Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
laracroft
DIS Veteran

Yeast Rolls

Would anyone mind sharing a good yeast roll recipe? I need one for the holidays. The one that I have been making comes out way to heavy and not like a true yeast roll. I would love one I can make a day ahead or so and let it rise the final time the day of baking. Thank you so much!
laracroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
disneyhand
DIS Veteran

Check out thepioneerwoman.com. Go to cooking, sides, bread and find her no knead dinner rolls. They are yummy. I love her recipes. Warning this site is addicting.......
disneyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
laracroft
DIS Veteran

Thank you I will check her out!
Old 11-17-2009, 06:02 AM   #4
psammie1025
Mouseketeer

These are yummy & super easy! I make them the night before Thanksgiving & Christmas for our dinner.

NO-KNEAD BISCUITS

2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 package Active Dry Yeast
1 & 1/4 cups Milk
1/2 cup Butter
1/4 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
1 Egg
1 & 1/4 cup All Purpose or Wheat Flour

In a large mixer bowl, mix the 2 cups of flour & the yeast with a wooden spoon. Place the milk, butter, sugar & salt into a saucepan. Cook & stir over medium heat until the butter almost melts & the mixture is warm (115 degrees). Pour warm mixture over the flour mixture. Add egg & beat at low speed for 30 seconds. Then increase to high speed & beat for 3 minutes. Gradually stir in the 1 & 1/4 cup of flour. Turn the mixer off & beat with a wooden spoon til smooth.
Cover the dough in the bowl with greased waxed paper. Place the bowl in a warm place to rise for 1 hour or until the dough is doubled in size. Beat the dough down with the wooden spoon. Let it rest for 5 minutes. Grease 2 (12 slot) muffin pans with shortening. Drop batter with a spoon into the muffin pans, filling them about halfway. Cover with greased waxed paper & let rise about 30 minutes or until doubled. Remove the paper & bake in a 400 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove & cool on wire racks. When cool, store in tightly cover container or zip lock bag.
psammie1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:52 PM   #5
laracroft
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psammie1025 View Post
These are yummy & super easy! I make them the night before Thanksgiving & Christmas for our dinner.

NO-KNEAD BISCUITS

2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 package Active Dry Yeast
1 & 1/4 cups Milk
1/2 cup Butter
1/4 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
1 Egg
1 & 1/4 cup All Purpose or Wheat Flour

In a large mixer bowl, mix the 2 cups of flour & the yeast with a wooden spoon. Place the milk, butter, sugar & salt into a saucepan. Cook & stir over medium heat until the butter almost melts & the mixture is warm (115 degrees). Pour warm mixture over the flour mixture. Add egg & beat at low speed for 30 seconds. Then increase to high speed & beat for 3 minutes. Gradually stir in the 1 & 1/4 cup of flour. Turn the mixer off & beat with a wooden spoon til smooth.
Cover the dough in the bowl with greased waxed paper. Place the bowl in a warm place to rise for 1 hour or until the dough is doubled in size. Beat the dough down with the wooden spoon. Let it rest for 5 minutes. Grease 2 (12 slot) muffin pans with shortening. Drop batter with a spoon into the muffin pans, filling them about halfway. Cover with greased waxed paper & let rise about 30 minutes or until doubled. Remove the paper & bake in a 400 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove & cool on wire racks. When cool, store in tightly cover container or zip lock bag.
Thank you! That sounds really easy and I like the make ahead feature!
Old 11-18-2009, 06:40 AM   #6
psammie1025
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroft View Post
Thank you! That sounds really easy and I like the make ahead feature!
they are really easy, so good luck!
psammie1025 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: