Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2009, 12:17 PM   #31
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Great start so far!

How much fun to have a mother and daughter trip - AND to surprise her with the resort upgrade!! Awesome!!

Can't wait to read more!

Old 12-01-2009, 12:24 PM   #32
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
What a great view!! I will be looking at that same thing very soon!!
You are going to love it. I had to drag Riley off the balcony to go to the parks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefaniLyn View Post
I thought about doing something like a basket for St. Nick's Day on our trip but with three girls, it would get kinda pricey! !
Yeah, you notice I did the basket because I only had one kid with me. I couldn't imagine ordering them for all four!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsfootball92 View Post
I can't wait to read more. I should take advantage of a girls only trip with my younger daughter while she still thinks it's okay to be with me in public my teenager can't be parted from her phone long enough to appreciate it......
I have 2 teens. Sometimes I have to put my face in front of their phones to get their attention. Ah, the joys of texting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Great start so far!

How much fun to have a mother and daughter trip - AND to surprise her with the resort upgrade!! Awesome!!!
She really had no clue we weren't staying at CBR. I can't tell you how many times I almost blew it!
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2009, 12:47 PM   #33
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

November 13th

Friday, the 13th

I didn't set an alarm or have a wake up call for this morning, but we were both up and awake at 7am. Happy vacation! Since we were up early, we decided to go ahead and make it for rope drop/park opening. After eating breakfast in our room (donuts and milk for Riley, coffee and muffins for me) we dressed and headed out. I was all set to drive, but my daughter wanted to ride the bus again. I should have just made arrangements to return the rental car right then!

It was chilly this morning. Where's our Florida weather? Oh yeah, this is OUR Florida weather. Last October when we went to Disney they set record lows 3 days in a row. I'm thinking we bring the cold weather with us! It was so chilly outside the windows were fogged!

DHS all ready for Christmas

Today Riley had one goal. Making me ride RNR. Now, I love roller coasters. The higher, the faster, the better. However, I hate going upside down. I always end up with a headache. I loaded up on Tylenol before we left.

When we arrived at DHS, we were the 3rd and 4th people in our turnstile. Now, this made things interesting, as when they let us through, we got to the rope and were first in line. Right in front of the Toy Story Mania guy. I start negotiating with Riley.

"Since we're right here, let's go ride TSM first. You know how long the line gets and it sometimes runs out of fastpasses. If we do it first and get fastpasses, we could probably ride it twice."

She's not buying it. Until I promise 2 rides on RNR. Then she bites.

What did I get myself in to?? But the rope drops, and we're soon speedwalking back to Toy Story Mania

Okay, whoever named it Mania was correct. It's a madhouse dash to get back and ride it. It's a fun ride but, to me, I don't think it's worth the 90 minute waits you usually see. Thank goodness for fastpass! However, thanks to our early arrival and some quick walking, we were number 19 & 20 to ride it this day.

Since we NEVER ride this standby, we've never seen Mr Potato Head before. Unfortunately, they had us speedwalking so quickly to get on the ride, we only got a brief glimpse and a couple of seconds to listen

Load in, take off and almost half of our screens didn't work, but that's okay, because they pulled us off at the end and let us ride again! We had quite the competition shooting playing the 3D carnival games on the ride, but I beat her both times.
I may or may not have been rubbing in the fact that I tripled her score here.

We grabbed fastpasses for later, then headed back up front to torture me for awhile. Time to keep my promise for RNR

Thankfully it was only a 5 minute wait. Of course, they see Riley's birthday button, and put us in the front row. Oy. Thanks. I actually liked it, and I didn't end up with a headache! I bought the picture. I'll have to scan it and post it

A little more negotiation took place. Riley is a thrill ride girl. However, she hates scary things, Halloween etc. She was starting to refuse to ride Tower of Terror.....my all time most favorite Disney ride. This was not going to fly with me at all. She LOVED it last year, and rode it at least 15 times. I told her since I had to ride RNR, she owed me one trip on ToT for every ride on RNR. She finally relented, and of course, she loves it (the drops, not the theming)

Again, we bought the picture. Her eyes are shut.

Can I just stop and say how much our family loves DHS. It gets such a bad rap on the disboards, but we spend tons of time here on every trip. We love the thrill rides, the older boys love the Indiana Jones and Lights Motors Shows, DH is a huge Muppets fan and Riley loves to draw. I knew before I even asked where our next stop would be. Animation Studios to watch the movie about how Mushu became a character, then off to play the animation games.

We took the drawing class and tried our hand at drawing Piglet. Once outside we ran into the characters from the movie UP, which was appropriate as we had watched it on the plane trip to MCO.

The character handler here was great. He made lots of small talk with people in line, and held out his pins for Riley. I had bought her 4 pins to go on her autograph book bag I had made for her, and she had never pin traded. She compared pins, he realized she was new, and explained the whole pin trading process to her. She ended up trading a Mickey pin for a Mickey and Minnie in front of the castle. After that, she was totally hooked on pin trading!
Old 12-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #34
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

We headed towards Starring Rolls for lunch. I'm keeping my dining reviews in a separate thread, but I have to post this picture. The cupcakes are gigantic!

We made our way back to the great movie ride.

Every trip we take, I end up with a picture of my feet. It's a running joke in my family (and at work) Hey, I don't get pre-vacation pedicures for nothing!

We kept working our way towards the rear of the park, and came across this

We had to send Daddy a text from here. It's his favorite

Then this is a picture for Daddy, who works for PepsiCo

Next up was a first time ride for us, Backlot Tour. We didn't get much of a view of the truck on fire, but we did have a great view of the Lights Motors cars getting ready to go

We did a quick walk through the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground

and then Riley decided to spend some of her spending money from her grandparents on something she's always wanted to do, and we've always said no, but since it's her trip and her money, I wasn't about to say no this time
Old 12-01-2009, 02:29 PM   #35
Tink9721
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsfootball92 View Post
I can't wait to read more. I should take advantage of a girls only trip with my younger daughter while she still thinks it's okay to be with me in public my teenager can't be parted from her phone long enough to appreciate it......
Most teenage girls I know are like that. They don't like spending time with their moms. I'm 16 and I love hanging out with my mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelley00 View Post
and then Riley decided to spend some of her spending money from her grandparents on something she's always wanted to do, and we've always said no, but since it's her trip and her money, I wasn't about to say no this time
I've never had any desire to get my face painted. I had it done once a fair when I was little and I hated it! I hate the feeling of dried paint on my skin

Next: May 2014, Wilderness Lodge!

Old 12-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #36
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Love the update! And love the face painting...my boys used to do that when we'd take them to the Halloween Scare Fest.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:42 AM   #38
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Love the updates! Riley's face painting turned out really cute!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 12-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #39
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

What fun you both are having! DHS is my fav park too! I got a horrible neckache when I rode RnR and never went back on - maybe next trip ToT is my fav ride at DHS. I'm glad Riley decided to go on it with you How cute was that face painting - she is absolutely adorable!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 12-03-2009, 12:44 AM   #40
pl'smama
A distant relation

Chelly, I am loving your TR!! Your DD looks so much like you, it is uncanny. What a wonderful surprise for her to upgrade to AKL and the gift basket!! Her face is priceless.

My own trip with just my DD and I is just a week and change away and I am starting to get nervous. My DD is six, not seven until February, but she has been to DW twice before. Do you have any tips or advice you can share with us?

I look forward to reading some more of your TR before we head out next week.

Suz

My awesome new blog www.MapleMouseMama.com
Old 12-05-2009, 01:34 AM   #41
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Wonderful TR!

I can understand your neck problems, I get them, too on fast costers. Actually sitting upfront always seems a smoother ride and my trick is to actually try to press my head hard against the head rest. This way it isn't thrown around as much!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2010 TR 2010 PTR 2011 TR Dining Reviews:2009 2008 2007
From the Sea to the World - Spring 2013 Trip Report - DCL and WDW
Old 12-05-2009, 07:32 PM   #42
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

I just found your TR, so fun! I loved the look on her face when she realized you were staying at AKL. We're going on my daughter's trip in the spring (she's 8) with myself, her, and gram, so it's fun seeing Riley's pov on everything. Looking forward to the next installment!
Old 12-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #43
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

great update!!! When I worked at AK, I would see sooooo many kids with the face paint and most of the time they were at the park and then headed to the pool for the afternoon..never quite understood that part but oh well!!!

The little tattoos are cute as well, as your DD gotten one of those before???

Old 12-31-2009, 08:26 PM   #45
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

Oh I'm lovin' this. My dd (9) and I (and grandma!!) are going in the Spring. She has 3 brothers too (although she is the oldest) so this will be some special 'girl time'.

Looking forward to following along!

Pamela

Matty's Wish Trip PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

Matty's Wish Trip TR "Mom, Dad, 3 Kids, and a Gingerbread Boy" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356739

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: