Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2009, 04:30 AM   #61
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

I've never thought of taking the Jungle Cruise at night but it sounds like fun. We'll have to try it next time!
Old 12-16-2009, 05:20 AM   #62
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
Yeah, there may be a changing of the guard on the top of DD's princess list.
However, Tiana is still new - let it sink in a bit and then we'll see who comes out on top!
The test will be when we head back to Disney.
Will DD be desperate to go to Ariel's Grotto or meet Tiana in Liberty Square (assuming she's still there)?
Tiana is definitely a hit with Brooklynn right now, too. She loved the movie and cried when it was over and we had to leave. She loves her 'Ariel Girl', but she is super excited to be seeing Tiana and the riverboat show in a couple of weeks!

So is her MeMom.

Wishes from Fantasyland is definitely a different experience. Not for the faint of heart.

Keep the pictures coming!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2009, 10:25 AM   #63
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

I agree SWSA can be a bit dark and scary for the younger set.

Hmmm... a night cap? Sure. I"m game.

Raining shells? WOW! That is just weird. and they collect them, even weirder.

I'm really excited about trying Jc at night! It's on my TOP 10 list for Sept. That along with Splash, and BTMRR.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:03 AM   #64
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

JC at night never thought of doing it before but now I will be sure to try it , sounds like alot of fun ! I'm not surprised that you food from Pinocchio's Village Haus was not very good , I think there one of the worst CS at the MK (IMO)! Your right I was disappointed on Wishes pictures I can understand wanting to take a brake from the camera & enjoy though My kids actually really like Snow White's Scary Adventures & they've been riding it every year since they were infants . lol Guess it depends on the child and we also watch the movie a lot
Old 12-16-2009, 12:40 PM   #65
thecapells
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
I've never thought of taking the Jungle Cruise at night but it sounds like fun. We'll have to try it next time!
Definitely a different experience and worth doing!
I made sure to take the kids at nite when we came back in November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Tiana is definitely a hit with Brooklynn right now, too. She loved the movie and cried when it was over and we had to leave. She loves her 'Ariel Girl', but she is super excited to be seeing Tiana and the riverboat show in a couple of weeks!

So is her MeMom.

Wishes from Fantasyland is definitely a different experience. Not for the faint of heart.

Keep the pictures coming!
We actually saw Tiana's Showboat Jubilee and met her in November.
That helped fuel DD's desire to see the movie.
But that's for the next trip report - you'll just have to stay tuned.
Know that both were alot of fun though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I agree SWSA can be a bit dark and scary for the younger set.

Hmmm... a night cap? Sure. I"m game.

Raining shells? WOW! That is just weird. and they collect them, even weirder.

I'm really excited about trying Jc at night! It's on my TOP 10 list for Sept. That along with Splash, and BTMRR.
Yeah, it was interesting to watch a CM running around collecting empty shells.
And even weirder to see/hear them landing in and around the crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightFamily06 View Post
JC at night never thought of doing it before but now I will be sure to try it , sounds like alot of fun ! I'm not surprised that you food from Pinocchio's Village Haus was not very good , I think there one of the worst CS at the MK (IMO)! Your right I was disappointed on Wishes pictures I can understand wanting to take a brake from the camera & enjoy though My kids actually really like Snow White's Scary Adventures & they've been riding it every year since they were infants . lol Guess it depends on the child and we also watch the movie a lot
It's my 2nd time at Pinocchio's - the 1st was with the kids last year.
Since they changed the menu, it's been pretty bad.
I didn't want to go this time but ran out of choices nearby.
And Columbia Harbour House closed down for the night.

As for Snow White, it's not a bad ride.
Just not for the wee ones IMHO.
I know my kids would've been a bit freaked out.
Then again, this is coming from the Dad who took his family on Pirates as their 1st ride ever in WDW.
DS (then 4) almost refused to ride any boat ride after that.
We had to struggle to get him on Small World!!
Old 12-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #66
thecapells
Disney Dad

I Be Done Seen About Everything…

After exiting Snow White, I wandered back into Fantasyland and noticed Dumbo lacking the usual long line.
So I jumped into the queue and noticed my family’s favorite sign:
“No Stupid Dancing”

and in less than 5-10 minutes, here I was:

I videotaped the flight of the pachyderm but it creates a nice sense of dizziness so I thought I’d spare you the experience.
Instead we’ll leave Dumbo with a fun topiary:

When Dumbo returned to Earth, the clock was ticking and I needed a fitting “Last Attraction of the Night.”
So I chose one of my Magic Kingdom favorites where there never seems to be a line – Philharmagic!!

I always have to take the “backside” of this sign

As usual, the queue was empty so I was able to have fun with the camera a bit:

And a couple from inside the Opera House awaiting the automagical doors

I overheard some people talking who had never experienced Philharmagic so I struck up a conversation with them.
I told them this is one of my favorite rides in Magic Kingdom and explained a bit about the attraction without giving away spoilers.
In return, they snapped my photo (and, of course, I needed the obligatory 3-D glasses pic)

After the show, I ran into the family again and they agreed that this was an awesome attraction and they were not let down.
As for me – it was almost time I turned into a pumpkin (or at least until my shuttle left the TTC).
So I headed back towards Main St.
However, I still had one more thing on my checklist.
Stay tuned for a Main Street Detour…
Old 12-19-2009, 01:31 PM   #67
thecapells
Disney Dad

Main Street Detour

Main Street near the closing of Magic Kingdom, as you can imagination, is very crowded.
You can get kind of get a sense of the crowds from this shot:

So as the sheep were herded towards the gate (“Baaaaaa!”), I snapped some Celebrate Today! decorations:

After checking my watch and doing some math, I realized I had a couple of minutes before the shuttle departed from the TTC.
So I decided to take a detour and explore something I’ve heard lots about on the DIS.
Welcome to Exposition Hall

I headed past the photo shop and into the back and it was literally empty.
It’s a nice little air-conditioned area with some old Walt Disney relics and then a movie-style room with some old cartoons playing.
In addition to the cartoons are several awesome photo ops:
Steamboat Willie

Snow White & the Seven Dwarves

Toy Story

101 Dalmations

Finally someone walked in to where I busy snapping away so I begged them for one photo of me.
Snow White was closest so consider me the eighth dwarf:

After wandering around some more, I finally headed out of the park and past the majestic railroad station.

Then I hopped the Express Monorail.
Time was getting short before the scheduled departure of my shuttle so I was a bit nervous.
I got to the TTC and asked a CM where the non-Disney resort shuttles were.
I had to walk across the parking lot and over to this area where there was a couple of benches.
Several other people were waiting and I asked them which resort they were going to.
Of course, no one was headed towards BVS.
I immediately got nervous.
About 15 minutes later (yes, 15 minutes past the scheduled time), the shuttle arrived.
I had watched several others come and go and was getting very nervous.
Finally the last one arrived and was destined for several non-Disney resorts.
This was fine but we then proceeded to sit in the parking lot for another 15-20 minutes.
Finally we departed and headed to the resort.
Luckily, my stop was first so I headed upstairs and crashed in my room.
It was probably around 12:30 by now but I set my alarm as I had a busy day tomorrow.
My plans were to hit two parks back-to-back and complete them both!
Can anyone keep up?
Old 12-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #68
MEK
DIS Veteran

I just found your TR and I am really enjoying it. I knew I was going to like it when I saw your introduction picture! I would love to take a work solo trip. I hope the conference doesn't cut into your Disney time too much! Too bad about the off site experience. I guess you can't complain too much, though, since it WAS a work trip.

Looking forward to reading more!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-19-2009, 07:29 PM   #69
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

I am keeping up Carry on.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:57 PM   #70
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

I don't know how I missed an installment, but I did. At any rate, it sounds like you had a really good day! The JC sounds like it was a really different experience at night. Piper is not a boat person at all for some reason, I think it's a control issue for her as she also isn't crazy about swings..or bike riding! So..to prep her for our trip..I ermm..I ahh...I'm almost embarassed to say...told her all the boat rides in WDW run on tracks! *insert sheepish look here* I'm hoping when she sees nothing dire happens to her on any of the boats, and when I tell her most of them weren't on tracks, she'll be more willing to try the real thing. Then again...she might just end up wanting to kill me and never believe anything I tell her ever again. We'll see I guess!
Old 12-19-2009, 08:16 PM   #71
thecapells
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I just found your TR and I am really enjoying it. I knew I was going to like it when I saw your introduction picture! I would love to take a work solo trip. I hope the conference doesn't cut into your Disney time too much! Too bad about the off site experience. I guess you can't complain too much, though, since it WAS a work trip.

Looking forward to reading more!
Yeah, that darn work kept getting in the way.
Luckily, I had a day and a half to play before the conference started!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
I am keeping up Carry on.
Glad to hear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipersmom View Post
I don't know how I missed an installment, but I did. At any rate, it sounds like you had a really good day! The JC sounds like it was a really different experience at night. Piper is not a boat person at all for some reason, I think it's a control issue for her as she also isn't crazy about swings..or bike riding! So..to prep her for our trip..I ermm..I ahh...I'm almost embarassed to say...told her all the boat rides in WDW run on tracks! *insert sheepish look here* I'm hoping when she sees nothing dire happens to her on any of the boats, and when I tell her most of them weren't on tracks, she'll be more willing to try the real thing. Then again...she might just end up wanting to kill me and never believe anything I tell her ever again. We'll see I guess!
Ooooh, that's sneaky.
She may not forgive you after that one...
Old 12-19-2009, 08:18 PM   #72
thecapells
Disney Dad

Lego Interlude

So I was finally able to upload DS’ Disney Tributes.
I just posted them to my last TR but I’ll put them here too in case no one is checking that one anymore.

Basically, when we got back from our quick Disney D-tour, DS (our resident LEGO Brickmaster), decided to recreate his favorite attractions.
He designed and built two of them and I convinced him to give a “tour” to show off all of the details.

First up was Spaceship Earth.
Here’s a video of DS explaining his construction complete with quotes he remembered from the ride
(and no I didn’t coach him at all)

And then it’s on to Germany and the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure!
Once again, the voicetrack was all him without any coaching.

So what does everyone think??
Is my boy destined to be the next great Imagineer or what?

While you guys contemplate that, I’ll get to work on Day Two of my Solo trip…
Old 12-19-2009, 08:35 PM   #73
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Do you have his app yet? So creative.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:35 PM   #74
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Great updates! Glad you hadn't missed your shuttle!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 12-20-2009, 08:08 PM   #75
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Well, I think I'm finally caught up from being gone at WDW this week. Sounds like you had a nice evening.

I've heard so many good things about the Jungle Cruise at night. I might just have to try it one of these days. I always figured that it would be too dark to see anything. Didn't realize that they had flashlights or spotlights.

That was nice that you got to get someone to take your picture at the Expo Hall. Great shot of you as the 8th dwarf.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: