Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #1546
bubsmoljo
Mouseketeer
 
bubsmoljo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Severna Park, MD
Posts: 217

Probably a Stupid question, but...

I hope this is a good place to post my question, it's the autograph thread so why not? Anyway, MusicMouse as a previous poster said, you make it extremely hard not to make ADR's at places where you have awesome autograph cards My question goes out to everyone. Do you make 1 autograph book and incorporate character meals into your 1 book? Or do you make a book with just character meals? What do you guys do? If I use the Pooh CP card and then see Pooh elsewhere do you guys only get him to sign once at CP or do you have another generic Pooh autograph card? Am I making sense? Am I being an "over-planner"? Tell me what works for you guys. BTW this is my family's first trip, so I'm totally in teh dark as to what works best.
__________________
Me(Stacy) DH(Chris) DS-6(Gaius) DS-4(Jansen) 2 spoiled cats
DVC'ers since 2011
bubsmoljo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #1547
marelwood
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12

Thank you

Thank you for the instructions on the books. I am making four two for each of my Grandkids one meal and one park. Just wanted to say Thank you to all the great DISigners!!
marelwood is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-19-2011, 01:17 PM   #1548
heatherkali
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 53

LOVE the new CP cards!!! Can't wait to see all the 8x8!! thanks again MusicMouse!!!
heatherkali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #1549
MusicMouse
Ph.D. Finally!
 
MusicMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsmoljo View Post
I hope this is a good place to post my question, it's the autograph thread so why not? Anyway, MusicMouse as a previous poster said, you make it extremely hard not to make ADR's at places where you have awesome autograph cards My question goes out to everyone. Do you make 1 autograph book and incorporate character meals into your 1 book? Or do you make a book with just character meals? What do you guys do? If I use the Pooh CP card and then see Pooh elsewhere do you guys only get him to sign once at CP or do you have another generic Pooh autograph card? Am I making sense? Am I being an "over-planner"? Tell me what works for you guys. BTW this is my family's first trip, so I'm totally in teh dark as to what works best.
Thank you for your kind words! I am so glad that you like my new cards! You can do it either way. We made separate cards for dining and the parks, because in some cases, the characters are wearing other outfits for their character meals. I also printed and bound them myself, so the extra cards weren't such a big deal. If I were making a photobook, I would make a separate book for my character meals (if I were going for 3 or more character meals). Also, if you want to fit more characters per page for a photobook, try 8x8 pages (2 characters per page) instead of 4x6.
__________________
Have a magical day!

The Autograph Book Thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2323160
My Photobucket Designs: http://s1019.beta.photobucket.com/us...79157098735744

Last edited by MusicMouse; 07-20-2011 at 10:18 AM.
MusicMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:13 AM   #1550
MusicMouse
Ph.D. Finally!
 
MusicMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,042

8x8 Crystal Palace

Here you go, Heather :





__________________
Have a magical day!

The Autograph Book Thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2323160
My Photobucket Designs: http://s1019.beta.photobucket.com/us...79157098735744
MusicMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #1551
heatherkali
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 53

MusicMouse is AMAZING!!

Oh MY!! MusicMouse you are AMAZING!!! 2 meals down.. 3 (for me) to go!! I absolutely LOVE your DISigns!! Cant wait to see the rest!!

and THANK YOU again!!
heatherkali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:48 AM   #1552
MusicMouse
Ph.D. Finally!
 
MusicMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,042

More 8x8 Crystal Palace

I changed it a little. I think I like these better...





__________________
Have a magical day!

The Autograph Book Thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2323160
My Photobucket Designs: http://s1019.beta.photobucket.com/us...79157098735744
MusicMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:55 AM   #1553
DisneyGuess
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyGuess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,029

Darnit!! Those are adorable!!! Glad I haven't ordered already!!
Quick question....I haven't seen that Rabbit is at CP? Is he? That would be so great!!!!


Also, for anyone who makes & orders their autograph books thru Snapfish, they extended their Buy 1, Get 2 Free until tomorrow. MYSUMMERBKS is the code at checkout.
__________________
Pirate Princess of a band of Pirates
Me DH DS17 DS16 DS12 DS5

DisneyGuess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:05 AM   #1554
MusicMouse
Ph.D. Finally!
 
MusicMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuess View Post
Darnit!! Those are adorable!!! Glad I haven't ordered already!!
Quick question....I haven't seen that Rabbit is at CP? Is he? That would be so great!!!!


Also, for anyone who makes & orders their autograph books thru Snapfish, they extended their Buy 1, Get 2 Free until tomorrow. MYSUMMERBKS is the code at checkout.
Thanks for the tip! In this economy we'll take all the discounts we can!! Rabbit is spotted occasionally at CP, but he is not a regular. I included him for these cards, "just in case".
__________________
Have a magical day!

The Autograph Book Thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2323160
My Photobucket Designs: http://s1019.beta.photobucket.com/us...79157098735744

Last edited by MusicMouse; 07-20-2011 at 12:06 PM.
MusicMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #1555
bubsmoljo
Mouseketeer
 
bubsmoljo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Severna Park, MD
Posts: 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicMouse View Post
Thank you for your kind words! I am so glad that you like my new cards! You can do it either way. We made separate cards for dining and the parks, because in some cases, the characters are wearing other outfits for their character meals. I also printed and bound them myself, so the extra cards weren't such a big deal. If I were making a photobook, I would make a separate book for my character meals (if I were going for 3 or more character meals). Also, if you want to fit more characters per page for a photobook, try 8x8 pages (2 characters per page) instead of 4x6.
well MusicMouse you just added another project to my list we are doing 4 character meals whoopee!!! Thanks for the insight AND the great pages!!
__________________
Me(Stacy) DH(Chris) DS-6(Gaius) DS-4(Jansen) 2 spoiled cats
DVC'ers since 2011
bubsmoljo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #1556
gabby99girl
Earning My Ears
 
gabby99girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Daphne, Alabama
Posts: 61

just wondering??!!!

hey there MusicMouse!!! I was just wondering, are you planning on doing all the restaurants, or are you taking requests for specific ones? I love both the Ohana & Crystal Palace....so I'm thinking of changing the design for my dining autograph book!!!! If you're planning on playing around a bit, can I interest you in doing 1900 Park Fare Cinderella's Dinner, Akershus, & Tusker House? Only if you feel like it!!!
__________________
(me) (DH) (DD) 13(DD) 8

POP CENTURY 9-20-11 - 9-25-11
All Star Movies 9-26-09 - 10-02-09
USF/IOA 8-5-12 - 8-10-12
gabby99girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #1557
MusicMouse
Ph.D. Finally!
 
MusicMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby99girl View Post
hey there MusicMouse!!! I was just wondering, are you planning on doing all the restaurants, or are you taking requests for specific ones? I love both the Ohana & Crystal Palace....so I'm thinking of changing the design for my dining autograph book!!!! If you're planning on playing around a bit, can I interest you in doing 1900 Park Fare Cinderella's Dinner, Akershus, & Tusker House? Only if you feel like it!!!
I am going to get to all of them eventually, but first I have to do Chef Mickey's, Play and Dine, and Garden Grill for a previous request. I would be happy to add you to the queue!
__________________
Have a magical day!

The Autograph Book Thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2323160
My Photobucket Designs: http://s1019.beta.photobucket.com/us...79157098735744
MusicMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #1558
gabby99girl
Earning My Ears
 
gabby99girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Daphne, Alabama
Posts: 61

Smile

thanks! that sounds great!! and i just promised my husband that i was all finished!!! i should have known better!! i'm gonna need a 12 step program when all this is finished!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicMouse View Post
I am going to get to all of them eventually, but first I have to do Chef Mickey's, Play and Dine, and Garden Grill for a previous request. I would be happy to add you to the queue!
__________________
(me) (DH) (DD) 13(DD) 8

POP CENTURY 9-20-11 - 9-25-11
All Star Movies 9-26-09 - 10-02-09
USF/IOA 8-5-12 - 8-10-12
gabby99girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:18 PM   #1559
StephC1217
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Near Boston, Ma
Posts: 235

Hi

I am thinking about make an autograph book for our first trip this October. I was just wondering if anyone uses Shutterfly or Snapfish to print out 4x6 autograph cards (rather than printing them all out themselves- not sure I have time to do that) I was just wondering if when you order them, how they come out? Do they come out clear or blurry? Also, does the marker smudge on them when they autograph (I am going to order matte because i think it will be less likely to smear than glossy but I am still worried) Just looking for some input!! Thanks!!
__________________
Me! (33) : DH (33) DS8

StephC1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:39 PM   #1560
iteach7th
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephC1217 View Post
Hi

I am thinking about make an autograph book for our first trip this October. I was just wondering if anyone uses Shutterfly or Snapfish to print out 4x6 autograph cards (rather than printing them all out themselves- not sure I have time to do that) I was just wondering if when you order them, how they come out? Do they come out clear or blurry? Also, does the marker smudge on them when they autograph (I am going to order matte because i think it will be less likely to smear than glossy but I am still worried) Just looking for some input!! Thanks!!
I am also very interested to get someones input on this as well. I am thinking about making them into a photo book but like this post - was worried about the blurry factor and was wondering about the ink smearing even with a Sharpie.
__________________


1980 - 1987: annual spring break trip to Magic Kingdom
October 2006: All Star Music
June 2007: Royal Pacific - Universal/IOA
October 2007: Pop Century
October 2009: Port Orleans Riverside
December 2010: New Years at Sea World and volunteering at Give Kids The World
October 2011: All-Star Movies
December 2011: New Years at Sea World and volunteering at Give Kids The World
December 2012 - New Years at Universal/IOA and volunteering at Give Kids The World
December 2013 - New Years at Universal/IOA and volunteering at Give Kids the World
iteach7th is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which is better Tour Guide Mike or Unofficial Guide? autismgoesdisney Disney World Tips 26 03-11-2014 07:24 AM
Pick up the book you are reading..... Kirby Community Board 119 11-24-2009 03:03 PM
Does Disney make a decent Wii or Nintendo DS game? ogreenlee Community Board 21 11-03-2009 08:20 PM
Making soup with rice question ckay87 Community Board 16 11-03-2009 03:02 PM
Autograph book DREAMINGOFMOUSEEARS Creative DISigns 1 11-03-2009 02:39 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: