Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldn’t move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

Question MP3 players that work with Itunes?

Are there any MP3 players, that work with iTunes without the iPod price tag?

I have my 18 y/o son's - best friend - living with us now. His iPod got stolen. And you guys know how big music is for kids this age.

This year - I've got big presents going out for my husband, my youngest son, and my step son. I just can't afford to get another iPod, unless I got him the shuffle - but even *I* wouldnt really want the shuffle - KWIM?

Plus his birthday is December 6th - and poor kid needs a pair of shoes, bad. He's got holes all in them. And I was looking at a pair that's about $65, already.

Do any of the MP3's out work with iTunes?

TIA!
Old 11-29-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
OK!
Dreams in
Moral of the story: generic rum = bad
that was my holy grail of the whole sale!

Unfortunately, I don't believe so.

Edit: Actually, it looks like you can use some files that have been imported with iTunes on other mp3 players, but you can't sync them with iTunes. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but that's what Apple says. I don't know anything about other mp3 players, as all I've ever had has been iPhone/iPods, but I'm guessing what the article means is that you can import the files themselves into another program like WMP or whatever it is that players like the Zune use.

Hopefully somebody else can shed more light on this!
WDW: 1979, 1982, 1985, Nov. 1987, Aug. 1991 (Doubletree), May 1995 (Doubletree), Oct. 1997 (Dixie Landings), Nov. 2001 (Port Orleans Riverside), Dec. 2002 (Dolphin), Dec. 2004 (Port Orleans Riverside), Jan. 2006 (Beach Club Villas), Aug. 2006 (VWL/BCV), Dec. 2006 (BCV/BWV), Jan. 2008 (BCV): ˝ Marathon trip!, May 2008 (BCV): graduation trip!, Dec. 2008 (BCV), Jan. 2009 (BCV): ˝ Marathon trip!, May 2009: quickie weekend, Jan. 2010 (BWV): ˝ Marathon trip!, April 2010: 3 weeks in the World, Aug. '10: moved here for good
OK! is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #3
Cindy B
Have taken some furniture polish and sprayed it in the air, so it smells like I was cleaning
I have been known to eat cookies for dinner
Grew up on Stove Top Stuffing

Can you do a refurb Ipod? Or use the eduacator/education discount for Ipods? (I haven't used it in a while but it was for "any" k-12 student-- I'm sure you have one of those in your home!)

Lastly if you are a federal govt employee (or know one) there is a discount there as well.
Cindy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:17 PM   #4
LuvCuteBoys
Doing good is not a competition

I love my shuffle. I don't have music on my ITunes that I don't like, so the shuffle works fine.

When I'm working out, I have a playlist of workout music and I just resync it using the workout playlist.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:52 PM   #5
crazelion
Form feet and legs...form arms and body...and I'll form...THE HEAD!
Why did the monsters at the end of "Voltron" always get killed by the Blazing Sword?

Man know that told about woot.com they had a sansa 2g ref for 14.99 yesterday. Those things hold to. I wash and dry moms so I should know. Both my kids have sansa and they really good mp3player.

I check these sites woot.com , buy.com for deals now.

For shoes now Marshells, TJ. Maxx , Shoe Carival. They have shoes for cheap prices that are name brand. That's where buy all my work shoes at.

My air forces Nikes that is different story have go to Atlanta for them.

Thank You GumpyPirate
crazelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #6
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldn’t move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

Thank you for all the idea's. I do appreciate them.

Perhaps I will look into a refurb'd one.

And Tiffany, tell me more about the shuffle? You can't see anything, though - right? There's no display. So - let's say he had 'easy listening' and 'rap' play lists - he couldn't go between those two? He'd have to re-hook up to iTunes? Can you jump to the next song, at least? Or is it just PLAY and STOP?

I swear....these kids are eating me out of house and home. For real. My step-son moved in mayyyyybe 6 months or so ago. And I really wanted him here, and it's been great. Then my son's friend got kicked out (man, I hate his mother!!! ) and I was happy to have him here, too.

But geez - I didn't think it would raise my bills up that much, but it *HAS*!! A whole lot, really. I'm grocery shopping more than I ever did. And when I cook, we ALLLLLWAYS had leftovers (I tend to cook for an army!) Well, now the army lives here, and we have no leftovers.

It's just been rough, and as much as I SERIOUSLY considered buying the iPod Touch for the friend (as a combo b-day/x-mas gift) He still *needs* shoes, and some clothes, too. It just can't be done right now.

Blah....

Thank you again! Everyone!
Old 11-29-2009, 05:51 PM   #7
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

You are very considerate to even try to make this happen. Maybe a shuffle would do for now with something better a couple of years down the road?

On a side note: Does ANYONE have an easy listening and a rap playlist?
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: