Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Any one sat outdoors at WCT for Electric Parade?

Hello!
I thought they sat outdoors all year around, but the CM at disney dining told me they were not doing reservations out there right now. Knowing that they are not always in the know...thought I would ask.

I currently have a 7:40 reservation, but will likely only keep it if it will allow us to watch the parade from our table.

Thanks to anyone that has info on this.
Tracey
Old 12-13-2009, 01:21 PM   #2
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Is your ADR for tonight? If so, with the wet weather we've been having I would understand no seating anyone outside. If they are only seating inside it means they won't have much seating available. The inside area is pretty small. The couple times we sat inside (on cold days) it was still pretty cold inside what with the doors being open. If they aren't seating outside then I assume they'll close the doors.

I hope you get to seat outside to see the parade. We did this on my birthday in June and it was a great place to watch. Just so you know even if you are seated outside there's no guarantee you'll get to sit on the outside edge. We didn't for my birthday but they let us move over after we finished (there was an open table) Funny thing was how many people kept coming onto the terrace to get the table. The waitress had to keep telling them they had to leave. I was surprised at their....audacity. The restaurant was still open.

Good luck.
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
ballarinamom
DIS Veteran

We sat outside last year but with the construction going on, I don;t know if it goes all the way down to WCT. When we were ther in November, The Pixar Parade, which had come past WCT, turned just before. You were only able to see some of it from the wine terrace of the wine bar

Me (44 yikes!) , DH (46) , DD (11)
ballarinamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #4
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
...I currently have a 7:40 reservation, but will likely only keep it if it will allow us to watch the parade from our table.

Tracey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydaz View Post
Is your ADR for tonight? ... I hope you get to seat outside to see the parade....
Okay, I have the same quetion as DizneyDaz, but for a different reason. What date is your PS? The ELP is not on the calendar for tonight.

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:04 PM   #5
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Sorry for the confusion. We will be there next week, and I was thinking Sunday for watching the Electric Parade. If not, then we will probably eat somewhere else and just walk out to the less crowded pier area.

Thanks for all your responses.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:45 PM   #6
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Okay. I totally forgot about the const. walls being up. I noticed the other day that the parade route (Pixar) was turning in right between First Aid (and Mission Tortillas) and the Famer's Market. If the ELP does the same thing you would barely be able to see it from WTC.
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:14 PM   #7
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
Hello!
I thought they sat outdoors all year around, but the CM at disney dining told me they were not doing reservations out there right now. Knowing that they are not always in the know...thought I would ask.

I currently have a 7:40 reservation, but will likely only keep it if it will allow us to watch the parade from our table.

Tracey
Hey Tracey!!

The Divas have done this a couple times. It's true they won't guarantee you get a table next to the wall, but we did the last time and it's just so cool to watch the parade from there. The Divas 2008 was during Food & Wine so a bunch of us did the wine tasting one night and sat right next to the wall; again, so cool!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 01:48 AM   #8
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

I had heard they don't make ressies for the patio outside of summer because they can't guarantee weather. What would they do if they booked the patio and inside and it rained? They have a very crowded restaurant and many angry customers. I'm pretty sure if the weather is fine, you can sit out there. Just request it at check in.

*RE: the parade route, I had also heard/read that the old route would be opened back up in time for the DEP's return. Not sure if that's still the case or not. I heard this back in Sept.

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:44 AM   #9
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Thanks everyone. Well, it looks like a bit of recon will be necessary. I will research and report back on Saturday. Provided we make the trip. Still up in the air...sigh...

Stacielee, I remember reading that and stored it in my little head. Now if only the construction walls will be down. The weather forecast is looking great!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: