Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2009, 01:24 PM   #1
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

It’s a “Wonder” I survived Trip Report: Day 5 – Change of plans…

The cast:
Me – Disney obsessed, Shopaholic & extremely clumsy…..
Lee (DH) – aka the Mad Hatter….

12th September 2009 = Day 5

We had a slow start this morning, Lee had a headache & my foot hurt. It was a miserable looking sky with rain on and off so rather than head to Animal Kingdom which we originally planned we decided to head off for a little retail therapy!!!

I drove over to the Mall at Millenia....without being pulled over by the sheriff may I add! We arrived about 10.30am and headed straight for a much needed decent caffeine fix courtesy of Starbucks! We had a look around the shops and I bought some Yankee Candles and a cute Precious Moment Christmas tree decoration.

Now the next bit upsets me so much that I don’t know if I can even bring myself to type it……but for you guys I will try! I saw the most beautiful handbag in the Gucci shop, which I immediately fell in love with BUT for some stupid unknown reason why when Lee offered to buy it for me…..I declined!!! To this day I have no idea what I was thinking but it is my biggest regret!!! I can only put it down to the pain killers I was taking!

Anyway, I could sit hear crying about it all day but the show must go on! We finished up at the Mall and headed off to Downtown Disney to get a quick bite to eat and where better than…....Earls!!! Lee opted for The Original (fresh roasted beef, cheddar cheese and creamy horseradish sauce, although he subbed the horseradish for mayo) I went with the Best BLT – without tomato (Applewood bacon, lettuce and seasoned mayonnaise) – both were delish!!! We also both had a chocolate pot and a cherry coke each. Cost = 1 counter service credit each.

Once we had been fed and watered it was time to head to THE Christmas Shop!!! I think I drove Lee crazy as I was in there way over an hour probably getting on for two. Eventually I made my way to the till but only as I was kind of resembling buckaroo with baubles and goodness knows what balanced in my arms and dangling from my ears with poor Lee trailing behind me carrying two overflowing baskets. Thanks goodness for the ship to resort facility!

I haven’t got loads of photos today so here are some (not all ) of the items I bought…..

Continued below....

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side

Not from the Christmas shop but I got this cookie jar too….

Today was a special “Precious Moments” event where they released a new Disney theme park exclusive ornament and they had the Master Sculptor, Hiko Maeda at Art of Disney store to sign the ornaments. As you guys may know I love these ornaments and have collected a few over the past year or so….so who am I to turn down such a great opportunity to spend some more $$$’s! So I hot footed it (or should that be hop footed it) over to AoD, dragging Lee kicking and screaming.

I bought the following three ornaments and had them signed by Hiko Maeda.

I also bought two more later on in the trip but I’ll post those here too….

We popped next door to the Design-a-Tee shop, where I designed a Lilo & Stitch T Shirt – just a note to all that they take about a hour to print the so don’t do what we did and leave it to the last shop - but no worries as they do the ship to resort facility so no problem. Before we ventured back to the car there was time for a quick stop off at Goofy’s. We picked up a couple of chocolate covered marshmallows.

We drove back to OKW around 5pm and freshened up and changed then off over to Fort Wilderness for our first Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue! We parked up at FW and got the bus to Pioneer Hall. We had a little look around the shop and then checked in and got our photo taken, which we didn’t buy as it was very expensive $31!!! (It wasn’t a very nice photo of us anyway) We waited outside until we were let in at 7.15pm, our table was downstairs in the middle but off to the far side – which was fine with us. We had a good view but weren’t in the middle when they come in and amongst the tables.

All the tables were already laid with salad and cornbread.

During the show they bring out buckets of ribs, mash potato, fried chicken & beans, then dessert which was strawberry shortcake. I am sure most of you have gathered by now that I am a fussy eater, so no surprises that I didn’t like it but Lee didn’t either. There was hardly any meat on the ribs, the chicken was really pink, the beans were like kidney beans which we don’t like anyway and the mash had great big hard lumps…yuck! The show was fun with the corny jokes, napkin twirling and playing the wash board.

Cost = 2 x Table Service credits each + tip.
I am glad we have done it but wouldn’t hurry back to do it again. We got out quick and made a run for the bus to avoid the crowds which paid off as the bus left after we got on it with just a handful of people on it. We got back to the car park at the entrance to FW and drove back to OKW by 9.45pm. We chilled watching tv for a while then had an early night.

Coming up next…. Surely not more shopping!!!!

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland

Last edited by Pinky166; 10-23-2009 at 05:48 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2009, 06:50 AM   #3
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

Oh Claire i love the Precious Moments figurines.
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:45 PM   #4
saratogagirl
I need books, and wine and Ian in order to survive
I couldnt wipe bottoms of strangers
I am strangely refreshed this morning ... and I am off to the butchers soon

You silly girl, what was going on with the gucci bag, repeat after me ready for next year "Thank you Lee, yes, I really need that bag, I really do love you, thanks again, you are so thoughtful" etc etc ....

I am loving your ornaments, I am practicing already "Ian, I really need the crush, mr potato head and dumbo ornaments, my life will not be complete without them, thank you dearie"
Old 10-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #5
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

You turned down a gucci bag
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #6
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

fab day shopping there, love the ornaments
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge @ Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
August 2014- Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort
darthtatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:15 PM   #7
suzycute
DIS Veteran

I could spend hours in the Christmas shop too!!
Old 10-24-2009, 06:03 PM   #8
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Lovely Christmas ornaments my DH is mad on buying these too, if we lose him we know where we will find him.

So please you managed to get your Precious Moments signed.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:29 AM   #9
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Lovely decorations and ornaments Claire. I have got to get that Stitch and Mr & Mrs Potato Head decs, they're fab

I would've turned the Gucci bag down too, but then again, I'm not really into designer bags

I'm off to read the next installment

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:35 AM   #10
scottish mum
We still have 2 posties in shorts
I'm still learning how to work it

What lovely decorations you bought.

We went to the hoop de doo last year and liked the show but not the food.
Disneyland Paris 1994, 1997, 2004, 2009
fort wilderness cabins september 2008
Beach Club October 2010

scottish mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:12 AM   #11
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side

Thank you all for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelittlemermaid83 View Post
Oh Claire i love the Precious Moments figurines.
Thanks hun, I knew you'd like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratogagirl View Post
You silly girl, what was going on with the gucci bag, repeat after me ready for next year "Thank you Lee, yes, I really need that bag, I really do love you, thanks again, you are so thoughtful" etc etc ....

I am loving your ornaments, I am practicing already "Ian, I really need the crush, mr potato head and dumbo ornaments, my life will not be complete without them, thank you dearie"
I can't believe I said no. Words can not express how annoyed with myself I was, still am!

I am sure Ian will let you get them....if not tell him I said you could have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
Lovely Christmas ornaments my DH is mad on buying these too, if we lose him we know where we will find him.

So please you managed to get your Precious Moments signed.

Thanks Elaine, I love that shop...infact I love any christmas shop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandymouse View Post
Lovely decorations and ornaments Claire. I have got to get that Stitch and Mr & Mrs Potato Head decs, they're fab

I would've turned the Gucci bag down too, but then again, I'm not really into designer bags

I'm off to read the next installment
Thanks Mandy.

Ohhh Mandy I love designer bags, I've got a few but could have had ONE more!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottish mum View Post
What lovely decorations you bought.

We went to the hoop de doo last year and liked the show but not the food.
Thanks for reading. Glad it wasn't just us that thought the food was bad.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:46 AM   #12
florida sun
Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe
Don't you know who I am ??? I was on Dr Who
I'm dizzy just reading

DISboards Moderator

Love the ornaments, they are beautiful, another lovely day

florida sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:03 AM   #13
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

lovely day claire, i love the christmas shoppe its my favourite

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #14
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Another great day. I love the Alien & Rex decorations

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #15
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Great day, i love all the figurines you ought

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: