Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #211
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedad View Post
My daughter is 15 so she has a little while. She currently makes and dresses up as Anime characters at several events near us. Obviously being a character would be her ultimate goal and at 5' she should by Pooh height! She has no dance experience though. Does she need to learn basic moves even for characters?
At 5' she is more mouse height. (She could do Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, and the list goes on and on b/c there are so many fur friends in that height range.) I'm also 5', so I know a lot about it. Haha For auditions, you have to dance some when you try out, so a small bit of dance experience is helpful. Also, if she gets a high enough color code for dancing, they may make her a parade performer (this is rare though). It just depends on how well the dancing portion of auditions go.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:42 PM   #212
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaz View Post

So, the other day, I met my first Disney character performer!
She was super nice, and she talked about how much fun she has meeting all the guests. She is in mouse height, and told us (me and my friends) that her favorite character to be friends with is Donald. She said parades are her least favorite though, because it gets really hot just sitting on a float.
None of this is particularly helpful information, but it was so cool to hear about it from a first-hand point of view.
That's awesome! How did you meet her?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2010, 07:51 PM   #213
Ajaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodluvr287 View Post
That's awesome! How did you meet her?
I was at a lock-in at my school with some of my friends, and we overheard her talking about how hot Florida can be when you're in a furry suit, so we started asking her all these questions. It was kind of funny. She demonstrated how you have to move in some of the costumes, to correctly portray the different characters' personalities. She said something about Mickey's gloves taking a really long time to get used to because he only has four fingers, which I'd never really thought about before.
Ajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:55 PM   #214
Ajaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodluvr287 View Post
Yep, CPers can do that. I have read they like experience, but they might even take unexperienced people, so you're ahead of the game. There have been some threads that popped up here on roles and such that you could look at. Just search them. I also remember a former photopass person posting on the CP Auditions board a few weeks ago. She talked about working with characters. You could look back through some of the pages and maybe find it.
I don't think this is the person you're talking about, but there is a current photopass cast member with a great blog: http://marinawdwcp.blogspot.com/
Old 03-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #215
wdwislife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't think this is the person you're talking about, but there is a current photopass cast member with a great blog: http://marinawdwcp.blogspot.com/
ooh great blog! i just started reading it through, and it will provide the perfect procrastination tool i need tonight! haha
the only problem is it will once again make me overly excited for the CP that is 3 years away...
WDW TRIPS Feb 2000: offsite | Feb 2002: offsite/yacht club | Feb 2004: offsite | Feb 2006: offsite | Feb 2008: offsite/boardwalk | Feb 2010: Contemporary/offsite | Dec 2010: SUPRISE TRIP at the POP! | Feb 2012: offsite/all-star movies | May 2013: POFQ | Aug 2013: AKL | Sept 2013: FW Cabins | Nov 2013: YC | Dec 2013: CBR | March 2014: Offsite | DL TRIPS Aug 2008: offsite | July 2009: offsite | Aug 2011: offsite | DCL TRIPS Aug 2012: 4 Day Canada/NE, Disney Magic | DLP TRIPS Dec 2012: Sequoia Lodge |
wdwislife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #216
InPerfectClouds
Some imagination, huh?

Just wanted to post a comment to say that I don't think it's weird at all.
I have been on the WDWCP mailing list since 8th grade, no joking at ALL.
My summer camp counselor that year told me she was going to do it, I looked it up, and I've been dying to do it ever since.
And then I got that chance last August!
I've also been collecting the consumer VHS/DVDs since I learned my address.
So what I'm saying is, keep following those Disney dreams - they do come true!
CP Fall 2009 - MK Custodial ::: CP Jan-June 2011 - QSFB ::: CP June-August 2011 - FSFB ::: Part-Time Children's Activities Hostess at Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, and Disney's Art of Animation Resorts August 2011-Present

InPerfectClouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:59 PM   #217
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was at a lock-in at my school with some of my friends, and we overheard her talking about how hot Florida can be when you're in a furry suit, so we started asking her all these questions. It was kind of funny. She demonstrated how you have to move in some of the costumes, to correctly portray the different characters' personalities. She said something about Mickey's gloves taking a really long time to get used to because he only has four fingers, which I'd never really thought about before.
That's interesting. I'd thought about the Mickey fingers before, but I never figured it was that big of a deal because my hands are so small and the costume hands are kinda big. Haha
Old 03-01-2010, 10:00 PM   #218
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Very informative

Quote:
Originally Posted by InPerfectClouds View Post
Just wanted to post a comment to say that I don't think it's weird at all.
I have been on the WDWCP mailing list since 8th grade, no joking at ALL.
My summer camp counselor that year told me she was going to do it, I looked it up, and I've been dying to do it ever since.
And then I got that chance last August!
I've also been collecting the consumer VHS/DVDs since I learned my address.
So what I'm saying is, keep following those Disney dreams - they do come true!
Thanks
Old 03-02-2010, 04:49 PM   #219
r1009t
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That's very cool, and funny about the fingers. So I'm a little confused about when I should do my cp... I'm wondering if I should do it my freshman year?

My reasons are because 1.) I'm sick of waiting lol 2.) the colleges I'm looking at have you declare your major when your a sophmore, which would be a akward time to leave 3.) It would be better timing because with my ap credits I get out of intro level courses (I don't have quite enough credits to be declared a sophmore my 1st year in college but I'm close)

My reasons not to do it my freshman year 1.) I couldn't do fall 2.) I wouldn't have a full year on campus, and I wouldn't be as immersed in college life 3.) I feel like I wouldn't be as close to the friends I've made (in college) when I came back from the cp 4.) Don't know how supportive my parents would be

Sorry that's kind of long and rambling and I hope it make sense any advice would be appreciated
r1009t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #220
mollay
Princess-in-Training

r1009t, I've not yet done the CP but I'm planning to in fall of my junior year. Speaking as a freshman myself, I'd say wait and hold off til another year. Freshman year is your chance to start really getting to know your school -- I think taking a semester off for Disney would throw that off. I'm fortunate enough to be considered a sophomore now, I'm a semester ahead, which is why I'm choosing to do my CP in my junior year. I'll have four full semesters under my belt, and I think that's enough time to determine my major and make sure I have all my important classes out of the way or planned.

I think that's your best bet... I know it's so hard waiting but just think, if you finished the CP in your freshmen year, you wouldn't have anything else to look forward for the rest of college ;D
Old 03-02-2010, 05:19 PM   #221
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollay View Post
r1009t, I've not yet done the CP but I'm planning to in fall of my junior year. Speaking as a freshman myself, I'd say wait and hold off til another year. Freshman year is your chance to start really getting to know your school -- I think taking a semester off for Disney would throw that off. I'm fortunate enough to be considered a sophomore now, I'm a semester ahead, which is why I'm choosing to do my CP in my junior year. I'll have four full semesters under my belt, and I think that's enough time to determine my major and make sure I have all my important classes out of the way or planned.

I think that's your best bet... I know it's so hard waiting but just think, if you finished the CP in your freshmen year, you wouldn't have anything else to look forward for the rest of college ;D
I totally agree with you. I was going to suggest junior year for her also. I will probably do it my sophomore year though.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:51 PM   #222
r1009t
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone that makes sense and it's all helpful. I think one of the first things I'll do when I actually get to college is talk to the counselor about it, which will help me figure everything out.

Last edited by r1009t; 03-04-2010 at 03:03 PM.
r1009t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:53 PM   #223
Ajaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1009t View Post
Thanks everyone that makes sense and it's all helpful. I think one of the first things I'll do when I actually get to college is talk to the counselor about it, which help me figure everything out.
I'm going to my freshman initiation camp in a few months, and I really want to inquire about how exactly the program works with my school.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #224
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1009t View Post
Thanks everyone that makes sense and it's all helpful. I think one of the first things I'll do when I actually get to college is talk to the counselor about it, which help me figure everything out.
That's a good idea
Old 03-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #225
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Has anyone read anything about the web-based inteview? I want to know what its like and what kind of questions it asks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: