't wait until his next adventure.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:14 PM   #259
truck1
Growing older but not up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCamper View Post
Truck1 I worked for the company in the 80's we did 3 day at Disney U we had to know eveything about Disney and the company.
I didnt know they had a 3 day. I was there in the mid 90s. Started in the MK parking lot as a cr then moved to busses ft, as a cordinator,trainer and superbus driver/trainer.It was the same thing for us. We had to know everything, if not how to find out.
Anything has to be better then the present 1 day and out.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:00 PM   #260
Ziggie
Gets "ziggie with it" for Disney
The TF is inspired by Ziggie!!!
Winner of the "Who's been extra nice on the boards this week" Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-circle-D View Post
River Country was Walt Disney World’s first waterpark. It opened in 1976, and closed for the final time in 2001. Since 2001, the area has sat virtually *****turbed. The slides and pools remain in place.
Absolutely faaabulous pics! I loved seeing how RC looks today. Almost looks as if one of our more determined hurricanes has struck.

Kudos on your great work and thanks so much for sharing it with us

Old 01-14-2010, 06:18 PM   #261
Born 2 Fish
I'D RATHER BE FISHING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadFF View Post

Uhhh,,sorry,,but hey, I did throw Disney in there too !

Old 01-15-2010, 09:25 AM   #262
JKMJ441724
Um, I'm going to go with "NO."

My first post on the camping forum!!!

My husband and I went to RC close to 15 years ago. We don't have a single picture to prove it.

I would love to see more more pictures from the good ole' days if you guys have any (and if you don't care for the thread to be hi-jacked). Or point me to another thread. Getting very nostolgic.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #263
flamtap
planning first trip with kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMJ441724 View Post
I would love to see more more pictures from the good ole' days if you guys have any
Now that I have 10 posts I can get these on here...

Here are some we dug up from early 1982 (during the "TenCennial" celebration, I think.)

I obscured some faces so family members don't come after me!

flamtap
Old 01-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #264
BradyBz12
1340.63 miles too far from the Fort

Great pics - thanks for sharing!
Old 01-15-2010, 08:39 PM   #265
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

River Country I really wish it would be re-opened. Of all the times I've been to disney I remember it being open only once, and then they closed it I would have loved to have been able to visit it more then once

Old 01-15-2010, 10:18 PM   #266
Ziggie
Gets "ziggie with it" for Disney
The TF is inspired by Ziggie!!!
Winner of the "Who's been extra nice on the boards this week" Award

Thanks for sharing the pics! At the time, I remember RC as being something so different from my "big city" world.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:43 PM   #267
SandrA9810
DIS Veteran

I've talked to a lot of people about the different kinds of CM's you'll come across.

The ones that are there for a paycheck are the ones that'll do what they need to do.
The ones that make the magic are the ones that love the company for what Walt wanted it to be. They're the ones that take pride in everything they do, and go out of their way to make everything special.

When I attended traditions in 2006, it was one day... partial day cause half way through you meet up with some one from your department to go get costumes. Your second day is spent in the park that you'll be working at. I did DAKlamations and Once Upon a Time is now, neither one of them I felt I learned ANYTHING from.

It's amazing how many cast members that work there, that can't even tell you the names of characters from classic movies, or even what movie they're from. I always get Foulfellow and Gideon mixed up.

I grew up going to Disney at least once a summer. We stayed off site, and only visited the Magic Kingdom. If we ever visited RC or DI, I don't remember it. But I do remember having a character breakfast on the Impress Lilly.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:03 PM   #268
asianway
Kungaloosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamtap View Post
Now that I have 10 posts I can get these on here...

Here are some we dug up from early 1982 (during the "TenCennial" celebration, I think.)

I obscured some faces so family members don't come after me!

flamtap
The second and fourth pictures are not RC, they are from the original Polynesian feature pool(before the current volcano pool), you can see the longhouses in the background. Nice memories!

Last edited by asianway; 01-15-2010 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Hit reply too soon
Old 01-16-2010, 12:55 AM   #269
Inkmahm
Disney nut

I visited River Country back on spring break in college- 1978 or 1979. I remember a beach where there were volleyball nets, too. I'm sure I have pictures but they are buried in a photoalbum somewhere in the dark depths of the closet.

I think the bathrooms from RiverCountry are still in use. We did the Segway tour there last year and the bathrooms still said something about River Country, from what I remember.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:50 PM   #270
NedsTJ
Only 5.67E+06 feet from MK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
I think the bathrooms from RiverCountry are still in use. We did the Segway tour there last year and the bathrooms still said something about River Country, from what I remember.
We did Mickey's Backyard BBQ about 2 years ago, and they made use of the main entrance to RC, and one of the buildings at the with the bathrooms. It was cool then to see the traces of an old favorite still there. We peeked thru the fences and I noticed a lot of the debris all over...you would think Disney would do a much better job at "hiding" that from the guests, LOL.

My guess is that Disney has plans for the area, and therefore isn't going to do anything with it until those plans are finalized. Why spend money tearing it down when there's no project yet to "charge" it against, LOL.

DisDad #535
Ned's Magic Kingdom Guidebooks from '72-'14

...as well as 12/12, 10/13, 4/14 and coming up 12/14 at GFV!
Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: