Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2009, 12:40 PM   #16
Ann117
DIS Veteran

I love the third dress
Ann117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #17
tinkerbell1988
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by padisneyfour View Post
Just reading about your plans and wanted to say congrats and welcome! all the dresses are very pretty!
aww thanks!! it's always difficult being the new kid in school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
You two are a cute couple and pretty dresses, i think the 3rd is my favourite
thanks!! i think i agree about the third dress.. the more i look at it the more i love it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann117 View Post
I love the third dress
aww thankyou!

well i haven't been on here much in the last couple of weeks.. i've had so much going on!! i have recently started a new job! i'm now sales administrator at the company scott works at.. i'm absolutely loving it!!! well.. anythings gotta be better than what i was doing before.. professional mouse clicker isn't much to go on the CV!! but it was really hard leaving the people i had been working with the last 2 years.. it's been an emotional ride but has definately been worth it!!

also.. i'm 21 tomorrow!!! i'm so excited! i'm not doing much.. just having some close family round after work. my official celebration is when we go to see Miley Cyrus perform in london on the 13th december.. i'm soooo excited for that!! i'm such a huge miley fan!!!

returning to the topic of weddings slightly.. all my spare time (which isn't much at the moment!!) has been spent making over 70 table name cards for scott's sisters wedding on the 20th december... it was a looong job!! and only having a few weeks to make them was stressful.. but they're finally done!! i think they look alright but i'm such a perfectionist i'm always going to find faults! thought i would post a picture of them incase anyone's making their own and needed some inspiration. the hearts were cut out using a stamp and i stuck a piece of glittery adhesive paper behind

also.. i hope all the americans on here had a lovely thanksgiving!! thanks for reading
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #18
weedee
I wanna go back to Disney already...

I just read through your plans and I just wanted to say congrats!! You are definitely on the right track. We are also doing an escape wedding at the Wedding Pavilion! It's a gorgeous location and the Commander's Terrace is great too. The third dress is amazing!!!! It gets my vote .
Old 12-02-2009, 12:17 AM   #19
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Hello, just read through your plans, it's amazing how much you have planned already!

I'm having Misty at my wedding too, she does such great shots!

I like the first dress with the gold in it, but I'm biased, because I'm having gold as one of my wedding colours!
Old 12-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #20
Sarah84
DIS Veteran

Happy 21st Birthday

Hope you are having a wonderful day, and got some lovely presents.

Those name cards you have done for you FSIL's wedding look lovely
April 2012: Disney World wedding & Mexico honeymoon
March 2013: Disneyland Paris July 2013: Las Vegas Jan 2014: Disney World & Disney cruise on The Magic
Sarah84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #21
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Happy Birthday!
Old 12-26-2009, 07:04 AM   #22
tinkerbell1988
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedee View Post
I just read through your plans and I just wanted to say congrats!! You are definitely on the right track. We are also doing an escape wedding at the Wedding Pavilion! It's a gorgeous location and the Commander's Terrace is great too. The third dress is amazing!!!! It gets my vote .
aww thanks very much!! i have actually seen many more dresses on the net since then that i also love so i'll be posting them soonish to get more opinions!! yes all the piccys of the pavilion i have seen on here have been beautiful! great choice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
Hello, just read through your plans, it's amazing how much you have planned already!

I'm having Misty at my wedding too, she does such great shots!

I like the first dress with the gold in it, but I'm biased, because I'm having gold as one of my wedding colours!
hehe yes once i get planning i'm like a machine! no doubt i'll make many changes but i just love to plan!! ooh i love the sound of a gold theme!! we havent chosen a theme colour as yet.. hmm must start thinking about that one!

Quote:
Happy 21st Birthday

Hope you are having a wonderful day, and got some lovely presents.

Those name cards you have done for you FSIL's wedding look lovely
thanks so much! i had a lovely day, scott arranged a little suprise party with my closest f+f, i definately wasn't expecting it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
Happy Birthday!
thanks so much!!

just a quick update really.. we have changed the date as we have had many people warn us about the weather in august.. so we are now thinking end of april - beginning of may (thanks to sarah84 for this info very useful info!!).. no specific date yet chosen.. possibly 25th april??

we have also decided against a wedding videographer, 1 - it's expensive.. and 2 - it's expensive!!!! so we're just going to have a family member take video on a high quality camcorder, so we'll still have the lasting memory for a fraction of the price!

well.. i said it was short! i hope you all are having a lovely christmas time! and roll on 2010!!!!!

Last edited by tinkerbell1988; 12-26-2009 at 12:58 PM.
tinkerbell1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:06 AM   #23
weedee
I wanna go back to Disney already...

Smart move with the date change...August can be brutally hot in Florida, not to mention trying to walk around the parks or stand in lines in that kind of weather! The end of April or beginning of May would be great! My DF and I wanted the end of April as well but decided on the summer time (early!). I totally agree with you on the videographer. It just wasn't in our budget either. But I think unless you want a fancy video made by a company, a friend doing it for you is a fantastic alternative!
Old 12-27-2009, 04:50 PM   #24
Sarah84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell1988 View Post
just a quick update really.. we have changed the date as we have had many people warn us about the weather in august.. so we are now thinking end of april - beginning of may (thanks to sarah84 for this info very useful info!!).. no specific date yet chosen.. possibly 25th april??

we have also decided against a wedding videographer, 1 - it's expensive.. and 2 - it's expensive!!!! so we're just going to have a family member take video on a high quality camcorder, so we'll still have the lasting memory for a fraction of the price!

well.. i said it was short! i hope you all are having a lovely christmas time! and roll on 2010!!!!!
Glad you had a good birthday

Hope you are having a lovely christmas, was santa good to you?

Great idea about changing the date, omg if you have 25th april thats the date after us as we are hoping for the 24th as easter is early april that year so end of april should be perfect
March 2013: Disneyland Paris July 2013: Las Vegas Jan 2014: Disney World & Disney cruise on The Magic
Old 01-02-2010, 11:33 AM   #25
tinkerbell1988
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedee View Post
Smart move with the date change...August can be brutally hot in Florida, not to mention trying to walk around the parks or stand in lines in that kind of weather! The end of April or beginning of May would be great! My DF and I wanted the end of April as well but decided on the summer time (early!). I totally agree with you on the videographer. It just wasn't in our budget either. But I think unless you want a fancy video made by a company, a friend doing it for you is a fantastic alternative!
exactly!! it can be a lot more personal too i reckon, and at least that means one less person that we don't really know wandering around with lots of equipment! everyone we've spoken to about our plans has said not to do it in august.. so we've torn ourselves away from doing it on our anniversary.. it would have been amazing but i would rather everyone was comfortable thats for sure!! my sister went with her husband and son in june, she said it was warm all the time, but not too hot, however there was a storm almost every afternoon - but overall it wasn't uncomfortably hot!

Quote:
Glad you had a good birthday

Hope you are having a lovely christmas, was santa good to you?

Great idea about changing the date, omg if you have 25th april thats the date after us as we are hoping for the 24th as easter is early april that year so end of april should be perfect
yes santa was extremely generous this year hehe! shame he didnt leave enough money for our wedding.. but i wasn't that good this year so i can't complain how was your christmas and new years? now that it's 2010 it feels a lot closer to 2012.. at least we're into the teens!

OMG we would be out there at the same time!!!! i could even be really nosey and pop by the boardwalk and have a sneak at you getting married! how cool would that be!?! that's it.. it's def the 25th April now!
Old 01-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #26
tinkerbell1988
Mouseketeer

i've been thinking about colour schemes over the past few days.. and have come up with a tiffany blue and white theme.. just wondered what everyone thinks.. here are some of my inspirations..

i would love to have tiffany blue calla lilies with white ribbon wrapped round the stems, does anyone know if this would be possible to create? or do you only get certain colours to chose from within the escape package?? can you chose the ribbon colour yourself? hmm.. maybe a bit early in the stages for me to be asking these questions
Old 01-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #27
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

I love the tiffany blue theme! But then again, I love T&Co!
Old 01-02-2010, 02:03 PM   #28
ChocoKat
Is there a 12 step program for Disney Addicts?

Those colors are beautiful!
And the manolo shoes are so pretty!
ChocoKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #29
Sarah84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell1988 View Post
yes santa was extremely generous this year hehe! shame he didnt leave enough money for our wedding.. but i wasn't that good this year so i can't complain how was your christmas and new years? now that it's 2010 it feels a lot closer to 2012.. at least we're into the teens!

OMG we would be out there at the same time!!!! i could even be really nosey and pop by the boardwalk and have a sneak at you getting married! how cool would that be!?! that's it.. it's def the 25th April now!
Glad Santa was good to you, he didn't leave me the money for my wedding either so must have been a tough year for him or I just wasn't THAT well behaved
I'm glad its finally 2010 does seem all that closer to we can say we're getting married this year.

I think we will fly out on the thursday then have the wedding on the tuesday, so yep we would be ou there at the same time then the wednesday i could spy on your wedding

I love your colour scheme idea, it was actually one that i was considering along with white and silver or maybe something a bit more turqouise and brighter than tiffany blue or white, silver & a bright pink
Old 01-02-2010, 07:32 PM   #30
*Pixiedust1438*
DIS Veteran

I just read through your PJ and your story is so cute! I'm so excited for you to have your first trip to the world, and to get married there too! (I'm sure it will not be your last trip!) Your plans sound really great, and although it's a long time away, it will give you time to plan everything and save, and I'm sure it will go by fast. I really like the colors you are considering. My sister used Pool from David's Bridal for her wedding, and it looks like the color you are considering is very similar. I loved the color for her wedding, and was so glad she chose a nice color for the BM dresses! I would actually consider using that color if she didn't use something so similar. I can't wait to here more about your plans! Congats on the engagement, house, and wedding plans!
89'Polynesian 91'Caribbean Beach/Polynesian 95'Polynesian 99'BeachClub/Polynesian/Contemporary 00'Polynesian 02'Caribbean Beach 05'Contemporary 06'All Star Sports 08'All Star Movies 09'Disney Wonder 10'Pop Century 11'Grand Floridian/Wilderness Lodge & Wedding
13'All Star Movies
*Pixiedust1438* is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: