Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 11:26 AM   #16
npmommie
Channels George Michael in her car...
 
npmommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,373

oh my gosh, that is awesome!!!!
would you please pretty please come to my house and redecorate for me???
I have no decorating sense at all

oh and pencil me in for the week after Mike
npmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #17
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee
 
rosiep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Portland Oregon
Posts: 9,350

I want to spend a day basking by that White Tree. The little kid in me loved the train, and the grown up loved the presentation of it all.

You have a good eye....it's very tastefull.

__________________
rosiep is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #18
zeitzeuge
DallasDisneyDork
Some people NEED to be bitten
Had a little accident in my pants when I found out I was going to Club 33!
 
zeitzeuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,907

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulmates View Post
LOVE this tree as well!!! I'm ready to come over for some hot chocolate!
Thanks! Steven hates decorating trees and I did it professionally for a design company for 3 years, even do some private homes on occasion. It's my favorite part of the holiday, decorating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubie2.5 View Post
It works, it's perfect!
Quote:
Originally Posted by npmommie View Post
oh my gosh, that is awesome!!!!
would you please pretty please come to my house and redecorate for me???
I have no decorating sense at all

oh and pencil me in for the week after Mike
Maybe we should get a reservation list started. We still have a few things to put on one wall, like all of our shadow box pin/lanyard collections. Hopefully have that up before the party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiep View Post
I want to spend a day basking by that White Tree. The little kid in me loved the train, and the grown up loved the presentation of it all.

You have a good eye....it's very tastefull.

Thanks so much! We find ourselves sitting in the room, talking, laughing and just enjoying it. After a while, we've noticed that we've been in there a couple hours.
zeitzeuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:33 PM   #19
Mathfailure
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 310

I have never seen a train in the tree before, wonderful.

Now you have inspired me, I may have to try and replicate that here.


Your home seems joyful, that is a lovely thing.

Kathleen
Mathfailure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:55 PM   #20
glenpreece
DIS Veteran
 
glenpreece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,397

Love it!!!!
__________________
Who Run The World? GIRLS!!!
glenpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:06 AM   #21
wallyb
Love My Stella-rella!
Crocs are Crack for Feet!
On ‘the list’ so treading carefully
 
wallyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 10,427

Nice NEW tag Mr Z!
wallyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:11 AM   #22
zeitzeuge
DallasDisneyDork
Some people NEED to be bitten
Had a little accident in my pants when I found out I was going to Club 33!
 
zeitzeuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,907

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyb View Post
Nice NEW tag Mr Z!
Yeah tell me about it! I don't know when the first one happened, nor the second one. I noticed them both at the same time.
zeitzeuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:48 PM   #23
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love
 
soulmates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North of Saratoga Springs
Posts: 2,384

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitzeuge View Post
Yeah tell me about it! I don't know when the first one happened, nor the second one. I noticed them both at the same time.
Wow Mark, I didn't notice the NEW tag either...very cute!! BTW, showed your pics to a friend in my office, who also has a great eye. She LOVED your guest room. You've inspired LOTS of people!! Hugs to you!!
__________________
soulmates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:59 PM   #24
rpmdfw
I feel similarly about the cha-cha, electric slide, and mambo #5
Bridezilla, Groomzilla and Gayzilla all rolled into one
 
rpmdfw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ocoee, FL
Posts: 7,041

Congrats on the new tags, Zeit!

And while we don't do a "Disney Tree" per se, ours has a lot of Disney elements on it.

Notice the Monorail in place of a regular train around the base (not to mention the Disneyland Shag prints on the wall )


Two of our Milestone Ornaments. 2003-The year that we met at Gay Days and 2008-Our Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding.


Our Adventurers Club ornamenent and the 2006 "Kungloosh" ornament.
rpmdfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:26 PM   #25
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!
 
jackskellingtonsgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 25,792

We bought a box of Nightmare ornaments at the Disney Store today. Eventually we will put up our tree. After we get home from WDW. We'll see if my fabulous spinning stand scares the cats enough to keep them away from the tree. We'll see if the tree can still spin with the weight of my ornaments...

I was disappointed at Hallmark today. They don't have a "son" ornament. We have always bought one for DS! They also don't have a "Grandma" ornament - DS and my mom exchange the "Grandma" and "Grandson" ornaments every year at Thanksgiving. I guess we are finished with those traditions now!

Professional tree decorating would be an incredibly valuable service in my house. AND it just so happens that *I* live close enough to Mr. Z that he really could help me!
__________________
"What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away." Doobie Bros.
"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." Billy Joel
BLT/AKV May '15 AKV Oct. '14 GF/BWV June '14 BWV June '13 Boardwalk Oct. '12 AKV June '12
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

jackskellingtonsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:45 AM   #26
zeitzeuge
DallasDisneyDork
Some people NEED to be bitten
Had a little accident in my pants when I found out I was going to Club 33!
 
zeitzeuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,907

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmdfw View Post
Congrats on the new tags, Zeit!

And while we don't do a "Disney Tree" per se, ours has a lot of Disney elements on it.

Notice the Monorail in place of a regular train around the base (not to mention the Disneyland Shag prints on the wall )


Two of our Milestone Ornaments. 2003-The year that we met at Gay Days and 2008-Our Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding.


Our Adventurers Club ornamenent and the 2006 "Kungloosh" ornament.
I love it. It looks great. Love the prints too. We got those for our bathroom next to the Disney guest room, so I guess that means we have a Disney bathroom now too. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskellingtonsgirl View Post
We bought a box of Nightmare ornaments at the Disney Store today. Eventually we will put up our tree. After we get home from WDW. We'll see if my fabulous spinning stand scares the cats enough to keep them away from the tree. We'll see if the tree can still spin with the weight of my ornaments...

I was disappointed at Hallmark today. They don't have a "son" ornament. We have always bought one for DS! They also don't have a "Grandma" ornament - DS and my mom exchange the "Grandma" and "Grandson" ornaments every year at Thanksgiving. I guess we are finished with those traditions now!

Professional tree decorating would be an incredibly valuable service in my house. AND it just so happens that *I* live close enough to Mr. Z that he really could help me!
LOL yes I could if I could find one moment free. This holiday season is kicking our butts.
zeitzeuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:35 AM   #27
Mathfailure
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 310

I know you are frantic with the holidays and the open house, but do you have more pictures? I love seeing them, would it help if I said pretty please?
Mathfailure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:47 AM   #28
zeitzeuge
DallasDisneyDork
Some people NEED to be bitten
Had a little accident in my pants when I found out I was going to Club 33!
 
zeitzeuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,907

Yeah I can post a few more. We've done some more decorating and are mostly finished, so I'll take a few more tonight and post for you.
zeitzeuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:07 AM   #29
Mathfailure
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 310

Thank you!

My husband is having dental surgury today, now actually!, and it will be something to look forward to tonight - as he will be groggy and grumpy from whatever they use to knock him out. Looking at joyful decorations will lighten my mood anyway, can't say for him
Mathfailure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:38 AM   #30
OrlandoMike
all I can say is beer hurts when it comes out of your nose!
I don't think we hijacked Halloween, we just do a better job at it!

Mr. Mike, plain ole head
 
OrlandoMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,730
DISboards Moderator

Well I think I am done, inside and outside, I'll try to post pics later today.

Is this supposed to be fun?
OrlandoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A 5th Disney World Theme Park?! TiggStitch Disney Rumors and News 73 03-26-2011 08:37 PM
worth $600 more? suite over reg. room? ZanyToes Disney Resorts 25 05-05-2010 02:47 PM
Disboutiquers Part 18 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-) teresajoy Disney for Families 3742 01-06-2010 08:11 PM
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Bedding at Disney Store? DonaldDC Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board 4 11-19-2009 12:37 AM
Photo Ops With Disney Villains ? keltshan Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 13 11-15-2009 10:04 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.