Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2010, 11:57 AM   #151
JenKatt
Geek in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenKatt View Post
If you look at *************** they have video and pics. It is most certainly a sectioned off part of the beach, complete with a wall.
The part about the cabanas is in the updates at the top

(FYI: In the link you provided, the website came up as ******* which means the website is banned from being mentioned on DIS. Please do not try to get around the board filter by using another name or a variation of the website. Thanks, jilljill)
Oh goodness gracious! Trying to tell people where to get info from a website of people who post on this board. Yeesh. If someone wants to know the website, tough luck I guess.
Never expected that website to be banned!

Sorry y'all I tried to point in the right direction. don't PM me either as the link is also blocked there. I would suggest googling it as this website is the only place I have seen decent photos of the cabanas. It's a shame that the information is not allowed.

Last edited by JenKatt; 09-13-2010 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Edited to explain that I tried
JenKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #152
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

There are some websites/TA's that are banned on the Dis. It is what it is. If you type a name of a website or TA agency and it comes up with ******* that means the website is a banned one. We, as mods, don't make up who gets banned and we have no control over the ****** as it is an internal filter.

If you don't like the policy you can certainly contact the websmaters about it.

If you want to pass on a filtered website feel free to do it via email.

Thanks.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2010, 12:49 PM   #153
mickey7879
Stay at home mommy to a Disney baby Tyler (3 yrs old) and anniversary baby Jackson (9 months old). Happily married to the love of my life, Mark, for 10 yrs.

I have pictures that say there is a private beach. I haven't tried posting the website, but if anyone is interested, please email me at Mickey7879@hotmail.com with "Disboards" in the subject line and I will send you the info.

Also have a youtube video of what the inside of the cabanas look like and says there is a private beach.

Don't take your role too serious. In the whole scheme of things, you're no better than anyone else.....
mickey7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:26 PM   #154
mcubit
Mouseketeer

Here is a link to a YouTube video that is out there. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5P14UJpqdU
mcubit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #155
SplashMountainManiac
DIS Veteran

The family beach cabanas are definitely not on a private beach. I have seen them and have several photos of them and can assure you that they are all sitting on the family beach. Also, according to the Disney press release http://disneycruisenews.com/AssetDet...9-e41b217f4668, they are located on the family beach.

"To be on the deck of a great ship on a star-filled night in the middle of a great ocean is as close to magic as there ever is" Michael Eisner
Past Cruises: Disney Wonder, Bahamas June'06; Disney Wonder, Bahamas December '06; NCL Pride of Hawaii, Hawaii June '07; Disney Wonder, Bahamas September '07; RCI Navigator of the Seas, W. Caribbean December '07;Disney Magic, Mexican Riviera June '08;RCI Navigator of the Seas, W. Caribbean November'08;Disney Magic, W. Caribbean March '09;Celebrity Infinity, Alaska July '09;Disney Wonder, Bahamas August 13th '09;Disney Magic, E. Caribbean November 14th '09;Disney Wonder, Bahamas January 14th '10;Disney Magic, W. Caribbean March 6th '10;Disney Magic, Meditteranean May 5th '10; Disney Wonder, Bahamas October 3rd '10; Disney Wonder, E. Caribbean December 30th '10; Disney Wonder, Bahamas December 19th '10; Disney Magic, E. Caribbean December 30th '11; Disney Fantasy, W. Caribbean May 12th '12; Disney Dream, Bahamas, December 19th '12; Disney Dream, Bahamas February 28th '13

Planned Cruises: Disney Fantasy, W. Caribbean October 12th '13
SplashMountainManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:50 PM   #156
ppiew
DIS Veteran

Believe me, the cabanas are a distance from Pelican Plunge and I am sure the beach in that area will be for cabana persons only. It won't be a problem as I saw it. They even had a barrier up last spring and it was a non-issue.
ppiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:00 PM   #157
mickey7879
Stay at home mommy to a Disney baby Tyler (3 yrs old) and anniversary baby Jackson (9 months old). Happily married to the love of my life, Mark, for 10 yrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppiew View Post
Believe me, the cabanas are a distance from Pelican Plunge and I am sure the beach in that area will be for cabana persons only. It won't be a problem as I saw it. They even had a barrier up last spring and it was a non-issue.
Too bad I can't click "LIKE" like I can on Facebook!

Don't take your role too serious. In the whole scheme of things, you're no better than anyone else.....
mickey7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:25 PM   #158
outahere

Quote:
When we were there in April, the cabanas were pretty much finished, and yes they, and a small part of the beach, were blocked off. However, once the Dream and Fantasy start stopping at CC, there will be another 1500 guests on the island, so blocking that part of the family beach would be completely against DCL's stated reasons for enlarging the family beach. I really can't see them blocking off a large section of the family beach for only 100, or so, guests.

Just my $.02 worth........

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
outahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:30 PM   #159
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Interesting. For whom was it a non-issue? For the regular guest capacity of the Magic or Wonder who normally fit comfortably on the old family beach, and now have an extra 150 yards of expanded family beach to roam? Or the 1600 additional passengers who are going to come off the Disney Dream in a few months and wonder if they are supposed to fit in that 150 yards of beach while 100 of thier shipmates stretch out on the other 150 yards of private beach.

Honestly, I only see a video from a guest who is taking a self tour of a cabana and then says in an offhand way that there's a private beach. The photos do seem to show a fence separating that part of the beach, so perhaps that's an accurate description. Or were they just trying to keep that part of the beach empty while they put the finishing touches on the cabanas? I still haven't seen anything official that says anything about a private beach. Possibly could be a soft-opening test to see if a private beach would work, and by not advertising a private beach they've left themselves the chance to go back and open it up to all families in case they decide it won't work.
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back

Future Plans:
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:54 PM   #160
DoOverDreams
DIS Veteran

The private cabanas at Serenity Bay do not have a private beach area. They are about 1/2 way down the beach where all the chairs and lounges are setup. Give or take a bit, no sense of distance!

If the ones at the family beach have their own private beach area too, we might have to chance the family beach area next time.
DoOverDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #161
rtkane
Time to head back to Disney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
Interesting. For whom was it a non-issue? For the regular guest capacity of the Magic or Wonder who normally fit comfortably on the old family beach, and now have an extra 150 yards of expanded family beach to roam? Or the 1600 additional passengers who are going to come off the Disney Dream in a few months and wonder if they are supposed to fit in that 150 yards of beach while 100 of thier shipmates stretch out on the other 150 yards of private beach.
Well, according to Disney's own press release from August (or whatever you call it), the family beach is being expanded by 700':

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/wh...-enhancements/

It's definitely much bigger and i cant imagine it being all private--it has to be largely "public" wouldn't you think? As an aside, it appears that there will be a back road to the cabanas, but for what I have no idea, because there was signage past the bike rental area on a road that said "welcome cabana guests". I wish I snapped a pic. Anyone else see that?
Old 09-13-2010, 04:16 PM   #162
atigeg
DIS Veteran

I would think that the 700 ft is the old Castaway Rays area
just past Pelican Plunge

That area was packed on 9/7, with very few open chairs, compared to the gaps on the family beach between the two tram stops.

my guess being that the tram now stops there.
atigeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #163
rtkane
Time to head back to Disney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by atigeg View Post
I would think that the 700 ft is the old Castaway Rays area
just past Pelican Plunge

That area was packed on 9/7, with very few open chairs, compared to the gaps on the family beach between the two tram stops.

my guess being that the tram now stops there.
Yup...looks like they eliminated the teen beach (extending it a bit) and took over the stingray area. We actually never made it to the beach this time between the kayak tour (awesome) and riding bikes. Now I wish I had.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:43 PM   #164
ppiew
DIS Veteran

The area aroung Pelican Plunge would all be family beach area. The small area by the cabanas (which are at the very end of the beach area) would probably be 'private.' It actually looked like it wrapped around the point. It just didn't look to me like anyone would walk all the way to the end of the beach when there were so many chairs everywhere else. Once you get to the cabanas, you are a long way from everything else ie. Pelican Plunge, Heads Up Bar, Stingray Beach etc. It just didn't seem to be an advantage to me to hike all that way for a little bit of sand. I don't know the exact footage but it didn't look like more than 100 ft to me (could be wrong). Many of the cabanas are set back quite a ways and only a few were close to the water. Anyway, it wasn't anything I would lose sleep over. I am sure all passengers should be able to get along!
ppiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:38 PM   #165
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

This might help. I posted this here back in May.

So the half of the new beach in front of where Pelican plunge is now located used to be Castaway Rays, right? And the other half (pretty much where the cabanas are now) was the teen beach. So Disney says the expansion totals 700 ft. That's even smaller than I measured (300 yards). Assuming any private area will be in front of all the cabanas - which is about half of the new area - that leaves just about 100-125 additional yards for the family beach and the additional people from the bigger ships.
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back

Future Plans:
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland

Last edited by bigAWL; 09-13-2010 at 11:03 PM.
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: