Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #76
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Caymus owns the wine we drank- but had we not been told that, I never would have known- as it doesn't say anything about Caymus on the bottle, or at least not on the front of the bottle. Kind of like going to a Coca-Cola tasting and sitting down to 3 different sips of Sprite. And it wasn't expensive- this was one of the seminars that used to be free- this year they started charging- $8 or $5 (if you had an AP, DVC, or TIW card- so I got the $5 tickets).

I don't think we look hungover- I felt fine, I drank a gallon of water before bed!!
Up to date on the pics now. You guys look great! (no hint of a hangover) and I Love the new dresses. Very pretty.

I have to stay that I am surprised the wine tasting was so inexpensive. Having never been to any F&W events, I figured everything extra was pricey. But that is one meager serving of wine. Howsabout a real glass of wine?

I am thinking of purchasing the canon rebel because I've read/heard a bunch of good things about it. I'm surprised the screen went black on you. I'm glad its OK.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 11-03-2009, 08:54 AM   #77
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

F&W, A DISmeet and the Devil wears Sparkly Ears takes Pods to Club Cool!

The rain was pretty heavy for a bit, so we waited it out in the FC before going out to eat the world!!! Our first stop was Ireland for the Lobster & Scallop Fisherman's Pie-

Sorry, took a bite first, shame on me! This was delish- lots of seafood, and who doesn't love mashers? We shared a Guinness. And we had the great joy and pleasure of timing it all with an Off-Kilter performance. Who, when you've left your kids at home, you actually get to sit down and WATCH!!! They are AWESOME!!!!

Next was Greece, we had Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki and a white wine-(sorry i forget which one!)

I love that sauce, I could eat it on a tire and it would taste great! Also had Spanokopita, which was crunchy, flaky and yummy-

And right then, it started to POUR!!!! And so we huddled under the F&W retail kiosk along with a hundred other people- what a riot!! And DH started complaining about the rain- and I was like, you have GOT to be kidding! This is WDW!! Helloooooo??? I was just here for monsoon week of May '09 and THIS is NOTHING compared to THAT!!! Besides, now that I had my DVC extra special rain gear jacket, I was well protected from the deluge, so the rain is no problem, Mon!!

Soon it slowed to a drizzle, plus our wine and food ran out, so we braved the elements and headed to Brazil & Argentina to snarf down a Grilled pork Skewer , a grilled beef skewer with chimichurri (WOW), and a Leblon Frozen Caipirinha. All were delicious, but I have no pics because of the drizzle- sorry! Anyway, it was time for us to take a little stroll over to the front gates- because we were havin' a DISmeet!! Karajeboo & DD Ally were on their way via monorail from MK and would be arriving any second!!
A little backround- Kara is one of my DISmom pals....she is actually a woman who I invited to stay in our AKV concierge room last May, even though I had never met her before...well, except for here, on the DIS. Her husband Jeff is I think STILL convinced I am an ax murderer just waiting for the right moment to bring her to her unfortunate demise....well, we'll just have to see, because we're doing another DISmom trip this May, so there IS still a chance...MWA-AH-HA-HA!

Pods waits-

Ahem...anyway, I was really excited because today I'd be seeing not just Kara (who HAS to be one of the funniest people on any forum ANYWHERE) but also her darling daughter, Ally!!! I couldn't wait! After all, so far I had only ever met Ally-on-a-stick, and well, quite frankly, she's just so one dimensional. Although still entertaining! (If you haven't read the DISmom TR, you are probably thinking I'm crazy right about now, if so, I apologize).

Here they are, the Sparkly Girls at long last!!

This was the last thing these two were doing before heading home- so we were very honored we got to spend this time with them. Of course, Ally IS Kara's child, cute as can be, sweet as can be....with a bit of a devilish twist! We whisper to her that Pods has never been to Club Cool before...so guess who was leading the charge!

""Oh sure, Mr Pods, I just love this Beverly and so will YOU!"

Ohhhh...that was hilarious!! That little cutie was so SMOOTH!

Sadly, the laughter died a little too soon, because it was time for the Sparkly girls to hit the road-

Awww...don't be that sad! They were coming back the next weekend!! It was time for us to go too...to check-in at OKW. But would we ever find the car in the ginormous EPCOT lot????

You betcha, Baby!!!

Well, that's it for now, i think- we do LEAVE in the morning for vacation, and although I am packed, I still have three thousand details to address today. Please remember to say a prayer tonight before bed and again in the morning tomorrow that Sean comes with us!!! Because we really and truly won't know if he's going until he gets out of the van at the airport.....

Ellen

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2009, 09:18 AM   #78
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Up to date on the pics now. You guys look great! (no hint of a hangover) and I Love the new dresses. Very pretty.

I have to stay that I am surprised the wine tasting was so inexpensive. Having never been to any F&W events, I figured everything extra was pricey. But that is one meager serving of wine. Howsabout a real glass of wine?

I am thinking of purchasing the canon rebel because I've read/heard a bunch of good things about it. I'm surprised the screen went black on you. I'm glad its OK.
Thank-you- glad we don't look like crap!

I really like my rebel- I got the xsi because it had more mega-pixels and was faster- also offers more than the regular rebel to grow into. The screen went back because of all the humidity and temperature difference between our room (which we like c-c-c-c-cold) and outside. It all was fine, though!!
Old 11-03-2009, 09:32 AM   #79
MEK
DIS Veteran

What a great final update before you leave on vacation. Please tell me that Sean goes with you! My fingers are crossed and my prayers have been said.

And that Ally.....so cute, yet so sly....Seriously, was that the first time pods ever drank the Beverly? Haha ....priceless.

Have a MOST EXCELLENT VACATION. Can't wait to read two TR's when you get home!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 11-03-2009, 09:53 AM   #80
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

that is a priceless picture of Pods. You had it timed so well. My fingers are crossed and I will say a prayer that all goes well with Sean and that everything is where it should be.

best of luck!

Old 11-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #81
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Ellen! My LORD, you go on vacation A LOT!! I can't keep up with all your TRs! Okay, I'm going to start on this one and work my way back. I haven't read it all yet but I just wanted to let you know I'm here!! Hope to finish reading before you start your NEW "jersey week" TR!
Old 11-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #82
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

That's awesome that Ally got Pods to drink the Beverly! Have a great time on your vacation!

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 11-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #83
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Yet again, there is soooooooooo much I need to teach you about Disney....once again proving I AM the wiser DISmom.

But have I ever mentioned that I'm younger????

OMG!!! You hollered at me for calling Ally a howler monkey but you call her "the devil wears sparkly ears???" Hmmmm, wait, I guess that about sums it up!

And yet again, ITSK is BAAAAAAACK!

Seriously folks, it's a gift. I was just born this photogenic. Ellen, I will KILL you when I see you in April!!!!!!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 11-04-2009, 11:07 PM   #84
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Oh, Kara - you look great here. Did you see my "who has the biggest nose" Arbonne glamor pic from Mon night on FB? Yah - now who was born photogenic?
Old 11-04-2009, 11:11 PM   #85
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Ellen, sorry I missed your send off. Your dress is really pretty! If you check in, I hope Sean went with you and you are having a wonderful, peaceful family time. I'm prayin'!
Old 11-05-2009, 05:44 AM   #86
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

at the Beverly picture. Too funny!

Hope you are having a great vacation!!

Old 11-05-2009, 06:28 AM   #87
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Sean made the trip!!!!! I got a text from Ellen yesterday that they were ALL boarding the plane, and then later they were in Epcot!!!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 11-05-2009, 06:55 AM   #88
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Yay! another ITSK !!!!

Loved the PODS with the Beverley Face pix !!!

Ellen the food looks great !!! Glad Sean went
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 11-05-2009, 11:46 AM   #89
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Sean made the trip!!!!! I got a text from Ellen yesterday that they were ALL boarding the plane, and then later they were in Epcot!!!
Wow....that's got to be nerve wracking. I hope the whole family is having a great time!

Old 11-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #90
podsnel

Hi! We are having a great time- Kidani is amazing- I wish we were here the whole week!!! Lots of animals outside our room, and the kids all just had fun at the pool. Now headed to the arcade then DHS and Boma for dinner.

And how 'bout them Yankees!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the prayers- we are so glad Sean is here and enjoying himself!!!

Ellen

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: