Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2009, 11:44 AM   #1
Castaway Dave
"Earthlings have the worst sense of direction!"

DAP WEATHER: Updated 12/09/09 Last Update

Here is a 10 day forecast from weather.com.

Updated 12/09/09: Rain still in the forcast. THis is my last update to this thread. Leaving DFW Thursday at 12:50pm. See you there!!

Last edited by Castaway Dave; 12-09-2009 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Updating
Castaway Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:00 PM   #2
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

www.wftv.com is a great local weather station. I would bring warm and cool weather clothes.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
mikelan6
World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

Dressing in layers is best. That way, you can take things on/off as the temperature changes.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:41 PM   #4
Dodie
Survived the big crash
Has a personal link to Hugh Jackman
Babe, Im leaving, I must be on my way...

We never go in the winter either. I'm struggling with what to do with the layers that you take off or the layers that you may want to put on later. I'm used to only carrying a small bag. With fluctuations from 77 degrees to the low 50s, is a trip back to the resort to change at some point each late afternoon almost a requirement? If not - what do you do with your stuff?
Old 12-01-2009, 01:06 PM   #5
DVCsince02
Everyone knows is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodie View Post
We never go in the winter either. I'm struggling with what to do with the layers that you take off or the layers that you may want to put on later. I'm used to only carrying a small bag. With fluctuations from 77 degrees to the low 50s, is a trip back to the resort to change at some point each late afternoon almost a requirement? If not - what do you do with your stuff?
I believe your backpack from 1.0 will hold a change of clothes and small enough to not be in the way.

DVCsince02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:17 PM   #6
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me

The mornings and evening can be significantly cooler than the afternoons in December. Last year I wore shorts underneath some wind pants. In the afternoon when the temps went up I took off the windpants and stuck them in my backpack. Much more comfortable that way.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #7
Mrs D
I realize most people don't hear editing

I did 4 days at the world in early Feb this year. I'm excited to see that it should be warmer than that trip. I packed several pants/jeans, 2 pair shorts (did not wear them but may this time), both long and short sleeve shirts (can wear one or other or both!), zip up fleece jacket and rain jacket (I wore everything the day it POURED on us at Epcot).
We packed all extra clothing we needed into a single backpack and rented a locker each day. This allowed us to shed/add/replace wet clothing as needed.

HTH!

Mom/Son bday trip! 6/15**WDW, Frozen Summer Fun & Diagon Alley! Aug. '14*Ultimate Orlando w/WDW, WWoHP&Legoland + First DCL!!Jan '14**Princess Half Marathon Feb '12 AKV**Oct. 12 DL for Halloween Time!**Apr. 12 Pop/AKV, F&G fest+ 80th bday**Leap Day! 24hrs in MK & CR!**June 11-Pop & SWW**Oct. '10 Pixie Dust!Upgraded to GF!! Wine & Dine Half Relay!**Dec. 09 Christmas at Pop**Feb. 09 Girls Only BDAY trip@BWV!** Sept. 08 First trip for the little ones - VWL** Numerous trips throughout childhood.
Mrs D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #8
Renysmom
Just wondering what is going on
Something has to pay for my WDW trips LOL

Quote:
Lockers

WDW Oct 2005--WDW Dec 2006-- WDW Dec 2007--WDW/Wonder Cruise Oct 2008--WDW March 2009--WDW July 2009--WDW Oct 2009 -- Magic Western Cruise Nov 2009--WDW Dec 2009--WDW Aug 2010--WDW/Wonder Cruise Dec 2010--WDW April 2011--WDW Aug 2011--WDW/Dream Oct 2011--WDW Dec 2011--WDW April 2012--Fantasy Eastern Oct 2012-- WDW May 2013 -- Fantasy Western Sept 2014
Renysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #9
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCsince02 View Post
I believe your backpack from 1.0 will hold a change of clothes and small enough to not be in the way.
Great Minds think alike!
Old 12-01-2009, 02:19 PM   #10
parrotheadlois
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCsince02 View Post
wish we were there
Old 12-01-2009, 02:43 PM   #11
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelan6 View Post
Dressing in layers is best. That way, you can take things on/off as the temperature changes.
Ding Ding Ding
We have a winner!

This is the way to go. We've been doing WDW in early December for over 15 years and the word to describe the weather then is "variable". We actually have pictures from one visit where we are in shorts/t-shirts on one day and our shirts, sweatshirts and coats 2 days later.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #12
schoen
DIS Veteran

I too am a fan of the lockers. You will be chilly in the am, and then hot in the afternoon, and then chilly again at night. I always bring a lightweight hat and gloves too. 50 can be chilly when you are just sitting around waiting for wishes or illuminations.
schoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:05 PM   #13
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoen View Post
I too am a fan of the lockers. You will be chilly in the am, and then hot in the afternoon, and then chilly again at night. I always bring a lightweight hat and gloves too. 50 can be chilly when you are just sitting around waiting for wishes or illuminations.
A Viking Coffee can help you warm up for Illuminations.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:12 PM   #14
schoen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
A Viking Coffee can help you warm up for Illuminations.
lol! I can never snack at WDW I always eat so much at the meals that I am WAY too stuffed to snack on anything! Even coffee. It is a real problem for me...
schoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:19 PM   #15
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Quote:
We always make a point of going back to our resort in the afternoon. Even when the weather is more of a constant throughout the day and evening.

After being in a park for several hours, I'm ready to freshen up and put on some clean clothes. And, most days we park hop anyway

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dap, weather

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: