Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2009, 09:02 AM   #1
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

It’s a “Wonder” I survived: Day 8 – Relaxing, Narcoosee’s & a surprise for Lee

The cast:

Me – Disney obsessed, Shopaholic & extremely clumsy!
Lee (DH) – aka the Mad Hatter….

15th September 2009 = Day 8

Today was all about relaxing and I certainly managed that as I didn’t wake up until 10am!!!! As we were away for three weeks I knew we would have to do some laundry at some point, so I sorted the clothes out and we headed down to the nearest laundry room by one of the small pools on Millers Road.

We put the laundry on and Lee waited on the sun loungers reading his book whilst I went up to the resort shop to see if I could get some cream & more antihistamine tablets as I was running low. My prickly heat rash was driving me crazy, really swollen & itchy, unfortunately they didn’t have anything in the shop. Whilst I was there I picked up some more of my shopping and dropped it off back at the room, then changed into my swimming costume and grabbed my book, sun cream etc and went back to the pool.

We both went for a swim, it was lovely and quiet only a handful of people sunbathing. We stayed at the pool for a few hours, it was nice and relaxing even though I had to sit in the shade.

We collected the clothes and went back to the room about 3pm, we ironed a few bits that we wanted to wear for dinner then got showered and changed. I drove over to the Grand Floridian and we arrived for our 6pm reservation at Narcoosee’s right on time.

We were seated with a fantastic view of Cinderella’s castle…..I mentioned to Lee when we sat down that it was such a shame our reservation was so early as tonight was a MNSSHP so the fireworks weren’t until 9.30pm & we had the perfect spot to watch it.....Oh well.

We had a lovely server called Chevy, he was very polite & efficient. We ordered our drinks a coke for me & a Raspberry Mojito for Lee (which I drank ) we decided to skip the starters as there wasn’t really anything I fancied on the menu. For main course Lee ordered the Surf and Turf: twin medallions of filet mignon, butter poached rock lobster tail, potato gratin with choron sauce and broccolini.

I opted for the Grilled Filet Mignon but with fries as I didn’t fancy the potato gratin, however Lee kept telling me how lovely it was so I tasted it and wished I had that instead, it was yummy! Never mind there is always next time.

Both main courses were very nice. For dessert Lee decided on the Key Lime Creme Brulee but for some reason I haven’t got a piccie – anyway I guess if you’ve seen one crème brulee then you’ve seen them all.

I think I was too busy drooling over my dessert, I went with the same thing I had in December – Almond crusted Cheesecake with lambert cherry sauce….which was once again just devine!

After dessert we decided to have a coffee. Lee opted for his usual caffeine fix of Café Mocha whilst I decided to try a Nut Cracker- which was coffee mixed with Baileys & Vodka with whipped cream on top, it was ok but not sure I’d have it again with Vodka in.

Whilst we were drinking our coffee Lee mentioned again about how lovely it would be to watch the fireworks from our table so I decided that it was the perfect time to spring my surprise on him….I had managed to book a Wishes Fireworks cruise, he was so surprised and excited.

We finished up & paid the bill – 2x Table Service credits each + drinks + tip. We had a while before we needed to go over to the marina so we had a look around the lobby and in the gift shops. I just love the chandeliers in the lobby….

A closer look…..

We then sat for a while listening to the live band in the lobby before heading down to the Marina. Our skipper (David) was waiting for us, he said we could go out early as he was ready so we boarded the boat and he took us all around Seven Seas Lagoon telling us lots of interesting facts.

I will admit now that stupidly I had neglected to bring both the video recorder & our DSLR so we haven’t got any decent photos only a few very blurry one’s using our little point & shoot, however in hindsight I am really glad that I forgot to bring them as we both just sat back & relaxed rather than one of us taking pics & the other filming which is what normally happens at every show/parade/fireworks etc.

Here is the style of boat you go on (this was taken at the Poly later in the trip as we forgot to take one on the night)....

During our trip around Seven Seas Lagoon our skipper had a call from his boss asking if we had ordered anything from room service from the Contemporary?

I sheepishly realised they were referring to the little gift I had ordered for Lee but I had ordered it from the wrong resort!!! Oops! It wasn’t a problem as we were right by the Contemporary anyway so we swung by the marina where they were waiting for us with these….

(Photos were taken later when we got back to OKW)

They are hand painted White Chocolate statues & came in a box along with a card i'd requested thanking Lee for 17 magical years together. We currently have them on the side in our kitchen – it was a pain getting them home in one piece but worth it, they are just too cute to eat.

After our little detour we came back round in front of the Grand Floridian for a very up close & personal view of the Electric Water Pageant…..

Once the EWP finished we headed into position in front of Magic Kingdom. I was very lucky to secure our cruise on a MNSSHP night which I am sure made it even more magical as the fireworks were AWESOME!

This is a very bad photo (bobbing up & down on a boat & taking firework photos is not a good mix) but gives you some perspective of the view we had….

It is absolutely impossible to describe how magical it was to be sat in the middle of the Seven Seas Lagoon watching the best firework display I have ever seen snuggled up with the love of my life. It was incredible & so romantic.

I will admit it’s not cheap. $319 + tip but it was worth every single $! It was Lee’s highlight of the whole trip (probably mine too) & we will never forget it.

After HalloWishes the boat docked back at the Grand Floridian, we walked back to the car & were back to OKW by about 10.30pm. We were both buzzing from such a wonderful day!

Coming next……Seaworld & Yachtsmen Steakhouse

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland

Last edited by Pinky166; 11-28-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Such a lovely relaxing day!!! IKWYM about taking the photos - sometimes it's just nice to enjoy the moment...

And your dinner looks divine!!! Please Miss, is Narcoossees on our list...?
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2009, 11:49 AM   #3
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

What a wonderful evening you guys had, was it just you two on the boat?
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:42 PM   #4
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
And your dinner looks divine!!! Please Miss, is Narcoossees on our list...?
Yep along with about 100 other restaurants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelittlemermaid83 View Post
What a wonderful evening you guys had, was it just you two on the boat?
Just us and the skipper but he was sat at the back of the boat whilst we watched the fireworks.

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post

Just us and the skipper but he was sat at the back of the boat whilst we watched the fireworks.
Awwww so romantic!
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #6
eeyorefanuk
DIS Veteran

I have been waiting patiently as been a little while since the last one ....... sounds like a perfect evening ......... meal sounds lovely and how romantic on the wishes cruise ........ just perfect

eeyorefanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:56 PM   #7
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

What a lovely romantic day

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:42 PM   #8
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

What a fab, relaxing day Claire .. and what a lovely surprise for Lee too

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:49 PM   #9
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

That must have been so romantic out on the water with the fireworks.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #10
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

What a lovely romantic surprise.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:51 AM   #11
scottish mum
We still have 2 posties in shorts
I'm still learning how to work it

Sounds like the perfect day
Disneyland Paris 1994, 1997, 2004, 2009
fort wilderness cabins september 2008
Beach Club October 2010

scottish mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 04:01 AM   #12
Natasha&Matt
I fancy Prince Eric

So lovely!!! more more more... xx i wanna see a pic of the worm lool

May 2005 All star Movies May 2008 Pop Century September 2009 Newport Bay Club
May 2010 Enclave Suites/Hard Rock Hotel Club/Pop Century

Natasha&Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 04:26 AM   #13
wideeyes
Won't use fake tan, wants to stay pale & interesting
Does not do sea food

a lovely day and the food looks sooo nice.
wideeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:34 AM   #14
wicket2005
Hasn't got a clue what a tag is
Christmassyfyed, yes I have had a glass of wine judging by that spelling

A lovely day Claire.

1996, 1998, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008x2, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014
wicket2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:29 PM   #15
jackieleanne
DIS Veteran

Just caught up finally with all your days and I feel so bad for you with your foot. and the handbag

Love your photos they are really great also loving all your shopping pics. Can't wait to read more. The wishes cruise looks great.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

jackieleanne is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: