Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #17
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
I love the look on Riley's face when she realizes you guys are staying at AKL! Your room looks great!
I wish I would have taken more pictures of her face, but she tackled me

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefaniLyn View Post
What a great start to your trip report! Woo hoo for first class upgrade pixie dust and Yippee for pulling off your surprise! I can't wait to read more!
I'll have to hurry so you can read a lot before you leave for Bella's trip....in a week!!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We went to ILs for dinner. Nothing exciting as we see them all the time
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #18
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Finally, let's go to Disney and play

We brought in our luggage from the rental car and decided to head out to Epcot for the afternoon. Riley decides she wants to try the bus, which was fine since it was midafternoon I knew we'd have to park the car pretty far out. We found our way to the bus stop and walked right onto a bus. Good timing!

Through security, stick my ticket in, nothing. The lady tries it. Nothing. Apparently my ticket didn't activate, which makes me nervous paying for dinner since it's my only way to pay. The lady let me through the gate since Riley's ticket had worked and we were obviously together and told me to head to guest services at the hotel to take care of it. She said since I had used the ticket to open our room door it was probably just the ticket portion of my KTTW that didn't work.

Riley and I decided that our Starbucks oatmeal from 6am was long gone (it was after noon) so we worked our way back to the country of Norway for a snack from the bakery. Our first stop was 2 characters with zero lines.

Our next stop was Spaceship Earth. We didn't ride this our first 2 trips (the last trip it was actually closed) Riley loved it, especially the part at the end where it takes your picture and puts it in a story about the future

We stopped off for Test Track fastpasses, then headed back to Norway for a chocolate cake and a school bread. Since we were in Norway we knocked out Maelstrom and then stop to take the required picture with this guy

Riley wanted to go ride the 3 Caballeros ride in Mexico. On the way Riley saw Donald coming down the walkway and was first in line

We worked our way back to Test Track to use our fastpasses before dinner

and then slowly made our way over to Canada for our early dinner reservation at LeCellier.

All of our dining/snack reviews are in the thread listed below

My daughter fell asleep in her dinner. Literally. She took 3 bites of grilled chicken, put her head back and drifted off. I had them box her dinner, my dessert and we headed out towards the exit. She slept on the bus, but perked up once we got to the room and saw her next surprise!
Old 11-27-2009, 12:06 PM   #19
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

That's so sweet that Riley was so tired she fell asleep in her meal! I bet you were relieved that your KTTW card worked for dinner!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 11-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #20
bballdiva
Mrs. Choo Cho Mouse

Enjoying your report so far!!!!

Old 11-28-2009, 06:22 PM   #21
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Figures your tickets would't work Were you able to get the tickets fixed at GR. It said you had to go to the resort, but I'm guessing that Epcot was able to fix it so go them!! How horrible would that be to have to bus allll the way back to the resort to have the tickets fixed

Can't wait for more!
Old 11-29-2009, 09:05 AM   #22
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I can't wait for the surprise! How cute that your daughter fell asleep during dinner - sometimes those first days are so long esp if you have to get up at the crack of dawn to arrive. We always try to hit a park no matter how little sleep we got and we look like zombies on the bus ride back to the resort Sounds like you are having fun already!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 11-30-2009, 12:06 AM   #23
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

I'm here!! I am glad I get a bit of your TR in before I leave on Wednesday!! Looks great so far! Glad the surprise worked out for you! Yay!!!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:04 AM   #25
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
I bet you were relieved that your KTTW card worked for dinner!
I was even more relieved once I realized if my card didn't work, I had no other way to pay as I had left my credit card and extra cash in the safe in our room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballdiva View Post
Enjoying your report so far!!!!

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Figures your tickets would't work Were you able to get the tickets fixed at GR.
I actually just swung by the desk at AKL and told them the ticket portion didn't work, and they reprinted my card. I had no problems with anything after that

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
We always try to hit a park no matter how little sleep we got and we look like zombies on the bus ride back to the resort
There were quite a few nights that Riley put her head in my lap and snoozed all the way back to AKL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
I am glad I get a bit of your TR in before I leave on Wednesday!! Looks great so far! Glad the surprise worked out for you! Yay!!!
I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefaniLyn View Post
I'm hoping for one more installment before I leave on Thursday.
Your wish is granted!!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:06 AM   #26
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

For anyone who doesn't want to wait, I have a generic, less-information type trip report in our family blog. My family just wants to see pictures of Riley and not of food and rides and they don't care about crowds etc, so it's pretty basic.

Anyhow, if anyone wants to read that quick version while I keep up with this longer one, the web address is http://ourfabulousfour.blogspot.com/...s-allowed.html
Old 11-30-2009, 10:19 AM   #27
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Let's see, we had just left Le Cellier, where my daughter slept through dinner

On the bus, she put her head in my lap and dozed all the way back to AKL. Once back, we went to the front desk and had my KTTW card reprinted since my ticket didn't work, the headed to our room, where Riley ran to the balcony to see all the giraffes outside

Of course, that meant that she missed this little thing sitting on the table in our room.....our basket from memoriesbybetsy.com

We ordered a gift basket containing a singing Minnie mouse, beach towel, activity book, Animal Kingdom Lodge tshirt and Birthday Mickey ears, which Betsy had embroidered with Riley's name. Riley was thrilled that "Mickey" sent her a basket.

I decided to unpack, while Riley spent her time on the balcony watching these

If I ever had any reservations about not staying at AKL, I can say that this first day and watching my daughter's eyes light up when she could hear the giraffes eating made every single penny we spent on the upgrade well worth it.

While I was unpacking, bell services delivered the groceries I had ordered from a delivery service. We ordered bottled water, milk, OJ, muffins, donuts, juice boxes, Quaker oatmeal to go breakfast cookies, poptarts, mini muffin packages, apple slices and bananas. That was so much easier than trying to go to take time out to walk around the store and shop.

We laid down to "rest" and Riley fell asleep pretty quickly. I honestly thougth we'd be done for the night, but Riley woke up around 9:30 deciding she was hungry. We walked down to the food court to grab a late dinner. (reivew in the dining thread) We took them back upstairs to our room to eat while watching Disney Channel (ahhhh, cable, we don't have it at home! So deprived!) and then fell asleep pretty soon after.

Tomorrow, our first full day. Disney Hollywood Studios. Riley makes a friend, has a meltdown, and makes Mommy go upside down. Time after time after time
Old 11-30-2009, 10:35 PM   #28
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

What a great view!! I will be looking at that same thing very soon!! I can't wait to hear more...and then I'll have some catching up to do when I get back!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:54 AM   #29
StefaniLyn
DIS Veteran

Wow! The view is amazing and the basket is soooooo cute! I thought about doing something like a basket for St. Nick's Day on our trip but with three girls, it would get kinda pricey! LOL! So it's stocking stuffers and candy for them!
Old 12-01-2009, 10:14 AM   #30
ramsfootball92
Mouseketeer

I can't wait to read more. I should take advantage of a girls only trip with my younger daughter while she still thinks it's okay to be with me in public my teenager can't be parted from her phone long enough to appreciate it......

me (40) , DH - (43) , DS - (22) ,DS - (21) , DD - (20) , DS - (15) , DD - (15) , DGD , DDogs - Praline and Ginger

04/81 - off-site, 4/06 - OKW, 4/07 - OKW, 04/08 - SSR, 2/09 thru 3/09 - OKW and BWV, 6/09 All-Star Sports, THV and OKW, 06/10 - AKV, 11/10 - CBR and OKW, 03/11 - OKW, 04/11 - THV, 10/11 - SSR, WL, Poly and BLT, 3/12 - YC and AKV, 5/12 - OKW and BLT, 10/12 - offsite (boo!), 3/14 - AKV, 5/14 - BWV, 10/14 (last minute) - CSR, WL, AKV and GFV

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: