Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2009, 08:20 PM   #1
deslynnpatterson
we will be married for 5 years:) and will be spending it in disney:)

Everyday is a " great big beautiful tomorrow" because we are in DISNEY!!!

hello everyon!!! and welcome to the beginning of my trip report It has taken me a week to finall slightly get over the disney depression I had such a amazing trip!!

A little background about our trip-- Josh-31 DHnd I-28Desiree) have been going to disney every year nice 2004 we starting going for our honeymoon and just cannot get enough-- well this year was our 5 year anniversary!!! So of course the best way to spend this was in DISNEY!!

Also -- my mom has become a disney addict also LOL!! She went along with us also but took a friend of her;s we met up for most meals-- except a few were plans changed but you will have to read more to find out about all of that

I will include a link to my PTR at the end of this link so you can read all my plans and things that i was supposed to do but didnt get a change to do and why LOL!!! Our trip was from Sept 10th-Sept 20th-- and we stayed at All Star Music-- I love it there!! This was our 3rd year in the row staying here And I will give my reason later in my trip report why i really do thing its a great resort

Ok now for our travel day

We woke up early on Sept 10th and got ready-- and packed a few last minute items-- I believe we woke up about 5am which is my normal wake up time so it was ok with me LOL!! because i was going to disney My dad came and picked us up at our house at 6:20 because we scheduled a shuttle to come and pick us up from my mom's house at 7am for our 11:30am flight-- its a shuttle that you share with other people so we wanted to get to the airport early and shop around, and wanted to make sure we would get there in time the shuttle came to my moms right around 7:05am! And it got us to the airport around 8:15am perfect!! It was so nice to not have to worry about parking and everything-- they dropped us and our bags off curbside and into the airport we went Now for the part that i hate-- the weighing of the bags-- i always get so worried about this-- but no worries my bag was only 34 pounds and Josh's was 36 so plenty of room for souvenirs to bring back LOL ( more on that later LOL ). We got though security not a problem it all the airport was empty-- so we found our gate and Josh got us breakfast at McDonalds Everytime we go to the airport we always eat at mcdonalds its our little tradition. After we ate i went walking around withy my mom and her friend-- and we found a awesome store-- a everything 10.00 store in the airport!! Geez-- I didnt even get to disney yet and i already wanted something LOL!! So i got a really pretty watch for 10 dollars!! We wondered around some more-- and my mom's friend Sharon got a call from her husband-- and was making sure we made it through security ok-- because apparently in the Pittsburgh airport-- someone got caught with a hand granade YIKESS!! of all days the day we travel-- but we were in the airport fine and had no clue what was going on LOL!! later on we found out it was a fake-- but it was nice to know that the airport took such wonderful precaution!!

So we waited around some more-- and then it was time to take some meds-- I also take motion sickness meds before i fly-- I fly all the time ( 1-2 times a year ) and everytime i fly i hate it!! So this year my mom gave me a relaxer pill!! That was great It kicked in so fast and i felt so loopy but a good loopy LOL!!

It was time to board the plane-- I sat in a row with my mom and Josh and my moms friend sat right behind us-- we had a smooth take off -- and it seemed as soon as we were up there they were serving us drinks LOL i got a diet coke and the little pack of pretzels then shorlty after that I fell asleep while listening to the xm radio ( we flew airtran) I was knocked out and i do not think i ever in my life feel asleep on a plane!! I think it was from the relaxer pill or whatever it was LOL!! It was wonderful!! Our flight was only about a hour and 55 mins-- at least thats what the captain said so soon we were on the ground-- and heading to baggage claim--- the baggage was coming out so fast we didnt even get there yet and as soon as we got there we grabbed our bags right away and headed to the MME-- we were suprised that you get to go straight to the red carpet now for your bus-- before we had to go get the voucher stamped at the desk first-- it was different this year but so much better!!! We only waited in line for about 5 mins-- and we were on our bus!! Everything was going to fast! It was great-- so on the bus we go-- and i was so excited!! I was finally in disney world this amzing feeling came over me I was in my glory! I love watching all the sights on the bus ride to Disney-- I am like a kid in a candy store LOL!! Finally we go to our resort and got checked in so fast-- everything was moving so fast!! WE did online check-in which made checking in so quick!! We got our anniversary pins! and off to the room we went-- it was nice we had a king bed too-- and had rooms right next to my mom and Sharon. Now since everything moved so fast-- and we got to our rooms way before we thought we would-- we already had a change in plans LOL!! but stayed tuned for that-- because i am still working on downloaded pictures LOL please bear with me-- i have to work 12 hours days this week at work-- on monday and Tues-- and Wed have to take my cat to the vet but i will hope to get some pictures up in between-- stayed tuned for what did we end up doing? And why did we change our plans already LOL~~~!!!

Old 09-27-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
deslynnpatterson

PTR report link!!

Here is the link to my PTR

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2215957

enjoy and you can catch up and follow along with us -- i hope you join in my TR!! thanks everyone

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2009, 10:37 PM   #3
deslynnpatterson

question about free picture albums online..

i am just curious what site everyone uses to post there pics in there trip reports-- I have been using photobucket-- but -- they took away the classic uploaded-- and you can only upload the pics one at a time or with bulk uploader-- which for some reason bulk will not upload on my computer I am just wondering if anyone is using something better or faster? Please let me know if you are The faster i get all these pictures saved the faster i can post some LOL thanks so much for the help!!

Old 09-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #4
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

hi!! I'm here!! Glad to see your tr up!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 09-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #5
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deslynnpatterson View Post
i am just curious what site everyone uses to post there pics in there trip reports-- I have been using photobucket-- but -- they took away the classic uploaded-- and you can only upload the pics one at a time or with bulk uploader-- which for some reason bulk will not upload on my computer I am just wondering if anyone is using something better or faster? Please let me know if you are The faster i get all these pictures saved the faster i can post some LOL thanks so much for the help!!
I wish I could help, but when I use Photobucket, it still has the speedy uploader? I wonder if you have to do something to get it back? I wish I could be of more help but my photobucket is all messed up at work and I can't see the uploading thing! I'm lucky I can get to it at all!

Old 09-28-2009, 04:37 PM   #6
deslynnpatterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
hi!! I'm here!! Glad to see your tr up!
yah!! you are the first one to reply more exciting details are you come of course LOL this is just the start so far

Old 09-28-2009, 04:38 PM   #7
deslynnpatterson

Quote:
I wish I could help, but when I use Photobucket, it still has the speedy uploader? I wonder if you have to do something to get it back? I wish I could be of more help but my photobucket is all messed up at work and I can't see the uploading thing! I'm lucky I can get to it at all!

thanks Kimmy I am going to have to take a look at this-- it takes forever to upload my pictures i need them to upload fast LOL also i have a question for you-- i noticed in your TR you had your Photopass pictures in there-- how did you do that? did you somehow take them from your photopass account? or did you already buy those pictures? I didnt buy mine yet still deciding which ones i want

Old 09-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #8
deslynnpatterson

a change of plans-- and some pictures:) 9/10/2009:

first since my pictures were not up and running yesterday i have two that i want to include that should go with the above post LOL

the wonderful video from the MME bus I love this video everytime i see it i get butterflies because i know we are really on our way to disney and all the excitment that the week will hold

And a picture of the MME!!!

okay after we got to our room we also found our adorable towel animals-- it was a little duck i named him quackers LOL however he was the only towel animal we got for the week but at least we got him

ok now moving on to our change of plans for our first day, We ended up getting to our rooms before 3-- we only had the 9 day park hopper-- but wondered since we got there so early should we add a day on and go to Magic Kingdom? So we asked the first cast member-- and they told us that it would be 50 dollars a person to add on one day park hopper.. WHAT?? i thought it was a few dollars-- i knew this was not right LOL so we went to concerige and i asked and it was $3.20 extra a person LOL MUCH MUCH BETTER!! So-- we bought our park hopper, WOOHOO!! I was very excited because this was a extra day i would spend in MK-- we didnt have the whole day because at 7 was MNSSHP. So we ran back to the room hurried and changed for the park-- and while we waiting for my mom and her friend Sharon we decided it was time for our first disney snack. We both wanted something really light-- so this is what i tried for the first time

the frozen pineapple fruit bar OMG!! delicious!! Josh got carrots and celery with dip-- and as we sat there eating our snack we decided we would go to Pecos bills for dinner at MK So we had our dinner plans figured out. My mom and Sharon were finally ready-- and we got in line for our bus-- the buses at all star music seems good in the beginning of the week ( more on that later) so we only had to wait a few minutes and we got on the bus, off to Magic Kingdom we go! It was hot out and the weather was beautiful, When we got off the bus i immediately starting snapping pictures trying our my new camera-- here is my first palm tree picture

i love palm trees and there will be many more pictures of them to come LOL!! this pictures was by the bay lake outside of MK . We walked up the entrance to see that everything was decorated for halloween

i love all of the halloween decorations -- fall is my favorite season!! Now finally it was time to go into MK!! I was so excited-- this is the moment i have been waiting so long for--- here we go entering main street

now were is that castle??? oh yeah THERE IT IS!!!!!

I also had to snap this picture of all the balloons while walking down main street i think this is so cool
and I wonderful how those poor CM's hold all those balloons LOL it that was be i would be going up with the balloons LOL

more of the castle as we work our way down main street

after we got down main street we decided we would head over to Pirates of the Carribean-- its our tradition to ride this for our first ride in MK-- even though we changed our plans up we wanted to keep with the plan and head over that way-- on our way towards adventureland i snapped this picture

then i realized i needed a picture of myself LOL so here is my wonderful snap shot of myself LOL ( please dont laugh at my bad pictures LOL )

we arrived at the line for pirates-- and it said 5 mins wait-- but was a walk on-- it was more like 2 minutes LOL the park seemed so dead and it seemed like it was going to be a good week for crowds-- we got on pirates and i was in my glory i was in disney it doesnt get any better than this

After we got off pirates we decided it was about time to get some dinner-- so over to pecos bills we go up next-- did we get our first anniversary treat? and how was the food? stay tuned and i will tell you LOL!!!

Old 09-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #9
deslynnpatterson

ugh sorry guys let me correct that- see i am already getting mixed up because how we changed our plans LOL!!! the first day at MK was not MNSSHP -- it was the second day LOL OPPS more of the rest of my first day in MK up next

Old 09-29-2009, 10:26 AM   #10
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thanks Kimmy I am going to have to take a look at this-- it takes forever to upload my pictures i need them to upload fast LOL also i have a question for you-- i noticed in your TR you had your Photopass pictures in there-- how did you do that? did you somehow take them from your photopass account? or did you already buy those pictures? I didnt buy mine yet still deciding which ones i want
I already got the cd! My mom just couldn't wait! LOL!

But I'm loving your TR so far! You're lucky you got in so early to be able to head over to MK! And I'm loving your sunglasses. One of my friends "borrowed" mine and I didn't get them back in time for the trip! Hello squinty eyed pictures!! Can't wait to read more!!

Old 09-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #11
deslynnpatterson

Quote:
I already got the cd! My mom just couldn't wait! LOL!

But I'm loving your TR so far! You're lucky you got in so early to be able to head over to MK! And I'm loving your sunglasses. One of my friends "borrowed" mine and I didn't get them back in time for the trip! Hello squinty eyed pictures!! Can't wait to read more!!
LOL thanks They are actaully dolce and Gabanna sun glasses from a flea market LOL!! knock offs-- but thats ok looks real enough for me LOL -- did you order the CD when you got home or at disney? I might want to do that too you look good in all your pictures your dont look squinted eyed!! most of my pictures i forgot to take my sunglasses off LOL and i came home with racoon eyes becaus of my tan and sun burnt opps! I would tell that friend of yours to give those sunglasses back LOL!

Old 09-29-2009, 11:50 AM   #12
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL thanks They are actaully dolce and Gabanna sun glasses from a flea market LOL!! knock offs-- but thats ok looks real enough for me LOL -- did you order the CD when you got home or at disney? I might want to do that too you look good in all your pictures your dont look squinted eyed!! most of my pictures i forgot to take my sunglasses off LOL and i came home with racoon eyes becaus of my tan and sun burnt opps! I would tell that friend of yours to give those sunglasses back LOL!
Oh I don't have a problem with knockoff's!! Who cares, right?! They are often just as cute (like your sunglasses) and so much cheaper!!

I ordered my cd from home after putting all the borders I wanted on!

And I haven't posted the pics where I'm too squinty-eyed!! lol But maybe I just notice it so much since I have HUGE eyes. lol.

Oh no...I always when I get racoon eyes from forgetting to take off sunglasses!! And I really want mine back...haha they are some of the heart shaped kind! (I'm like 6 years old inside! )

Old 09-29-2009, 04:01 PM   #13
trickiwoo
Talk Disney To Me!

I'm glad to hear that you had a wonderful 5 year anniversary!!!!

I'm hoping WDW will be an annual thing with The Boyfriend! When we were leaving, he kept talking about things at WDW he wanted to do "next year" so hopefully he'll be on board for this!!!

A hand grenade at the airport??? That is insane!!!! Plus you were in WDW the day they had the bomb scare, right?? What a crazy trip!!!!

I loved ASMu! I'll have to check the people in the background of all my pictures there to see if you're in any of them!!!

Oh, I love your pictures!!!! They make me miss Disney so much!!!

And that's so awesome that you got an extra day in at MK!

I can't wait to read more!!!! I'm curious to see what other plans changed!
Old 09-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #14
deslynnpatterson

Quote:
Oh I don't have a problem with knockoff's!! Who cares, right?! They are often just as cute (like your sunglasses) and so much cheaper!!

I ordered my cd from home after putting all the borders I wanted on!

And I haven't posted the pics where I'm too squinty-eyed!! lol But maybe I just notice it so much since I have HUGE eyes. lol.

Oh no...I always when I get racoon eyes from forgetting to take off sunglasses!! And I really want mine back...haha they are some of the heart shaped kind! (I'm like 6 years old inside! )
LOL i am the knock off queen LOL if there is a way to save money i will find that way LOL how else would i be able to support my disney obessed habit and going as much as i do? LOL!!!

Old 09-29-2009, 08:43 PM   #15
deslynnpatterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickiwoo View Post
I'm glad to hear that you had a wonderful 5 year anniversary!!!!

I'm hoping WDW will be an annual thing with The Boyfriend! When we were leaving, he kept talking about things at WDW he wanted to do "next year" so hopefully he'll be on board for this!!!

A hand grenade at the airport??? That is insane!!!! Plus you were in WDW the day they had the bomb scare, right?? What a crazy trip!!!!

I loved ASMu! I'll have to check the people in the background of all my pictures there to see if you're in any of them!!!

Oh, I love your pictures!!!! They make me miss Disney so much!!!

And that's so awesome that you got an extra day in at MK!

I can't wait to read more!!!! I'm curious to see what other plans changed!

thats awesome that your DBF is already talking about going back that would be great it you can make is a annual trip We love going every year although we are working on trying to go twice in 2010 LOL we shall see-- but with the 4/3 deal that just came out i think we might try to swing it There was a bomb scare it WDW? What ? How did i miss that ? LOL i must have been too busy running around the world Oh yeah that would be too funny if i ended up in the background of your pictures LOL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: