Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2010, 08:41 PM   #91
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

What's a new pirate to do first, but go watch her captain teach her how to be a pirate?

and then in keeping with the pirate theme, a ride on Pirates of the Caribbean

Okay, so I just paid for all this make up, and my daughter requests a ride on Splash Mountain to apparently wash it all off

On the way we stopped to play with some friends, and had some of the best character interaction we had our whole trip. Just watch

Old 02-11-2010, 08:57 PM   #92
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

My daredevil daughter is, of course, thrilled to finally get her first ride on Big Thunder

After 2 rides on BTMR, we headed over to Splash. This is DS5's favorite ride. He made us ride this thing at least 20 times last trip.

This is the only issue DS had with us going to Disney without him....he didn't get to ride Splash, so Riley promised him she would take tons of pictures for him

After a ride on Splash, we were ready for lunch, and headed for Columbia Harbor House. It's our favorite counter service lunch in the MK. We grabbed a table by the window overlooking Haunted Mansion

After lunch we decided to head over to watch Hall of Presidents. This was the first time for us since the last trip it was closed to add President Obama.

Riley was asking for some Fantasyland rides, specifically Peter Pan, so we started to walk that way, stopping to catch the end of Tiana's Riverboat Show. Honestly, it was okay, but hearing that song 5 times a day or so gets a little old

We grabbed fastpasses for Peter Pan then walked over to Small World.

It's one of those rides that I just don't like, but it's such a classic that you have to ride it at least once a trip. And, we're riding every ride this trip, remember. Mark it off the list, Riley. Mommy does not want to do this one again!
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2010, 09:46 PM   #93
quest4dl
DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed Riley's pirate transformation! It seems so much more fun than BBB. I've also read several reports where the fairygodmothers were not that much in character but so far all the pirate reviews have been great! You're being a good sport letting Riley lead the way. I think I would have nixed the Splash ride after the pirate 'do' - though she does seem to have emerged unscathed.

WDW WL Villas March 2011
Disneyland Grand Californian June 2008
WDW AKL October 2004
WDW Polynesian March 2003
WDW Polynesian Concierge March 2001
WDW Beach Club May 1993

WDW April 1977, WDW August 1983, DL June 1981
Old 02-11-2010, 09:48 PM   #94
Bvcbell
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelley00 View Post
DS's endoscopy went off without a hitch yesterday. He actually woke up before even leaving the OR and was back in his room out of recovery 35 minutes from the time he left. He felt so good today he went back to school

What kinds of 14 year old wants to go to school when his parents have arranged for him to miss it!?!?!??! Weirdo

So now we are hunkered down and watching it snow like crazy. We're only supposed to get 8-10 inches, but things shut down here because we're just not used to getting that much. I've lived other places where we got lots of snow and it wasn't a big deal. I'm waiting for them to call the snow emergency so DH can stay home from work!

Since we have no plans and are hanging out, I've got time to update a little more.

Finally, Magic Kingdom!!
What 14 year old boy wants to go to school you ask? A boy with a girlfriend!! Ha! Loving your trip report!
Old 02-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #95
Disneymoon09
DIS Veteran

im so thankful that im not the only one who only rode IASW because i felt like i needed too. and promptly told DH that we never had to do it again! haha!

Dec 1996-Offsite (Give Kids the World Grounds)
Dec 2009- All Star Movies
Sept 2011 - POP
Nov 2013 - ASMo with BFF for Gingerbread 5k at GKTW!
Nov 2013- Beckett's First Trip!
May 2014- POP, leaving the kid at home!
Old 02-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #96
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Quote:
She looks great! So glad she came out of her shell and enjoyed it!

Quote:
On the way we stopped to play with some friends, and had some of the best character interaction we had our whole trip.
That was great; so fun!

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 02-12-2010, 07:44 PM   #97
StefaniLyn
DIS Veteran

I love Riley's pirate makeover! I have 3 princesses, but I think even they would enjoy that experience! Your photos are teriffic and you have me dying to know what happens in the secret room! Any hints?

Woody and Jesse look like they're having a wonderful time with Riley as well! I wish I had known we could meet them together!!!

Looking forward to reading more. And I'm hoping to get around to an update on my own TR tomorrow sometime too!
Old 02-12-2010, 09:53 PM   #98
disprincess2002
Mouseketeer

I am really enjoying your report. We are taking my dd7 on a birthday trip in 2 weeks, and we are getting soooo excited! I have the Pirate League booked on her Bday, so the pics of Riley are very encouraging that it will be awesome.
I must say all the shirts you made for her are adorable! I am totally not that put together, although your birthday girl shirt is giving me some ideas!:rolleyes

Our trips- CBR, OKW, POP, POP, CBR, POP, POR & POP

DH & Me DD11
Old 02-15-2010, 09:38 AM   #99
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest4dl View Post
I think I would have nixed the Splash ride after the pirate 'do' - though she does seem to have emerged unscathed.
We didn't all that wet, thankfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvcbell View Post
What 14 year old boy wants to go to school you ask? A boy with a girlfriend!! Ha! Loving your trip report!
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymoon09 View Post
im so thankful that im not the only one who only rode IASW because i felt like i needed too. and promptly told DH that we never had to do it again! haha!
It's a "one-ride-per-trip" ride for us A

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
She looks great! So glad she came out of her shell and enjoyed it!

I was so afraid she was going to be quiet the whole time.

That was great; so fun!

Denise
They were so great with her. There was no line behind us so she got a lot of attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefaniLyn View Post
you have me dying to know what happens in the secret room! Any hints?!
Can't tell. We are sworn to pirate secrecy

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincess2002 View Post
I must say all the shirts you made for her are adorable! I am totally not that put together, although your birthday girl shirt is giving me some ideas!:rolleyes
I didn't make the shirts. Chelley=no talent I had them made from etsy, and a couple I found on ebay or at the local consignment store.

Riley and I joined my mom in Chicago this weekend for a quick girls trip. It was a lot of fun. We watched oldest DS's basketball games, went swimming and then to Medieval Times and watched a movie in our hotel rooms complete with room service popcorn. Riley's becoming quite the well traveled little lady! The kids don't have school today because of President's Day, but I doubt they would have gone anyhow because we got about 5 inches of snow overnight and it's still snowing. I'm ready for Spring! I usually work from home on days like this, but they are replacing my computer at work, so I have lots of time to update our trip report!

Last edited by Chelley00; 02-15-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:51 AM   #100
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

After our obnoxious ride on It's a Small World (complete with the flash taking picture lady in front of us) we found Peter Pan with no line. I didn't notice until we were up close that it was the famous "creepy" Peter Pan from the disboards thread about bad character interactions. I was a little more cautious than usual, but he was okay. Talked a lot about Riley having Crocs on her feet and how Hook hated crocs

Make a Hook

So, he was okay, until this kinda creepy moment

I hadn't said anything to Riley, but as we walked away, she went "Okay, he was weird".

We walked over to ride Snow White (my hero is in there!)

Riley had been invited back for a Pirate Parade at the Pirate's League at 2, so we decided to leave Fantasyland and head that way, stopping at Swiss Family Treehouse to kill some time

Back over for the Pirate Parade, they lined the kids up (most were Pirate League makeover, but they were pulling kids off the street to join in) The passed out instruments, and then led them through the Pirate's League shop and around the street area shouting "Yo Ho" At the end they took a group pictures, they all got a certificate and a couple of jewels for their pirate pouches.

Parade finished, Riley was itching to get back over to Fantasyland to finish up the rides there.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:02 AM   #101
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

We were headed to ride Mad Tea Party (puke) but we saw this guy behind the ride and decided to make a detour

Uncle Scrooge likes money and shiny things, so he kept trying to steal Riley's pirate loot and her medallion

Finally, the teacups

Riley sent Daddy a text telling him we were riding, and she said he bet she wished he was there so he could spin her really fast, however, I think I did a pretty good job

Trying to walk straight off the ride is pretty much impossible so we stumbled our way over to meet the White Rabbit and the Queen of Hearts

It was time for our fastpasses to Peter Pan, so we went for our first of many flights

And then, off to Dumbo.

Then we walked over and Riley scored Cinderella's personal horse with the golden ribbon

and to finish up our Fantasyland stint, Philharmagic
Old 02-15-2010, 10:14 AM   #102
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Finally, she lets me ride Haunted Mansion. She's such a thrill girl, but she hates scary stuff. I love Haunted Mansion, but she wasn't too keen on the idea. This is when I pull out the "I paid for this trip and you will at least ride it once! Besides, what happened to the every ride at least once on our trip?"

She relented, but not nicely

and let me tell you how much she loved it when we got stuck right by the ballroom dancers!

We decided to save Tomorrowland for, well, tomorrow, and made our way back towards Big Thunder for a couple more rides before dinner.

on the way we caught the Tiana boat show coming back in. They made a big fuss over Riley (how funny, this is the movie we watched with my mom this weekend!)

2 rides on Big Thunder,

and we made our way out of the park

caught the monorail (our first monorail ride of the trip!) and headed to
Old 02-15-2010, 10:26 AM   #103
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

When we were planning our trip, Riley's really only true request for dinner was Chef Mickey's. It's been a stop on each of our trips. Last time we ate here I got the flu that night and I wasn't really keen on eating here just because of bad memories , but we moms do what we have to do. Off we go.

We checked in and were seated right away and Donald was right there.

And Mickey right after

After that we dashed to the buffet to try and get our food before the next round of characters came. The food was just not great, but that's in our dining report

Goofy next

Our waitress really just looked frazzled. She came and sat down Riley's birthday cupcake, but didn't light the candle.

During the napkin twirling, she was running around trying to light candles and brought out a cake for someone else.

We were okay with it, honestly, but she ran back over and apologized over and over to Riley for not getting her cupcake lit during the song. Notice who is standing there while she was lighting the candle

Riley looks at the waitress and says "My candle just went out"

and this is when the waitress pointed and Riley realizes that Goofy had blown her candle out for her

Finally, she got to actually blow the candle out
Old 02-15-2010, 10:34 AM   #104
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Pluto was next

Minnie loved Riley's pirate Minnie shirt

We monorailed over to MK and caught the bus back to AK. When we got back to our room, our mousekeeper had been busy

We went down to the lobby to participate in the parade.

After the parade they gathered around the medallion in the lobby and listened to the CM tell about their country, and then were given a certificate

On our way back up, Riley decided to spend some of her money from her grandparents and get a cariacture done

I didn't take a picture of the finished project, but here you can see Riley's face. Our boxer, Duke, is in it and her shirt says "I love dogs". She looks like she's about 22 in it, but she loves it

We decided to call it a pretty early night, because we had an early morning breakfast reservation the next day and were planning a full day back at the Magic Kingdom. Riley's wish for the day, that Space Mountain would open early so she could ride it. It wasn't scheduled to open until Sunday the 22nd, but we heard rumors on the bus that it was open for awhile on Monday, and they were planning on opening it this night (Tuesday), so Riley was really hoping they would have it open for awhile on Wednesday
Old 02-15-2010, 10:48 AM   #105
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

You and Riley had an awesome day! I would love to do a mother/daughter trip some day!

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: