Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2009, 03:18 PM   #106
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
I really like the looks of OKW and would love to stay there someday if (when) we buy DVC.

Your dinner looked sooo good!
We met soooo many people at OKW who have owned since the beginning and won't stay anywhere else. It's very sweet!

And dinner was goooooooooooooood!
Old 11-13-2009, 06:58 PM   #107
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

So glad you liked OKW. That resort seems so "old school disney" to me...one that I always remembered passing when my family was driving around WDW when I was a kid. Stinks about your noisy neighbors but maybe they were a bridal party? That would explain being up all night, being super excited and discussing hairstyles.

Did you now KNOW about the TIW automatic tip before you left or did you just forget about it? I don't think we've ever had a server remind us that the tip has is uncluded but I either read about on the DIS or when I was looking into buying the card.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2009, 07:36 PM   #108
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
So glad you liked OKW. That resort seems so "old school disney" to me...one that I always remembered passing when my family was driving around WDW when I was a kid. Stinks about your noisy neighbors but maybe they were a bridal party? That would explain being up all night, being super excited and discussing hairstyles.

Did you now KNOW about the TIW automatic tip before you left or did you just forget about it? I don't think we've ever had a server remind us that the tip has is uncluded but I either read about on the DIS or when I was looking into buying the card.
They weren't a bridal party. They were a family with at least a Dad and several teenagers- I think 2 girls and one boy. At least based on the myriad of conversations I couldn't help but hear all night long.

Yes, I did know TIW was an automatic tip- I just snoozed because it was the first time using it since the spring. DUH!!! We used it this whole past week, and nearly all of the servers circled the tip on the check. But, of course, now I'm paying attention to it!! We always tip more if the service was really good, anyway. Just something to keep in mind, though, so I never forget again!

By the way...one marking period down, 3 more to go!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 07:51 PM   #109
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
They weren't a bridal party. They were a family with at least a Dad and several teenagers- I think 2 girls and one boy. At least based on the myriad of conversations I couldn't help but hear all night long.
Oh....oh well, I tried! Then they SUCK!

Quote:
By the way...one marking period down, 3 more to go!!!
I know!! Can you believe it!! November and December always fly, too...

BTW, LOVE the new family pics in your sig. Are they from this past trip?
Old 11-13-2009, 09:24 PM   #110
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Oh....oh well, I tried! Then they SUCK!

I know!! Can you believe it!! November and December always fly, too...

BTW, LOVE the new family pics in your sig. Are they from this past trip?
Thanks! Yes, the pics are from the new trip ( the avatar is from V&A's with Pods in Sept) and....thanks for tryin', but YES! THEY SUCKED!!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 10:33 PM   #111
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

All caught up again. Guess I wasn't too far behind since we were gone for the same time.

It was fun texting to see where we both were. I know now though that I was getting texts far later than they were sent. My niece and nephew let us know that when they complained we weren't answering. Point being I hope you didn't get a 3am text I sent at 9pm!
Old 11-13-2009, 11:16 PM   #112
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Poor Ellen and the NOISY neighbors !!! Your supper looked very good except for the burnt scallops !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 11-15-2009, 10:08 AM   #113
podsnel

LBV Golf of Champions! Well, not so much...

We headed over to SSR for our morning of golf at LBV, the course that winds through OKW & SSR. I was a little nervous, because i am a very, very, UBER Beginner golfer, and i really didn't want to ruin some strangers' round with my cluelessness on the course. I was just certain that we would be matched up with golfers the likes of tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson, and i would be humiliated beyond belief.

Nothing could have been further from who we were paired with. Not that they weren't good golfers- they were- just that, they were so nice and understanding and encouraging and I couldn't have hoped for a better couple to complete our foursome. Even if I did stink it up, BIG TIME, out there! They were a couple from California, Mary & Larry, owners at OKW since the beginning, yearly 10 day Disney vacationers- alternating their visits to OKW with each of their grown children and their families. And they play a LOT of golf while on vacation at WDW. So, pretty much, this is who Pods & i hope to become when our kids are grown one day. Especially, I would like to become Mary. Because Mary was the best golfer of us all. AND....Mary told me that just 10 years ago, she was a beginner JUST LIKE ME. So there is hope, after all!! And FWIW, for the rest of my life, when I golf with DH and I actually have a nice shot? Well, that's a Mary shot- and it will be for all time. Some pics from our day-

I took alot of pictures because I decided in the interest of everyone, I would golf every other hole to keep things at a decent pace. And, since this round of golf was only $39 pp because of the DVC golf membership we got, I didn't feel that bad doing that.

Sadly, DH golfed the absolute WORST game of his life! He is not one to be bothered all that much by his golf game, and he has been playing since he was a kid. But THIS game...well, it put him in a fairly crappy mood for the rest of the day. And that was stink-O!!!

Stick kids on the course!!

One last thing- all of the CM's who worked at the course, from the ones who checked us in to the CMs who worked in the proshop- ALL of them were SPECTACULARLY nice, and kind, and friendly- really, really making it a day of golf with a Disney difference! We finished up just in time to quickly shower up in the clubhouse and head over to Tokyo Dining for our 3:30 Sake & food pairing demo. JUST in time!!

Last edited by podsnel; 11-15-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:26 AM   #114
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great Update Ellen !!! I took Golf lessons in High School in England and we walked 3 miles to the golf course only to find that afterthe first time the PRO forgot !!So we started calling before we walked the 3 miles and if he wasn't there we hit the local coffee shop!!! Did that all year till we got BUSTED and in BIG trouble
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 11-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #115
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

That's great that you got paired up with such a nice couple! Glad you enjoyed the day!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 11-15-2009, 03:14 PM   #116
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Ellen! Nice to see you back! I'm so happy that Sean joined you and had a good time! OKW looks very nice. I had heard so many bad remarks about old and worn out, I've been afraid to try it.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #117
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

I admire you for getting out there and taking up golf. You will be a Mary someday.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:53 PM   #118
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

All caught up. So glad you hear you had fun on your most recent trip but sorry everyone was sick. OKW is just lovely, isn't it? You can almost forget that you're in WDW (not that you'd want to but it's just that relaxing). Yachtsman looks yum-o! Glad you finally got your Fairytale Cuvee. I saw bottles of that for sale when I was there in Sept in various "kitchen" stores.

Looking forward to more!

Old 11-17-2009, 10:39 AM   #119
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
All caught up again. Guess I wasn't too far behind since we were gone for the same time.

It was fun texting to see where we both were. I know now though that I was getting texts far later than they were sent. My niece and nephew let us know that when they complained we weren't answering. Point being I hope you didn't get a 3am text I sent at 9pm!
Don't worry- the phone never rang from you at 3 am! I liked texting withyou while we were there, too. Sorry we could never work out a meet- guess we'll have to go to lunch again soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Poor Ellen and the NOISY neighbors !!! Your supper looked very good except for the burnt scallops !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great Update Ellen !!! I took Golf lessons in High School in England and we walked 3 miles to the golf course only to find that afterthe first time the PRO forgot !!So we started calling before we walked the 3 miles and if he wasn't there we hit the local coffee shop!!! Did that all year till we got BUSTED and in BIG trouble
You're a TROUBLEMAKER?????? Nawwww....

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
That's great that you got paired up with such a nice couple! Glad you enjoyed the day!
Thanks, me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Ellen! Nice to see you back! I'm so happy that Sean joined you and had a good time! OKW looks very nice. I had heard so many bad remarks about old and worn out, I've been afraid to try it.
Hi Tammie! I definitely liked the vibe at OKW- extrememly homey. It did not look worn out at all to me, it was very relaxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
I admire you for getting out there and taking up golf. You will be a Mary someday.
Ooohhhh...I hope so! She was da Bomb!! Every tee shot sailed straight down the fairway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
All caught up. So glad you hear you had fun on your most recent trip but sorry everyone was sick. OKW is just lovely, isn't it? You can almost forget that you're in WDW (not that you'd want to but it's just that relaxing). Yachtsman looks yum-o! Glad you finally got your Fairytale Cuvee. I saw bottles of that for sale when I was there in Sept in various "kitchen" stores.

Looking forward to more!
Yes, it was a bummer we were all feeling under the weather while we were there- but it all worked out.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:30 AM   #120
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Ellen Me a trouble maker !!!!!
[/B][/URL]
[

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: