Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #16
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Welcome!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 11-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #17
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah's Mami View Post
My Warrior Princess as the Disney Princess
http://<font size="4"><font color="M...</font></font>

Ok...I read too fast and missed the video!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #18
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

Question

Savannah had a wonderful day today...we went to the beach and the park and got some pictures taken but by the time we got home she felt warm....she now has a fever. I am not in a panic about her health...unfortunately, this is a part of our lives but then this question popped into my head and I can't get rid of it. Savvy had a "bump" in the road this summer which led her back to the transplant and being hospitalized etc....over a simple virus her little body just could not shake.

My question...what happens if Savvy is sick when we are scheduled to go on our Wish trip? Will they reschedule or is it a take or leave it date since so much goes into the planning of it?

And THANK YOU for the warm welcome!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2324802 - pre-trip report
Old 11-08-2009, 09:39 PM   #19
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Savannah had a wonderful day today...we went to the beach and the park and got some pictures taken but by the time we got home she felt warm....she now has a fever. I am not in a panic about her health...unfortunately, this is a part of our lives but then this question popped into my head and I can't get rid of it. Savvy had a "bump" in the road this summer which led her back to the transplant and being hospitalized etc....over a simple virus her little body just could not shake.

My question...what happens if Savvy is sick when we are scheduled to go on our Wish trip? Will they reschedule or is it a take or leave it date since so much goes into the planning of it?

No worries about that!

They will reschedule a MAW trip with very few questions asked. I think the doctor has to write a note or something...but it is not a big deal to cancel. We have had several families do that.

There is also an option (in extreme cases) when you can actually cancel midstream...especially if you guys get sick at the very beginning of the trip.

So no worries about that!

Keep us posted on Savannah!
Old 11-09-2009, 01:00 PM   #20
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Im so sorry Savannah is sick, hope she gets better very soon.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #21
maroo
DIS Veteran

How is Savannah today? I hope her fever is gone!
Old 11-09-2009, 06:41 PM   #22
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
How is Savannah today? I hope her fever is gone!
You are so sweet! Savvy still has a low grade fever...she got the H1N1 vaccination a few days ago so we hope it is simply a reaction to this and will go away soon. My doctor sent me to the ER today so my husband has been taking care of the both of us....I told him I would do anything to not have to clean the house today and just fantasize about our trip (I will be fine...hubby is picking up prescriptions for me as I type). Just another reminder for us on how quickly things can change and how blessed we TRULY are to be able to spend an entire week together just having fun.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #23
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

character dining

Okay...so I need to go rest but I am soooooo excited about this trip and have a few questions I hope someone can answer.

I would love Savvy to do the character dining with the princesses....does this come with the MAW package or do I have to call and make reservations? if so, is it already too late. I have read that Disney accommodates people with allergies....has anyone ever experienced this?

Savannah also LOVES Elmo....I saw in a brochure that Seaworld has an Elmo breakfast...has anyone gone? Savvy has a BIG allergy to milk (we carry Epi pens)...will this be a problem or do they accommodate?

Thanks!!!

Old 11-09-2009, 08:19 PM   #24
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay...so I need to go rest but I am soooooo excited about this trip and have a few questions I hope someone can answer.

I would love Savvy to do the character dining with the princesses....does this come with the MAW package or do I have to call and make reservations? if so, is it already too late. I have read that Disney accommodates people with allergies....has anyone ever experienced this?

We haven't been yet, but I know the character dining isn't included with the trip unless you've made arrangements for it to be. I think you could prob still get reservations, and if you have trouble, keep in mind people cancel. Maroo could prob give you better answers

Savannah also LOVES Elmo....I saw in a brochure that Seaworld has an Elmo breakfast...has anyone gone? Savvy has a BIG allergy to milk (we carry Epi pens)...will this be a problem or do they accommodate?

Thanks!!!
Again, lol, Maroo could prob be more specific, but I think as long as you let them know in advance, they'll make arrangements to have "allergy-friendly" foods for her. Just let them know when you make the reservation. Hoping you and Savannah will both be feeling better soon....
Old 11-09-2009, 08:21 PM   #25
maroo
DIS Veteran

Which Princess Meal are you interested in?

There is the Castle and there is one in Norway.

I have heard the food and interaction can be best in Norway...but there is nothing like eating in the Castle. Unfortunately, it is very hard to get last minute ADR's at the Castle.

PM me the date you need the ADR and which one you want and how many adults/children and children's ages and I can try to locate a ressie for you and PM you if I find it??

I love the meals at Sea World, too!
Old 11-10-2009, 10:20 AM   #26
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

Thank You!

Quote:
Which Princess Meal are you interested in?

There is the Castle and there is one in Norway.

I have heard the food and interaction can be best in Norway...but there is nothing like eating in the Castle. Unfortunately, it is very hard to get last minute ADR's at the Castle.

PM me the date you need the ADR and which one you want and how many adults/children and children's ages and I can try to locate a ressie for you and PM you if I find it??

I love the meals at Sea World, too!
I just got an email from our coordinator...turns out Savvy will be having a princess makeover at the Bibbidi Boppidi Boutique and then lunch with the princesses. This sounds soooooo wonderful!!! Has anyone done the makeover with such a young one?

Now...I have to talk to my hubby about purchasing tickets to the Mickey parade since it is not a part of the trip...I just think this would be magical for Savvy and all of us...just have to work on a budget since we are also boarding our dogs that week.

I am wandering if Savannah will see Elmo at Seaworld out and about...we could save the $ on the breakfast and do the parade...any experience with this?

Old 11-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #27
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just got an email from our coordinator...turns out Savvy will be having a princess makeover at the Bibbidi Boppidi Boutique and then lunch with the princesses. This sounds soooooo wonderful!!! Has anyone done the makeover with such a young one?

Now...I have to talk to my hubby about purchasing tickets to the Mickey parade since it is not a part of the trip...I just think this would be magical for Savvy and all of us...just have to work on a budget since we are also boarding our dogs that week.

I am wandering if Savannah will see Elmo at Seaworld out and about...we could save the $ on the breakfast and do the parade...any experience with this?
I love how you call her Savvy. Can we call her Savvy?

BBB and lunch with the Princesses!!! That is awesome! I can tell you that not everyone gets to do that and I am impressed that your wish organization worked it out! (Which should mean they are paying for it...which is AWESOME!)

I wish I could keep your dogs! I love dogs!

Hmm....

I don't know if she would see Elmo hanging around at Sea World...??

You may want to call your MAW chapter and see what the approx spending money they give you guys. If you are planning to eat most of your meals at GKTW, then you may have a little extra to help cover the MVMCP.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #28
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

Wow, Congrats on getting BBB and lunch with the princesses. How special that will be. Makes me wish my DD was still young enough to want to do it.
I've never been to any of the parks so cant comment on if Elmo will be out but you should definetley call and see if they could tell if if he just wanders around at all.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:17 PM   #29
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I love how you call her Savvy. Can we call her Savvy?

BBB and lunch with the Princesses!!! That is awesome! I can tell you that not everyone gets to do that and I am impressed that your wish organization worked it out! (Which should mean they are paying for it...which is AWESOME!)

I wish I could keep your dogs! I love dogs!

Hmm....

I don't know if she would see Elmo hanging around at Sea World...??

You may want to call your MAW chapter and see what the approx spending money they give you guys. If you are planning to eat most of your meals at GKTW, then you may have a little extra to help cover the MVMCP.
Of course you can call her Savvy! I am beyond excited for her to get to have the full princess experience! My hubby and I discussed it and we will be purchasing the tickets for the Mickey parade...although we live in Florida we will not be doing anything like this again...I am sure everyone with a "wish" child can relate to the medical bills etc. which have taken their toll...I won't say never because in a few years life may be completely different but right now we just can't....so we are going to splurge on this. When I get the itinerary I will contact Sea World and talk to them about Elmo...I hope we get the schedule soon....It is right around the corner...

Old 11-10-2009, 11:31 PM   #30
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

ooooooohhhh, my Matty LOVES Elmo (and he's 6!). So do I!!!!! Actually there is a little stuffed one sitting in my lap right now whilst I type LOL (thanx to Matty, he didn't want me to be alone when everyone went to be). My husband and I saw the Elmo character breakfast at SeaWorld and had to laugh. Go all the way to Florida to go to Disney and end up seeing ELMO! We won't do it though as we go to Sesame Place in PA yearly (this year we went TWICE). I wouldn't think Elmo would be walking out and about at SeaWorld. I'd check about that. If the Elmo character breakfast they have is anything like the ones they have in PA I'd say do it. Just gotta love that Elmo

Pamela

Matty's Wish Trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

Tags
belle, give kids the world, make a wish, princess, snow white

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: