Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2009, 10:31 PM   #1
weedee
I wanna go back to Disney already...

Smile Our Escape Wedding TR/PJ ~ 06/2010 WP/Mizner's/Citricos

Wedding Details!

Cocktail Hour: Mizner's Lounge at the Grand Floridian

Reception Location: Citricos at the Grand Floridian

Outside Photographer: Jason Angelini

Makeup/Hair: Beaute Special

Last edited by weedee; 05-12-2013 at 11:10 PM.
weedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:45 PM   #2
Boston Disney Bride
DIS Veteran

Welcome!

YAY welcome!! I am another June bride. We get married at SBP on June 9 at 10AM..I love the engagement story..very cute I look forward to reading more details as you get them sorted out We really wanted to have a family member be the officiant, but none were too interested Oh well!
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2009, 10:47 PM   #3
sillykaren
Wishing upon a star...

Yay congrats and welcome! Looking forward to keeping up with all of your plans!
sillykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:58 PM   #4
weedee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Disney Bride View Post
YAY welcome!! I am another June bride. We get married at SBP on June 9 at 10AM..I love the engagement story..very cute I look forward to reading more details as you get them sorted out We really wanted to have a family member be the officiant, but none were too interested Oh well!
Thank you!! I actually just read your PJ right before I made mine, yay for June brides! I absolutely LOVE the tanks you made, I might have to steal that idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillykaren View Post
Yay congrats and welcome! Looking forward to keeping up with all of your plans!
Thanks!
Old 11-14-2009, 11:01 PM   #5
Boston Disney Bride
DIS Veteran

HAHA, steal away!! I'm so excited, we are only 7months away, its crazyyyy!! I feel like I have so much to do in such a small window of time. Glad I have someone else on here now who has the same time frame. You will become my new best friend
Old 11-14-2009, 11:28 PM   #6
weedee

Quote:
HAHA, steal away!! I'm so excited, we are only 7months away, its crazyyyy!! I feel like I have so much to do in such a small window of time. Glad I have someone else on here now who has the same time frame. You will become my new best friend
Sounds great to me! You're totally right though, SO much to do...it's so nice to have someone on the same schedule!

I can't believe there's only 7 months left, but we wanted a summer wedding before it got dreadfully hot in FL! We only recently started all the contract work so we haven't been assigned our wedding planner yet. I'm still stressing about finding a place to hold our reception dinner since we're approaching the 6 month mark to make reservations. Have you figured out what you're doing yet? I have read a lot about the Dessert Parties after dinner and they sound AWESOME...I'm just not sure if it's in the budget! Anyone know of an average dessert party cost? Thanks!
Old 11-15-2009, 06:21 AM   #7
figment fan21
Can't wait to be a Disney Bride!

Welcome! And Yay for another escape bride!!!
I want to see pics of the e-ring!!!

Can't wait to hear all about your plans!
Old 11-15-2009, 07:21 AM   #8
honey2741
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedee View Post
I'm still stressing about finding a place to hold our reception dinner since we're approaching the 6 month mark to make reservations. Have you figured out what you're doing yet? I have read a lot about the Dessert Parties after dinner and they sound AWESOME...I'm just not sure if it's in the budget! Anyone know of an average dessert party cost? Thanks!
Have you thought about the Flying Fish as a reception site? The average cost for a Dessert Party depends on how many folks will be there. It can range $1000-$2000. Congrats on your engagement!
Old 11-15-2009, 09:00 AM   #9
Boston Disney Bride
DIS Veteran

informal reception

For our "reception" if you want to call it that, we are going to have an informal lunch at like 12:30. Our wedding ceremony is at 10A so I decided to not have a Dessert Party, I figured that by 830-9 rolls around we will be exhausted and might just want to be alone. We havent decided on the restaurant for the lunch but I have a few in mind (Kona Cafe or Sanaa). The morning after the wedding, we are having a send off brunch with the characters at Ohanas, most of DF's family leaves on this day..so we thought it would be a nice send off. The other restaurants that I will be making reservations at are:

Boma(welcome Dinner)
50s Primetime
Whispering Canyon Cafe (rehearsal dinner)
Ohana(Send off brunch)

We can make dinner reservations soon, so I'd start thinking now so that you can call them and make them 180days out.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:02 AM   #10
Sarah84
DIS Veteran

Welcome and congratulations on your engagement

Another Escape bride though your wedding is almost 2 years before mine, lucky lady and what a lovely engagament story. You two are a cute couple

Look forward to reading more of your plans
April 2012: Disney World wedding & Mexico honeymoon
March 2013: Disneyland Paris July 2013: Las Vegas Jan 2014: Disney World & Disney cruise on The Magic
Sarah84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:44 AM   #11
weedee

x

Last edited by weedee; 05-12-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:01 PM   #12
sillykaren
Wishing upon a star...

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedee View Post
Here's the ring picture - I can't believe I forgot to include it!

Oooo gorgeous! I am a huge fan of round brilliant cuts myself!
sillykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #13
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Welcome and congratulations.

You can do a DP at Sago Cay to watch wishes for as little as $500.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 12:18 PM   #14
weedee

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey2741 View Post
Have you thought about the Flying Fish as a reception site? The average cost for a Dessert Party depends on how many folks will be there. It can range $1000-$2000. Congrats on your engagement!
Thanks! Flying Fish is a great suggestion, thanks! We'd really like to stay in the area of the Grand Floridian, but there just seems to be so many great restaurants in the boardwalk area!

Wow DP's are pricey! We will probably have about 20 people, so I imagine the price will be the higher...I have read on here that Saco Cay Pointe hosts DP's at the Grand Floridian, so I might look into their price range. I've read that with the Epcot parties there's an additional viewing fee, etc which I think might drive it up for us having so many people. I think not having the music at Saco Cay would be fine for our party too (since you have to pay so much $$$ to have it!).

Quote:
For our "reception" if you want to call it that, we are going to have an informal lunch at like 12:30. Our wedding ceremony is at 10A so I decided to not have a Dessert Party, I figured that by 830-9 rolls around we will be exhausted and might just want to be alone. We havent decided on the restaurant for the lunch but I have a few in mind (Kona Cafe or Sanaa). The morning after the wedding, we are having a send off brunch with the characters at Ohanas, most of DF's family leaves on this day..so we thought it would be a nice send off. The other restaurants that I will be making reservations at are:

Boma(welcome Dinner)
50s Primetime
Whispering Canyon Cafe (rehearsal dinner)
Ohana(Send off brunch)

We can make dinner reservations soon, so I'd start thinking now so that you can call them and make them 180days out.
A send off brunch is a great idea! I think most of our family and friends coming are staying for a couple days to enjoy the park, but if not I think something like this would be a really nice addition to our plans.

Wow those are some great choices. Since we are having the ceremony/cake cutting at the Grand Floridian, we want to try and find a reception site within walking distance. We are looking right now at Narcoossee's, though I've read on here that they don't take reservations over 12 guests (we're going to have 20-25). I can't believe we have to make reservations so soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
Welcome and congratulations on your engagement

Another Escape bride though your wedding is almost 2 years before mine, lucky lady and what a lovely engagament story. You two are a cute couple

Look forward to reading more of your plans
Thank you! I'm sure you're wedding will be here before you know it!
Old 11-15-2009, 12:23 PM   #15
weedee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Welcome and congratulations.

You can do a DP at Sago Cay to watch wishes for as little as $500.
Thank you! That is AWESOME to hear. I am definitely going to contact them about doing a DP there to save on money. We are splurging on doing our Escape at WP and possibly having an outsider photographer - so saving $$$ is top priority!

Last edited by weedee; 05-12-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: