Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2009, 09:20 AM   #91
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
The crepes were definitely at Cafe Orleans. I know they serve crepes there because my mom has had them before, plus I recognized the restaurant.

Funny when I was watching them make the yule log, I was wondering why I've never seen it at DL before. Found it at Plaza Inn last week, but OMG the pieces are HUGE! (as evidenced by smiley_face's pic) I wanted to try it but there was no way I'd eat that much, especially after my dinner.

As far as the gingerbread house, yeah that perplexed me too. However, the shape of it looked a lot like Mickey's house, so maybe it was displayed in Toontown or something. I know over the years I've seen a few display gingerbread houses at the Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Street, but didn't see one this year. Hmm.
Good! I am glad I wasn't the only perpplexed one about those gingerbread houses! You know, you must have read my mind becauuse, just yesterday, I was watching Guy's DLR special again (I just can't get enough of seeing DLR at holidaytime, even though I have it saved on the DVR!!), and Blue Ribbon Bakery popped into my mind. Guy at one point mentions the bakery chef dude and then they flash to a shot of BRB. So I thought, Okay, maybe the houses are on display there. I have been into BRB for the holidays, but maybe I just didn't notice the houses? (IT is always so crowded in there when I go.) I can't believe they didn't put one out this year for display, especially when Guy's special is airing, showing this whole segment on making the houses!!! Maybe they moved it to the bakery over in DCA.

In any case, they need something festive in BRB for the holidays, decoration-wise. WDW has a great Christmas tree with cupcake ornaments in one of their bakeries, so DLR shouldn't be slacking off in that area!!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:40 AM   #92
FourOrchards
Mouseketeer

We were there when they were filming it. It was so cool to see him, his wife and kids. I watched the show and I loved seeing all the Christmas festivities we will be seeing this Saturday when we are there! I so wish we could see the candy cane making but I know that line is long and I can't imagine any of my family wanting to wait.
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: