Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #31
JustBusiness
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezaddict231 View Post
We also got engaged at CRT and they do have the photopass person take pictures of the whole proposal. You have to buy the pictures separately but we had preordered the photopass cd so that wasn't a problem. They really got some great pics and it was awesome to be able to show people back at home. Everyone says they tear up when they see the pics. I'm sure they could set up something similar for you at CG if you wanted.
Update. Disney Photopass is not able to send someone to CG. Disney Fine Art Photography will send someone for $495 (out of the budget).

So....we will be relying on the wait staff and any disboard people that happen to be there that evening

BTW, I picked up the ring, and it's gorgeous. I had to send it with my parents until my girlfriend goes home for Christmas. I will post pics on the 23rd for anyone interested.

JustBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:03 PM   #32
mindy5648
living in Maine but my heart is at WDW

pm'd ya!
1/5/03 - Our first official date - The magic started at the Magic Kingdom
5/13/03 - He moved from Florida to Maine to be with me
October 2007 - After the wishes fireworks show he made me the happiest girl in "the world" and proposed
November 9th-16th 2008 - We had our planning session
January 5th, 2009 - I married my prince charming
January 10th - Reception in Maine
January 3rd-11th, 2010 - our Disneymoon
Jan 23rd-30th, 2011 - back to WDW with all of the in-laws ASMu
Jan 20-29th, 2012 - 1st stay at Coronado Springs with friends
mindy5648 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #33
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

that's so strange, especially now that they just launched that whole Disney engagement site too.

I'm with you on the going with the staff there or any diser's that happen to be there. While it's nice to have the pics, I definitely don't think it would be worth $500 to get them. They'll come out just fine and your GF will be so happy and surprised.

I'd love to see pics of the ring. I can't believe your vacation is so soon!
Old 12-22-2009, 01:17 PM   #34
JustBusiness
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezaddict231 View Post
that's so strange, especially now that they just launched that whole Disney engagement site too.

I'd love to see pics of the ring. I can't believe your vacation is so soon!
I am happy I worked out the engagement plans prior to that site. Using DFTE (new slang for Disney Fairytale Engagements) would probably drive up the cost. I wonder if they will shun impromptu engagements, like impromptu weddings. It also takes all the fun(stress) of orchestrating it oneself. I talked to countless cast members at disney photo, floral, cali grill, and reservations to make this work. Not to mention the support of Mindy (thanks again, I am so happy this is going to work out!).

Pez, I have the same sentiments regarding the DxDP...what diet? I'll be eating 3 TS and 2 snacks per day!

I will post photos of the ring tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks again for everyone's help/support. It wouldn't have been as fun/memorable using DFTE.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:57 PM   #35
tnkr mom
DIS Veteran

Just read through... So cute, can't wait to hear more! Good Luck
Off Property 80's - All Star Music 90's, Wilderness Lodge '04 - PO Riverside '05, Rosen Center 1/06, All Star Sports 8/06, Animal Kingdom Lodge 3/07, Pop Century 10/08 for MNSSHP; DD March 09 Cheerleading @ Univ Trip, April 2009 DD Senior Class Trip Grad Night! And Lots and Lots of Trips to the Most Magical Place On Earth!
* Always looking for a deal to go back! *
tnkr mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #36
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse
I went "wow, that hurt"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBusiness View Post
I am happy I worked out the engagement plans prior to that site. Using DFTE (new slang for Disney Fairytale Engagements) would probably drive up the cost. I wonder if they will shun impromptu engagements, like impromptu weddings. It also takes all the fun(stress) of orchestrating it oneself. I talked to countless cast members at disney photo, floral, cali grill, and reservations to make this work. Not to mention the support of Mindy (thanks again, I am so happy this is going to work out!).

Pez, I have the same sentiments regarding the DxDP...what diet? I'll be eating 3 TS and 2 snacks per day!

I will post photos of the ring tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks again for everyone's help/support. It wouldn't have been as fun/memorable using DFTE.
I'm glad it's working out for you and that you were able to get help on this board. I'm not a fan of that new site either. I don't know, I guess it could help out some guys, but it seems like it would take out all the personal elements. And you're right- I bet it is a lot more expensive.

A little secret for anybody reading this thread that might be wanting to propose: At least when I worked there, we loved helping out people with magical things like that. If there was a little something we could do, we did it. And we didn't always charge for it. If you're nice and tell people you want to create a magical moment for some kind of special occasion, we'll do our best to help you. At least, that's how it was when I worked there. That was one of the fun parts of my job!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:00 AM   #37
JustBusiness
Earning My Ears

AHHHH only 2 days away! We leave tomorrow morning. I've forgotten all the little things, researching them now. What knee to go down on? What to say?

BTW, I asked for her father's approval in person the day after Christmas. I was so nervous. He's a man of few words, and just replied with a handshake.
(Couldn't help but think; "Deal! She's yours now!")

Sorry I didn't get a chance to post pics of the ring. I will post them when we get back, along with pics of the event. Also....I suspect she will start a Disney PJ for our wedding : )

Thanks again for everyone's help. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Old 01-03-2010, 10:28 AM   #38
tnkr mom
DIS Veteran

Good Luck
Off Property 80's - All Star Music 90's, Wilderness Lodge '04 - PO Riverside '05, Rosen Center 1/06, All Star Sports 8/06, Animal Kingdom Lodge 3/07, Pop Century 10/08 for MNSSHP; DD March 09 Cheerleading @ Univ Trip, April 2009 DD Senior Class Trip Grad Night! And Lots and Lots of Trips to the Most Magical Place On Earth!
* Always looking for a deal to go back! *
tnkr mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:34 AM   #39
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

Best wishes! I can't wait to hear all about it upon your return. My boyfriend and I will be arriving on the day of your proposal and I'll send some good vibes your way.

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: October 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:41 PM   #40
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

good luck! You'll have such a great time and don't stress about the little details, it'll be magical! Have a great trip!
Old 01-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #41
WDBRDWLK
Nana to Princesses Maya and Orion and Prince Joel.

Wow, how exciting...just a few more days...can't wait to read more...

Our DD should be getting engaged soon, probably before our WDW trip in April...
Old 01-08-2010, 12:07 AM   #42
Up_Is_Down
"After all, he's a blacksmith..." "No. He's a Pirate."

I was on the roof of The Contemporary watching wishes on the 5th! I didn't see anything but I hope everything went great!!

Up_Is_Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:49 PM   #43
bellaDisneydncr
DIS Veteran

bumping I want to see pictures and hear how it went!

Stop by the Fantasyland Forest... I'll tell you some enchanting tales!
bellaDisneydncr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #44
WDBRDWLK
Nana to Princesses Maya and Orion and Prince Joel.

We need an update please...we are all waiting patiently to hear all about it!
Old 01-09-2010, 05:40 PM   #45
leelip1982
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear what happen!!!!

Tags
engagement, glass slipper, proposal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: