Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #76
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy from Boise View Post
I would guess the G houses could be in club 33, the concierge lounges, VIP suites in the resorts....
Oh, that's a thought! I hadn't considered those locations before, but I figured those gingerbread houses - or at least one house - must be on display somewhere in DLR since they took the time to do a whole segment on it on Guy's show.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:48 AM   #77
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinerbelle View Post
Pic looks YUMMY... was it as good as it looks? Do you mind if I ask how much $$ it was?... not that that will stop me from getting it if you say it was FANTASTIC!
lol... I'd say get one for sure! it was very good. We are truly spoiled in the awesome food department, so for my taste it could have been a bit richer chocolatey...but I sure would get another one this year if they are still there!
I honestly don't remember at all how much it was...but it was huge!! plenty for hubby and I to share and dd had a couple of bites too...

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #78
Cinerbelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley_face2 View Post
lol... I'd say get one for sure! it was very good. We are truly spoiled in the awesome food department, so for my taste it could have been a bit richer chocolatey...but I sure would get another one this year if they are still there!
I honestly don't remember at all how much it was...but it was huge!! plenty for hubby and I to share and dd had a couple of bites too...
Thanks! I showed my kids the picture last night and they said... "ummm, YEAH we are getting that"!!
Old 12-09-2009, 04:33 PM   #79
DizneyDogs
Mouseketeer
Scrapbooking Diva

do they ever have the full episodes on the internet to watch? I don't currently have cable as I am inbetween houses right now but I love watching triple D.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:35 AM   #80
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

I looked around because I missed the first 20 minutes and couldn't find it anywhere. (internet)
Old 12-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #81
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

I would say give it time. First of all, it will air again this month on Food Network, while it is still the holidays, so keep checking the listings. It may not show up on the Web until after the holidays are over. But if it does not show up on YouTube anywhere, check Hulu too.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 12-10-2009, 11:24 PM   #82
Flitterific
DIS Veteran

I watched both showings of it that night and absolutely cannot wait to get go to Napa Rose. I was drooling for the cioppino and egg nog creme brulee tart

Oh...I think the crepes were at Cafe Orleans since Guy mentioned that they were served in New Orleans Square
Flitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #83
Rescue Pooh
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting this. My wife loves Guy. We'll try to watch tomorrow or Saturday.
Rescue Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:33 AM   #84
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

I've been so sad because it has not been on the food network here in Canada....scoured the internet for it, no luck. Today I did a search (for the one millionth time) and it is showing on the foodnetwork here in Canada several times starting thursday!! hubby was looking at future recordings set up on the dvr...."ummmm why do you have this set to record about 6 different times?...." "DUH??!!" "like as if I'd take a chance on missing it!!" lol...

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:44 PM   #85
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flitterific View Post
Oh...I think the crepes were at Cafe Orleans since Guy mentioned that they were served in New Orleans Square
Yep.

And b/c the people eating them were sitting in the outdoor section (lady sitting in the same spot I freaked out the server by drinking 3+ cups of coffee, back when they had breakfast there) at CO.

I'm the opposite of everyone...as a longtime vegetarian the stuff at Napa Rose was disgusting! I've been in a small apartment while a goose was cooked, and it's an experience I *never* want to be near again, so I'm not sure I'll ever want to set foot in NR now...

And of course everything else he was part of making, but *maybe* the Yule Log (and since shortcut chefs have been known to toss gelatin into whipped cream to make it set prettier, and the candies would have to be taken off, that seems doubtful), is forbidden in our house due to gelatin or corn syrup or food colorings....sigh.

Why did I even watch it...I don't even like the guy!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:51 PM   #86
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Yep.

And b/c the people eating them were sitting in the outdoor section (lady sitting in the same spot I freaked out the server by drinking 3+ cups of coffee, back when they had breakfast there) at CO.

I'm the opposite of everyone...as a longtime vegetarian the stuff at Napa Rose was disgusting! I've been in a small apartment while a goose was cooked, and it's an experience I *never* want to be near again, so I'm not sure I'll ever want to set foot in NR now...

And of course everything else he was part of making, but *maybe* the Yule Log (and since shortcut chefs have been known to toss gelatin into whipped cream to make it set prettier, and the candies would have to be taken off, that seems doubtful), is forbidden in our house due to gelatin or corn syrup or food colorings....sigh.

Why did I even watch it...I don't even like the guy!
You probably watched it for the same reason I did, Molly - just to catch a little glimpse of the prettiness of DLR at Yuletime! I am with you on Napa Rose! I know I am in the minority on this, but I have NO desire to eat there whatsoever. None. Not my type of place at all. And I am not a vegetarian. But I just tend to have no interest in 'fine dining' cuisine. Give me a good diner or Italian joint any day!

I still think it was dumb that (A) They did not show the gingerbread men with Mickey ears cookies and instead only showed us regular gingerbread men, and (B) They did the whole segment on how to make the gingerbread house and gave no clue of where to see it on display!

Still, though, I did enjoy seeing the backdrop of DLR during this time of year, and it was a good companion piece to the HGTV special, "Behind the Magic: Disney Holidays."

Old 12-12-2009, 01:04 PM   #87
aristocat65
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley_face2 View Post
I've been so sad because it has not been on the food network here in Canada....scoured the internet for it, no luck. Today I did a search (for the one millionth time) and it is showing on the foodnetwork here in Canada several times starting thursday!! hubby was looking at future recordings set up on the dvr...."ummmm why do you have this set to record about 6 different times?...." "DUH??!!" "like as if I'd take a chance on missing it!!" lol...
I feel your pain. I finally found it on this Thursday at 8 pm. I've marked it on the calendar
Disneyland 1976, Disneyland 1979, Disneyland 1989 Anaheim Hilton (honeymoon), Disneyland 1991 Desert Inn and Suites, Disneyland 1999 Hilton Suites, Disneyland 2002 Ayres Anaheim, Disneyland 2004 Embassy Suites South, WDW 2005 Boardwalk Villas, Disneyland 2006 CCI, WDW 2006 Wilderness Lodge, Disneyland 2007 Embassy Suites South, WDW 2008 Coronado Springs, Disneyland 2008 Embassy Suites, WDW August 2009, Wilderness Lodge, Disneyland Feb 2011 Grand Californian, Disneyland Sept 2011, Disneyland Hotel, Disneyland May 2013 Paradise Pier, WDW November 2013 Port Orleans Riverside/Boardwalk Inn
aristocat65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:42 AM   #88
fairycat
Modern Disney Princess in Black
Hurray for it and all that
Likes the bunnies

Focus on the egg nog creme brule Bumbershoot I love Napa Rose and am a Vegetarian, but I love fine dining.

I want gingerbread cookies now!! BTW I wonder if that is who built the Haunted Manison gingerbread?

I've Been BOO'd!
fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:31 AM   #89
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to make a quick mention--I was so really bummed because I missed the first half of the show because I worked, and was even more upset because when it repeated I was going to be in Portland.
Ok got to the hotel, no food channel even... But :
actually got to go to his show last night and it was awesome! Got his autograph twice--long story-- and my picture taken with him! He is very down to earth. The show was so fun though-- seriously I haven't had so much fun in a long time, if it's in your area you should definitely go. We bought our tickets at the box office so were up in the balcony but right before Guy came onstage a man came up and told us we could have any seat we wanted on the floor and we ended up about 15 rows back!
**He did mention having to steal his triple d camera guys back from Disney for the tour--and what he had to do to get 'em lol.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:34 AM   #90
Diznygrl
Disneyland Fanatic
But really, let's get real. I've never met a donut I didn't like

The crepes were definitely at Cafe Orleans. I know they serve crepes there because my mom has had them before, plus I recognized the restaurant.

Funny when I was watching them make the yule log, I was wondering why I've never seen it at DL before. Found it at Plaza Inn last week, but OMG the pieces are HUGE! (as evidenced by smiley_face's pic) I wanted to try it but there was no way I'd eat that much, especially after my dinner.

As far as the gingerbread house, yeah that perplexed me too. However, the shape of it looked a lot like Mickey's house, so maybe it was displayed in Toontown or something. I know over the years I've seen a few display gingerbread houses at the Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Street, but didn't see one this year. Hmm.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: