Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
JustBusiness
Earning My Ears

Talking Proposing in Disney, 1/5/2010

My girlfriend and I are taking a trip to Disney World, our favorite vacation destination, from January 4-11. I am planning on proposing the second evening of our stay at the California Grill just before the fireworks start. After speaking with a Disney planner she mentioned a few ideas, the glass slipper with a ring in it, and some floral arrangements from Disney Florist.

My girlfriend loves Disney princesses, so the glass slipper is definitely in the plans. Has anyone here done this (either proposed, or been proposed to).

Not sure about the flowers, is this customary for engagements? Or a requirement for the glass slipper?

I know there are two of us posting about engagements on here currently, so I am following his thread as well.

Details on the trip; we will be staying 7 nights at the Yacht Club with the deluxe dining (my first time with any dining plan), 8-day park hopper, and water parks. We will definitely get the just engaged pins.

Also, I know we want to have our wedding at Disney (this is a very special place for both of us, we spent our first vacation here, and 3 of the 4 subsequent January's). Is there a wedding kiosk, or somewhere to get basic info, and talk to someone, or is this by appointment only?
JustBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:04 AM   #2
JustBusiness
Earning My Ears

I also need a recommendation for engagement photos. I am sort of leaning towards a Photopass person, and giving them a nice tip. We have pictures at the Kodak spot to the right of the castle in MK from 5 years ago, and would be nice to have the same place for these. Do you think professional photos are necessary?

Also, will a waiter or maitre'd take photos of the proposal at California Grill?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2009, 12:08 PM   #3
kmg148
DIS Veteran

They definitely will. I would call ahead and speak with someone. They will find someone around to take photos for you.
kmg148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
DisneyFairytale
DIS Veteran

That is so adorable. I could only dream of me being proposed to in Disneyland! the only issue is, I figure things out to easily

Good luck with the planning. I can only imagine how happy she is going to be! Make sure to come post photos!
DisneyFairytale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #5
JustBusiness
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFairytale View Post
That is so adorable. I could only dream of me being proposed to in Disneyland! the only issue is, I figure things out to easily
I hope she doesn't figure it out very easily, but am sure she will. She knows it's coming shortly (we went ring shopping), and since it won't happen on Christmas or New Years, I'm sure she'll assume it.

I'm sure it'll still be wonderful. I can't think of a better way to propose. I just have to hope they will bring the slipper to the California Grill.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #6
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

No wedding info desk, but you can call your resort and see how they can help you. I asked my partner to marry me this past Aug and actually had that info IN our dinner ressies. I too did this the 2nd night of our trip. I proposed on the beach at the Poly during WISHES, very romantic. After that, every time we had dinner, the wait staff was SO wonderful, everyone congratulated us and we got some yummy gifts. I went thru Disney Florist, and had the IN ROOM CELEBRATION, very romantic, very nice. I LOVED them, very professional and reasonable.

Good luck,

Chris
Old 11-05-2009, 03:06 PM   #7
Donald'sGirl
DIS Veteran

My DF was going to propose the same way you were thinking but they when he spoke to someone at Disney they gave him another idea which he did do (on a carriage ride) but he got me the bouquet that looks like a pillow with Cinderellas slipper and tiara from Disney Floral to give to me with the ring.

The CG is great at accomodating that, I would just call and speak with one of the managers. Good luck and make sure you come back to tell us all the details! If you want you could try stopping by Franck's while you are there and see if you could have a site visit to some of the locations or just to look inside the WP if its not in use. They are great about that.

Donald'sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:37 PM   #8
JustBusiness
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulmates View Post
No wedding info desk, but you can call your resort and see how they can help you. I asked my partner to marry me this past Aug and actually had that info IN our dinner ressies. I too did this the 2nd night of our trip. I proposed on the beach at the Poly during WISHES, very romantic. After that, every time we had dinner, the wait staff was SO wonderful, everyone congratulated us and we got some yummy gifts. I went thru Disney Florist, and had the IN ROOM CELEBRATION, very romantic, very nice. I LOVED them, very professional and reasonable.

Good luck,

Chris
What did the in room celebration involve? Any guidance on the cost?

I am hoping to pop the question right before Wishes begins, we'll see what the CG managers have to say. I will be calling them early next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald'sGirl View Post
My DF was going to propose the same way you were thinking but they when he spoke to someone at Disney they gave him another idea which he did do (on a carriage ride) but he got me the bouquet that looks like a pillow with Cinderellas slipper and tiara from Disney Floral to give to me with the ring.

The CG is great at accomodating that, I would just call and speak with one of the managers. Good luck and make sure you come back to tell us all the details! If you want you could try stopping by Franck's while you are there and see if you could have a site visit to some of the locations or just to look inside the WP if its not in use. They are great about that.
I am new around here, and don't know what "Franck's" is. So what is it, and how do I go about getting there?

Thanks again for everyones input. Looking forward to the trip!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:42 PM   #9
kmg148
DIS Veteran

Trust me, they will work with you. You can get the slipper, and as someone mentioned, they have a bouquet that looks like a pillow that is gorgeous!

Good luck!
kmg148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:43 PM   #10
JustBusiness
Earning My Ears

Thanks, now testing out my sig.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:28 PM   #11
Lindsay22
DIS Veteran

You could probably try calling the DFTW number to see if you can set up an appt with a Sales Consultant. Assuming they can get you in, you should be able to see a few different locations (on our sales visit we saw wedding pavilion, the French Islands in Epcot and somewhere else...) I'd take a quick glance at the website to see any sites you'd be interested in.
Congratulations!

Lindsay22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:17 PM   #12
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

Congrats! You can definitely go visit the WP as long as there's not a wedding taking place, you can also just visit a bunch of the others, such as Sea Breeze Point. Since you know you want to have a Disney wedding it would be a good idea to call a Sales Consultant and maybe set up a site visit. I really wish we had toured the reception locations during our visit.

Franck's is located between the GF and Poly, but while there will be someone there, the true DFTW team work in another office, so that's why you'll want to set up something specific if you want to tour reception locations.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:21 AM   #13
Donald'sGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBusiness View Post
I am new around here, and don't know what "Franck's" is. So what is it, and how do I go about getting there?

Thanks again for everyones input. Looking forward to the trip!
Franck's is where the planners hold the planning sessions for the weddings and also meet with engaged couples to take them on site visits. If you go to the Grand Floridian and head out past the pool on the way to the spa and tennis courts you will see the Wedding Pavilion in front of you along with Francks with the circular driveway. They have tons of stuff in there of what they can do and there is usually someone there at the desk.

Donald'sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:50 AM   #14
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I did 2 choices from DISNEY FLORIST, here they are:

Toast to your dreams with these Mickey-etched glasses, your favorite wine, cheese, chocolate, and crackers to create an enchanted evening during your stay! Ask about creating a magical toast! Prices start at $90 depending on your choice of wine or champagne.
Your Dream Maker at the Disney Florist can suggest a magical presentation and card message just for your occasion! (Shown with Asti Spumante - $98.95)

By Florida law, alcohol deliveries require a photo ID and signature by the guest, for the safety of minors. However, there’s no need to worry, if the guest is not in their room at the time of delivery, the resort will leave a message on their phone and they can just call the front desk when they return.

Romance With Rose Petals RomanceWithRosePetal

Imagine walking into your room to beautiful, multi-colored rose petals sprinkled on your bed! Now that's romantic... Please note- Heart shape design is for photo purposes only.

US $60.00

Yes, it seems pricey, but we enjoyed the wine & goodies, and left the rose petals on the floor, SO romantic. They had them on the bed, the table, and floor. We saved the ones on the table, and dried them out and put in a lovely vase when we got home.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:08 PM   #15
aduck126
DIS Veteran

I got the cinderella slipper when i got engaged!!!! if you click on my PJ at the bottom you can see pics of me holding the flower pillow and wearing the tiara on the first page. It was awesome, you should most def order it for her! If she wears it in the parks like I did, all the cast members will bow as you walk by and say things like "hello princess" and "your madgesty"
aduck126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engagement, glass slipper, proposal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: