Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2009, 11:54 AM   #16
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

Thanks, actually the flight left right before 8 am- it's the same one I always take, it lands right around 10:30 or so. I'll be on it again in 10 days!!
OK..... Can I Officially say how much I "hate" you! So jealous of your frequent trips. But, you know what, it makes me feel less guilty about my own affliction of taking two or three trips a year. However, it looks like I'll be holding at biannual trips for the next couple years.

Your sunrise pictures are beautiful. I had to get up and do the same thing while I was in Vero. I had an awesome 1 BR with ocean views. Just gorgeous.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-24-2009, 11:58 AM   #17
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

A Nature Walk with Barbie

Of course, eventually, we all got out of our comfy beds to begin our day. The boys were once again headed to Sandridge, this time to play 18 holes on the Lakes course. My DBF and I had our own plans, we would be going on a nature walk on the beach this morning at 8:45. There were just a few of us, and the CM, Barbie, was happy to take us out and answer our questions. The first thing we saw was this remaining turtle nest-

Barbie told us that this one was laid very late in the season, and had been buried under a ton of sand by a recent hurricane- they estimated it was 6 feet down. The turtle program in the summer is pretty busy at VB- she said that in the spring the CMs at VB are able to take turns scoping out the nest situation and recording everything and tracking it all, but in the summer they are too busy at the resort, so CM naturalists from AK take turns doing it. We continued walking on the beach, and Barbie showed us some sharks teeth. Did you know the black sharks teeth are actually fossils? Very, very OLD fossils? And the white ones you find are newer, as they have not been fossilized yet. We thought that was pretty cool. She said she finds them all the time on this beach. We kept walking, all of us looking for sharks teeth. We were all looking in this-

Do YOU see any sharks teeth? Because none of us did. But we did find lots of plastic & other garbage to put in this bag Loni's holding, so we did that instead-

A pretty beach morning glory-

Tut Tut, it looks like rain....

See all the people up on the boardwalk? They were there to pick up trash on the beach that morning. They got tshirts. Do you know what we got? Sharks teeth! Barbie had spotted SEVEN of them on this little walk- one for each of us!! We were amazed, and not a one of us could figure out how she was spotting them! So if you go to VB, and you're jonesin for a shark's tooth- look for Barbie! That girl has the knack!

We finished just in time to miss the rain. I just remembered, I forgot to mention the most incredible sight on this walk- Barbie & I were looking at the ocean (we were the only ones who saw this) and a 6 foot TARPON leapt right out of the water and flew through the air!!!! It was so freakin' COOL!!!!! Inside-

We were going to breakfast at 10 with Goofy and Donald at Shutters-

Here's a copy of the menu we wouldn't be ordering from-

Goofy's Breakfast on Saturday morning is served family style. It was yummy, I wish I was eating it right now!!

As soon as we sat down, Donald came by for the first visit- this character breakfast was EXCELLENT, there may only have been 2 of them, but they stopped at our table probably 4 times each. A WHOLE lot more than in WDW!!

Lonnie decided to enter the coloring contest-

And this fruit plate was delivered to our table-

Donald came back to visit, and asked me if I wanted to go out for a drink later. I can assure you, Daisy has nothing to worry about!

he also asked us to promise not to eat any duck while on vacation. I kinda forget if I kept that promise or not ... Here's the cone of pastry goodness-

Cont'd next post-

Last edited by podsnel; 10-24-2009 at 12:59 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #18
podsnel

More Goofy Breakfast

The pastry was followed by scrambled eggs, the hands-down BEST breakfast potatoes I have ever had, sausage, bacon & Mickey Waffles-

Would we like some more Mickey waffles? Does a Bear s....I mean, yes, please!!

Time to add a little Goofy to our day!!

The handler tells him to do something different, she's seen this pose enough today!

So he asks us to dance-

See Lonnie's face? lonnie HATES to dance- even with GOOFY!! Me, on the other hand, I could dance all day!

I even got a twirl!

Lonnie made me take this photo- she was excited to find someone with bigger feet than her!

Look! All done in Gator colors!!

She was very sad when she didn't win. We wrapped up the remaining fruit and pastries, and said good-bye to our buddies. A very enjoyable breakfast, and best of all, it took place during the only rain of the day!

The sun shines again! Let's go for a bike ride!!!

Old 10-24-2009, 12:09 PM   #19
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I just knew you would orderseafood of some sort !!Those lobsterand corn beignets look delish!!!

I think the Peep Fest is late June !!! More when I find out !!!!
I do love fish, and I do like to order it when I'm out, so that's a very safe bet! But I eat pretty much everything, so as not to play favorites. Just can't stomach french toast. My mother made me finish my breakfast one day when I was 4 or 5, it was french toast. I believe the last piece went in my mouth somewhere around 8 at night- I had been sitting at the kitchen table with it all day. To this day, I can't put it in my mouth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
OK..... Can I Officially say how much I "hate" you! So jealous of your frequent trips. But, you know what, it makes me feel less guilty about my own affliction of taking two or three trips a year. However, it looks like I'll be holding at biannual trips for the next couple years.

Your sunrise pictures are beautiful. I had to get up and do the same thing while I was in Vero. I had an awesome 1 BR with ocean views. Just gorgeous.
The official paparazzi of the DiSmoms is NOT allowed to hate the DISmoms!!! You go on a vacation or 2 yourself there, Missy!

And I remember your sunrise pics in your TR- they were much nicer than mine!
Old 10-24-2009, 12:55 PM   #20
podsnel

A VB Bike ride OR how to sweat off 5 lbs in a little under an hour!

We went over to Ebb & Flo's and rented a couple of bikes for an hour. The CM handed us a map of the Indian River Bike Path, and we were ready to roll. At the last minute, we decided to buy a couple of waters to bring with us.

That decision, quite possibly, could be one of the best decisions of my life. Man, it was HOT!!! And it was HUMID!! And we were riding bikes for nearly 8 miles! Now, at home, I like to ride my bike alot, and i usually go for somewhere between 9 and 12 miles when I go. So I thought, 8 miles will be easy. See, here's the difference- Nj has a little something called SHADE. HHI also has SHADE. Vero Beach? Not so much. Sooo.... we went in the tunnel, made a right on A1A, rode what it says was 2.3 miles (that MUST be a typo- I think it was more like 2.3 million miles....yea, that's it!), made a right on Old Winter Beach Road, then made another right on the Jungle Trail which is a dirt road that runs along the river for 3.5 (million) miles, made another right on CR510 til we made a last right onto A1A and went back under the tunnel to the resort. On the map it says this is not recommended for children under 12. A very, very good recommendation, I think! But you CAN bring your dog on the bike ride, because there's a doggie watering stop about half way. Anyhoo....here we go!

We're not done yet!!

Smart water? It should be named Idiot water!

Hey- ya know what? We actually LOVED that ride! We felt like SUPERHEROES when we turned those bikes back in!! And it was beautiful back there by the river- we were hoping to see some manatees, but did not, but we did see fish jumping out of the water and loads of birds, a dolphin and some very pretty homes, so it was all worth it! And best of all, because we did it- we could have as many guilt-free Tangerine Dreams today as we wanted!!! If THAT's not an incentive to go on a little bike ride, I don't know WHAT is!

Last edited by podsnel; 10-24-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:10 PM   #21
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Loved the Donald Pix !!! I thought Lonnies picture was great!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 10-24-2009, 04:03 PM   #22
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

I am enjoying this report also!! VB looks lovely!! Wow I would not be able to walk the next day if I biked 12 miles!!
Old 10-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #23
S. C.
Loves to snorkel
Swam with the dolphins
Got soaked on BTMRR
Another tag

Great report!
..................If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

There's a great big, beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day!

Old 10-24-2009, 05:21 PM   #24
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

The official paparazzi of the DiSmoms is NOT allowed to hate the DISmoms!!! You go on a vacation or 2 yourself there, Missy!

And I remember your sunrise pics in your TR- they were much nicer than mine!
You are so right! "Hate" was not the right word. That sounds really bad and I am not a "hater". A better description would be super envious of two trips in two months! And you're right - I'm not slacking in the trip department. Except DH, Denny, told me he will be officially Disney'd out after our next trip in May! I need to work on that!

I love your latest update. That character breakfast looks super yummy and the characters are so colorful! I know exactly what path you are talking about - DH and I went running down that path. The CM told us it was shaded. Yeah - it was shaded alright - for about 200ft. I never lost so much sweat!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #25
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Wink Like minds think alike as going out 4 a bike ride is...

.....how I work off my margaritas (heavy on the "mar" of course) from the night before. I hit the bike trails at Castaway Cay for a while - great way to see the sights and burn off a few calories from the previous day.

Anywho - great trip report. Vero beach looks nice

tho....I do say dem Mickey waffles r sure making me hungry!
My "ADVENTURES N IRELAND" - TRIP REPORT; JUNE 2011 (w/pics & video) -http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N HAWAII" -October 2011 trip report (w/pics & video)- http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2&referrerid=0
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; DEC 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040

Last edited by knewton64; 10-25-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #26
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

I love your trip reports Ellen!! You are so happy and full of life no matter what you are doing. I am very happy our paths crossed.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:09 AM   #27
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
I love your trip reports Ellen!! You are so happy and full of life no matter what you are doing. I am very happy our paths crossed.
Metoo Ellen and you take the best ITSK pix ever
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Old 10-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #28
podsnel

Quote:
Loved the Donald Pix !!! I thought Lonnies picture was great!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
I am enjoying this report also!! VB looks lovely!! Wow I would not be able to walk the next day if I biked 12 miles!!
So happy you're enjoying it!! And i HAVE to ride that bike...I LOVE to eat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. C. View Post
Great report!
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
You are so right! "Hate" was not the right word. That sounds really bad and I am not a "hater". A better description would be super envious of two trips in two months! And you're right - I'm not slacking in the trip department. Except DH, Denny, told me he will be officially Disney'd out after our next trip in May! I need to work on that!

I love your latest update. That character breakfast looks super yummy and the characters are so colorful! I know exactly what path you are talking about - DH and I went running down that path. The CM told us it was shaded. Yeah - it was shaded alright - for about 200ft. I never lost so much sweat!
I can't IMAGINE running all that way- that's amazing!!! That day YOU must have qualified for a VAT of guilt-free tangerine dreams!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post

.....how I work off my margaritas (heavy on the "mar" of course) from the night before. I hit the bike trails at Castaway Cay for a while - great way to see the sights and burn off a few calories from the previous day.

Anywho - great trip report. Vero beach looks nice

tho....I do say dem Mickey waffles r sure making me hungry!
There's a bike path on CC?????

Isn't it the best?

I can't wait to do it again- I'm so excited that the CC expansion will be done when we go next november- I hope they're expanding the bike paths, too! Timmy & I had such a good time riding bikes and exploring that day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
Sweetie, this comment made me tear-up last night when i read it right before bed!! So sweet!! I'm so happy our paths crossed, too!!

Quote:
Metoo Ellen and you take the best ITSK pix ever
I am so happy you all like reading it- it makes it very, very easy to write! Thank-you!!
Old 10-26-2009, 12:36 PM   #29
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Reading Along Ellen!!
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 10-26-2009, 01:28 PM   #30
podsnel

Hangin' at the pool...

We went back to our rooms and changed into our swimsuits, OMG was it EVER time for a swim!! First, though, here's a couple of pics of Lonnie's room- since it was at the end of the hallway it was configured a little differently-

The view out the side window-

Before we got our very deserved frozen cocktails I think I went to the gym for a few minutes- a very few minutes!! Then we chose a couple of lounge chairs in the shade by the sea grapes- which, i have to say, were making a mess of the area, but were very, very pretty-

In a phallic kind of way...

We saw Barbie (from the beach walk that morning) and she was really happy to inform us that the unidentifiable stuff we saw all over the beach that morning was manatee grass- that doesn't normally wash up on the beach. We thought it was so nice that she ran up to us and was so happy to answer a question from the morning- what an excellent CM!! Soon the boys were back from stinkin' it up on the golf course AGAIN-

They ordered some lunch, I got some peel & eat shrimp which was just right after that big breakfast. (I HAD to get the shrimp- I read about it on the DIS!!) There was a DJ playing- although it was a substitute DJ and so it was an abridged version of what i think it normally would have been. The slide races started, and Pods said he would do it with me! The best part? Our times STUNK...but I beat DH!! I couldn't wait to tell the kids I kicked Daddy's butt in a race!! Anyway, the CM at the top with the timer had some tips for going faster which I tried, but was too chicken to stick with- because it felt like I was going to go flying out the side! I believe her advice for men sliders was to lay flat but lift their shoulder blades up, for women, you had to lean forward and try to pull your butt off the slide. Ummm....that works very well, but it was a little too fast for me!! Here are a few pics from the slide-

Looks like it's nappy time for Loni & Mike-

Ahh..look! More napping!!

When the snoozers woke up, we decided it was time to play some games......

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: