Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2009, 07:35 AM   #1
Dizneydawn
One Road Trip Away From A STRAIGHT JACKET! Wanna Come too?

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Talking Move Your Louis Vuitton Luggage for my Piggly Wiggly Bags Please - Leave in 1 day!

This, my comrades is a story of great luck and great drive. It may also be a story of great stupidity but that will only be known in the next month and a half.

You see, we are simple folks. We are paycheck to paycheck people but we have heart. We have ambition. We have gumption.

This is also what rednecks say about why they race their Aunt Edna's old Buick on the back dirt roads after a 24 pack of Uncle Cletus's moonshine and a thunder bumper down by the hollar.

If that makes any sense to you than you might be a redneck.

We are not quite that gumption filled. We are actually not from the South either. I have only been to a Piggly Wiggly once and was thrown off by the word buggy.

Are you rattled yet? Are you wondering why this bonified multiple personality case is talking out loud like you can hear me?

The reason is simple.

I feel like a red neck at times. I feel like I have an inner red neck just itchin to spread it's wings like the Swine Flu. Take over everything.

Or at least the Poly.

Not so big on World Domination. (nation... nation... sounding over a loud speaker at a WWF match....not that I have watched that since Hulk Hogan wasn't such a Desperate Housewives mess.)

But I am big on the Poly. (Actually I am just big everywhere right now and thus the weight loss ticker but that is for my friend Richard Simmons fans and not for you Anthony Bourdain fans.)

I have dreamed of the Poly since first laying eyes on her. I have eaten in her restaurants and drank my pineapple filled beverages with the umbrellas trying to fit in. I have swam at her pools and lounged on her beaches. I have used her facilities and showered in the volcano. I have done everything short of actually having a room there and now...the Piggly Wiggly God's have spoken.

(K - you got me there again - it is Wal-Mart and Target bags but for effect they do not sound sexy do they?)

My soon to be better half just got a part time job at the Disney Store and that means Cast Member discounts.

They have a doosey available for the Holidays and that means we can have 6 nights at the Poly for about $1,800 including the regular Dining Plan.

So for now, I will be hobnobbing in my head with the Rockefeller's and the Trumps. Or at least those who can afford to stay there with actual luggage.

If it doesn't work out for money - we will downgrade our hotel stay but for now baby - we are planning on the Poly. If you don't plan to succeed you plan to fail and I am not a failure. No matter what my 3rd grade art teacher said!

Up next: The FamDamily.

Last edited by Dizneydawn; 12-15-2009 at 05:54 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
Dizneydawn

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

This is the Family. The Peeps going. The ones we love to love or love to throttle given the day of the week.

Me - Dawn - 38 years old and hoping to make it to 100!
I am a big smart @#ss and pray I never offend anyone but know it is plausible. I work with Silpada Designs Jewelry and LOVE my job. Young Mom and young married and thus did not know myself very well. After almost 16 years it was time to move on and find myself. Little did that know it would also mean finding Dan!

Dan - 40 and the greatest guy I could hope for. Both for myself and for a role model to my kids.
Literally I had told my BF, when the kids Dad and I separated, the criteria of my dream man and he is it. Shows you it pays to dream.

He is a Senior Corporate Trainer for a communications company and now...part time Disney cast member! The latter we have to thank for such a great deal. It definitely means his value there is much higher than his hourly pay!

We met and have not looked back. Planning on getting married next summer at Disney's Vero Beach and truly - just a lifetime of happiness. We are honest with one another and call each other out at times but I wouldn't want it any other way.

At a Dis meet last weekend!

Treyner -Turns 19 mid December and is the oldest.

Graduation June '09

Prom '09

Treyner and I - This is a perfect picture to show you the kind of kid he is. Loving, caring and full of surprise always.

He is in Colorado now at a school he planned on staying at. He was offered full scholarships at many other schools but picked this one for soccer and the coach in particular. The coach left a few weeks before pre-season to coach a pro team in India. To say the rest has been a mess is an understatement. He is looking at different schools as we speak and will probably change schools at semester. I have really been proud of the way he has handled everything thrown at him this first semester of college. Being 30 hours from home and making friends and deciding to leave is one I would not wish on anyone.

He knows he is cute, the girls know he is cute but most of all they love him for his compassionate nature. And his smart mouth. Not sure which wins out some days!

Carsyn - 16 and needing to get her license!

Getting Taylor Swift tickets for her 16th Birthday in August!

Carsyn with her cousin Skyler at Mall of America in September.

Carsyn on first day of school this year.

She is my daughter and she is an amazing person. 11th grade and can drive me batty like no one else ever will and at the same time I stand and look at her in awe.

She has her head on straight about boys and the world in general. Her goals are to work with kids or possible law enforcement. She is too practical at times (she doesn't have her license because she wants to get better at parking while I would have figured that out after I got my license!) for her age and she loves impacting others.

She is my homebody for the most part - that may change once she drives - and she loves to sit back and analyze people and situations.

Baylor - Taller then me this year and a sense of humor that is bigger than himself.

Being goofy at MOA.

Baylor in our new dining area!

Waiting for a ride to start at MOA.

Baylor is the most considerate of them. He will look for something when we are out shopping that is just for me or the house. He is the first to say please and thank you and he is appreciative of everything, always.

He is also the strongest kid. Bravest and has the best attitude towards adversity. He was burned in an accident last Halloween and he has gone through more crud than anyone should have to with grafting and rehab. We had a rough few weeks at the start but he is all boy and all about moving past a situation and always making the best of it. He never blames people for his choices and I appreciate that strength.

He taught this family how much we love each other and brought us closer than I thought possible through this past year and this trip is a celebration of one year of Healing. That word is powerful and broad. Never underestimate healing.

I wanted to give you some insight to this group because the dynamics to each will always define the trip. We are goofy and silly and downright over the top in what we are willing to do compared to many but it works for us.

Hope you come and stay and if you want to know us better - the TR from last Dec is linked below!

Last edited by Dizneydawn; 10-30-2009 at 10:54 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

I followed over from Anita's PTR I hope you don't mind me crashing this party!!! WHAT AN AMAZING DEAL!! WOWZER!! I hope it will all work out and you will finally get your magical stay at the Poly!! I'm definitely looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 10-30-2009, 12:26 PM   #4
Dizneydawn

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I followed over from Anita's PTR I hope you don't mind me crashing this party!!! WHAT AN AMAZING DEAL!! WOWZER!! I hope it will all work out and you will finally get your magical stay at the Poly!! I'm definitely looking forward to hearing all about your trip!
I am so glad to see you here! Stop over at the TR just finishing up from last December... You will enjoy it I promise!

I do have a legitimate reason and I promise this one won't drag out for the length of WWII.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:11 PM   #5
Normangirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydawn View Post
and I promise this one won't drag out for the length of WWII.
Please, drag on.

I'm so excited about your PTR. I mean, what else am I supposed to do here at work all day?
Old 10-30-2009, 02:28 PM   #6
Dizneydawn

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normangirls View Post
Please, drag on.

I'm so excited about your PTR. I mean, what else am I supposed to do here at work all day?
I am going to try and keep you busy - just put 2 more posts up on the TR! Glad you are here!
Old 10-30-2009, 06:51 PM   #7
disneyaddicted
DIS Veteran

I am reading your last pre trip report, it keeps me busy while waiting for your next TR update and now I get to read this one too.
Piggly Wiggly does have a sexier ring to it then walmart or Target, you made the right luggage choice! Just add a styrofoam cooler to that and you are really red neckin it.
This is off topic while being on topic, My sister is having a hysterectomy, (off topic) we came up with a list of things she can do with the old uterus, I never even thought to add to the list that it could be used as a carryon (that makes it on topic) Would you call the uterus luggage redneck or shabby chic?

Those are great pictures of your kids.

This freezing weather is crampin my style A Dec 2010 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post39318035
][IMG]
Old 10-30-2009, 07:11 PM   #8
Dizneydawn

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyaddicted View Post
I am reading your last pre trip report, it keeps me busy while waiting for your next TR update and now I get to read this one too.
Piggly Wiggly does have a sexier ring to it then walmart or Target, you made the right luggage choice! Just add a styrofoam cooler to that and you are really red neckin it.
This is off topic while being on topic, My sister is having a hysterectomy, (off topic) we came up with a list of things she can do with the old uterus, I never even thought to add to the list that it could be used as a carryon (that makes it on topic) Would you call the uterus luggage redneck or shabby chic?
Depends if you tie dye it! Perhaps with left over Easter Egg color!
Those are great pictures of your kids.
Thanks! Trying to post pics I haven't posted before is hard!

Last edited by Dizneydawn; 10-31-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:39 PM   #9
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Yippeeeee! I made it over!
Old 10-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #10
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Hey Dawn, just caught up on the PTR. What a lovely family! I think my Keeley will be quite happy to meet your Treyner....
Anita
Old 10-30-2009, 09:47 PM   #11
Dizneydawn

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Hey Dawn, just caught up on the PTR. What a lovely family! I think my Keeley will be quite happy to meet your Treyner....
Anita
Tag your it!

Thanks for letting me know of my snafu on the link!
Old 10-30-2009, 09:50 PM   #12
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Well, you know I was racing over to try for first page and click.........
What?!?
Scurried over to the PTRs to find it and whew, I had made it.
I sometimes get weird about things.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:28 PM   #13
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Hi!!
I followed Jen following WigD!

I am going with my family Dec 20 - 27! So exciting, isn't it??!! Being in WDW over Christmas!!

Looking forward to more!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 10-30-2009, 11:08 PM   #14
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

I can't believe this!!!

This is amazing! I've never gotten in on a trip (or pre-trip for that matter) at the beginning!!!
I'm so excited!.....and I can't think of a better more exciting PTR than one of yours! I've loved, cried and laughed my way through your last TR and I'm so looking forward to your new one.
Thank you Dawn for keeping us in stitches and tears as we come along on this ride with you, I feel honored and blessed to be apart of a small bit of your life.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Old 10-31-2009, 12:54 AM   #15
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

is there seriously a store called piggly wiggly?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: