Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2009, 07:44 PM   #16
mindy5648
living in Maine but my heart is at WDW

We are going the 3rd to the 11th and our 1 year anniversary is on the 5th of january we are going to be having dinner at the Cali Grill for the fireworks! If you need help with anything please let me know. I would be happy to help you with anything that you may need to pull this off
1/5/03 - Our first official date - The magic started at the Magic Kingdom
5/13/03 - He moved from Florida to Maine to be with me
October 2007 - After the wishes fireworks show he made me the happiest girl in "the world" and proposed
November 9th-16th 2008 - We had our planning session
January 5th, 2009 - I married my prince charming
January 10th - Reception in Maine
January 3rd-11th, 2010 - our Disneymoon
Jan 23rd-30th, 2011 - back to WDW with all of the in-laws ASMu
Jan 20-29th, 2012 - 1st stay at Coronado Springs with friends
mindy5648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:22 PM   #17
CptJackSparrowsGirl
Angel Of Your Nightmares [Kailey]

Wow, I know if it was me I'd love the Glass Slipper and to have at least some flowers, maybe surrounding the slipper. That would be so romantic
What fireworks are you proposing before?
Wishes is the best I think

| 1st Trip - POP Century Sept. 2004 | 2nd Trip - POP Century Nov. 2007 | 3rd Trip - Caribbean Beach Mar. 2009 |
~ | 4th Trip Coronado Springs Resort March 2013!! | ~
CptJackSparrowsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2009, 10:23 PM   #18
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse
I went "wow, that hurt"

Disney will definitely work with you. When I worked entertainment, I was at Liberty Tree Tavern on Valentine's Day when a guy engaged. He had a special menu printed up,a videographer, floral, etc. Afterwards, the characters came out to take pictures with the couple and wish them well (characters may not be part of any proposal or wedding ceremony ,but can come in after the fact.) They arranged it so that it was part of the opening ceremony for dinner.

You will find that most CMs are hopeless romantics and love arranging this kind of stuff!

Another one I saw, when I worked attractions, a guy wanted to propose in front of the castle (near the stage) during Wishes. I was working crowd control at the time and we had already roped off the front of the castle for the show. We were able to let him in, so it was jsut the two of them by the stage, and he proposed while the fireworks went off. If we can make it work, we will!

If you can afford it, a videographer would be really nice. The waiters will have no problems taking pics for you, although not everyone may know how to work a camera (most do, CMs take lots of pics for guests.)
Old 11-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #19
JustBusiness
Earning My Ears

More plans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy5648 View Post
We are going the 3rd to the 11th and our 1 year anniversary is on the 5th of january we are going to be having dinner at the Cali Grill for the fireworks! If you need help with anything please let me know. I would be happy to help you with anything that you may need to pull this off
So, I waited a bit too long for California Grill ADR. We could have either had 9:00 pm, or 5:35. I opted for 5:35. Does anyone think I may be able to call Cali Grill directly for special consideration for this special event? Also, does anyone know when Wishes will be on 1/5/2010?

Mindy, congratulations on your anniversary. You should keep a look out for us while you're at the restaurant. I don't want to disturb your dinner, but if you'd be willing to grab pics of the proposal from a different angle than the photographers (I am going to have Root Photography there, I think.), that would be great! Of course, provided our timing would align. What time is your ADR?

Eeyore's Butterfly, do you think the California Grill will be able to change our reservation if I call them directly?

We will be having breakfast the next morning at CRT, I hope Cinderella likes the ring. (I will post photos of ring when it arrives, some point before December 20th.)

Thanks for everyone's help and input. This is a picture of the flower pillow/tiara/glass slipper: Fairytale Slipper Tiara

EDIT: After some searching, I cannot find a direct number to California Grill. Google keeps spitting out (407) 939-3463 (WDW DINE).

JustBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #20
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

I would definitely try calling the restaurant. If you can't find the number, maybe call the regular ADR line and they can transfer you?

Your plans sound wonderful and I think it's awesome you're going to have the Roots there to photograph it! They're doing our wedding photos and they are just amazing, what a great way to capture the event!
Old 11-13-2009, 07:00 AM   #21
mindy5648

Our ADR is around 7...so if you stall and take your time through dinner we might cross paths. You wouldnt disturb us we are old news, been married a year...lol! But, they do offer custom cakes at the cali grill. That might be something you might want to think of. I know they have mini 2 tier wedding cakes. That might be cute to have for desert!

just a thought
October 2007 - After the wishes fireworks show he made me the happiest girl in "the world" and proposed
Old 11-14-2009, 11:09 AM   #22
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse
I went "wow, that hurt"

If you talk to them directly, maybe. I would call the ADR and ask to speak to a manager at the Cali. If that doesn't work, tell them what the occasion is and ask for advice. Sometimes you have to be persistent, but it can pay off. If nothing else, keep your current res, then sneak over the Cali when you first get there and talk to them in person.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:37 AM   #23
JustBusiness
Earning My Ears

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyores Butterfly View Post
If you talk to them directly, maybe. I would call the ADR and ask to speak to a manager at the Cali. If that doesn't work, tell them what the occasion is and ask for advice. Sometimes you have to be persistent, but it can pay off. If nothing else, keep your current res, then sneak over the Cali when you first get there and talk to them in person.
Spoke with a manager at Cali Grill yesterday. I ended up keeping my reservation time (5:35) knowing that we will probably be seated a little late, and have a long dinner, until the 8:00 fireworks.

The plan is similar to what others have posted, the server will bring out a "special course" that the prince requested for his princess, after dinner, before dessert. I had considered placing the ring on the flowerbed, but I've thought better of that, and will present the ring after.

The flowerbed comes with a tiara. What order do you think I should go? Proposal -> Ring -> Tiara, or Tiara -> Proposal -> Ring, or Proposal -> Tiara -> Ring?

I know she will love the tiara, she brings one down every time we go. Her current favorite is a bit tarnished, so I'm sure she'll be happy with a new one.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #24
aduck126
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBusiness View Post
Spoke with a manager at Cali Grill yesterday. I ended up keeping my reservation time (5:35) knowing that we will probably be seated a little late, and have a long dinner, until the 8:00 fireworks.

The plan is similar to what others have posted, the server will bring out a "special course" that the prince requested for his princess, after dinner, before dessert. I had considered placing the ring on the flowerbed, but I've thought better of that, and will present the ring after.

The flowerbed comes with a tiara. What order do you think I should go? Proposal -> Ring -> Tiara, or Tiara -> Proposal -> Ring, or Proposal -> Tiara -> Ring?

I know she will love the tiara, she brings one down every time we go. Her current favorite is a bit tarnished, so I'm sure she'll be happy with a new one.

you should do the tiara first that way she will think that thats the surpise! then she will freak out when you give her the ring.
aduck126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:05 PM   #25
mindy5648

i agree tiara then ring
Old 11-19-2009, 07:40 PM   #26
nickandlarisa
Mouseketeer

I had a Disney World proposal in 2007, at Cinderella's Royal Table with a glass slipper. He didn't put the ring in the slipper, but he presented the slipper on a silver platter with rose petals all around it. Then got down on one knee and pulled out the ring. We had the slipper engraved after the fact at the crystal shop on Main Street with "Will you marry me?" our names and the date. The whole story is at the beginning of my PJ. Good luck, it will be magical and memorable!!!

{1986 - OffSite} {1993 -CBR} {July 2007 - POR Engagement} {July 2009 - POR & Wonder Disneymoon!} {May 2011 - POR} {New DVC Members!}
nickandlarisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:17 PM   #27
tinks_1989
need a like button

as previous poster described I also got engaged at Cinderellas royal table and did have my ring presented in the slipper the floral is just a few rose petals well mine was and a rose head with the ring around it

here is a pic
Old 11-21-2009, 12:36 PM   #28
JustBusiness
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
as previous poster described I also got engaged at Cinderellas royal table and did have my ring presented in the slipper the floral is just a few rose petals well mine was and a rose head with the ring around it

here is a pic
Love the picture. Was the photo included with the engagement package for CRT? Did they take more photos? Of the proposal and everything?

Now I am reconsidering Cali Grill, and leaning towards CRT....but CRT is breakfast the next morning, maybe I can add a note to my ADR at CRT for a little special treatment.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #29
tinks_1989
need a like button

there was a photopass lady there just for us but no we had to pay extra for the photos

what was included was the slipper engraved with our names the date and your own special message ours says happily ever after, champagne flutes and the chocolate glass slipper desert and around hers it says will you marry me?

I can forward all the info they sent DF if you PM me your email address I can also send you the email of the co ordinator so you can get in contact directly with CRT
Old 11-21-2009, 01:55 PM   #30
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

We also got engaged at CRT and they do have the photopass person take pictures of the whole proposal. You have to buy the pictures separately but we had preordered the photopass cd so that wasn't a problem. They really got some great pics and it was awesome to be able to show people back at home. Everyone says they tear up when they see the pics. I'm sure they could set up something similar for you at CG if you wanted.

Tags
engagement, glass slipper, proposal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: