Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2009, 09:46 PM   #61
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Aw, poor girl. Poor mom! Maybe if she thinks about it again you could tell her something happy, like the balloons are flying somewhere else in the world now to make another child happy.

As for the shirts, I have no idea, but it's worth a try, or at least a phone call. I bet they can do it, if a home computer can do it!
Old 11-22-2009, 03:26 PM   #62
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

I feel so overwhelmed today...I think it may be Savvy's face yesterday when the balloons flew away...sound silly but she is just such a good girl and I have never seen that look in her eyes before.

The meeting was very quick yesterday. They came to the house and gave us the packet. I think that I should not have read about others trips because I thought Savvy was going to get a little send off. I guess the balloons were her send off and then I blew it for her........ah....I think I am just overwhelmed all of a sudden that I will not make this trip special enough for her and that maybe I made a mistake by choosing to get this trip granted to her at such a young age.....I need a good kick in the tush! I wish I had started planning earlier...maybe that is just it.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2324802 - pre-trip report
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2009, 03:46 PM   #63
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah's Mami View Post
I feel so overwhelmed today...I think it may be Savvy's face yesterday when the balloons flew away...sound silly but she is just such a good girl and I have never seen that look in her eyes before.

The meeting was very quick yesterday. They came to the house and gave us the packet. I think that I should not have read about others trips because I thought Savvy was going to get a little send off. I guess the balloons were her send off and then I blew it for her........ah....I think I am just overwhelmed all of a sudden that I will not make this trip special enough for her and that maybe I made a mistake by choosing to get this trip granted to her at such a young age.....I need a good kick in the tush! I wish I had started planning earlier...maybe that is just it.
This trip will be special for her even if it rains every day, all you can find to eat is spinach, and every ride in the parks is broken down and you had no plans! It's obvious how much you love Savvy, and the fact that you will all be there together at WDW and GKTW would make the trip special for everyone. It's easy for me to say, but try not to sweat the small stuff..I was feeling the same way about expectations after we talked to our wish granters, and then realized it didn't matter, even if they just handed us tickets, Piper is still going to be thrilled with every experience we have while we're there. I'm sure Savvy feels the same way.

If you feel like you need help with planning anything, be sure to let us all know..one of the good things about the boards is that there are plenty of people that have been there, done that..and the rest of us want your trip to go as well as you do because we understand what your family goes through as much as another person can. So more give yourself time to feel the way you're feeling, and tomorrow is a new day!
Old 11-22-2009, 11:39 PM   #64
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipersmom View Post
This trip will be special for her even if it rains every day, all you can find to eat is spinach, and every ride in the parks is broken down and you had no plans! It's obvious how much you love Savvy, and the fact that you will all be there together at WDW and GKTW would make the trip special for everyone. It's easy for me to say, but try not to sweat the small stuff..I was feeling the same way about expectations after we talked to our wish granters, and then realized it didn't matter, even if they just handed us tickets, Piper is still going to be thrilled with every experience we have while we're there. I'm sure Savvy feels the same way.

If you feel like you need help with planning anything, be sure to let us all know..one of the good things about the boards is that there are plenty of people that have been there, done that..and the rest of us want your trip to go as well as you do because we understand what your family goes through as much as another person can. So more give yourself time to feel the way you're feeling, and tomorrow is a new day!
Thank you....I am over my boo hoo moment. Sometimes not often but sometimes I do feel like Savvy was so cheated a "normal" childhood...I know she is only turning 3 in 2 weeks but God knows this baby girl has had some crappolla times and she has always so strong and good. That is why we call her a Warrior Princess...so tiny and sweet but tough!
Don't get me wrong she gets time out and can be a monkey too but I am so freaking grateful she is even alive...simply here...so at times I feel like I have to make it up to her or that this could be our last memories....have I cheated her?? ....I could go on...but I am back on track now.

She is yummilicious and frankly it is hard to stay in a "mood" for very long when you look at those dimples and kiss that face!

Old 11-23-2009, 08:51 AM   #65
maroo
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh. How heartbreaking! I can't believe she lost her balloons.

They have these really cool balloons at Disney...I hope that you are able to get her a few (I am sure they are crazy expensive)...and tie them to her wrist! And let her skip down Main Street - that would be awesome!

We didn't get a send off party, either. And they didn't do the Limo for Lauren either. Each chapter is different in what they provide.

Each trip is so different. You guys will have your magical moment (like skipping down the street with the balloons) - it may be something big - or something small - but you will remember it forever. For us it was watching SpectroMagic Parade in the rain. They had a blast playing in the rain. Simple stuff.

I think when you get to GKTW - all doubts you have will melt away.

There will probably be a disappointing moment or two on your trip. Rain. A missed opportunity. Who knows...but overall, I have not seen a family come back that was not glad for the research they did and so glad that they took the trip!

Old 11-23-2009, 01:11 PM   #66
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

So we have decided against Mickey's Very Merry Xmas Parade...bummer cause I really wanted to go...but we have to purchase a camera (hoping for a good Black Friday deal)...ours is broken...apparently it does not bounce when a 2 year old throws it on the ground..Who knew?

So now with the purchase of the camera and dog boarding I don't think I can justify the ticket price for the 3 of us.

We do know that we will be doing Epcot on Friday, December 11th since MAW booked the lunch with the princesses at Epcot....so then we decided that we would do Seaworld on Thursday and get back to GKTW for the Xmas parade in the evening. Other then that we are having a hard time figuring out which park to go to on which day.

My hubby finally saw the light when he started to read about all of the attractions Savvy would love....we need to plan our days!!!

Old 11-23-2009, 01:53 PM   #67
maroo
DIS Veteran

I am sad that you are not doing the MVMCP.

But, you guys are going to have so much to see and do - that I think you will be plenty busy and plenty happy without doing it!

Christmas at GTKW is magical!
Old 11-24-2009, 02:20 PM   #68
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
I am sad that you are not doing the MVMCP.

But, you guys are going to have so much to see and do - that I think you will be plenty busy and plenty happy without doing it!

Christmas at GTKW is magical!
It is going to be magical either way!
Today, I headed to AC Moore and bought some shirts...and the iron on sheets...I am going to attempt to make some shirts...who cares if they are black and white?? They will still be cute....my fingers are crossed!

Old 11-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #69
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

So sorry about the camera....I keep waiting for that to happen to ours. She hasn't thrown it, yet, but she thinks she is budding a photographer and forced the lens open and stuff like that. It's a ticking time-bomb.

You should be good doing any parks on any days, because that week isn't supposed to be too crowded. You might consider doing SeaWorld on the weekend because Bella's mom noticed that the holiday shows don't happen during the week. You could probably do AK and or DHS on Thurs and still be done early. Or one of the Universal parks also, since Savvy is little, she won't be able to go on too many rides there. Saturday is the busiest day that week, so probably avoid MK on that day but other than that you have some pretty easy choices.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:21 PM   #70
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

Im glad your feeling better and believe me we are all entitled to a Boo Hoo moment now and then
I am trying to make some iron-on T-shirts as well. I still need to go get the T-shirts though. Would love to see pics when you have one done. Im just about out of ink in my printer and cant do the $60 on ink right now but if the black and white turns out I'll just do those. Good luck on the shirts Im sure they will be awesome!!
Old 11-24-2009, 04:22 PM   #71
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

I will take a picture when I am done with it. I think it will be a weekend project -- hubby will by home to wrangle Savvy. I want to make her one for her birthday too with Elmo on it.

T's are on sale at AC Moore for $2.50 so I thought it would be a good idea to get them now before all of the holiday shopping begins.

I have a question...I see the long things around peoples necks...I think they are called lanyards??? Where do you get one besides Disney?

We were given $50 to buy Savvy a gift but I want it to be something special that she picks out and don't want to spend her money on little things such as a lanyard...so I thought if I could run out and get a cheapo one that would be great. Any ideas?

Old 11-24-2009, 04:35 PM   #72
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

I have heard of being able to get the lanyards at Wal-Mart but not positive. You can google Disney lanyards and find some pretty cheap ones (if you have time for shipping) The laughingplacestore.com has some for about $10 with shipping. Good luck!
Old 11-25-2009, 08:10 AM   #73
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah's Mami View Post
It is going to be magical either way!
Today, I headed to AC Moore and bought some shirts...and the iron on sheets...I am going to attempt to make some shirts...who cares if they are black and white?? They will still be cute....my fingers are crossed!
On the lanyards...you can probably get one on eBay? They also sell Disney pins on eBay and they may not be the highest quality?? But the kids don't really care and they can trade pins in Disney for the Disney pins. It is a LOT cheaper to do it that way than to buy a bunch in the parks. Trust me. lol

There is also mousepinsonline... or something like that. In the past they have GIVEN pins (and probably lanyards) to Wish Families - for Free. So check that out.

On the shirts.....Iron ons are very difficult to do...if you run into a snag - PM me and I may be able to help you with those. And do you want the "Wish" design to use? The one we use to make shirts?
Old 11-25-2009, 09:29 AM   #74
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
On the lanyards...you can probably get one on eBay? They also sell Disney pins on eBay and they may not be the highest quality?? But the kids don't really care and they can trade pins in Disney for the Disney pins. It is a LOT cheaper to do it that way than to buy a bunch in the parks. Trust me. lol

There is also mousepinsonline... or something like that. In the past they have GIVEN pins (and probably lanyards) to Wish Families - for Free. So check that out.

On the shirts.....Iron ons are very difficult to do...if you run into a snag - PM me and I may be able to help you with those. And do you want the "Wish" design to use? The one we use to make shirts?
Thank you Maroo. I sent you a PM for any guidance with the shirts would be greatly appreciated!
Today is a rainy day...pretty odd in S. Florida to start the day of dreary! I have to go back to AC Moore and exchange the shirt sizes...I am hoping that the shirts run small because I grabbed "L" for me and "XL" for my hubby and I need to go to "XL" for me and "2X" for my hubby...maybe I should stop feeding my face but .... lets get real...I won't not before the Disney trip

Old 11-26-2009, 09:29 AM   #75
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Tags
belle, give kids the world, make a wish, princess, snow white

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: