Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2009, 07:22 AM   #1
megan_in_pink
Mouseketeer

The crazy scrapbooker and the penny pincher do disney! Photos fixed

Well this is my frist pre trip report! My dad and me will be staying on site at disney, we have not been in 20 years :O, on my the changes that have been!

You might be asking your self why is an adult going to Dinsey with her Dad? well life is short and we have not been on a vaction 2001. We are going to celebrate life! Life is short and very few of us stop to do it, but now we do.

The reason we now celebrate everyday is we found this the hard way. In the start if Augest my mom end up in ICU in coma for 2 and1/2 week with liver and kidney failure and passed away. we miss her greatly and our lives have for ever chaged, this vaction won't be easy to take, but we need one.

We are not only taking thier trip to celebrate life, my moms life, everyone life. We have not take vaction since 2001 for many reason. We ahve been taking care of my mom's parents and that in it's self has been a bumpy road. My oma (mom's mom) passed away after in 3rd brain tumor in 2004, and my 90 year old opa had a stroke and now understand very little english.

We are also going to celebraate good things! ( I don't want to be total downer!) I finaly finshed collage after having very hard time with it and and few months later became fully qualified to work in my field! And i also had lasik done the week after i was done with school, so no more glasses for me :D

SO now on to the cast!

Last edited by megan_in_pink; 11-18-2009 at 11:57 AM.
megan_in_pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:43 AM   #2
megan_in_pink
Mouseketeer

The cast!

Dad A.K.A. Richard the penny pincher!

My dad will tell you ( with no problem at all!) will tell you that he is cheep! so he has me finding the deals for this trip. My dad works in building maintenance for Mega Blocks. He only give his OK to disney so he can ride space mountain and ride a segway. He is also the halloween and christmas crazed person. My house have been on T.V. many times druing the hoilday for it lights. IF some ask where I live they will noramaly always say "OH you live in THAT house! we love it!"

Megan The crazy scrapbooker!

What can I say about me? I work in a day care with the babies (aged 8-18 mts) I am also a scrapbooker so that means I take photos a everything and anything. SO I know so far that I will also have to make a autograph book to use in the parks :D

Smduge The furry rock

He is not coming with, I just wanted to add him since he is part of the family and LET'S us live in HIS house.

When We fly out of Montreal on May 2 with west jest, we got the air fair with air miles, so that means we are going the long way arond. We come back home May 8.

Where AKL! thanks to renting DVC points! I so can not wait to stay here :D

Last edited by megan_in_pink; 11-18-2009 at 11:56 AM.
megan_in_pink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2010, 08:44 PM   #3
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

Ok I"m in. Nice PTR title! Sounds like you guys really need a vacation.

I am also an avid scrapbooker, well technically I am, but I havn't scrapped a thing since I got married (and now have 2 kids) in Feb 2009. Literally the night before our wedding is the last time I scrapped and that was trying to get our book done for the reception tables! But if you asked the guys that moved us this summer that carried box after box after box of scrapbook supplies they would say I'm an avid scrapbooker.

I am also a newly discovered penny pencher (must be the husband and the 2 kids that caused that), so I'd love to hear the pencher's takes on stuff too.
PIRATEGIRL007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:49 PM   #4
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

I"m completely in!
Old 08-06-2012, 12:01 AM   #5
Ets80
Earning My Ears

Have fun. Dad will enjoy it too!

Ets80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #6
shalom
DIS Veteran

I like your furry rock. And I am jealous of his stained glass!
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: