Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #61
Brancaneve
DIS Veteran

Where do you get the crepes? Those looked so yummy!
Next time we go, I really need to get off the rides and search out the food. I really regretted not wandering into more food establishments in the park when I was there last weekend!
Old 12-06-2009, 07:36 AM   #62
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

That was a very enjoyable show! I 'knew' about the candy canes, but not really! Very cool. Also missed where the crepes are served. Need to find that.
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2009, 08:08 AM   #63
love2go2disney2
Love the Mouse

I loved the special!! It was so nice to have a special just for Disneyland! I want some of those crepes too!! WE leave in 8 days!! Cant wait for Christmas at DL.

love2go2disney2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:17 AM   #64
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Great! Now that many of us have seen the special, let's all debrief!

First of all, I am not a big crepe person, but those holiday crepes looked fantastic. I can only assume they are perhaps sold at French Market? Maybe River Belle Terrace? I don't think they are at Cafe Orleans or we probably would have heard about it, but maybe.....

Next, I loved watching the whole process of how those candy canes are made, and it is a lot of work! That takes real manpower.

Also, I wondered why they did not show us any of the famous Mickey ears-gingerbread cookies that are so fantastic, but instead showed us the snowman shortbread cookies and regular, non-Mickey ears gingerbread cookies.

I love peppermint ice cream so was glad that segment at Gibson Girl was worked into the show. I was also pleased to see the Snowman candy apples make an appearance.

Now...the gingerbread house.....that whole segment confused me. I realize there is a giant gingerbread house in the parade, but the chef made the smaller version as though they were going to be using that version somewhere. Is there a window display or something where that smaller-scale gingerbread house can be seen? I have never seen it, and I know they don't sell them at DLR...so where in the heck is it?

I liked the Napa Rose segment, but Napa Rose is just not my type of place. I don't care about fine dining and the major 'presentation' of food at all. I am much more of a simple girl. I would be just as happy eating a really good hamburger or pizza. So I would never eat at Napa Rose for the holidays, but I can see where many folks love it there.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 12-06-2009 at 10:38 AM.
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #65
Heymy
Mouseketeer

I loved this show!!

As for the crepes, they didn't mention where they were served, but I do know that Cafe Orleans has crepes on their menu. I had the seafood crepes on my last trip and they were delicious!

What about the Yule Log, where can we get that? Yummy!

We'll be at the Napa Rose next weekend for our anniversary and I was so excited to see the segment. We've never been and I'm already obbsessing about this meal.

Heymy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:36 AM   #66
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heymy View Post
I loved this show!!

As for the crepes, they didn't mention where they were served, but I do know that Cafe Orleans has crepes on their menu. I had the seafood crepes on my last trip and they were delicious!

We'll be at the Napa Rose next weekend for our anniversary and I was so excited to see the segment. We've never been and I'm already obbsessing about this meal.
Okay, so then I guess the holiday crepes they showed are served at Cafe Orleans. I was assuming French Market or River Belle Terrace.

The yule log can be found at Plaza Inn, for one. I don't know if that is the only place that has it on the menu or just one of a few places, but I know you can find it there. I saw a photo of it from one of our DIS-ers.

I am still confused about the gingerbread house segment - why did they stick that segment in there and not tell us where that little house can be viewed? It must be on display somewhere, right?

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:44 AM   #67
jenpace
DIS Veteran

We watched it last night and thought it was fun...in spite of the fact that Guy Fieri was the host. He's just way too abrasive for me...tries too hard
Old 12-06-2009, 12:58 PM   #68
DisneyloverinWA
Waiting for the Magic

I love Disneyland and Guy, so this special was just for me!! I loved the part where they made candy canes. Making candy by hand is a lot of work, so that would be a really special treat!

Did I say I love Disneyland? 44 days until we leave. Yippee!!
DisneyloverinWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #69
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

My sister watched the show last night and called asking to move our Nov 1, 2010 trip dates to Nov 15th so we can see all the Holiday stuff. The Disney magic worked on her.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:28 PM   #70
Brancaneve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heymy View Post
I loved this show!!

We were at the Napa Rose this year for our anniversary and they made it so special. The food was amazing and make sure you mention that it's your anniversary. They gave us a complimentary glass of excellen champagne.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:49 PM   #71
roxy72
Mouseketeer

Cool episode - I DVRed it and am watching it now. I also want to know where those crepes are from! It looked like the family who ate them were eating inside a nice establishment, with stained windows behind them. Hm. I think he mentioned that there was a fruity and a dessert crepe too? I gotta try these!

Last edited by roxy72; 12-06-2009 at 04:56 PM.
roxy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:52 AM   #72
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Okay, so then I guess the holiday crepes they showed are served at Cafe Orleans. I was assuming French Market or River Belle Terrace.

The yule log can be found at Plaza Inn, for one. I don't know if that is the only place that has it on the menu or just one of a few places, but I know you can find it there. I saw a photo of it from one of our DIS-ers.

I am still confused about the gingerbread house segment - why did they stick that segment in there and not tell us where that little house can be viewed? It must be on display somewhere, right?
we had this at the Plaza Inn never did see it anywhere else...pieces were huge!

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:57 AM   #73
Cinerbelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley_face2 View Post
we had this at the Plaza Inn never did see it anywhere else...pieces were huge!

Pic looks YUMMY... was it as good as it looks? Do you mind if I ask how much $$ it was?... not that that will stop me from getting it if you say it was FANTASTIC!
Old 12-07-2009, 10:23 AM   #74
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Yeah, they normally have crepes on the menu at Cafe Orleans, but this year (and I don't remember seeing them last year) they didn't have special holiday crepes on the menu. Maybe they had (have) them at French Market?
Old 12-07-2009, 05:52 PM   #75
Judy from Boise
Watch out – might take away your birthday
Not superfluous in the least!
DIS World Traveller

DISboards Moderator

I would guess the G houses could be in club 33, the concierge lounges, VIP suites in the resorts....
Judy from Boise is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: