Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2009, 03:44 PM   #1
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Costumed Family Kicked Out Of Busch Gardens

http://www.wftv.com/news/21337037/detail.html
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #2
Janet Hill
DIS Veteran

We go to Busch Gardens Williamsburg every year at least once during HalloScream, and there are signs everywhere that no costumes are allowed. I've seen many people turned away who were in costume.

Wonder why they don't have it well posted in Tampa?
Janet Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2009, 08:43 PM   #3
ZenMickey
Mouseketeer

Costumes are never allowed at these type of events, for the reason noted: you couldn't tell the difference between guests and employees. The family should have known better, or better yet, just checked before going to all that trouble.
ZenMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:45 PM   #4
heathriel
Mouseketeer

Pray tell - "those types of events"?

Costumes are encouraged at Disney's Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, at Cedar Point's Halloweekends, and even at Universal's Horror Nights.

A family who has been to any of those parks' Halloween offerings might very well be confused to find out that they were not allowed to go in costume to Busch Gardens.
Florida Resident: '99 - '00
Hotel Royal Plaza - '01
ASM - '02
BWV - '03, '05
Dolphin - '04
Lake Buena Vista Resort - November '09
Villas at Seven Dwarfs Lane - June '10
Fort Wilderness - October '10
heathriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:17 PM   #5
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathriel View Post
Pray tell - "those types of events"?

Costumes are encouraged at Disney's Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, at Cedar Point's Halloweekends, and even at Universal's Horror Nights.

A family who has been to any of those parks' Halloween offerings might very well be confused to find out that they were not allowed to go in costume to Busch Gardens.
Costumes are NOT allowed at Halloween Horror Nights.I also just looked up Cedar Point's event and they don't appear to not allow them but they clearly state they prefer you leave your costume at home.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:08 PM   #6
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me
I fart cigarette-scented farts!

I'll second the fact that Halloween Horror Nights doesn't allow costumes (and I should know...been there 10 times already this season), but the idiots in question at Busch were NOT at Howl-O-Scream anyway. The news got it wrong, and I have that directly from the Busch PR person. They were there during the day, during regular park hours.
inkkognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:31 PM   #7
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
at Cedar Point's Halloweekends
It's phrased as a request, but it's not a request. Only kids under 54", and generally only during the costume contest at the Iron Dragon Stage. Adults don't wear costumes at CP's Halloween event. From the HW guide:

Quote:
· Please don’t wear costumes. Although you may look totally gnarly and rad, we’d prefer that we do the scaring!
· Children under 54” tall may wear costumes if they are participating in the Kids’ Costume Contest (held at 3 p.m. for pre-schoolers and 3:45 for grade-schoolers; ONLY on Saturdays and Sundays near Iron Dragon).
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:27 PM   #8
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathriel View Post
If they can read English there should be NO confusion. There are signs posted at Busch Gardens in Tampa (we were just there) AND their tickets clearly state that NO costumes of any type are ever allowed.

Technically they couldn't have been "kicked out" as the would not have been allowed in unless they smuggled their costumes in and changed in the bathroom.

You just can't fix stupid .
Old 10-25-2009, 08:37 AM   #9
RabFlmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post

My question----why would you dress up in halloween costumes in the middle of October on a hot day if it isn't even Halloween yet and you aren't going to a children's party with the kids? Publicity-their 15 minutes of fame maybe.

BG was right, but they should have been stopped at the gate and told the rules verbally if they went in wearing the costumes. Nothing has been said officially about whether they came in wearing them or changed into them at some point. As a manager I would be checking the tapes for that day. Offering the family their money back after they were in the park for almost all day was a good thing. The family refused? Why? The tickets could have been used any time in the future and they lived only an hour or 2 away if I remember correctly. Who took it to the paper? Bingo...... claim to fame....
Old 10-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #10
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabFlmom View Post
My question----why would you dress up in halloween costumes in the middle of October on a hot day if it isn't even Halloween yet and you aren't going to a children's party with the kids? Publicity-their 15 minutes of fame maybe.
Well I guess you can say they are different events and the fact costumes are alloweed, but couldn't you say the same thing about guests who attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party before Halloween.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote