Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2009, 10:07 AM   #46
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah's Mami View Post
We are meeting with the MAW volunteers on Saturday evening assuming I am healthy (our volunteer is pregnant)....she said she received Savvy's "package"...I am so excited to read it!!!
Woo Hoo!!!

How exciting!!

Old 11-18-2009, 08:24 PM   #47
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just got an email from our coordinator...turns out Savvy will be having a princess makeover at the Bibbidi Boppidi Boutique and then lunch with the princesses. This sounds soooooo wonderful!!! Has anyone done the makeover with such a young one?

Now...I have to talk to my hubby about purchasing tickets to the Mickey parade since it is not a part of the trip...I just think this would be magical for Savvy and all of us...just have to work on a budget since we are also boarding our dogs that week.

I am wandering if Savannah will see Elmo at Seaworld out and about...we could save the $ on the breakfast and do the parade...any experience with this?
Elmo and the Gang will have a brand new Christmas show the day after Thanksgiving. Do you know what day you are going to SW? You can PM me if you want.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2009, 10:19 PM   #48
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
Elmo and the Gang will have a brand new Christmas show the day after Thanksgiving. Do you know what day you are going to SW? You can PM me if you want.
I was hoping you would jump in!
Old 11-19-2009, 08:47 AM   #49
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

I have had the worst cold the past few days but it has not stopped me from lurking...more like Stalking this entire board I LOVE it!!! My goodness the people in all sections of this board are so amazingly creative!

Last night I was BEYOND excited when I realized the mail came in and we received the map and a welcome letter from GKTW I am so excited that our trip is around the corner....boy do we need it --- don't get me wrong BUT I am a little afraid of it being over...does that sound weird. I kinda wish we had A LOT more time to plan it...there are just so many cute ideas...does that sound weird I am enjoying the planning and reading so much that the trip is almost too quick.

Okay...probably just the head cold talking but I am curious if anyone else has felt this way?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2324802 - pre-trip report
Old 11-19-2009, 08:50 AM   #50
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
I sent you a PM and then realized that although I said probably Thursday...you are not a mind reader and have no idea which Thurs. I am talking about.. Thurs..December 10th....do you think this is good timing. I want to be back at GKTW for Santa and think we could do this park in a day...then get back in time for Savvy to have a nap (for Santa's sake ) and then do Xmas at GKTW...what do you think?

Old 11-19-2009, 09:42 AM   #51
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have had the worst cold the past few days but it has not stopped me from lurking...more like Stalking this entire board I LOVE it!!! My goodness the people in all sections of this board are so amazingly creative!

Last night I was BEYOND excited when I realized the mail came in and we received the map and a welcome letter from GKTW I am so excited that our trip is around the corner....boy do we need it --- don't get me wrong BUT I am a little afraid of it being over...does that sound weird. I kinda wish we had A LOT more time to plan it...there are just so many cute ideas...does that sound weird I am enjoying the planning and reading so much that the trip is almost too quick.

Okay...probably just the head cold talking but I am curious if anyone else has felt this way?
Im sorry your not feeling well. Rest up and get better soon. Yay!! for getting your Welcome kit from GKTW and I know I understand about being afraid that your trip will be over. I feel that way and were still 3 1/2 months away
Old 11-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #52
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I totally get it. We just barely got our dates a few days ago and even before that I was thinking we will have such an amazing time it will be hard to come home. It actually prompted me to ask Phoebe's wish granter about the possibility of extending our trip on our own dime. We don't have that part planned yet, but we are thinking of just relaxing and doing some pretty low key stuff. Beaches and sight seeing maybe. I think it will help us bridge that gap between the crazy excitement at the parks and GKTW to home.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:47 PM   #53
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyanggirls View Post
I totally get it. We just barely got our dates a few days ago and even before that I was thinking we will have such an amazing time it will be hard to come home. It actually prompted me to ask Phoebe's wish granter about the possibility of extending our trip on our own dime. We don't have that part planned yet, but we are thinking of just relaxing and doing some pretty low key stuff. Beaches and sight seeing maybe. I think it will help us bridge that gap between the crazy excitement at the parks and GKTW to home.

You just gave me a great idea! You mentioned bridging the gap and I know that after a week with her dad aka Super Papi she is going to have a hard time letting go of him. He is not allowed to say anything in the morning because if she knows he is home when she wakes up she cries and cries after he goes to work....she is so attached which is great but in this case I can't explain the logic of going from magic to reality to a 3 year old.

We are not really going to celebrate her bday since it is so close to our trip...I mean we will celebrate but no a party. I think I will print out little Disney character cards and a small Disney gift...so when she wakes up and does not find her Papi she will have a surprise to distract....I think I will do it for a week and that should ease her transition....

Old 11-19-2009, 02:49 PM   #54
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofwishkid View Post
I feel that way and were still 3 1/2 months away
Enjoy every second of it!

Old 11-19-2009, 11:38 PM   #55
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are not really going to celebrate her bday since it is so close to our trip...I mean we will celebrate but no a party. I think I will print out little Disney character cards and a small Disney gift...so when she wakes up and does not find her Papi she will have a surprise to distract....I think I will do it for a week and that should ease her transition....
Very cute idea!
Old 11-20-2009, 12:03 AM   #56
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about and I've thought about it myself more than once. Unfortunately I always have that tendency to fear 'the end'. I want everything to go on forever. I'm NEVER ready to come home. I always get really sad at the end of a trip or major milestone (I cried the night after our wedding, the day we were to bring the babies' home from the hospital etc.) All that planning, planning, planning and so much anticipation and excitement and then POOF it's all over. I can only imagine this will be worse than ever.

Well, oops, sorry, I probably didn't help much

At least there's the holidays to look forward to when we return. Well, that's what I'm banking on anyway LOL

Pamela

Matty's Wish Trip http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607
Old 11-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #57
maroo
DIS Veteran

Post Disney Depression is a well documented disorder among anyone that goes to Disney...

and Post Wish Trip Disney Depression...is the worst. I am not going to lie to you. It is hard coming back...

I really strongly suggest that every family plan something special...for you guys it may be something after the holidays - since that will be something to come home to...

But a trip, a day with the kids to do whatever they want to do, a week where you eat out a few times...anything...special...that you can do for yourself and your family. Something to look forward to and talk about...even now...as you plan. It really will help.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #58
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

Gasp...Some amazing people design some cute little Mickey designs with our name on it on this forum .........I am delighted with them. My husbands mentions he has to go to Marshall's or TJ's and buy some tshirts for our trip and I tell him...NO WORRIES! I will be making us shirts...we just need to get iron on transfers and some shirts here...........then the GASP...
He reminds me that our printers black and white

Can you believe I forgot such a CRUCIAL detail??????????? So, I have a question...has any body made these shirts....can I put the designs on a disk and go to staples or some thing and have them print them out for me? or will there be a stink about it?

On a GREAT news note....we are meeting with our MAW volunteers in about an hour and will be getting Savvy's packet!!

Old 11-21-2009, 09:05 PM   #59
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

Someone please come over and staple my heart back together!! There is such a huge hole in it!!! Savvy's face....oh....that beautiful face....

Tonight, our Make-A-Wish volunteers came to our house with balloons and some cute little princess toys for Savvy (a tiara, stickers, barrettes, etc)...Savvy was in 7th Heaven! She LOVED opening up each and every box with her princess stuff in it...oh...she was so excited and LOVED her balloons! She was sooooo excited!! The volunteers gave us our packet and they went home. We leashed up the dogs and went for a walk. Savvy did not want to leave the balloons behind...they are so pretty with the Make-A-Wish logo on them. I tie them to her hand....yes.....you see where this is going.

Robert and I were grinning from ear to ear. Seriously, to see her skipping down the sidewalk pulling her balloons and laughing....it was pure joy! We get to the corner and then it happened. The balloons got loose and flew away....her face...she did not cry ... she just had a look I had never seen before...just pure sadness....she reached for the sky and then started to say, "I am sorry"...as if it were her fault they flew away. SOMEONE please get that stapler and staple this hole in my heart.

I scooped her up and told her Mami would get her more balloons and that it was an accident....not her fault. She did not have apologize and then the tears....oh...so sad....we finally said, "bye bye" to the balloons and proceeded on our walk and I was able to distract her after a bit....but when we got home I told her she could play with all of her princess stuff and she was excited and then looked back at me and said..."the balloons all gone"...

Old 11-21-2009, 09:21 PM   #60
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

Awww, that is the sweetest and saddest story. Poor thing. It's the worst to see our little one's so sad. As for the hole in your heart just look at that little girls face tonight as she's sleeping peacefully and it will close up just fine.

Tags
belle, give kids the world, make a wish, princess, snow white

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: