Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2011, 08:05 PM   #1381
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Thanks for all the help guys!!!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #1382
wdwdancerwannabe
DIS Veteran

regarding printing these as actual photos... this is what i'm wanting to do --- but i'm worried that the pictures will have the natural curve to them that pictures typically do - and they won't lay flat ... like a book.... thoughts????

Saratoga Springs 2011 - 15 days:
Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2766409

WDW Dancer Wannabe
wdwdancerwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2011, 07:39 AM   #1383
MusicMouse
Ph.D. Finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwdancerwannabe View Post
regarding printing these as actual photos... this is what i'm wanting to do --- but i'm worried that the pictures will have the natural curve to them that pictures typically do - and they won't lay flat ... like a book.... thoughts????
I haven't had a problem with them not laying flat - I think that once you have them bound that they are held flat by their own wieght.

The Autograph Book Thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2323160
My Photobucket Designs: http://s1019.beta.photobucket.com/us...79157098735744
MusicMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:49 PM   #1384
yayasue
Mouseketeer

MusicMouse your covers are really awesome!! Can I please, pretty please get some for my kids autograph book. I love the blue one and the names would be: Alex Dylan Emma Thank you I'm just not sure if I need 4x6 or 5x7. I'm thinking that all my cards will be printed in 4x6 so perhaps 4x6 for the cover would be better?

Thank you :-)

Last edited by yayasue; 06-02-2011 at 06:36 PM.
yayasue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #1385
MelFas
I <3 Mickey

WOW Music Mouse your work is AMAZING! I looked throught your photo bucket page and do not see one for Steve. If you have a chance could you make one with the 4 parks. Whatever color is easiest! I REALLY appreciate it!

MelFas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:21 PM   #1386
wdwdancerwannabe
DIS Veteran

Thank you for making the cover for Torrie and Cayden --- I intend to put it in their care package filled with treasures and goodies that will arrive from "DISNEY" right before we leave!

Saratoga Springs 2011 - 15 days:
Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2766409

WDW Dancer Wannabe
wdwdancerwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #1387
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterpop View Post
Just to add to and support some things that MusicMouse has said...

I have done autographs for two years now and my girls love it! I have the autograph cards printed at a Walgreens-type of place. I put all of the cards in alphabetical order (and a safe place) and when we see a character, I take out the appropriate card and put it on a little clipboard (click me: http://www.staples.com/OIC-Clipboard...:StaplesSearch) for each of my girls to hold and then give them a retractable sharpie (click me: http://www.staples.com/Sharpie-Retra...?cmArea=SEARCH) for the character to sign with. In addition, I take several pictures (don't we all!) of them with the character. It works out great!

When we get back home after the trip, I put the signed cards in a photograph album with each signed auto card next to a picture of my daughters with the character. I use this as a "running" album that I update with new character autographs (or ones we didn't get from the previous year) and pictures from each trip.

The other autograph book that I have done is a hard bound one that I had made thru artscow (see my photobucket link below for the pages I made/used). This worked out great as well, but the only problem is that you can't update it for each trip. From my experiences, if you have time to spare, artscow does a great job for a reasonable price; the only problem is that they are based in Hong Kong and it takes a few weeks from submitting your order to getting it delivered.

Although the hardbound book is nice, l prefer to use the individual auto cards and continuosly "update" the auto/photo album. Not only can we keep all of the auto cards in one book, but it is fun to see and compare my girls with the characters "over the years".

Hope this helps!

Evan
i do the same thing. this is what I carry the cards into the parks with my cards

& I also take a picture of the kidlets getting their autographs and then make albums. According to my niece her girls take out the picture album I made them at least once or twice a month to look at them. Have fun. Don't forget to check page 2 as you don't want to carry cards to the park of characters you won't see. MM does a great job of keeping that list up to date and we thank her for it. also, make sure you take generic ones in case you run into a character that is new. It's addicting. Penny
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
chaoscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #1388
kimntrent
Mouseketeer

Do you have the ability to make a cover for my son Lucas?
Old 06-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #1389
yayasue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimntrent View Post
I just found some with my kids names in MusicMouse's photobucket pictures amd there are some with Lucas there: http://s1019.photobucket.com/albums/...oks/?start=all

To MusicMouse: Forget my request, I found them in your photobucket :-) Thanks!!
Old 06-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #1390
yayasue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscent View Post
i do the same thing. this is what I carry the cards into the parks with my cards

& I also take a picture of the kidlets getting their autographs and then make albums. According to my niece her girls take out the picture album I made them at least once or twice a month to look at them. Have fun. Don't forget to check page 2 as you don't want to carry cards to the park of characters you won't see. MM does a great job of keeping that list up to date and we thank her for it. also, make sure you take generic ones in case you run into a character that is new. It's addicting. Penny
This is my plan for my 3 kid's book. I'm just wondering if it's worth it for me to get everything printed out as we will not be majorly concentrating on autographs. We're going to do what we can and hope to run into some of them somewhere.lol we're doing MNSSHP that should help too!

Love the idea of making a scrapbook once home with the pictures of them getting the autograph :-)
Old 06-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #1391
MusicMouse
Ph.D. Finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelFas View Post
WOW Music Mouse your work is AMAZING! I looked throught your photo bucket page and do not see one for Steve. If you have a chance could you make one with the 4 parks. Whatever color is easiest! I REALLY appreciate it!
Thank you for the kind words! The one with the four parks is Natalie's, but she's not designing right now, so I am personalizing them for her. Here is your cover :

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimntrent View Post
Here you go :

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelheid1976
Could you perhaps make me a cover with the characters on it for "Natalie's Autograph Book"?

If you can I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Heidi
I wasn't sure which cover you wanted, so I did them both.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #1392
MusicMouse
Ph.D. Finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayasue View Post
This is my plan for my 3 kid's book. I'm just wondering if it's worth it for me to get everything printed out as we will not be majorly concentrating on autographs. We're going to do what we can and hope to run into some of them somewhere.lol we're doing MNSSHP that should help too!

Love the idea of making a scrapbook once home with the pictures of them getting the autograph :-)
Maybe you should just make one for MNSSHP - I have a great cover with the Fab 6!

Old 06-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #1393
yayasue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicMouse View Post
Maybe you should just make one for MNSSHP - I have a great cover with the Fab 6!

I may just do that! I've already saved the cover :-) lol Thanks
Old 06-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #1394
callmeal42
A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep....

Thank you!

Thank you so much to all the creative DISigners, but especially to MusicMouse for organizing this awesome thread! On our last trip we used Natalie's disigns and got a lot of attention from the characters as a result...well worth the time & ink spent in creating our books! This trip, we plan to use a combination of several disigners' works. We appreciate all of your creative talents in making our vacation so magical & memorable.
July 2011: Pop Century
Jul-Aug 2010: 1st visit ~ Fort Wilderness Cabins
callmeal42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #1395
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

I just finished making our first autograph book for Leah and I think it'll be so cute! I decided to go ahead and make a photobook today since walgreens has books for 40% off. I made a 50 page book for $23! I did 5x7 with the custom cover you made for her musicmouse! It didn't give me an option for matte pages so hopefully the sharpie works well on the glossy ones. I added a text to the back cover saying what date the book was started on. We don't spend a ton of time seeing characters so it may take years to fill her book!

Thanks for all the awesome pages to pick from DISigners and for all the help musicmouse!!!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: