Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #2761
alisahh
Earning My Ears

thank you SO VERY much! the girls are going to be thrilled!

Last edited by alisahh; 09-02-2012 at 12:22 AM.
alisahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #2762
Klb3780
Earning My Ears

MusicMouse - Thank you so much for the covers; you are the best!
Klb3780 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #2763
slbgnb
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much!!!! Can't wait to meet Periwinkle.
slbgnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #2764
MusicMouse
Ph.D. Finally!

Character Update

Now that Periwinkle is meeting with Tinkerbell, the other fairies have been pushed back to "random" status. Please note that I have taken all of the fairies off of the master list except for Tink and Peri.

The Autograph Book Thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2323160
My Photobucket Designs: http://s1019.beta.photobucket.com/us...79157098735744
MusicMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #2765
MusicMouse
Ph.D. Finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuess View Post
I'm way early getting o ur autograph book together, lol.

MusicMouse, do you know anywhere I could find a Wreck-It-Ralph card?
Or will you be making one?
Here are Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope. They will be meeting in the Art of Animation Studio in DHS later this fall. I will let you know when I get a firm date.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #2766
Dee Hill
DIS Veteran

We are going on our first trip to WDW in Jan. I am trying to decide what pages are needed for the auto book. I notice on your #2 post that Snow White's Prince Charming and Cinderella's Prince aren't listed. Allears.net metioned they are sometimes around for CRT. Should I include them? I don't even know if my DS (4) or DD (6) will care about the autographs, so I don't want to make the books too big (aka use a lot of ink and cardstock). I also don't want the books to only have princesses if the princes are there (I have a son). What do you suggest?
Thank you,
Dee
Dee Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #2767
MusicMouse
Ph.D. Finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Hill View Post
We are going on our first trip to WDW in Jan. I am trying to decide what pages are needed for the auto book. I notice on your #2 post that Snow White's Prince Charming and Cinderella's Prince aren't listed. Allears.net metioned they are sometimes around for CRT. Should I include them? I don't even know if my DS (4) or DD (6) will care about the autographs, so I don't want to make the books too big (aka use a lot of ink and cardstock). I also don't want the books to only have princesses if the princes are there (I have a son). What do you suggest?
Thank you,
Dee
AllEars tends to not be very up-to-date when it comes to the characters. Those Princes are rare characters, and are usually only seen in the daily parades. Prince Charming (Cinderella's) appears nightly at the 1900 Park Fare Character Dinner at the Grand Floridian. If your son REALLY wants to meet a Prince, book a dinner there. Prince Naveen sometimes meets with Tiana in Liberty Square, and Prince Eric currently meets with Ariel on the Veranda in Adventureland, although that will change once Ariel's gortto is completed in the new Fantasyland Expansion. Aladdin meets with Jasmine next to the flying carpets in Adventureland. The very best site out there for character accuracy is Kenny the Pirate's site: http://kennythepirate.com/character-schedules/. It tells you who is appearing, where, and what the best time is to catch them. If you are worried about your kids not being into the autograph thing, you can always make up cards for the big characters (Fab. 6) and any characters from character meals that you will be attending, and then make up the rest of your book with generic autograph pages. If you are worried about ink and cardstock, you can get your images printed as photos. A Sharpie will write easily on these without smearing.

ETA: My list in Post #2 only has 63 signing characters in it, which is about the average number of characters that you can expect to see over the course of a week. Even if you include all of them, be sure to include 5 or so generic pages for unexpected or "rare" characters.

Last edited by MusicMouse; 09-03-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #2768
Dee Hill
DIS Veteran

Wow, that was fast! Thank you for the information. It is exactly what I need.
Dee
Dee Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #2769
txcpamom
Mouseketeer

Talking Finished products!

Thank you Music Mouse, DoNatalie, and all of the DISigners here! I can't wait to surprise the kiddos with these! I keep carrying them around with me to look at them, so I really hope I don't get busted...I have 7 more weeks to keep this under wraps! I started to do two books per kid (one regular one, and one for character meals), but I decided to bind them together for now, and then just put them in two separate photo albums with the photos of the kids & characters with their autographs when we get back. Unless they want to keep the books as is and glue the photos on the pages opposite the autographs.

Me, DH, DS(9), DD(7)
10/13: SSR, 2-bedroom villa
10/12: Polynesian
txcpamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #2770
kennythepirate
Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
Toy Story Mania MASTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicMouse View Post
Now that Periwinkle is meeting with Tinkerbell, the other fairies have been pushed back to "random" status. Please note that I have taken all of the fairies off of the master list except for Tink and Peri.
Peri doesn't start until the 9th
Old 09-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #2771
kennythepirate
Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
Toy Story Mania MASTER!!!

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicMouse View Post
AllEars tends to not be very up-to-date when it comes to the characters. Those Princes are rare characters, and are usually only seen in the daily parades. Prince Charming (Cinderella's) appears nightly at the 1900 Park Fare Character Dinner at the Grand Floridian. If your son REALLY wants to meet a Prince, book a dinner there. Prince Naveen sometimes meets with Tiana in Liberty Square, and Prince Eric currently meets with Ariel on the Veranda in Adventureland, although that will change once Ariel's gortto is completed in the new Fantasyland Expansion. Aladdin meets with Jasmine next to the flying carpets in Adventureland. The very best site out there for character accuracy is Kenny the Pirate's site: http://kennythepirate.com/character-schedules/. It tells you who is appearing, where, and what the best time is to catch them. If you are worried about your kids not being into the autograph thing, you can always make up cards for the big characters (Fab. 6) and any characters from character meals that you will be attending, and then make up the rest of your book with generic autograph pages. If you are worried about ink and cardstock, you can get your images printed as photos. A Sharpie will write easily on these without smearing.

ETA: My list in Post #2 only has 63 signing characters in it, which is about the average number of characters that you can expect to see over the course of a week. Even if you include all of them, be sure to include 5 or so generic pages for unexpected or "rare" characters.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #2772
MusicMouse
Ph.D. Finally!

Thank YOU KennythePirate for keeping up with all of this! You and Josh and all of the folks out there who keep us up-to-date on all of the stuff going on at WDW are invaluable resources!!

Old 09-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #2773
nmills
Mouseketeer

This may be an odd question, what are the average size of the autographs? I am going to be making a scrapbook of our trip with the autographs included on the pages and I want to have the card stock in different shapes, I just want to make sure I am not cutting them too small. One shape I will be using for princess autographs and any other female characters are 5x3.5 and for all male characters are 4x3. Hopefully this is the correct place to ask I have not been able to find an answer to this anywhere. If this is not the correct place I apologize I am new to the whole Disboards... Thanks in advance!
nmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #2774
MusicMouse
Ph.D. Finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmills View Post
This may be an odd question, what are the average size of the autographs? I am going to be making a scrapbook of our trip with the autographs included on the pages and I want to have the card stock in different shapes, I just want to make sure I am not cutting them too small. One shape I will be using for princess autographs and any other female characters are 5x3.5 and for all male characters are 4x3. Hopefully this is the correct place to ask I have not been able to find an answer to this anywhere. If this is not the correct place I apologize I am new to the whole Disboards... Thanks in advance!
I usually recommend that you do not go any smaller than 3x5 cards. The costumes that the characters wear often make it difficult for them to sign things that are small. That being said, the autographs usually don't take up the enitre card. Perhaps you could use 3x5 or 4x6 cards and then cut them down to size after your trip?

Old 09-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #2775
DisneyGuess
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the Wreck-it-Ralph cards! I don't know what I'd do without you DrMouse!

DisneyGuess is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: